• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of Generica IC (get back here! We're not done yet!)

Artemis's joke got a hearty laugh from Mark, "Yes, that would be little issue."

He then introduced himself, "You all are unfamiliar. My name is Mark O S. It is like an Operating System, because I am a robot more than a I am a rock man. Hah."

"I would hope we have already reached the maximum fall damage, then!" He commented before hearing the question, "Please, do us a favor, winged man, and scout out the floor for us. How many spiders do I have to stomp at the end?"

(I'm imagining he speaks exactly like Heavy Weapons Guy in TF2, by the way. Hehe.)

Out of the shadows a voice speaks, "Greetings. I hope i can be of some assistance." From the darkness a Winged centaur with a strange weapon appears. His left wing is artificial and the object in his hands sparks with electricity. A centaurasi. These creatures are a legend on their own. For one to ask to join a group is a one time offer only. He wears armor that despite the darkness still reflects a sort of sunlight. He continues, "I hope i haven't intruded on anything. If so then i completely understand. I get that alot." He lowers his head and suppresses a massive sigh of regret.

Artemis freaked out a bit when the mysterious centaur/Pegasus thing (Pegataur?) emerged from the shadows. He then took a break from freaking out to question things again.

"Wait!" He yelled. "This hole is big enough to fit multiple people, a rock man, and a centaur/Pegasus thing!?" That was an unusually large hole. Maybe it was designed to accommodate for any type of adventurer including Giants. If so, the rest of the small cramped dungeon certainly wasn't.

"What the actual-", Miria muttered, looking at the new arrival who seemed to have come out of absolutely nowhere. Now comfortably laying in Jaden's arms, she flipped through her guide again. "Oh, here they are. A cent... Centauro... Centaurasi? Wow it says here that if you eat them you can get superpowers! ...wait no, that's unicorns. If you eat centaurasi you get a bad case of stomachache. Hm", she scratched her head a little, and shrugged, "sure, welcome to the team or whatever. Not like this wasn't crazy enough already. Also, my name is Mirialle Nei'enno Phila", she pronounced it with the elegant and soft grace that characterized the elven language, "but people call me Miria. And by the way, I'm starting to think this fall is an illusion so if you'll excuse me", her eyes started to glow as she casted a basic spell for detecting illusory magic. Sure enough, they were all standing on the floor in a hole no more than three meters deep. As soon as her mind was aware of the illusion, it dissipated for her. "Yep. You guys should be able to see through it".

"Huh. What do you know." Artemis said, seeing through the illusion now that he was aware of it. He pulled out his sword because you don't just fall down a hole and not expect monsters. They were in a big open room with walls that all looked exactly like every other wall. Textures are a wonderful thing people! "I think we're getting close to the boss." Artemis said. "There are no upper floors and were on the lower floors so we must be getting close.

"Sure thing robo dude, I'll get right on it." Jaden folded his wings behind him and let himself drop, but for some reason he didn't seem to be falling any faster. "Okay usually when I want to go down I don't stay in place. What the heck is going o-AHHHHHHH!" Jaden let out a totally manly scream (No he didn't) as a centaur with wings suddenly materialized out of the shadows. It introduced itself and somehow looked like it was standing as they all fell.

"Ohhh so it's like a jedi mind trick. That explains it." The blackness below him faded away as he suddenly became aware that the girl, who had introduced herself with a name that Jaden has a hard time memorizing, was still being held in his arms bridal style. He coughed and turned his head before saying "So Miria, I guess you want me to put you down now. Unless you're tired, I could always give you a piggy back till the dungeon boss."

"Uhh, that was it?" Mark asked, when the elf uncovered the illusion, "We are not falling?"

"And," he said, turning to the Centaurasi, "horse-man! Good to see more fantasy creatures. Is this of your own creation?"

Klaus had been following behind, quietly. He had been humming to himself as he gingerly traced his weapon's playing grooves across his hands, loving the sensation of its bladed edges prickling at his skin, but never actually cutting in. More and more, the party argued; all the while the doctor remained silent.

It was then, the mysterious hybrid creature appeared. A Centaurasi, it was called? It resembled no creature Klaus had previously encountered.

"Hmmm?" He finally spoke up, letting his high pitched voice quirk to attention. He adjusted his posture, cupping a hand around the lens through which he saw, as he strutted from the back, approaching the electrifying creature. Silently, he observed it, absorbing its details.

"And how, say you, do we simply immediately trust this beast, hm? It may be a false offer, waiting for our trust before it attacks us, claiming our hard-fought gear? A lesson from the good doctor: slow trust forges bonds with fire."

Artemis thought about this for a second. There was a flaw in the doctors logic though. "That is an excellent point." He said. "However, if the horse man wanted to kill us he probably would have done it already. We were helpless during the illusionary fall and our friend here appears to be carrying some sort of gun, if this is tabletop I don't know how he snuck that past the GM, thus he wouldn't have had to try hard to kill us. He simply could have just done it, making gaining our trust completely pointless."

"Unless he's into some weird sadistic crap", Miria added, not really caring that much. As Jaden spoke, she looked up at him. She had kinda forgetten she was being held by him, "woah!", she scrambled in his arms until she fell off, landing on the floor with surprising agility. "Yeah, uhm. Thank you", she muttered, a little embarrassment showing through, as she fixed her tunic and brushed some dust off of it. She made light shine from her staff again and started illuminating around them, trying to look for more traps.

