• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 [ic]

Characters
Here

Uxie

ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭* ੈ‧₊❀˖°

heart eyes

Song Eui-joon

triples

&

Heo Ye-Won

uxie

Last edited:

do you love me (ft. george)

LUNA

00:00

heo ye-won

i got the ice cream, so just stay put!

heart eyes

chapter 1

popsicles & playgrounds

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home

saevom

flower you

it had sounded like a fun idea at first; going out for drinks on the last day of freshmen orientation was tradition, according to her peers, and ye-won had been down for drinks, even if she wasn't great at holding her liquor. looking back now, though, ye-won wished she'd had declined. she'd probably have been dragged along regardless, but the circumstances that played out must've been a work of murphy's law.

"so, tell me, again, why you're wearing sunglasses indoors?" ji-hoon piped up from her left, to which ye-won forced a small smile.

"i got a call from my mum while in the bathroom, and she- she told me our... dog had been run over, so i ended up. crying?"
her words came out haltingly, and ye-won cringed. this was why she'd always preferred playing the tree in elementary school. lying was far from her strong suit. not to mention that her story was absolutely ridiculous, but it had seemed like a good idea in the bathroom.
"so my eyes are puffy now. and i didn't want to ruin the mood, or whatever. haha."
no surprise as to why ji-hoon looked utterly unconvinced, but his attention was quickly brought away as another senior returned with what had to be the table's fifth plate of beef. who was paying? ye-won wasn't the stingy type, but she'd had all of three pieces in her anxiety of having to deal with this mess, and if she was going to be paying exorbitantly for a meal she didn't have⁠— well, to put it simply, she was neither a billionaire nor a saint.

in truth, the reason she was making such a bold fashion statement was the stunning lack of socks between her soles and her shoes, with her socks stuffed unceremoniously into a bundle of toilet paper in her bag. everything had been going fine, up until ji-hoon dropped a red pepper pork belly slice on her feet and gave her dear old socks a good marinating session. it'd miraculously managed to avoid her shoes (thank god), but her left sock had been completely ruined. ye-won had made an attempt to clean it in the bathroom, but it only left her with a wet, red-streaked sock, and she hated wearing wet socks more than anything, so she'd opted to suffer. she was sure it was worth it. probably. she'd rather not think about it. at least most of the other students were caught in conversations amongst themselves, and ye-won could peacefully sit here for another half an hour or so before dipping out early.

"so what's up with you and song eui-joon, huh?" soo-young asked through a mouth full of meat from her right, and ye-won froze, taken aback by the sudden question. soo-young's eyes weren't on her, but on the boy in question seated only a few tables away. how coincidental was it that both of their faculties frequented this particular restaurant? ye-won found her gaze on her long-time friend as well, watching with slight interest as he mingled with a pretty girl adjacent to him that seemed very amused by his sense of humour. she reached for her glass. "you guys dating?"

ye-won spluttered, coughing as she tried to recover from the burning path the soju had made down her throat. sure, she'd heard the question enough, but it still took her by surprise every time, even if her answer had never deviated.
"no, of course not. we just... knew each other in high school,"
ah, was she making him out to be a bad catch?
"he's a really nice guy! but we're just friends. why, are you interested?"

soo-young shot her a playful smile as she swallowed, batting her lightly with her shoulder. "oh, don't tease me!" ye-won let out a small squeak as her friend laughed loudly, rubbing her sore arm. soo-young had no idea how much strength she had, and ye-won was paying the price for sitting next to her. "but no, eui-joon's... not my type. you two seem very close, though."

"do we?"

"he's come to find you without fail nearly every day of the past week. not even real boyfriends are that committed." ye-won let out a soft giggle at the bitterness in soo-young's words, and she felt her eyes drift back to eui-joon. their eyes met then, and she offered a smile before turning back to her friend, bemusement seeping into her smile as she watched her swallow an entire lettuce wrap of samgyeopsal in one mouth. soo-young gave her a questioning look with wide eyes in response to ye-won's stare, gesturing towards the meat as if saying "eat,".

ye-won obliged, grabbing a slice of beef off the grill as she spoke,
"no, i don't think we could ever date."
the reasons weren't at all what soo-young was probably imagining, but the history major was in no place to share more, not unless she wanted to be written off as crazy.

"so you two are single, then?" came a voice from behind them, and ye-won made a small noise in surprise as an arm snaked around her shoulder. she turned, finding herself face-to-face with a guy she didn't recognise. the sunglasses made it a little difficult to discern his features fully, but ye-won already felt uncomfortable under his gaze. there was something lecherous about it. "may i sit?" she hesitated, unsure of how to respond. was she allowed to just say no? glancing helplessly at soo-young, she could do nothing as he, without waiting for an answer, slid into the seat ji-hoon had vacated minutes ago, his arm (thankfully) sliding off her shoulder to rest on the back of the chair. his attention was on soo-young, and judging by how her expression had darkened as soon as he'd showed up, ye-won had a feeling soo-young knew who this was.

maybe it was time for another bathroom break.
"ah i should—"

soo-young interrupted her with an almost forcefully polite tone. "that seat was a friend's, sunbaenim." a senior? the guy let out a stark laugh that sent alarm bells ringing in her head.

"we can be friends." jesus, what a creep. it was a struggle not to cringe at how close he was to her, and ye-won stared at soo-young, willing her to notice the pained expression on her face, but the sunglasses weren't helping her case in the least. what could soo-young do, anyway? punch him? judging by the arm that was reaching out now to pour him a drink, ye-won didn't like the odds of her friend winning a fight, even if she was unreasonably strong. he downed the soju quickly and smacked the glass back onto the table with a loud 'thud' that made ye-won jump.

half an hour— no, fifteen. she'd hold on for another fifteen minutes, and then say she was tired, or something. it was going to be a long fifteen minutes.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

@djbydsea
joon-ah... how could you get drunk without me? @emptyvasejoon ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

mood
honestly going downhill

outfit

interactions
(npcs) yu-bin | jin-ah | yun-hee

tags

IU - Friday (ft. HISTORY)

Contrary to the obvious flush on his cheeks and frequent bursts of laughter, Eui-Joon wasn't drunk, or even all that tipsy. The former was mostly because he was pale as heck and tended to go red easily, and the latter could be fully credited to Yu-Bin ⁠— whom he might have assumed was drunk, with all the crazy shit the boy was saying, if he hadn't been living witness over the last week or so to the fact that this was simply his new friend's constant state of being.

He checked his face through his phone's camera for the third time or so within the five minutes that they'd been out here, waiting for their other classmate to buy whatever it was that was taking forever to get from the convenience store. The blush was slowly fading, thank god. He was pretty sure that senior, Lee Yun-Hee, had thought it'd been because of her, considering her amused tone when commenting about his red-tinted ears.

He supposed it could have had something to do with her. She had been stunningly forward the entire night, after all. Enough that he was sure the whole table they'd been sitting at had already noticed. At least, he could be sure that the group of guys around him had. She's something else, huh? Yu-Bin had commented as they had left their seats just now and Eui-Joon couldn't disagree. Whether she was different in a good way or bad was probably majorly up to personal taste, though.

"But, seriously," Yu-Bin spoke up again from where he was leaning against the wall, just as their remaining friend finally reappeared, "are you not interested in her or have you just never heard of this thing called flirting?" Eui-Joon turned away from the screen to glance at him, thinking about what the honest answer would be. Both of his companions had already made clear their own opinions before they'd even walked out of the bbq restaurant, namely: of course I'd go for it.

"She's pretty, for sure," he acquiesced. He couldn't actually explain why exactly he didn't feel much beyond flattered by her advances. Another pretty face flashed across his mind, replacing the image of Yun-Hee like a boulder squashing a fruit out of existence, as if to remind him of something. Well, maybe he had an inkling. Instead of that inkling, though, he simply gave his usual excuse: "She's just not my type."

Yu-Bin scoffed at his answer, falling into step with him as they headed back toward the restaurant. "What's your type then?" The boy asked ⁠— a clear rhetorical question ⁠— and gave himself the answer without skipping a beat, "that girl from the history faculty? What was her name... Ye-Won?" Eui-Joon gave a short laugh at that, mostly because he'd seen that comment coming from a mile away.

"I still can't believe you aren't actually dating her," his friend continued, his tone almost lamenting, "you act like a puppy found its owner around her, man." Eui-Joon's smile took a slightly bitter edge as those words dissipated in the cold air. Did he really come off that pathetic when he was with Ye-Won? He didn't particularly care about how that reflected onto him ⁠— if he did, he'd have quit at least a year ago ⁠— but he was starting to wonder if that was the exact reason he'd stocked up enough rejections from her to last, like, fifty lifetimes.

Before Eui-Joon's turn to speak came around, they thankfully arrived back at the restaurant, and the conversation ended thanks to the distracting, bustling atmosphere inside. As he trailed behind his two friends back to the table that was welcoming them back, his gaze couldn't help but be pulled toward the girl they'd just been talking about. She was engaged in a conversation with the same people from when he spotted her while leaving, still in those sunglasses she carried around everywhere.

