Other Have you ever had a supernatural encounter? (Creepy Storytime)

Kirwinning

Shadow Moses ♕
<p>

I love all things creepy and was wondering if anyone had any creepy stories of their own to share?

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
At my current house we are haunted. It's not an old house it's like 20 years old and the last person to live in the house died and the person before. The haunting isn't that bad we see shadowy figures of and old man and a dog. Lights will turn on, my dog will bark at nothing, doors will suddenly close. Other than thank not that spooky.

My family was on vacation in California. We stayed on the Queen Mary, which is a Titanic era ship that has been turned into a hotel. Many people have died on the ship and it's extremely haunted. I really didn't think much of it, I just thought the whole thing was really cool. When I went to sleep that night, I had a super vivid dream.

It was as if my eyes were open while I was laying in bed and I was staring at the room around me. The walls were covered in blood and there were various people standing around the room just looking at me. Absolutely terrifying. No clue if it was supernatural or if it has another explanation but it was terrifying.

I used to live in an apartment complex. I would hear footsteps and what seemed to be wailing noises. But it was just peaceful for some reason. The apartment had a sort of serene feel to it. I didn't know why honestly, I thought it was weird. I kept smelling gas coming from the stove but every time i checked everything was perfect. I figured out that a woman had committed suicide there on the day of her wedding.

Well, yes. I was walking down a road at night, when a car suddenly appeared and stopped right in front of me. Confused, I walked up to the driver side, but didn't see anyone inside. Suspicious, I opened the door.

And then a skeleton popped out.

When I was little my parents thought I had an imaginary friend. I used to sit in the living room and and stare at the upper right corner, laughing. When asked what I was giggling at I'd say it was the funny clown man.
When we moved house when I was 8, he wasn't particularly happy about it. I would see him out in the garden or outside our patio window, watching me. Doors would randomly open in the house, toys with dead batteries would start up again. It was weird. This only stopped a few years ago - I'm 23 now. Safe to say I'm scared of clowns.

OH MY GOD.
SO I WENT TO A FRIENDS HOUSE AND WE MADE THIS WEIRD PENTAGRAM SHIT BECAUSE IM CATHOLIC AND I LIKE SYMBOLS AND SHIT.
AND SO I FOUND THIS AUTHENTIC LATIN SHIT ON A WEBSITE AND I WAS LIKE "THIS WONT WORK ITS FROM THE INTERNET." SO I DID THE SUMMONING RITUAL WITH MY OWN BLOOD AND STUFF AND FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS THERE WAS SOME WEIRD SHIT GOING ON
- A RANDOM DOOR SLAMMED IN MY FACE AND NO WINDOWS WERE OPEN AND I GOT A BLOODY NOSE
- THE SHOWER IN THE BATHROOM TURNED OFF AND THE SHOWER MAT WAS GONE
- JAMISON (MY FRIENDS LITTLE BROTHER) STARTED WHISPERING "DZUMA" WHICH IS POLISH AND WE DIDNT TEACH HIM.
SO THEN I WENT STRAIGHT TO EXORCISM BECAUSE I KNEW THE CHANT BY HEART AND I GOT HOLY WATER FROM MY CATHOLIC CHURCH.
AND EVERYTHING STOPPED.
and jamison
did not know
what dzuma was
afterwards
Dnsifnsicnisnfie

edit: dont get me wrong, it didnt try to like.... kill us... maybe it was idk. but im just smarter than movie characters XD

One day, it was pretty late and i was hearing weird noise. I was on my computer doing some sort of weird s... Activities.

And, the noises got clooser as my door slowly opened. It was my grandma. I'm still scared from that day and i now turn off each of my light once midnight has passed.

I love reading these. I had a drawer that kept opening at random intervals, but that's the extent of my own experience.

See I'm that kinda person that needs to see to believe so the fact that I don't believe in ghosts just makes me wish I could have some kinda crazy paranormal thing happen just so i can actually believe because that's wild af.

The closest thing I had happen to me was I distinctly remember going and grabbing some milk out of the fridge and hearing a breathy man-voice whisper "Hi" into my ear. My reaction was pretty fantastic. I didn't flip out I literally just calmly closed the fridge door and, out loud, recited "nope, nope, nope, nope" and speed walked my ass back to the living room, sans milk. I always think that if something like that happened to me in real life I would flip the hell out, so the fact I was relatively calm as a reaction was shocking.

It was so surreal because it was so bright and sunny that day and a bunch of people were in the living room talking and stuff. Like I was completely comfortable, not spooked at all when I was getting the milk.

I feel like spooky ghost stuff happens most when people are already on edge and their brain is trying its hardest to interpret something out of nothing. The fact that I was completely chill when I heard the voice is kinda strange to me.

