• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Help me build a story! (temp. closed)

Treasure Hunt

Greetings, hello! Nice to meet you!

I don't quite honestly care what you call me! Treasure, Hunt, Hunter, it's all the same! Don't mind other names either, long as you play nice.

I'm new to this site, but I'm most definitely not new to the RP world, to RP or to writing in general! I love reading, I love writing and I have a vivid imagination that won't give me peace. It's why I'm here!

If given the right partner and if my muse is tickled, I can go on and on and on with writing! I love to write in detail, from the details of the physical worlds in which the action happens to the details of whatever processes happen within my characters' minds, I will most definitely write it all out if I have the inspiration!

And that is where you come in! I need you to bring me that inspiration! To make me want to write, to make my mind go nuts and make my hands just type out paragraph after paragraph! As kinky as it may sound, I need you to arouse my muse! I want to be excited every minute of every hour while I'm away from this site or my computer, excited for what I'm going to get to read! I itch for that, so much!

My style of writing is in third person, exclusively, that unless the narration happens from my character's point of view, which will happen in the form of a journal. But everything else, it will be in the third person, past-tense. Exclusively.

So, if you love detail, correct grammar/spelling and can write very well, you're the one I need! What do I need you for?

The story:

This story will take place in space, at the very least initially, and maybe on some planet or something as we figure it out more. The very basic outline will go as follows: My character (MC) is the last survivor of something beyond horrific. The spaceship he was a crew member of was ravaged by something, maybe an alien life form or some sort of virus that turned the people crazy and made them slaughter each other. The ship transported something very valuable. As he realized there was no hope left, he took that something and jumped into a shuttle, making for an escape. However, under strange circumstances, he ended up in a place that was somehow outside of time, and he was stranded for months, maybe even an year. Then, oddly enough, the shuttle resurfaces, and is encountered drifting through the vast space by another ship. Your character (YC) is a crew member of that ship. Maybe she is the one who observes the shuttle, or maybe she's the one leading the rescue team. Either way, that is where it all starts!

But hold on! There is more! I have here, as will be written, an intro!

Chapter I: Stranded
"Journal log number four-five-nine-zero. This is security officer Morgan Philips from SC Elysium. This may be my last recording... I wish I could just remember how many days or months have passed since I'm out here... Silence is deafening. I've been drifting through this void forever. The cargo is safe, but if you find this shuttle, ever... you'll need the access code. Heh... as if there's a chance in the world. Am I even sane for talking to this fucking camera everyday? Maybe it's the hunger that is getting to my brain. Boy, I'd kill now for some of that shit food they served at the cafeteria back on Elysium. I wonder if they ever found that hell... if they're still looking for the cargo... If they find me, will I get prosecuted? I only did this for the safety, it's what they instructed us..."

The holographic record abruptly ended. The shuttle was silently drifting, in a grave-like peace. In all the darkness of its interior, the hologram was the only thing that provided the least of light. The device that was casting it ran on a battery of its own, which somehow hadn't died. That, and the radio. For the rest, however, the shuttle was dead. No light, no engines, nothing pointed towards it being even inhabited by a life form. And yet it was. The shuttle was a rather medium size, a B class, and it was a small space ship in its own right. Somewhere in the room behind the actual pilot's pit were the sleeping quarters, with only one small bed that was now free. With every power source gone, the simulated gravity had gone as well, and so, the one who would otherwise have been laying peacefully in bed was now floating, though he was unaware of it. Not simply because he was sleeping.

Morgan Philips had never been one to abandon hope. And neither did he now, for if he had, he could've easily ended it all. He still had a gun, and enough ammo to end himself with. However, as he floated peacefully above his bed, he yet slept. The beating of his heart was slow, almost non-existent, but it was there. All due to the substance he'd injected himself with. It put him, for a lack of a better word, in stasis. It was something akin to a coma, a process that could only be reversed through an administered injection. It slowed down the metabolism to avoid a painful death from hunger. For all practical purposes, the stasis had been the best option Philips had at that moment.

His otherwise sharp facial features were now resting as he seemed to sleep peacefully. His face had long been covered by a beard that showed the signs of his thirty one years of age, with a few gray hairs in the otherwise dark color. His hair had grown quite some. As a security officer, Morgan had been very fond of the typical military buzzcut, however, now his hair was quite messy. Large enough as it was, the shuttle didn't really provide those kinds of necessary amenities. His solid framed body was covered in blue and black sleeping overalls bearing the emblem of the SC Elysium, and also somewhere in the room, just as idly, floated his gun. It was a slightly older model, one of his favorites, and it had served him well enough as the standard plasma sub-machine that was standard for all the security on Elysium had gotten jammed during his escape. His gun was the one that saved him from death.

In this state, he couldn't hear the radio in the pilot's room. He couldn't hear anything, in fact.

"To the unidentified spacecraft, to the unidentified spacecraft, please come in." The voice on the radio said, its monotonous pattern resounding in the empty cabin. "Unidentified spacecraft, please come in." The voice called once more, with no response.

The voice called again and again, yet no response was given. And the shuttle continued drifting.

Well, I know that despite how much I talked about loving to write in great detail, that intro was quite short. However, I can assure you there will be plenty of writing done. To be fair, I'm just eager to put this out there and see a response!

So, here's what I need. I need a female character to play against! PM me with a reply to this intro! Let's see how you envision this starting off, and win me! The reply that kicks my mind into gear the most will get the plot, and then we'll move the RP over to a public thread, or keep it private if you so wish, but I'd much rather make this one public!

Eliza stirred awake in the dead of night. She looked over at the clock beside her bed. She had only been a sleep for three hours or so. She had been awakened by someone running past her room. As she listened a bit more carefully she could hear voices emanating in the hallway. She sat up quietly for a moment, listening to the quiet whispers that soon began to get louder. She looked down to find her two year old son still fast asleep. She carefully moved her arm out from under him before grabbing her jacket off the metal rack on her door frame and tossing it on over her t-shirt.

She closed the door as quietly as she could before hurrying to the cockpit where it seemed everyone had congregated. "What's going on?" the blonde asked as she looked at the mass of people. There weren't that many of them on the ship. In fact, there were only seven but space was tight on their little ship.

"Pilot found an abandoned ship. Looks like it fell under attack," Peter answered.

Eliza brushed one of her curly locks back behind her ear. "Don't we find those all the time?" she asked.

"I think the Cap might want us to go on board and see if there's any usable supplies."

"We're not going to find anything if the ravagers have already been thr..."

"Is that right, Ms. Mathison?" a voice said from behind her. She turned and saw the Captain standing cross-armed. He was a rather burly, reckless man. Eliza hadn't been on the ship long enough to decide whether or not he had a good heart. Then again, it wasn't like it mattered. He turned his cold gaze away from her and looked around at the rest of the crew. "We're going aboard. I want two men with me to scout out what's in there. Ms. Mathison, grab your medicine kit. You'll be coming with us."

Eliza bit back a snarky response. She knew she shouldn't argue but sometimes he just made it so difficult. To distract herself, she turned her attention to Alice. No words were needed between the two women. Alice knew her job all too well. The older woman quickly departed to go and check on the little boy who resided on the floor below.
~
Soon they were aboard the abandoned ship. It didn't look like it had been abandoned for too long though it was hard to tell with all the damage. Eliza stayed close to her counterparts. She knew how to use a weapon but she would hardly say that she was very good at it. She was better at healing blaster wounds not causing them. She carried a few essential medical instruments with her as they scoped the place out. "Keep your eyes open," the Captain said, "The Ravagers may still be here."

Treasure Hunt Treasure Hunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back