He dragged his eyes away, choosing to focus on returning the smiles of the two seniors ⁠— one beside and one in front, the only seats adjacent to his position in the corner ⁠— as he sat down. Even then, he still found himself looking toward her one more time, and surprisingly found himself meeting Ye-Won's eyes. What's that about? He wondered, but she turned back around before he even had a chance to think beyond that.

"Took you awhile," Yun-Hee's melodic voice came from his right, where she was sitting just a little closer than she needed to be, recapturing his attention. Jin-Ah chuckled at her friend's sarcastic tone, tagging on a vague agreement — something that seemed to leave her mouth much more often when she was around her apparent best friend.

"Ah, sorry," he apologized. His tone was more nonchalant than sincere, but neither girl seemed to care. "What did I miss?" The duo locked eyes with each other, going quiet for second before snickering, both so on time with the changes in their expression that the reactions seemed practiced. Eui-Joon blinked, confused, but brushed it off as him just not completely getting their methods of communication; it wouldn't be the first time, after all.

"I mean, there's that guy," Jin-ah finally replied, jerking her head slightly toward, presumably, whatever she was talking about. His eyes naturally followed in the direction she'd indicated, only to find themselves right back at where they'd been just a minute ago.

The only difference was a figure occupying the seat beside Ye-Won, arm thrown over the back of her chair, presumably doing or saying whatever it was that had put such an uncomfortable expression on his friend's face. He would've tried to feign disinterest, but his brow had already arced in honest surprise before he could even try.

"That's your friend, right? From high school or something?" Jin-ah asked. The two seniors hadn't been around him as much, and probably had only seen him greet or talk briefly with Ye-Won, so it wasn't surprising that they didn't sound all that interested in his relationship with her, unlike certain others. Eui-Joon nodded as he took a sip of his drink, trying not to dread what they were going to say about "that guy".

"The guy beside her is Bang Shi-Woo," Yun-Hee informed him, before following suit with her own drink, "he's a menace. A perverted one." The older girl continued, not pulling any punches with either her words or the sheer dislike in her tone. "A real creep, he likes going after the freshman girls," Jin-Ah tagged on, scrunching her nose as if to emphasize on how disgusting this senior was supposed to be, "as if any of them would like him." Eui-Joon's eyes stayed stuck, despite him only meaning to glance over. It wasn't as if Ye-Won was a helpless sort. He shouldn't worry, but -

"You look worried." Ah. Eui-Joon forced himself to smile, noticing that Yun-Hee didn't sound at all pleased. "Do you like her?" Jin-Ah asked with a soft giggle, her tone teasing but light, clearly oblivious to how much he didn't want her to ask that. Eui-Joon recalled the things other seniors had told him about Yun-Hee's own... habits towards female juniors. If he didn't want them to know what he was feeling, he'd have grimaced. Damn, and he was a bad liar, too.

"No, that's not..." he paused for a bit, catching himself before he stuttered, "I was just pitying that sunbae, for all the glowing reviews you guys are giving him." His tone came out relaxed and joking, despite the hurdles his mind took to get there. The two girls did that stare-stop-laugh thing again, and for the first time Eui-Joon didn't bother wondering why.

"You wouldn't pity him as much once you get to talk to him, I promise," Yun-Hee told him, and he obliged with a chuckle, not realizing how true that statement would quickly prove itself.

[media][/MEDIA]

codebytriples

Last edited:

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home

saevom

flower you

it had been, what, three minutes since he'd sat down, but ye-won was starting to feel like time had decided to run a little slower. his arm was still draped over the chair, though his fingers had crept up her shoulder in a vastly uncomfortable motion that made her want to jump away from him. unfortunately, there was no way for her to do that without causing a scene, but she was beginning to consider that it might be her only option to get out of this. so far, the senior— shi-woo, he'd introduced himself without either of them asking— had seemed to be interrogating soo-young over her, though her friend was rebuffing him in the same pointedly courteous voice she'd kept up all this time.

"you, why are you wearing sunglasses?" ye-won let out an audible gasp as he suddenly tapped her on the shoulder, her hand going to her mouth. ah, she wasn't expecting it to be her turn. as bad as it sounded, she was grateful that he'd been so focused on soo-young, if only that she knew it was bound to come up. she really didn't want to tell her cheap-ass story again. if ye-won couldn't even convince ji-hoon (not that he was gullible, or anything), she surely didn't stand a chance against him.

"n-no reason."
she peeped, doing her utmost to avoid meeting his eye. he wouldn't even be able to see it, but she didn't want him to even think she was looking in his direction. if she stayed perfectly still and pretended to be super disinterested, he'd go away. it probably wasn't in her best interest to be using rudimentary dinosaur logic on him, but it had worked on other boys.

"that's weird." ye-won cringed slightly, willing soo-young to catch her pained expression, though the sunglasses probably weren't helping her case. "take them off. i want to see your face." what? dude, no.

soo-young interjected before ye-won had even a chance to respond. "she doesn't need to—"

"i wasn't talking to you, dwaeji. i was talking to her." she heard her friend scoff indignantly from next to her and mutter something about hye-jin-unnie under her breath, but he'd effectively shut her up, judging by the way she excused herself to the bathroom. ye-won appreciated the attempt, at least, but she wasn't ready to deal with him alone. she stared at soo-young's figure as she turned into the hallway, willing her to turn around and catch her pained expression, though her sunglasses probably weren't helping her case. he nudged her once more with his forearm. "c'mon."

ye-won's gaze went up to the ceiling as her hand clenched into a nervous fist, her fingernails pressing into her palm.
"no, thanks. i'm fine."
despite her nerves, her voice came out surprisingly firm, though she was still very much trying to avoid meeting his eye. he tsked at her response, leaning closer with a smirk.
"oh, my."
ye-won said quietly, instinctively mirroring his action to try to put distance between them. instead, she found herself backed into his partial embrace, her mind going into crisis mode as she felt his forearm on the back on her neck.

his eyes studied her face for a moment, and ye-won opened her mouth and closed it, visibly stunned.
"excu—"

she didn't even get to finish her word before his hand had found the temples of her sunglasses, pulling them off swiftly. oh, no. ye-won was almost too familiar with the way his expression shifted the longer he held her gaze, and by the time she'd recovered from the shock to think to close her eyes, it was too late. she was hopeful, of course, that it hadn't worked, but when he followed with "so you are cute underneath the shades. what's your name?" it was clear he'd been subdued.

ye-won let out the softest exhale of distress, her eyes still squeezed shut as she felt him begin to toy with her collar. there was just no end to his creepiness, and she wasn't sure if she'd be able to untangle herself from his arms. he probably wouldn't let her, and with the way the other girls at the table were casting pitiful glances at her, ye-won doubted she'd be getting much help from them either. "hey, i'm talking to you. you're not gonna just ignore me, right?" he said, his tone significantly pushier this time, the complete lack of subtlety doing nothing to calm her nerves. did she have to? she'd rather do just about anything else, but it was starting to look like the only option she was being given. where had eui-joon been sitting? did he notice? was it selfish that she was hoping for it?

scratch eui-joon, anyone at this point would do.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

@djbydsea

mood
protective

outfit

interactions
shi-woo | ye-won

tags

He couldn't stop looking over. The words currently falling from Yun-Hee's lips went in from one ear, breezing through his distracted brain and right out the other. The senior seemed to be getting more and more aggressive; Eui-Joon couldn't hear him at all but it was painfully clear from his smug, rather greasy smile as well as reactions from the people around him. The closer the guy got, the more Ye-Won leaned away from him, so much that he briefly worried she'd fall off her seat.

"What do you think?" Yun-Hee suddenly questioned, clearly directed at him, snatching back his attention. Eui-Joon stared at her for a silent beat, lost on what exactly he was supposed to have an opinion about. The university events? They had been talking about a bunch of them but... he wasn't really sure which exact event they were currently on. The arts festival? That was the last topic he'd paid half a mind to. Did that even have anything to do with their faculty, though, other than playing audience?

"...Yes?" He replied, sounding more like he was questioning rather than answering. Slight irritation began to show on the girl's face that was thankfully muffled by the crescent-eyed smile forming on Eui-Joon's, accompanied by a sheepish "Sorry, sunbae". Yun-Hee pouted, still, but didn't seem as offended as she was about to be, even taking the initiative to refill his empty glass with the remaining soju. Her lips parted, forming the start of her next words which he was about 50% sure would be not to call her sunbae but by her name.

"Wow, he's really going for it," were the words that came instead, from Jin-Ah instead of Yun-Hee, disrupting whatever the latter was going to say. Eui-Joon felt like his attention had basically become a yo-yo at this point, with how it had to bounce all over the place, as he looked back once again to where Ye-Won sat. Bang Shi-Woo's hand had gone up to her sunglasses, his eyes almost predatory as he removed them. Ye-Won seemed to shrink into herself, with her eyes tightly shut, like a scared turtle trying to hide in its shell.

Eui-Joon tensed, feeling himself prepare to stand up. He was going to leave it alone. What could he do that wouldn't start a fight, after all? He didn't want to be the reason Ye-Won makes an enemy of an insufferable, grudge-holding senior. But this guy was making it really hard for him. Eui-Joon knew she felt anxious not having those glasses around, for whatever reason. Seeing Shi-Woo snatch it away was... The point was Ye-Won looked like she'd rather be anywhere but there at the moment and he really wanted to help her achieve that goal.

