Advice/Help Help Out the FNG?

FathersDislikeMe

Don't Forget to Kill Tim
So I've been creeping here a bit, love what I see so far. My other sites aren't offering me the kind of crowd I'm looking for, not enough active users, or just have very bonkers layouts that are getting in my way. I will not name these sites, as I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus.

I'd like to know what the RP scene is like on here. Is there a preference for free-form over dice arbitration? Do emotionally deep, sappy, and/or romantic RPs have a place? Is dice the preferred way to go?

I've been fine-tuning two settings, one dice moderated and one largely freeform with etremely minimal arbitration. My settings tend to be extremely in-depth. The problems I'm running into, however, are groups largely wanting 1x1, strictly social role play, or players designing weapon-laden epic war heroes for role plays revolving around trying to help a runaway child find their biological parents.

Party: "What information do you have on your biological family?"
Child: "None. *sniff* The orphanage won't let me access my birth records until I'm eighteen."
MSgt Killy McBrassballs: *chambers round* "Rolling initiative against the foster care system."

Appreciate any info or advice on what's wanted/liked here. Never too old to be mentored.

Heyo, welcome to the site. Freeform is generally much more popular than dice. There seem to be quite a few romance oriented 1x1s floating about as well as tons of different stuff, but romance is always popular. I'd recommend browsing the interest checks which are subdivided by 1x1, group, dice and quests, and just take a squiz at what is on the first page on various different days - that should give you an idea of popularity and theme.

Heyo, welcome to the site. Freeform is generally much more popular than dice. There seem to be quite a few romance oriented 1x1s floating about as well as tons of different stuff, but romance is always popular. I'd recommend browsing the interest checks which are subdivided by 1x1, group, dice and quests, and just take a squiz at what is on the first page on various different days - that should give you an idea of popularity and theme.

Thanks, will do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back