• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Hawksong alternative plot-seeking long term partner

Risky Vetis

Hello there~

My name is Risky and I am looking for a semi-literate person to indulge me with one of my fantasies I have had for many years now. I myself roleplay mostly fantasy as characters that can change shape, the ability to change forms and gain new/different skills/strengths depending on the situation makes for a very interesting encounter. I am looking for someone who shares my love for shapeshifters and is willing to play the ‘avian’ role in this particular roleplay. This will be a male x male pairing, and I expect quite a bit of violence and perhaps some mature content as well depending on you, of course.

I am looking for someone who would be willing to start an alternative plot to the Hawksong book series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. I fell in love with this series in high school and always wanted to play out my own fantasy about a change of plot. Anyone who has read the series knows that the main conflict of the story is a thousand year war that has raged between avian shapeshifters - humans that can turn into sparrows, hawks, crows, and ravens - and the serpiente - humans that can turn into vipers, cobras, mambas, boas and pythons. No one knows how the war really started.  The avians claim that the first cobra, Kiesha, stabbed the first hawk, Alasdair, in the back. The serpents claim that Alasdair had her people slaughter all seven of the first serpents. The war started and has been going strong for thousands of years.

The roleplay I have in mind focuses on the two heirs to the different thrones, unlike the story where they are desperate  have peace where they take each other as mates in order to join their people. I have a different plot twist in mind, one that involves the complete destruction of the serpiente palace and near annihilation of the serpent race. Leaving a single cobra, the heir of the Cobriana line completely alone as he is taken prisoner as a war trophy by the winning side. This plot require that my roleplay partner play the other party, avian although I will let them decide their bird form. I will be playing a cobra, of course. But I don’t intend to copy/steal any traits from the original characters of Hawksong. I am only using the book’s plot and settings. Let me know if you are interested in a pm and we can talk more about the details. I am really excited to get this started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back