"I feel so bad for her, poor thing. Joon-ah, do you dare to go help her?" Jin-Ah suggested, sounding like an angel flown down from heaven as she provided him with the exact words he needed to get up and go as he wanted, either oblivious to or unconcerned by her best friend's displeasure at what she was saying. Before she could even properly finish her sentence, Eui-Joon had already grabbed the jacket hanging off the back of his seat.

"Yeah, I think I have to go," he blurted out as he stood up, picking up his phone & wallet before nodding at everyone now staring at him — which was, at this point, the whole table. The speed at which he slipped on his jacket while pivoting toward Ye-Won's table was probably the fastest he'd pulled off that action before. Was he looking way too willing to step into what was bound to be a messy situation? Probably. Well, whatever.

"Hey, Wonnie," he called out as he neared the history faculty's table, his tone kept forcefully light. His hand landed on Ye-Won's shoulder a split-second faster than the rest of his body arrived by her side, subtly pushing Shi-Woo's off. His other arm came to rest on the table, right between his friend & the guy too close to her, bending as he leaned down slightly to speak to her. "Didn't you say you had something on early tomorrow? Want to head back together?" He continued, trying his best to mask the fact that he was spouting complete bullshit.

Eui-Joon paid little mind to her reply, already knowing it'd be some form of affirmation, glancing over at Shi-Woo instead. The older man seemed to be caught off guard by his sudden appearance, and Eui-Joon used the opportunity to take the sunglasses hanging loosely from the senior's finger while levelling a polite smile at him. Without another word, determined to give the guy a chance to stop them from leaving, he also only nodded his greeting at the rest of the table before turning back to Ye-Won.

"Let's go," he told her, waiting for her to gather her senses and take the first step towards the exit, following closely after her as if to guard her from behind. As they got further away from the table, he finally fell into step with her, his arm naturally falling onto her shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked as they walked safely out of the restaurant, absently wiping her sunglasses before handing it back to her.

"What an asshole, that guy," he cursed on her behalf, pulling a disgusted face. He was suddenly regretting not going to get her away faster. He had the weird feeling that if he'd gone over before the guy had taken off her glasses, the situation wouldn't have escalated much. "You're okay, right?" He asked again, his tone turning much softer, "Sorry, I should have come earlier."

[media][/MEDIA]

codebytriples

Last edited:

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home

saevom

flower you

"hey, wonnie," the familiar voice accompanied by the hand on her shoulder made ye-won jump from surprise, though the relief that flooded her as soon as she recognised him almost made her want to crumple immediately into his arms. shi-woo's arm left her shoulder, presumably the work of eui-joon, and ye-won immediately scooted back, her chair scraping softly against the hardwood as she put some distance between them while he was distracted. her wide eyes met eui-joon's as he leaned over, supporting himself with an arm on the table as he spoke to her. "didn't you say you had something on early tomorrow? want to head back together?"

confusion flashed briefly across her features, her mouth opening into a small 'o' shape before she closed it quickly as she processed his words. ye-won was about to point out that their dorms were a good distance from each other until she caught the urgency in his eyes. he really was saving her.
"yeah, okay—"
eui-joon didn't reply, his attention shifting to shi-woo instead. ye-won watched quietly as he deftly picked her sunglasses back from the senior, unsure of how to react.

"let's go." ye-won hesitated, sneaking a small glance at shi-woo as she stood, though she immediately pulled her gaze to her bag when she realised his eyes were trained on her and eui-joon with a murderous expression. she gulped quietly, grabbing her bag and managing a slight bow to the rest of the people at the table who were watching her. she was avoiding their eyes, but she could make out a myriad of expressions: some annoyance, several with the same sympathetic look she'd noticed earlier, but all of them made her feel like she was the centre of some very bad attention. eui-joon provided her with some much-needed cover in the suffocatingly tense situation as she speed-walked to the entrance, her tightly wound frame easing up as soon as his arm fell comfortably over her shoulders as if it belonged there. a vast improvement from shi-woo's that had just felt like she'd been forced to carry the weight of the world.

ye-won felt like crying out in relief as soon as they crossed the threshold of the restaurant, her pace slowing to a stop as she let out a loud sigh. she was pretty sure they were out of earshot from the restaurant, and she glanced back uneasily at the bright lights of the bbq place, illuminating them in the otherwise dim alleyway. she met his eye again as he spoke, looking up at him, though she quickly caught herself and forced her gaze his hand, holding out her sunglasses. "are you okay? what an asshole, that guy." she laughed softly at his remark, if only because she agreed whole-heartedly. "you're okay, right? sorry, i should've come earlier."

his concern was adorable, though she felt bad that he'd somehow managed to worry him this much. she bumped him playfully with her shoulder, trying to lighten the mood.
"i'm fine, he didn't get to do anything to me yet. but ah, he was so scary. when soo-young left to the toilet i thought i would die right there."
ye-won paused, her cheeks blushing slightly.
"well, not die, but it was bad."

she took the sunglasses from him, slipping it back on before finally looking at him again, shooting him a small smile.
"you came just in time."
she assured, patting him gently,
"where'd you learn to be that cool, huh?"

the sound of the restaurant doors opening behind them startled her, and she swivelled, her eyes squinting to make out the figure shaded by the backlight and dimmed even further by her sunglasses. "so," her face darkened as an eerie chill travelled down her spine, and her stance shifted ever so slightly, angling herself behind eui-joon. "you do have a little boyfriend."

her reply was automatic.
"he's not."
oblivious to eui-joon's reaction, she added quietly,
"but it's none of your business."
her moment of bravery made her want to applaud herself, but whatever courage she'd summoned was quickly squashed as shi-woo took a step closer with a loud laugh, a slight wobble in his step. ye-won couldn't see the flush on his features if there was any, but it was clear he'd drunk more than his fill at this point. if she hadn't smelt the alcohol back then, she could certainly catch a whiff of it now.

"you're a funny one, aren't you?" he mocked, waving a wild finger terrifyingly close to her face, "you're not even that pretty! but don't worry, you're still enough to be my type." ye-won's lips curled into a grimace, hoping his hand wouldn't cross that last bit of distance to her cheek. it was no better when it started jabbing towards eui-joon. "and you, punk. you better learn to show some respect for your seniors. didn't like the way you looked at me." even as they stood off, ye-won found it just a little bit funny that shi-woo was closer in height to her than he was to the other guy. eui-joon looked more like a senior if anything, and she pursed her lips to stifle the small giggle that bubbled up. maybe she'd drank too much. to be finding a situation like this funny?

"we have somewhere to be—"
she interjected softly, hoping to calm the situation before it escalated any further. shi-woo's entire body language was very unnerving, even if he hadn't done anything yet, but he cut her off with a loud "shut it." ye-won froze, her shoulders tensed.

"heo ye-won, huh?" how'd he get her name in the end? had a senior told him? she shuddered. "i'll find you after, don't worry. but you shouldn't be going back with the likes of him. i'm a much better catch." it was accompanied with a wink that just looked plain creepy in the situation, and ye-won's eyes widened to the point that they looked like they might pop out of their sockets. she glanced away from him to roll her eyes discreetly, even if he wouldn't have caught it behind her sunglasses.

swallowing uneasily, she grabbed eui-joon's wrist and bowed gently to shi-woo.
"sunbaenim, it's late. i-i have something on tomorrow, so we'll be heading out first."

with that, she turned to leave, only for a hand to reach out and snatch her forearm, halting her in her steps. "c'mon," shi-woo said in a whine that almost sounded threatening, "y'know, it's actually pretty early, still. i'm sure you can stay for a while longer right?" ye-won stared down at his grip on her forearm, wondering if she was allowed to just shake it off and keep going, then back at the confident smile forming on his lips. he was so... resilient, and she imagined he'd be doing her best to find her for the rest of the week. the thought made her cringe inwardly, but she should focus on getting out of this situation first; the former was a bridge she'd cross when she got to it. ye-won forced a small smile as her mind racked to come up with the gentlest way to reject him and let her, for god's sake, go home and clean her socks.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

@djbydsea

mood
patience is going...going...and gone.

outfit

interactions
shi-woo | ye-won

tags

"I'm fine, he didn't get to do anything to me yet," Ye-Won assured, her shoulder bumping softly against his. Her tone was light, much to Eui-Joon's relief, though her following words were significantly less reassuring: "But, ah, he was so scary. When Soo-Young left to the toilet I thought I would die right there." A pause, and he looked over to catch a glance of her reddening cheeks; ironically, he was just regaining his original shade of pale from the cool midnight breeze.

"Well, not die, but it was bad." she amended quickly, perhaps not wanting to exaggerate. Eui-Joon, on the other hand, felt like she could afford to complain a bit more. Nobody could fault her even if she cursed the hell out of that senior of hers right now, after all. "You came just in time," the girl said instead as she met his gaze, her tone comforting — which was honestly just like her. Maybe that was part of why he liked her so much... not that he had ever been able to say for sure what kept drawing him to her.

