• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Heavenly Highs and Hellish Lows.

Fairfax

What would you pay to become a god?

View attachment 1097080

I'm going to preface this with a quick warning that this roleplay is meant to dwelve into darker themes, so if that isn't something you'd be comfortable with this roleplay might not be for you.

Anyway, the story of this roleplay begins with each character having been approached individually by a mysterious figure known only as "The Preacher."

This enigmatic being seems to possess an almost supernatural insight into each character's deepest desires and struggles, offering them an unsettling solution - a drug called Ichor. This curious substance promises to resolve their troubles, but at a considerable risk.

Injecting Ichor sends characters into a profound hallucinatory trance where they meet a Patron, a spirit taking the form of a figure from real-world mythology who will determine their fate. If the Patron deems them worthy, the characters awaken with incredible magical abilities corresponding to the Patron's form (a Patron taking the form of Thor, for example, could grant the power to manipulate lightning)

However, if the Patron finds them unworthy, their lives end abruptly.

Armed with their newfound powers, the characters pursue their greatest dreams, thinking the supernatural gift may be the answer they've been searching for. But as they soon discover, these abilities come at an appalling cost. The more they tap into these skills, the more it takes a toll on their bodies, ultimately putting their lives on the line.

Will this dire price be enough to deter them from their dreams?

The actual plot of the roleplay will begin a couple of weeks after the characters have taken Ichor and will primarily be a character-driven, sandbox-style roleplay that allows players to explore their characters' stories and interact with others within the same dark world.

If this sounds interesting, please let me know.

FAQBelow are some frequently asked questions and some lore that I weren't able to naturally insert in the actual lore blurb.

What's the deal with Patrons?Let's adress the elephant in the room first, the Patron aren't actually the gods they take the form of. They are as bound by how humanity views the gods their take the form of as vice-versa.

In other words, a Patron that takes the form of Kronos can grant time related abilities not because Kronos was a god of time (though he definitely was and I'll gladly die on this hill) but because people think he was.

This is also why there's Patrons of gods like Chernobog and Ix tab even though those gods didn't exist.

What's the deal with the Preacher?Nobody really knows anything about the Preacher. As mentioned in the interest check, they seemingly have a supernatural ability to know a persons deepest secrets and desires but they also possess the ability to seemingly get into any location they want.

Furthermore, each person who have encountered the Preacher give different descriptions of them. Some say that they're a young man, while other say they're an old woman. One guy swears that they were a talking cat.

However, it's unclear if this is because the Preacher also possesses the ability to shape change or there are multiple different people that operate under the alias.

What's the side effects of taking Ichor? While Ichor itself doesn't have any real side-effects (well, at least if you're found worthy by your Patron), using the powers it grants you does.

The exact side-effects vary from person to person, but generally they start out relatively minor. Headaches, nosebleeds and such things.

But the more a character uses their powers, the worse and more fantastical the side-effects become. Character might find that they produce blood instead of tears or that they're aging at an accelerated rate. Some side-effects might even reflect the nature of their Patron, a character whose Patron is associated with cold might start developing frost-bite for example.

If the characters keep using their powers despite this, they'll eventually die.

It's can be worth noting that any side-effects are as a rule immune to people's powers. So a character that can heal people can't heal damage created by a side-effect.

At the start of the roleplay however, your character has probably not suffered any side-effects yet. And if they have, they've mostly been very minor.

What's the posting requirements? A paragraph or more once every four days.

Will there be a Discord? Probably not, I'm not a super big fan of using Discord for OOC but if most of those who express interest in this idea want one I guess I could create one.

That said, there will still be an on-site OOC thread and any potential Discord won't be mandatory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back