• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heart of Mana Chat & Questions

Ha, I was basing the magic off of 5e D@D spells, as that's the edition I have. Anyways, questions first. Do the Omni-Domains have their own crystals? If so, wouldn't they be super, super rare? As in, likely 99.9% of people living in that time would never see one?

If the crystals do exist, wouldn't it just be easier for members of those domains to artificially create Omni-Crystals?

The way I see it is if a person wanted to create an Omni-Crystal, they would have to combine Mana Crystals from different domains to create an Omni-Crystal. If someone wanted to create a Sound Crystal, for example, they would have to obtain all Mana Crystals that have the Air Domin (Air, Light, Ice, Sand, Electricity, Dark, Nature, Spirit).

After obtaining one of each crystal, they would have to go to a Shaman. From there, the Shaman would combine all crystals into the Omni-Crystal the person wanted.

However, you couldn't create a Void Crystal, because obvious reasons. A Life would have to contain one of each crystal, including Omni-Crystals.

But, then again, this is just how I see it.
TravelingMystic TravelingMystic

Last edited:
The way the Omni-domains work is by sacrifice of something, usually imperative to control that type of magic. Like gravity; you give up your physical strength to control that type of magic. It is EXTREMELY difficult to infuse a crystal with an omni, and even those who use that kind of magic have trouble aligning a mana crystal with said type.
I'm not sure about the synthesis of an artificial omni-crystal, since the key ingredient in all of that magic is really sentience. If anyone had figured out how to create artificial omni's, it would be ridiculously rare, along with the fact that the attempt would have a very slim chance of working.

I'm not saying it's not possible whatsoever, there's still new discoveries of magic in this world all the time, but it would take very skilled crystalists to bust their asses for years to maybe figure out a prototype of the possess. Depending on the dedication of your character though, that could be their big project.
I could see that

The only two omni-crystals that are easy to find are void and life actually. Life is very common, as most priests have that domain in order to do their healing. Any persons that are dedicated to the lives of others have the Life Domain available.
Void is a bit more exclusive. High in the mountains, northeast of the capital(the city we are currently in) is a Monastery dedicated to the secrets of the void, and a brotherhood of monks who practice nothing but void magic. Void crystals too are possible, but can only be obtained by the monks. Aristocrats often have void crystals at the entrances of their homes, as when a void crystal is near any other domain, it mimics its property, actively being like a metal detector for a person's magical potential.

There's actually a common process among young beings in many cities, where they register their primary domain. There's a pedestal with a perfectly spherical void crystal floating above it. The person in question would hold their hands to the sides of the crystal and focus. Void, its properties being nothingness, would actively try to suck in the aspect of the person's domain, changing its properties. So someone with a fire domain would have this orb burst into flames, or a water domain would cause the sphere to almost sweat with moisture, etc.
If you want a list of reactions with domains, I can post it. Everyone would have gone through this at some point, most cases when the young being starts being educated or is administered into an academy.

Anyways, here's my list of really, really terrible spells.

~NATURE~

CREEPING VINES- Tendrils of vines creep out from behind the user of this spell. These can be used as weapons, or for other uses.

When used as a weapon, the vines can just be plain old normal vines, or can have thorns on them. With thorns, they can be used as a weapon that can slash, pierce, or cut enemies. Without thorns, they can be used to strangle. Five or so thornless vines wrap around an enemies neck, and squeeze until their victim dies.

These vines can stretch out to be around 40 feet, or shorter. However, an experienced person, such as a Shaman, Domain Adept, or Crystalist can make the vines stretch to around 70 feet.

When the user of this spell dismisses it, the vines melt into existence, until used again.

~FIRE, LAVA, AND STEAM~

SCALDING AIR- This is more or less just an harmless sensory affect. The spellcaster caster makes the air around them in a 10-foot radius hot and humid. The spellcaster is not affected by this, however. When dismissed, the effect slowly dwindles away.

~ICE~

FREEZING AIR- Like Scalding Air, but instead with frigid air.

Why thank you! ^-^

And i don't think their terrible whatsoever! You are on a good start to making a personalized arsenal of spells at your disposal. As your character learns more about magic and crystals, they will even figure out how to imbue a crystal with a very specific spell and/or trigger to cast it

You are on your way to greatness!

MM! Also, I apologize for the rp taking off slowly. I have a few people that are interested and are making characters, they just need a kick in the pants to join

You're welcome, and thank you ^-^! And it's okay that the Rp is taking of slowly. Tbh I find it more interesting if it just starts off slow, then when the suspence is off the rails.

Ok buddy ol pal, Ez has joined the party. I forgot to mention in my sheet that Joe is a part of the guild but he isn't an active participant in the affairs. If something interests him then he may hop in on it. is that cool.

Okay, I'd like for everyone to have at least one post before I move on, since this may move us places. There are possibly three more people joining, one is having trouble with their characters appearance, one I just need to kick in the ass cause he doesn't like new things, and the other is working.

I've already posted for Immarth, so I guess I'm good to go? Eh, I'll likely post more later on anyways. Also, Mystic, if Matthew decided to show the crystal to the Guild (like take it out of his pile of stuff, and actually show it), could Immarth try to use the power of the crystal, just to see what it can do?

Hey I don't know how much I'll be able to post with Jamie being a little turd and being everywhere. But I'll do my best. :grinningteeth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back