"Where'd you learn to be that cool, huh?" Ye-Won tagged on, and if Eui-Joon wasn't sure that was a teasing sort of comment, his heart might have skipped a beat. Instead, he only scoffed at her words. "Hey," he began, voice full of joking indignance. I've always been this cool, he was going to say. Going to, except that a stumbling figure coming after them caught his attention from the corner of his vision, cutting off both his words and the rise of his mood.

"So," a grating voice spoke up, accompanied, of course, by Bang Shi-Woo's face that appeared from the shadows in the likeness of a sleazy movie villain, "you do have a little boyfriend." The re-appearance of the unfortunate obstacle he had just gotten rid of surprised Eui-Joon, so much so that he barely paid attention to Ye-Won's swift and firm denial of that assumption. He felt himself tense up as the older male approached his friend, getting menacingly close. "You're a funny one, aren't you?" the man growled, his fingers waving around in clearly drunken fashion. Eui-Joon pursed his lips, the frustration-inducing words spilling out of Shi-Woo pricking at his nerves.

"And you, punk. you better learn to show some respect for your seniors," the man rambled on, turning to Eui-Joon after he was done spouting nonsense at poor Ye-Won, "didn't like the way you looked at me." He stared down at the face crossing way too far into his personal space and struggled to maintain a polite, straight face. Was he supposed to apologize at this point? It would honestly hurt his pride to do that when the senior in question was such a... dickhead. but if it would get him & Ye-Won freedom, then maybe he should.

"We have somewhere to be," came Ye-Won's timely interjection, dragging Shi-Woo's glare right back to her. Her words fell, unfortunately, on deaf ears. Far from snapping out of it, Shi-Woo just told the girl to shut up, before going off on yet another dumb rant. I'm a much better catch, the drunkard flirted, and Eui-Joon fought off another scoff. Yeah, right. Says the raving maniac. He glanced over at Ye-Won just in time to catch her little eye-roll and an amused smile tugged at his lips, but it faded quickly when she reached out to grab his hand, reminding him of their dire situation.

"Sunbaenim, it's late. I-I have something on tomorrow, so we'll be heading out first," she excused, before turning around, bringing him along. Only, Eui-Joon doubted it'd be that easy to get away from the man. He was unfortunately proven right. They were quickly stopped in their tracks and, once again, Shi-Woo's irritating voice cut in between them, demanding Ye-Won stays. Subconsciously, his right hand rolled into a fist, tightening before opening up again with faint, fresh marks of nails pressing into skin.

He wanted to interfere. Really. But he felt like the only path to take from there would be a physically aggressive one, meaning one he wanted to avoid as far as possible. Not that he thought he would lose, considering the senior's structure compared to his. It was just that he was a peaceful guy and... well, he didn't want Ye-Won to gain even more negative attention by being associated with that kind of incident. Yu-Bin's words came back to hit him at that point. Ah, did considering that kind of thing in such a tense situation make him pathetic? Should he just hit him?

"Sunbae," he finally spoke up after a long second passed that proved Shi-Woo had no intention of letting go of his friend. Internally, he sighed. This guy was just leaving him no other choice, wasn't he? Quietly, he reached for the older man's hand attached to Ye-Won's and tugged at it, perhaps with a little more force than necessary, separating the two. With a single step, he cut in between the duo, leaving Ye-Won half-hidden behind him. "I think you're a little drunk," he continued, his tone coming out curt — he wanted to be polite, but his patience wasn't holding out as well as he wanted it to, "Maybe you should go back?"

It was almost comical, how quickly and drastically Shi-Woo's face twisted at his stepping in, going from surprised to flustered to angry in less than a second. "Fuck, who do you think you are?" The man spat, now-free hand coming up to push Eui-Joon. He might have been aiming for the shoulders but, in a drunken maneuveur, missed entirely, hitting thin air on Eui-Joon's right. Well... he'll admit he might have dodged a little, maybe on purpose. The missed shot, unfortunately, only served to rile up the older man even more.

"Bastard, I said to move," Shi-Woo growled, his volume rising. With both hands, the man pushed Eui-Joon again, this time putting his whole weight into it; clearly, he was seeing too much red now to be concerned about any involved party getting hurt, even himself. Luckily for everyone, Eui-Joon didn't fall, instead being forced to take a step back to keep his balance. Worried that he might have hit Ye-Won, he looked behind him to check on her for a brief moment. After making sure she was fine, he turned back...

"The fu-" were the next immediate words that left his mouth. He'd been punched. Right in the face. The string of logic in Eui-Joon's brain took about a whole three steps closer to snapping at that moment. Hands came to grasp the collars of his jacket and, instinctively, he grabbed Shi-Woo's wrists, pushing the man away with enough force to send him stumbling backward.

The man glared up at him with a look that said he was shocked Eui-Joon was fighting back, even though he'd clearly incited it, but the elder recovered unfortunately quickly as he lunged at him again. Faced with the rapidly approaching enemy, Eui-Joon tensed up, his hands forming fists. Outwardly, he looked ready for the fight. Internally, he was going through an incredulous monologue which mostly consisted of repetitions of: Is this seriously happening?

It was seriously happening. Song Eui-Joon was going to brawl with a senior before orientation even ended. What a legacy to kick off his college career.

[media][/MEDIA]

codebytriples

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home

saevom

flower you

ye-won wasn't keeping track of how many seconds had passed since shi-woo had grabbed her wrist. all she knew was that it felt long. it seemed every interaction with him felt much longer than it was supposed to, and she reckoned it must've had something to do with the sleazy yet menacing smile he enjoyed fixing her with. "sunbae," came eui-joon's calm voice from next to her, and her gaze followed his hand as it went to shi-woo's, pulling it slightly to finally release ye-won from the senior's disgusting grip. her arm shot back as soon as it was free, her other hand rubbing the spot where shi-woo had grabbed her, as if wiping off any germs he'd left on it. eui-joon stepped between her and the other guy, and she sent a silent thank-you to the gods for having gifted her with such an intimidatingly tall friend. he was the perfect size for a human shield, though she did feel bad that she was cowering behind him. "i think you're a little drunk. maybe you should go back?" ye-won couldn't remember the last time she'd heard eui-joon even a little upset. he was always playful around her, and she could only remember seeing his serious side on one other occasion... in high school? what had been the incident back then?

"fuck, who do you think you are?" the sudden growl of a swear word brought ye-won back to the situation at hand, and her eyes widened behind her shades. despite his body language was screaming aggression, she still flinched in shock when shi-woo got physical. eui-joon dodged it with almost infuriating ease, at least it must've been from the senior's perspective, causing shi-woo's open palms to whizz past him to swat at empty air. ye-won stifled a laugh, though any mirth quickly dissipated as the anger in shi-woo's voice rose even further. "bastard, i said to move." his next attempt landed square on eui-joon's shoulders, and his slight stumble backwards had ye-won putting both hands in front of her like she'd be able to catch him if he fell. he didn't lose his balance, thankfully, though ye-won's hands steadied him on the small of his back regardless. eui-joon turned away from shi-woo to shoot her a brief look of concern, though the only thing he would've caught was her mouth dropping open in a shriek that never made it past her throat. she'd spotted the senior's fist before her mind had registered it, and by the time the words
"watch out!"
had squeaked out, eui-joon had already taken the hit directly to his cheek.

ye-won's mind was now playing oh no on loop, chewing on her lip as she watched on with worry while her inner voice berated her to do something. but what could she do? she'd be a burden more than anything. eui-joon had just roughly pushed shi-woo off, assuming a fighting stance that in any other instance ye-won might've teased him about, but all it did was agitate her further. there had to be something she could do. shi-woo was practically radiating the aura of an angry bull about to charge again, and she felt her own panic set in even more. ye-won didn't want to escalate the situation any further, but she was seriously doubting the efficacy of diplomacy at this point and desperate times called for desperate measures.

her eyes darted around the dim surroundings for any sort of weapon, though her sunglasses were proving very burdensome. with a small sound of frustration, the accessory was shoved into her bag, marginally lightening her environment just enough for her to spot the glint of a trash bin cover. that should be the right amount of hurt that didn't cross into lethality. what a stroke of luck that the restaurant had chosen to use such cartoon-ish trash disposal methods.

she scrambled for the cover, swiftly grabbing it just as shi-woo began lunging, one hand latching onto the fabric of eui-joon's shirt while the other pulled back to wind up for a hook. the next sequence of events happened so quickly ye-won wasn't even completely sure of what she'd done, but with a loud, satisfying 'clang!', his grip on eui-joon loosened, and the man crumpled to the floor at the other's feet. she was breathing heavily, her figure still locked into the position she'd been in as the cover had made contact, though as soon as her senses had returned enough for her to notice that she'd landed her hit, her arms lowered slowly. ye-won stared up at eui-joon, then down at shi-woo's unconscious form. had she killed him? she was sure she hadn't hit it that hard. should she check?

the sound of the restaurant doors opening tore her attention away from the body, and she felt the colour drain from her face. witnesses. in a flash, her useful weapon had been discarded onto a pile of trash bags, and ye-won had caught hold of eui-joon, pulling his lankier frame along as she broke into a sprint. a glance over her shoulder as she fled from the alleyway revealed a guy she didn't recognise had emerged from the restaurant, their eyes meeting briefly as her own widened in surprise, though she quickly turned back as she led eui-joon around a corner. had he seen her face? was she a fugitive now? she hoped shi-woo wasn't dead. ye-won hadn't planned on starting college off with murder.

it wasn't long before the scenery changed from dimly lit concrete walls to the colourful flashes of closing stores and streetlights illuminating a familiar paved way, and ye-won finally allowed them to slow to a stop. any sort of adrenaline rush that had carried her through the winding alleys was now wearing off, and she was brutally reminded of why she'd always come in not far from last during running tests. with a hand over her heart as if it would comfort her poor lungs in any way, she forced a smile as she caught eui-joon's eye, though her mind was still struggling to turn off crisis mode.

