help

Climpse

Im using a cell phone and i was wondering if i could get some help the character sheets,I've some really detailed sheets and some no so detailed so I'm kind of torn between the two Any advice will do or suggestions feel free to be 

Are you wanting to know how to create character sheets, what kind of sheets to use for a roleplay, or are you wanting someone to make a character sheet for a specific character?

How to make Character Sheets

Depends on the roleplay your in. Sometimes the people will give you a list of what they want in the sheets and sometimes it's up to you to make your own. I typically make mine in word docs or google docs then copy and paste.

But you can just make it on here just as well. Again you'd either post in the character sheet for the thread ( or if your making your own ) you would make character thread in the proper subforum.

Making them on this site is kind of simple. 

[SIZE= 10pt]Name[/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE]- blah blah

[SIZE= 10pt]Age[/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE]- blah blah

[SIZE= 10pt]Personality[/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE]- blah blah 

it's more or less just the above with the relevant information you want to add.

What kind of sheets to use for roleplays

Either ask the GM or your partner what kind of sheets they want to use

Make a Character Sheet For You

Give me a minute and I'll whip up some templates for you.

Wow @nerdyfangirl this vary helpful and informative,thank you for taking the time out to give me this information.i want to try the simple and the more detailed to see which i like best...the templates would be vary helpful to me. Thank you again @nerdyfangirl

@cokemonster sorry about that,i didnt have any to post i wanted look at how some of the detailed character sheets were and how some the simple ones for rps or just making some up 

Thank you@nerdyfangirl those are some great templates, i think I'll use the some these templates depending on the rp i join i may need a more customized template..

If you're having trouble deciding between "detailed" and "simple" character sheets, I think the best way to choose is to first figure out what exactly you need in an rp/what's information relevant to the rp, and what purposes you want to use the CS for.

For example: a superhero rp should have a spot to put in powers because it's information relevant to the setting/plot. A GM might also want to include a spot for weaknesses in both characters' powers and their personality to gauge the writing ability of someone who's applying. 

Do you think likes and dislikes are relevant to the rp? What do you and the other players need to know? Are you trying to gauge the writing ability of your players from the CS? Do you like having random fun trivia that you know about the characters or do you dislike it? That should help you build your own in the future.

Most people's CSs are a combination of what's necessary to write and respond properly (e.g, their appearance), what a gm uses to gauge if the character fits the setting (e.g, personality and history), what's relevant to the plot (e.g, powers for a superhero rp, species if it takes place in a fantasy setting, etc) what they need to gauge a person's writing ability (you could look at the overall CS, or include a section for a writing sample for example), and anything extra they think is fun (character's favorite foods, sexuality, songs, etc.)

@sathanas Thanks for that explanation,I've decided that was going to go with the simple sinces it my vary first rp. I will get more detailed as i get use to the forum rp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back