"Hold on, I have a surefire way to tell if this guy is evil or not." After Miria hopped out from his arms like a very large cat he crossed his arms and looked the new centaur right in the eyes. "Hey, if you're evil can you please tell us? It would make all of this a heck of a lot easier. Either way I'm making you my new friend so you'd better be good." And with that Jaden's opinion of the new guys morality was set as he turned to look around the large room.

Titus gazed down at his questioner and spoke, "The Centaurasi thou are not evil. Quite the opposite in fact. We are given the duty of protecting this world... and the inhabitants of good that reside within it." Despite the darkness the skysteel armor seemed to reflect an eternal sunlight which gave Titus the appearance of an angel of sorts. He continued, "I serve to protect and defend. Not to attack and destroy. My protocol States that any temptation to evil will result in thy disgrace of my people. There in lies your answer..." Titus steps back and kneels before his questioner in respect.

"Yeeaah! Another teammate!" Mark smiles, realizing exactly what the centaurasi is saying, "Good to have you on the team, bucko!"

Artemis simply stepped back. "What's with the old times Shakespearean English?" He asked. That wasn't even how people spoke during the current time period. It was just weird.

"Cool speech dude. See I knew that he was a good guy." Jaden continued to look around the room before questioning "So when does the boss spawn? Or is this the obligatory final room before the boss so we could prepare our party?"

"Let's hope the latter!" the rockman pipes up, "I don't want to become mincemeat without saving all my progress first."
"Speaking of, what kind of preparation could we do?"

Artemis looked around. He was looking for something very specific. He looked last the same spot five times before spotting the glint. "Aha!" He shouted, pointing to the chest. "There it is! If I'm correct that chest contains an item that will help beat the final boss for some reason!"

"Dibs!" Jaden called out as he rushed over to the chest. He knelled and opened the latch on the chest. "Come to pa-" He was cut off as the chest suddenly latched itself onto his upper torso and and started chomping. "Og gud I dnt eck, I in't chk!" (Subtitle: Oh god I didn't check, I didn't check!") He started to run randomly around the room while screaming like an idiot into the chest itself.

Titus raised his lightning rifle and fired. A bolt of lightning struck the chest causing it to become scorched and charred. He fired again and the second lightning bolt blew the chest apart into splinters. The pieces of the rifle extended outward which let sparks of crimson red electricity to dissipate from the weapon. "Didn't your parents ever teach you to think before you act?" Titus asked, clearly annoyed.

"Why are there mimics in the first dungeon?" Artemis asked. He was pretty sure mimics were a later level thing. "And why do you have a lightning rifle! Seriously! Why can't there be a definitive genre here! I'm so confused!"

"You and me buddy." Said a voice behind Artemis. He turned around to find himself face to face with a dragon. Artemis squeaked. "You wouldn't happen to be the boss would you?" He asked slowly stepping back.

"As a matter of fact, I am." The dragon said. And then the boss subtitle and theme song kicked in. "Monstrous Dragon: Fluffykins" was what the boss title read.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" The rock man charged towards the boss, his arms outstretched. When he reached the dragon (if he reached the dragon) he throws his arms down in a pounding maneuver.

Too much happening at once, Klaus thought. One of the fools got himself latched onto by a mimic. Klaus could only laugh as he ran around as the thing kept trying to eat him. As the lightning rifle was discharged, and the mimic destroyed, Klaus approached Jaden, proceeding to snap his fingers.

"Now now.. can't have you bent out of shape for further conflicts. You haven't bled enough, nor have you spilt enough blood!" As Klaus snapped, his hand began to be coated in a peculiar white energy. He reached out for Jaden, tilting his head.

"Now, where does it hurt wor-" he was cut off as, from the darkness of the dungeon, the bellowing voice of Fluffykins called forward. Realizing now, the urgency of the situation, he wasted no time before pressing his charged hand against Jaden, as a white pulse of energy flowed over his wounds, closing them up at an accelerated rate.

"Seems like our time of lollygagging is at an end."

"They did, but come on man it's loot! You can't just pass up on loot like that, it's wrong." So maybe Jaden got a bit ahead of himself (No pun intended) and rushed to open it without checking if it was a mimic. How was he supposed to know that there would be a mimic? It was just like Artemis said, usually these things aren't in the tutorial dungeon.

As he was recovering from the experience of almost being eaten by a mimic (which was equal parts terrifying and cool) some great music started playing out of nowhere along with a subtitle flashing in front of his face. "Fluffykins? Hey do you guys think that he has any relation to my cat?" Before he could get himself into the fight that weird plague doctor snapped his fingers and made a rather creepy statement. "Ummm just to be completely sure, you aren't gonna do anything....diabolical with my body right?" The doctor didn't answer as he thrusted his hand onto Jaden's chest and a white light covered his body, renewing the damage he had took."

"Guess it is doc, guess it is." With this Jaden struck a pose as he thrusted his hand to the side before throwing it into the air while calling out "Mask Change! Cobalt Guardian!" A quick flash of light filled the room before receding, showing him now covered head to toe in what looked like stereotypical knight armor with a light blue finish. On each of his arms was one part of a shield made entirely out of cobalt which shone despite there being no real light source. Rushing in to join the melee he jumped high in the air before descending towards the dragon with his shield at the ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back