"i—"
ye-won began, only for her gaze to wander down to where her hand was still tightly clasped around eui-joon's. she released it hastily, belatedly realising how hurtful that might seem and attempting to salvage it with a soft punch against his arm. it came out far more awkward than intended, and ye-won regretted it instantly, her hand falling back to rest stiffly against her side.
"sorry. i, um, i thought i saw someone and i didn't want us getting caught."
wow, she was really making them out to be criminals, huh? well, they may very well be, or at least she might be.
"he's... probably not dead, right? i mean, there's no way. haha."
she wondered aloud, catching herself with an embarrassed laugh. that'd be silly. he wasn't dead. totally.

there were more important things to worry about, though. ye-won's smile quickly faded into a fretful expression as she inspected eui-joon, her hand briefly reaching up to press lightly against his jaw as she turned him from cheek-to-cheek.
"did it hurt?"
stupid question; of course it hurt.
"sorry, i- does it still hurt now?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

@djbydsea

mood
patience is going...going...and gone.

outfit

interactions
shi-woo | ye-won

tags

As the senior grabbed his collar, Eui-Joon braced himself for what was about to be the craziest fight of his life thus far. Not the first, surprisingly, thankfully, which was why he managed to react quickly enough to use one hand to hold onto the one grasping his shirt while the other raised in an attempt to block the fist heading for him. The punch, however, never landed. Or rather, it did, just in the weakest, frailest possible way. Eui-Joon blinked.

His gaze travelled to Ye-Won, raising a trash bin cover in her hand as if she was about to throw it like a frisbee, belatedly registering the significance of the weird metallic sound he'd heard a second before. His eyes slowly went from her to the now-fallen senior in shock. His lips opened only to close again, lost on what he could even say about this, at this point. Only a vague thought arose in his head: I hope he won't sue for damages.

"You..." He opened, having barely regained the ability to form words, when she suddenly jerked and threw away her makeshift weapon. From the corner of his eyes, he caught sight of a figure walking out of the restaurant but had no time to check who it actually was as he found himself being dragged away by his friend.

Why are we running away? He wanted to question, suddenly feeling like a criminal as they darted down a maze of alleys, the restaurant and the bus stop they should have been heading to fading away in the horizon. Their speed wasn't all that fast, if he was being honest, and whoever it was could probably have caught up to them if they wanted to. But there was nobody. So, they could really afford to stop now. Catching sight of the determined look on Ye-Won's face, however, he kept his mouth shut.

When they finally came to a halt, it was in the middle of, as far as Eui-Joon could tell, nowhere. The single light from a convenience store across the street was the only real hint of life, accompanying the dim street lamps in illuminating the isolated playground they'd ended up at the entrance of. Ye-Won looked like she'd just escaped from a haunted house, he mused, with her hand pressed on her heart and slightly frizzled hair. Her breathing was loud enough to hear and he wondered, briefly, whether he would also be able to hear her heart beating if they both stayed quiet.

As if she'd heard his thoughts, she looked up at him with an embarrassed expression, her hand letting go of his as it came to punch his shoulder in a far more awkward action than normal. "Sorry. I, um, I thought I saw someone and I didn't want us getting caught," she explained. It implied that they'd done something wrong, which he would have argued against had she not just knocked someone out with a metal disk. Right. She had done that. He'd almost dismissed it amidst the frenzied circumstances. Ah, damn. At least if they'd stayed there, he could have attempted to explain the situation.

"He's... probably not dead, right? I mean, there's no way," Ye-Won questioned, sounding like she was talking to herself, before covering it up with a nervous laugh. Eui-Joon stared at her for a silent beat, before a long sigh left his lips. Perhaps it would be better if Bang Shi-Woo was dead. He definitely wasn't, though, considering the skinny nature of this silent sniper's arms. And that meant Ye-Won was going to have to deal with that guy's grudge for at least the next year. His friend clearly hadn't been considering this factor at all, judging from her reactions. Eui-Joon had been cautious during that previous exchange for no good reason.

He wanted to ask her why she'd done something like that instead of virtually anything else that would piss that guy off less the next morning. Demand whether she was crazy or if she had even been using her brain at all. But with the warmth of her hand suddenly invading his senses, Eui-Joon had to give up on that idea for a while. "Did it hurt?" She asked, a worried frown growing as she checked his face, presumably for bruises, "Sorry, I... Does it still hurt?"

It didn't really. There was a slight sting, but nothing too serious. If it was someone else asking, he'd have brushed it off or something. Faced with Ye-Won's concerned, wide-eyed gaze though, Eui-Joon instead faked an all-too-convincing flinch as her fingers touched the corner of his lips. "Yeah," he answered, frowning, "a lot. I think I'll need ice for it." He glanced at the convenience store as he said those last words, which weren't actually a lie. He didn't fancy showing up at classes with a bruise, after all.

He'd faked pain on impulse as a joke, wanting to see her reaction, but just as quickly felt guilty about it. She was already so concerned about this whole thing already, was he just making her feel worse? With a short laugh to ease the air between them, he took her hand off his face. As much as he wanted to keep it there, it had taken him forever to get rid of the pink on his face and he'd be humiliated if it got dyed red from just this. "I'll go find that from the store," he declared, pointing to the swings in the deserted playground as he continued with, "you can just wait there, okay?"

He barely took one step away from her before he remembered something and turned around again, his tone mirthful as he added, "Do you need water? Or an energy drink? Your breathing just now sounded like you do."

[media][/MEDIA]

codebytriples

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home

saevom

flower you

"yeah, a lot." if ye-won could look any more like a pitiful puppy, she managed, for her expression softened even more as she eyed him with great concern. "i think i'll need ice for it." the light of the convenience store was enveloping them in bright light, enough for ye-won to catch what looked like a rosy blush adorning his cheeks as he removed her hand. it fell to her side where it remained, half-clenched in worry. she hadn't much of a mind to read too much into his reaction and his laugh did nothing to calm her nerves. her gaze wandered to the convenience store they were stood outside, and something clicked.

ye-won opened her mouth to suggest it, only for eui-joon to have had the same idea except faster. "i'll go find that from the store, you can just wait there, okay?" her eyes followed his finger to the swingset smack in the middle of a desolate playground, which would've otherwise made for a very scary image if not for the gentle-looking elderly couple chatting just a stone's throw away. still, you had to admit it was eerily similar to those scenes from horror movies. ye-won shuddered at the thought of a deadly pale girl crawling up to her lonesome self and swallowing her whole.

"what if—"
she piped up quietly, ready to suggest she follow along, both because as the victim he should be resting and because she wasn't sure if she'd just be dragged to hell by vengeful ghosts there. she'd hesitated, though, and ye-won's words came out far quieter than she'd intended. eui-joon must've missed it completely, for he turned and set off towards the convenience store, and ye-won, with great reluctance, obediently headed for the swing sets as he'd instructed.

eui-joon's voice behind her made her turn back again curiously, her eyes widening slightly in hopes that he'd be asking her along. "do you need water? or an energy drink? your breathing just now sounded like you do." well, it wasn't what she was hoping for, but his little quip reassured her.

ye-won took a step forward, hitting his upper arm lightly in mock indignance at his teasing, though the small smile that was spreading across her lips betrayed her.
"aren't you funny, huh! i'm good, so just get stuff for yourself."
with that, she ushered him along with a light push towards the convenience store, resuming her original course as soon as she'd seen him walking away, careful not to make eye contact. the playground was a lot less ominous the closer she got to it, and it reminded her a lot of the old playground near her old house. granted, the layout was nothing alike, so really, the only similarity the two shared was the rust peeking out on the metal bars of the equipment, but it gave a sense of familiarity to the place. she dusted the seat of the swing carefully before sitting on it, stretching out her legs in front of her to avoid having them at an awkwardly bent angle. ye-won peered at her shoes for a brief moment, her mind blank, before kicking herself off from the pebbled ground of the playground, giving herself just enough speed to get into a slight but comfortable oscillation.

the atmosphere was strangely hushed, and she surmised that it must not be a busy part of town. that much was clear, at least, considering she'd only seen a few cars pass by and only one or two pedestrians. but even the animals were quiet, save for the distant chirp of crickets every few moments. it was serene, and ye-won allowed herself to close her eyes and let her brain catch its breath for the first time that night. it'd been such a long day, and she was utterly exhausted.

all she'd wanted, honest to god, had been a peaceful college life, but it seemed the fates had wanted to orientate her with an experience far more turbulent than anything she'd encountered in high school. was it foreshadowing of something terrible to come? she should really put on her sunglasses, but she really didn't feel like it. her face felt so much lighter without it there, even if they barely weighed anything. she'd just be careful around others— she'd already stared eui-joon in the eye far too many times in the past hour. speaking of, ye-won couldn't even imagine what would've happened if eui-joon hadn't been there earlier. if it hadn't been such a stroke of luck that their faculties had chosen the same restaurant, or if he'd simply never noticed her misery.

her eyes fluttered open at the flash of her best friend's smile in her mind, half-expecting him to just be peering up at her like he'd read her thoughts. to her dismay, there was nothing to greet her as she reacquainted herself with her surroundings (to her dismay?) and ye-won let out a quiet sigh, shutting her eyes once more. it was obvious he did a lot for her, considering the number of times people had questioned their relationship. how lucky it was for her to have him as a friend, and how incredibly selfish it was for her to keep him as such. always thoughtlessly meeting his eye and stringing him along. the countless girls he'd turned down, all unwitting to the fact that their rejections were her fault; not to mention the number of times she'd had to reject him because she knew if she was a little more careful, practised a little more restraint, he'd be done with her in a week. it was incredibly selfish, was it not?

and honestly, it wasn't like she'd done a lot to deserve any of this. ye-won thought herself a mediocre friend to him at best, a taker in this when she was otherwise almost always a giver. it was, from all perspectives, completely unfair to him. but was it all that bad that she wanted to be selfish?

"darn."
ye-won murmured aloud, her eyebrows knitted in frustration.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

@djbydsea

mood
as a fool for her as always

outfit

interactions
ye-won

tags

The chime of bells as he stepped into the small store had the figure dozing off at the counter snapping back to attention. Spoke volumes about how isolated this place was, he supposed. Feeling slightly embarrassed under her confounded stare, Eui-Joon directed an apologetic smile at the bleary-eyed lady, resolving to grab what he needed as quietly and quickly as he could so she could go back to her rest. He stepped into the cramped lines of shelves, making a beeline for the tiny frozen section at the end of his line of sight. Would there even be ice packs here? As he reassessed the size of this shop, he was beginning to doubt it.

As it would turn out, they didn't. However, they did have an assortment of ice cream, which was close enough. He grabbed a random one for the cut on his lips, before taking another, slower look at all the available flavours. Which one should he get Ye-Won? She'd said she didn't need anything, but she rather deserved one after all that craziness. He stood staring at the colourful bunch of products for a while, sorting through his memories for one that his friend was bound to enjoy. She wasn't all that picky about these things but... hm, chocolate? Eui-Joon pondered for a long second. No, maybe cookies n cream was the way to go.

Picking said packet up, he slid the doors of the fridge close and headed back out to the counter. The woman's gaze was much less alert they met eyes, though her stare lingered slightly on the corner of his lips where the bruise was slowly making itself more obvious as she rung up his purchase. Inside, Eui-Joon sighed. Thankfully, he lived in the dorms, now, or his mother would have thrown a fit. He glanced out the door for the technical root cause of his injury and found her daydreaming on the swings. The corner of his lips rose almost by habit when he saw her. What was she thinking about? Would be nice if it was him.

With a cheery thanks to the cashier and a mental scoff at his own cheesy thoughts, he left the store, pair of ice cream bars in hand. Ye-Won was oblivious to his approach, or so it seemed. "Darn," she muttered, for no apparent reason, clearly still lost in her own thoughts. Eui-Joon's smile gained a tinge of mirth as he reached where she sat. Nevermind, he thought to himself. If they weren't positive thoughts, he'd rather they weren't about him. He reached out for the metal chains holding the swings up with one hand, bringing its gentle movements to a slow halt.

"Darn what?" He questioned, handing over the sweet treat over to her as casually as if she'd asked for it, before squatting down. At this height, he had to look up at her slightly. The lights from the dim streetlamps hit her at an angle that somehow looked like a photoshoot. Or maybe that was just his eyes fooling themselves. It didn't matter. She looked pretty today.

An idea popped up in his head at the moment, and Eui-Joon raised his own bar of ice cream up to her line of sight, eyes glinting with a mischievous light. "Anyway, can you help me ice the bruise?" He questioned, tone gaining a hint of whining as he continued, "My hands are kind of tired."

[media][/MEDIA]

codebytriples

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home

saevom

flower you

ye-won's eyes fluttered open at the sound of his voice, her gaze drifting upward to his face, then down to the ice cream bar in his outstretched hand.
"nothing, i was just..."
her voice trailed off as she struggled to find a plausible excuse to finish her sentence, her eyebrows twitching slightly in her mild perturbation,
"thinking about an assignment. that i have to finish."
it hit her after the words had left her mouth that she hadn't yet been assigned any work since it was still orientation, but hopefully he wouldn't notice, because she hadn't a follow-up if he pointed it out. it wasn't like she could just say that the "what" he was asking about was him. it'd probably make him feel bad. and it was silly. and embarrassing.

"thanks. i'll pay you back."
she said quickly to pull his attention away, taking the frozen snack from him and studying the colourful wrapper in her hands. she hadn't expected to get one too, though her best friend had brought her favourite flavour. was it just luck, or had he known?

her fingers crept towards the jagged edges of the wrapper, pausing when she stole a peek at eui-joon, only to find him squatted in front of her, his gaze trained intently on her. she glanced down, meeting his eye fully with a curious look. it was hard not to feel a little self-conscious, honestly, and ye-won hoped the shadows of the night were enough to hide whatever faint flush must have appeared on her cheeks.

"anyway, can you help me ice my bruise?" she stared back at him, bewildered, swearing that she could see a sliver of roguery in his expression that contrasted the almost endearing whine in his voice as he continued. "my hands are kind of tired."

"ah, i—"
was the start of her protest, though it was a losing battle against his puppy-dog expression. a few moments of silence passed as ye-won simply looked at his face, dithering before she let out a sigh, taking the ice cream bar from him and setting her own into her lap. the weather was still a little cool, she was sure she'd have enough time to indulge in his little whim. he had taken the punch for her, after all. it was the least she could do.
"is it here?"
one hand cupped his chin gently as she moved his head, her eyes squinting slightly in the dim light to catch the slow spread of purple blooming across his face. oh, it looked bad. he must've been hit hard, or so she thought. ye-won wasn't familiar with injuries, nor did she have any experience getting punched.

"they didn't have ice packs?"
she asked softly as she pressed the ice cream bar against his face, applying a cautious amount of pressure. was she even getting the right spot? she hoped so.
"will it get worse tomorrow?"
ye-won went quiet before adding, her voice small but painfully clear in the otherwise peace of the evening,
"sorry, again."
well, her sorry probably wouldn't do anything to staunch the pain from where he'd taken a fist to the face, but it made her feel better about the helplessness of the situation. if she'd been able to stick up for herself from the beginning, perhaps they could've avoided the altercation altogether, but she'd spent the situation and the better part of her life at the mercy of her silly ability.

her face scrunched slightly at the thought of her mother telling her it was a blessing, a statement that had proved time and time again to be completely untrue in her case. and here she was, ruining her best friend's love life and his face. her mother always said it was all eui-joon had going for him.
"hey,"
ye-won began, the ice cream bar lifted off his face as she fixed him with wide eyes in her attempt at a serious expression,
"don't do that anymore, okay? like, don't fight. just run away."
leave me be next time. unsaid, squashed underneath the layers of her words. a little hypocritical coming from her, considering she'd been the one silently praying for help of any kind, but it wasn't right for him to be getting hurt for her. was she jinxing it?
"n-not that it'll happen again. but i'm just saying."

♡coded by uxie♡

@djbydsea

mood
please date me uwu

outfit

interactions
ye-won

tags

For a moment, it seemed as though she might refuse his request. Which wouldn't have been too shocking, since Ye-Won was quite the cautious sort. But then she reached out to take the frozen treat from his outstretched hand and Eui-Joon smiled despite the sting that action brought. The saner part of him warned him not to get too happy as her fingertips brushed against his cheek, but his heart fluttered all the same.

"Is it here?" Ye-Won asked, seemingly — probably, sadly, hopefully — unaware of what was going through his head. He couldn't really give a proper answer with the ice cream right at the corner of his mouth, so he hummed out an affirmative instead. "They didn't have ice packs?" She continued questioning, brows furrowed in either concentration or worry, or maybe both. Another close-lipped reply: Nope.

"Will it get worse tomorrow?" It probably would. Bruises tend to look their worse in the middle of healing, after all. He met her gaze, catching a glimpse of guilt, and chose to keep quiet, shrugging his shoulders lightly rather than answer her. Still, her voice sounded somewhat weak as she repeated her apology, as if she were the one who'd punched him.

"It's not your fault," he finally replied with words, careful not to end up biting the still-wrapped ice cream while talking. Unlike his words, his tone was light. He didn't want her to put that much weight onto the events of the night. He honestly found it pretty funny himself, in retrospect. He supposed he wouldn't if, or when, that senior ever came looking for him. But, well. Thoughts for another time.

"Hey," Ye-Won's tone and expression suddenly took a turn, going from soft to an attempt at tough as she raised the cold bar off his face. Her doe-eyed stare bore into him, likely intended to be intense. Eui-Joon just found it cute. "Don't do that anymore, okay? Like, don't fight. Just run away." She continued, seeming very serious about what she was saying, "N-not that it'll happen again. But I'm just saying." He stared at her for a silent second; was that concern? Or, a small, pessimistic part of him mused, telling him not to get involved in her business?

Before yet another second passed, however, he shoved those thoughts out of his head and laughed. Rolling his eyes, he rose from his squatting position. "Hey," He began, copying her tone, though his expression was a joking one, "Do you think I'm that lame?" Dusting himself off, he took a seat beside her on the remaining empty swing, his body perpendicular to the intended seating position so he could face her still.

"This," he gestured vaguely to his wound, "is nothing." He moved the cool metal chains holding up the swing out of his sight, pressing his cheek against it as he leaned forward. The laughter in his voice subsided a little as he added, "I can do at least that much for a friend."

Right, even if she was just a friend, he cared about her. She was a person and he liked her as one; sometimes, he wondered if she actually knew that. As a quiet moment settled between them, he found himself scrutinising her streetlamp-lit profile, like the answer to all the things he was curious about her could be found if he looked hard for it. But he knew that was ultimately a lost cause. If it was there, he'd have seen it by now, with how often his gaze strays to her. Staring at her pale figure against the silent, dark backdrop of the night, Eui-Joon had to admit once again: Heo Ye-Won was still frustratingly — hypnotically — mysterious to him.

"Wonnie," he called out, almost subconsciously wanting her attention on him. As he met her gaze, though, he realized he had nothing much to tell her. Flustered and resorting to instinct, he said the first words that came to mind, "Will you go out with me?"

[media][/MEDIA]

codebytriples

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

saevom

flower you

for a solid second, ye-won thought her words might have had an effect on him. that he'd understand where she was coming from, and as he rose to his feet she held on to that thought quite confidently.

"hey," was he copying her? "do you think i'm that lame?" ye-won paused, a frown spreading across her lips. she watched as he plopped himself comfortably on the adjacent swing. "this– is nothing. i can at least do that much for a friend." he leaned towards her, and ye-won instinctively retreated despite there being a good distance between them regardless. her gaze first met his, then nervously fled to his injury, studying it instead. it was most definitely not nothing, but somehow the words caught in her throat and never found its way out of her mouth.

"friend" stung in a way that it shouldn't have. a stab of guilt that drummed at her heart, a throb that she'd ignored in high school but was now clanging louder than ever. the inexplicable feeling that it was her fault he had gotten hurt, probbaly because it was true. her first error had been looking him in the eye, and her second had been allowing herself to lead him on. knowing that the only reason he stuck by her was because of a silly curse, and selfishly pretending like she deserved his company anyways.

eui-joon's voice cut through the silence once more. "wonnie," she glanced up, meeting his eye before realising that was one more mistake added to her list. his hesitation was brief but noticeable, and ye-won wondered off-handedly if he was about to tell her something important. "will you go out with me?"

it was something she'd heard countless times before, but she failed to hide the surprise that crossed her features. her expression loosened as she blinked at him, fading from confusion to something more akin to disappointment.
"i–"
ye-won stopped, glancing away as she struggled to place her next words. usually, she'd respond with a bashful laugh followed by a light-hearted rejection, because she knew he was joking. he never meant it seriously, and even if he meant it, it wasn't a display of his true feelings. definitely not.

"you can't. because you..."
don't want to? you only say you like me because you've been enchanted to? because you didn't take that punch for me out of your own volition? and a small, little voice wondered aloud if maybe the opposite would be true, but with eui-joon's track record, she was doubtful.

he'd rejected countless girls, most of which had something far better going on with them, and ye-won couldn't help but feel it was her fault. because it was, to be honest; she'd gotten too comfortable with having him around, and too anxious that he'd leave her in a split-second if he no longer felt the magic-induced butterflies in his stomach. it was a fear she hated to acknowledge but was ever-present and far too real.

ye-won returned her gaze to his face, though her eyes were trained on his wound once more. it was an effective deterrent to avoid activating her curse again.
"i can't go out with you."
she said, her voice soft but with finality,
"it wouldn't be right."
ye-won was aware of how cryptic her words sounded, but there was little else she could find it in herself to say.

she stood, nearly dropping eui-joon's forgotten ice-cream in the process. ye-won fumbled with it, then handed the not-so-iced treat back to him in a flustered gesture, her hands quickly retracting as soon as he took it from her.
"it's getting late."
the night was getting darker and there were even fewer people roaming the streets by now.
"my- my assignment..."
she added, chiding herself belatedly for using her obviously fraudulent excuse a second time.

ye-won offered him a nervous smile, hesitating as she considered asking if they would walk together. it would be a pointless question, surely, but maybe expecting him to walk her to the dorms after rejecting him may have been overstepping her bounds. even if it had happened a few times before, but they'd always managed to laugh it off.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

@djbydsea

mood
sigh

outfit

interactions
ye-won

tags

He wasn't sure what he had expected as a reply out of her. No, actually, he knew exactly what he expected: a laugh and a light-hearted rejection. Her same old response to his same old question. But even if it wasn't that, he hadn't wanted to see her face fall. Was it because of just now's fight? Did she feel bad because of the night's events? That definitely wasn't what he wanted, at all. As she looked away, Eui-Joon got ready to dismiss his confession as a joke himself in her stead.

"You can't," she began before he could, and though the words were the same, the meaning felt different in a way he couldn't quite place, "because you..." Her choices in words were somewhat inexplicable. Eui-Joon almost held his breath, waiting for her to complete the sentence. But she didn't.

"I can't?" He questioned, trying to get the long-awaited answer out of her. But instead, her gaze seemed to drift even further away. Despite himself, and the great amount of patience he usually had, he frowned.

"I can't go out with you, it wouldn't be right," she concluded, cryptic as ever. Eui-Joon went still and quiet, trying to understand. That was just the thing with Ye-Won. It wasn't "I don't like you" or "I don't want to" or even just a "no". He could have given up so much more easily that way, and long ago. But instead, she made it seem like, for whatever reason, they just couldn't. He didn't get it. It wasn't like they were Romeo and Juliet; their families got along just fine from their stint as neighbours. What was the wall between them, and just why was she the only one who could see it?

Whether it was his silence or her own words that got to her, Ye-Won seemed to feel the need to redirect their conversation. "It's getting late," she claimed, stumbling through her words like her hands did as she passed the melting ice cream bar back to him, "my- my assignment." He blinked, then glanced at his watch, the numbers only vaguely visible under the streetlight. It really was already midnight, so at least that part was a valid excuse to be heading back.

"Right, right," he agreed with her, his tone overly obliging, "your assignment, mhm. Can't be late for that. I get it." With that, he stood up, his gaze staring down the dark street before turning back to her. Putting a smile on his face for her to see, he tilted his head toward what he thought was the direction back toward the main road.

"Let's go, I'll walk you back," he continued, looking back away from her towards the desolate trash bin. As he walked towards it to discard the now rather pathetic packet of ice cream, Eui-Joon recalled his friend's genius use of surrounding materials to defeat that drunk senior and his smile grew infinitely more genuine. Returning with a couple short steps, he held out a hand to help her stan as he tagged on, "It's dark now, so it won't be safe if you go alone, right?"

[media][/MEDIA]

codebytriples

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

saevom

flower you

ye-won nodded a quiet agreement, relieved he hadn't pursued the topic further. the smile he shot her mirrored his others, though she could swear something about it was off. maybe she'd spent enough time around him to notice these little cues, but ye-won was more confident that his attempts at courtship were 80% jest. it must be, at this point, and she would very much like for that to be true if only for her own peace of mind.

selfish, ye-won scolded, watching as her friend discarded the unopened treat and glancing down at her own. it had created a small wet spot on her denim-clad thigh, having failed to survive the surprisingly warm night. it was only slightly less unsightly than the one eui-joon had just tossed into the bin, but ye-won didn't want to throw away his three dollars. maybe she'd refreeze it when she got home.

"it's dark now, so it won't be safe if you go alone, right?" he'd returned to the swingset faster than she'd expected, his hand outstretched in front of her. she nearly took it on instinct, hesitating for a split-second before she instead pushed herself off the seat of the swing.

ye-won offered him a soft smile, overtaking him with a few quick steps and turning back to face him.
"it won't be safe for you, so i'll walk you home."
she tilted her head in what she thought should be playfulness, her mind racing after having curved him. she couldn't quite make out his expression anymore. was he sad? surprised?

deciding it'd be better for her not to know, she turned towards the dimly lit streets, her smile growing faint as soon as it was out of his sight. it was a necessary first step, regardless of how either of them felt; and that was a fact, not a half-hearted attempt at reassuring herself. most certainly not!

as he caught up to her easily, ye-won studied his face, trying to recall her first impression of him. he was noticeably handsome, even in the dim lighting, and as he shot her a curious smile at her stares, she felt her heart flutter ever so slightly at what must have been guilt. with his face and his demeanour, ye-won was confident he was the popular type. like mijin from year 2, or that pretty senior from earlier. he'd probably be able to finally get a girlfriend, right?

"so it's okay,"
she concluded in an indistinct mumble, for me to hurt his feelings a little. it was the foundation for the line she would eventually draw, for both of their sakes. and they could always stay friends, right? ye-won would just have to be more careful around him, which was already on her to-do list.

she cast him another glance, then steeled herself. yeah, it was the least she could do, if she wanted to call herself his friend.

♡coded by uxie♡

hello tutorial (ft. seulgi)

zion.t

11:30

song eui-joon

are we still meeting for lunch?

heart eyes

chapter 2

crush & criminal

♡coded by uxie♡

@jinjin

oooo where're you at? is it near campus? looks familiar somehow ㅋㅋ

mood

👁️ 👄 👁️

outside yewon's class

outfit

tags

yewon ( Uxie Uxie )

Blue.D - Nobody

He was here a little earlier than he thought he would be. He'd separated from his friends early when the name of the building that Ye-Won had texted him rang completely unfamiliar, expecting to have to scour the campus quite a while to locate his destination. But alas, Eui-Joon turned out to be better with directions than he thought he would — a happy realization any other time, for sure, but now he was bored and alone while waiting for her classes to end.

It was nearing lunch time and, as groups of students waltzed past him, one after the other, he couldn't help but feel a little conscious of the slight bruising left on the corner of his lips. He doubted it was too visible, but, still. Eui-Joon had been at least a good student for most of his life, if not a model one. He hadn't yet the ability to be so nonchalant about fighting with a senior or showing up to school with traces of his crime. Though, technically, it was Ye-Won who should be worried about that instead. She was the one who knocked the guy out, after all.

Eui-Joon turned towards the corridor, scanning for a familiar face as more people streamed out. Would she be wearing her sunglasses today? He could never figure out what her criteria was for a day worthy of accessorizing — it clearly wasn't the weather, because he'd seen her wear them on days as sunny and all-around peachy as it was right now and in the middle of a thunderstorm. He would have asked her at some point if he thought that she would answer truthfully but, considering her track record, he didn't. It would just have to remain one of life's mysteries, he supposed.

It seemed like these were a group of seniors, with not a Ye-Won to be seen. As he expected, he - wait. Yikes. There really was a familiar face. Just not one he wanted to see. What was that guy's name again? He couldn't remember, but it also wasn't too important. What mattered was whether or not the senior remembered him. Probably not, right? He was drunk out of his mind that night, after all, as far as Eui-Joon could tell. And even if he could recognize him, in the few moments that his friends spent walking past this spot, he probably wouldn't notice. Right?

Wrong. As the group suddenly came to a halt not far away from where he stood, his hope seemed to be for naught. What should we eat? He heard one of them ask, presumably the reason why they'd stopped. He glanced over at them on instinct, and found himself locking gazes with another pair of dark eyes. Ugh. He'd really been having the worst luck these days. He looked away in a hopefully casual manner, pretending not to have recognized who he saw. Surely, this was just going to be a brief, unpleasant meeting. There was no way the guy was as belligerent while sober as he was drunk. Right?

Wrong again. The light buzz of the bunch turned into a slightly more confused one as footsteps akin to stomping approached him. He tried to convince himself that it wasn't what he thought it was, but the growing figure in the corner of his vision made that difficult. Maybe he should just stop thinking, since the only purpose it seemed to serve was to jinx him. It had to be some kind of power for everything to happen exactly the way Eui-Joon thought it wouldn't.

"Hey!" A voice growled, rendering an otherwise friendly syllable void of any pleasantry, and he heaved a mental sigh. Adjusting his bag, he shifted so he could face the intruder of his private space properly. And intrude the man did, with a spiteful expression and an accusing finger pointed straight at Eui-Joon's face.

"You're that punk, aren't you?" The senior asked, though it seemed pretty clear that he'd made up his mind already. The finger moved down to poke at his chest, with not quite enough force to actually do anything but way too much to be just a, well, poke.

"The one who kno-" The man's beady eyes flitted to his friends, then back again, his features twisting even more hatefully as he switched his words, "who hit me that day!" His face was getting a little too close, and Eui-Joon was starting to suspect that he might just start grabbing collars again.

His first reaction, though, was surprisingly relief. So the guy didn't know how he actually ended up passed out on the street last night. Good — for Ye-Won, at least. The second feeling was helplessness. Because, how does one reply to a conversation like this? He was just a little reluctant to apologize, when the fault was clearly not his. People had started to stare by this point. His lips pressed into a thin line, and his grip on the strap of the bag tightened.

codebytriples

Last edited:

ye-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

minsu

islet

"so you're ditching me to go on a date–"

"it's not a date,"
came ye-won's quick correction.

"yeah, a not-date with your not-boyfriend who still offers to buy you coffee every morning." soo-young shook her head in resignation, leaning back in her seat as she let out a sigh. "now i have to eat lunch alone."

she finally glanced up as the last of her files slotted its way neatly into her bag, giving soo-young a small smile.
"you could always eat with ji-hoon."
the other girl made a face of mock disgust in response, eliciting a muted laugh from ye-won.

the two parted ways not long after, soo-young headed towards the cafeteria while ye-won searched for her friend in the vicinity of the neighbouring building. she knew her classes ran a little longer than his, but she wouldn't put it past him to get lost, considering this was a part of campus he'd barely been to.

it was with some difficulty that ye-won finally spotted him, surrounded by a group of people she couldn't quite make out from the distance. his friends, maybe? it became clear as she neared that the situation was the opposite of friendly, with a familiar face that she wished she didn't recognise. her steps slowed in apprehension, though they quickly resumed their pace when shi-woo began invading eui-joon's personal space.

maybe out of guilt, but she'd liked to think that she just wasn't fond of the idea of her best friend getting hit a second time.

she grabbed eui-joon's arm as she reached his side, tugging him gently away from the senior.
"eui-joon,"
she mumbled in a low voice,
"remember what i'd said about not fighting and just running away?"

her presence would not go unnoticed, however, by the menace just a few feet away. "oh? ye-won?" the sound of her name on his lips made her look up in shock. how had he– "it's a good thing i tried to get your name. knew you'd be cuter in the daytime." there wasn't even an attempt to hide the horror that crossed her face. the fact that he'd gone to such lengths aside, his voice had softened; a gentle, slimy shadow of the loudness he'd treated eui-joon with.

she recoiled in a mixture of disgust and fear, shifting to hide behind eui-joon in a scene reminiscent of their first encounter with him. shi-woo's creepy, predatory words proved a wake-up call, rudely reminding ye-won of how utterly useless she was in this situation. there were no bins here and not to mention far too many eyes–

why was she thinking like a criminal?

her moral crisis was cut short as shi-woo began speaking again, his voice laced with a patronising sweetness despite the clear threat. "but why don't you step aside? i have a score to settle with your very disrespectful friend here." a crowd had formed by now and ye-won wished silently he might avoid a fight in front of this many people, her hopes quickly dashed as he closed the marginal gap she'd created between them, a growl in his throat.

"so, you fucking punk–"

"hyung!" a decidedly unfamiliar voice rang through the air, accompanied by a tall figure ye-won didn't quite recognise that moved swiftly to shi-woo's side. "don't bully the juniors." his tone was gentle but firm, his arm swooping around shi-woo's shoulder in a friendly move that helpfully forced him away from eui-joon.

the senior made an attempt to shrug him off, but his friend? acquaintance? remained steadfast, his arm resiliently tucked around shi-woo. "hey, do-young. don't interfere— this bastard fucking knocked me out when i was just trying to make a friend."

"he knocked you out?" the stranger— do-young's?— gaze drifted to the juniors, lingering on ye-won as she looked back curiously. why did he look familiar? he gave them a reassuring smile as he dropped his voice low, his words clearly meant for shi-woo but audible to her in their closeness. "hyung, if you're talking about the last day of orientation, you tripped and knocked your head on a trash bin. you weren't knocked out."

an obvious lie, considering the true culprit and the scapegoat were stood in front of him, but ye-won wasn't about to interject as much as she was curious as to his intentions. "what? no, i'm sure it was him."

do-young's voice rose back to its original volume. "they saw it too. i told them that i'd deal with it, and i carried you back to the dorm, remember, hyung?" you could almost see the gears click in shi-woo's head, his cheeks turning pink as a snarling pitbull was reduced to a stunned chihuahua in a matter of moments. "just forgive him even if he hit you, hyung. you know yun-hee prefers mature guys."

his last words seemed to appease the beady-eyed senior entirely, shi-woo's expression betraying an odd mixture of pride and embarrassment as he turned to leave, fixing eui-joon with one last glare. "hey, be glad i'm letting you off this time. learn to respect your seniors, yeah?" not unlike a cartoon villain, but ye-won wasn't about to complain about him deciding not to pick another fight. she watched him and his group of friends stalk away, do-young included, though the latter turned to hold her gaze for a brief, curious moment before returning his attention to the others. ye-won wondered, her mind finally able to think now that the alarm bells had stopped sounding, whether he was already meeting shi-woo or he'd just sacrificed his lunch plans to commit to saving two juniors he'd never met before today.

or had they met? she still wasn't completely sure.

ye-won glanced at eui-joon, finally releasing his arm, having held it throughout that entire ordeal both for his protection and her own sanity.
"just stay lame, eui-joon. i don't want so much excitement in my university life."

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back