Do I think it was a ghost? Nah, prolly just me overreacting to some noise.

I don't have memory of this because I was very young, but both of my parents, my sister, and my grandmother. have told me this story. Not saying I believe it either - not entirely convinced about the supernatural being real.

But.

The house I grew up in was supposedly haunted. Apparently when I was young (3-4 yrs old) I would tell my mom about my friend who was a little blonde girl. They just thought you know, little kid, imaginary friend. But then they started to see a little blonde girl around the house. She never tried to like, hurt anyone or even really interact with us. I guess one night, everyone was in the dining room and they could hear something up at the top of the steps. My mom looked (the dining table was against the staircase) and she was up there just standing there. Her, my sister, and gram all tried to communicate with her, trying to coax her downstairs, telling her they didn't want to hurt her and everything was okay, that sort of thing. My sister tried to go up the stairs towards her and the girl's eyes burned red and she disappeared. They didn't see her after that.

Also, I tried to never think anything of it. But I would always hear my name being called when my dad was asleep downstairs or when I was home alone. Brought it up to my sister one night and she mentioned that when she used to sleep in the bedroom that was currently mine, she would hear her name too. Said it sounded exactly like our Pappy Paul, who I never met.

Aaaaand not sure if this counts but. The day after I got the news that my dad passed, I had a dream where I was running away from something. I don't know what and the environment was just bright light. As I was running I could hear someone calling for me. When I finally turned to see who was there, I felt warm and heard a male voice yell out 'I love you' and I snapped awake crying because I felt like it was my dad. I don't believe in Go, the afterlife, none of that. So it was a very weird feelings for me. I woke up feeling as though my dad was saying goodbye and warm. It gave me, I don't know, not closure. Comfort, I suppose. Because I hadn't spoken to him in a few days (despite promising to call him back after class - I was away at college) and my dad died alone.

I think I might scare ghosts and ghouls away because nothing has ever happened to me. Can't even make friends with dead people. xD

I don't think this is a scary story but I guess it's an interesting one? Every night when I was little, as I was falling asleep, I'd hear a woman's voice start singing to me. I remember I'd try my best to make out the words of her song but they seemed to be in a foreign language? It stopped when I started getting older but I'm always grateful to whoever sang me lullabies until I fell asleep.

It's not really scary, but I do occasionally have very distinct and detailed... I guess visions? Like, I remember very distinctly that I told someone not to drive past the tanning salon in our city a few years ago. It was just an odd feeling and a sort of blurry idea, but then there was an actual car crash. More commonly though, I just had mundane situations play out exactly like stuff I dreamed about. I do remember clearly that I had dreamt I was at a friends place, while her mom came in the room with a set of items, and I layed on my back, on the ground. And like, it happened exactly that way, with the exact same words spoken, the exact same lighting and stuff. Apparently my grandmother had those sorta things as well. I don't really think it's any sort of supernatural or paranormal occurrence, but it was quite interesting.

too many to count but, I will share the story of my doll aka my child. My mom bought me this voodoo type doll that was supposed to bring wealth and luck to your house. Well i kind of saw it as a tourist trap knockoff so my occult/pagan self dismissed the doll and set it in my living room on a shelf that just so happened to be right next to a nightlight. so i ignore the doll and go on with my life until the nightlight in my bathroom went out. So i go get the one out of the living room because reasons. So mind you it is nighttime and super dark in my apartment. So i turn on the lights, grab the nightlight from the living room and turned off the lights. I started feeling rather uneasy, to be frank it felt like something was hovering over me. I brush it off as just being tired and heads towards my room after putting the nightlight in my bathroom. I barely take a step into my room when i felt an intense burning sensation and horrid pain on my pack. I even yelped because it hurt so much. I run to my bathroom and pull up my shirt to look at my back in the mirror. It was RED and there was scratch marks all over my back. I panicked trying to think of what was causing this when i realized something. i took the nightlight out of the living, more specifically the only object i had in there at the time was the voodoo doll. I grab the nightlight from bathroom and throw all the lights on, the burning and pain started to get less intense. I put the nightlight back by the doll, pain burning almost completely gone. i turn off the lights and go to bed trying to not let what just happened get to me. I woke the next morning to my back being completely free of any redness or scratches and $5 dollar bill on the shelf where the doll resided. I learned the hard way the doll is actually cursed, it has a child like spirit attached to it that turns demonic when scared, and its only scared by being in the dark. I cannot get rid of it because i have the nagging feeling it will retaliate against me for abandoning it.

Eh, I don't want to say my experiences were supernatural so much as unexplained, because I don't really believe in ghosts, but I guess I lived in a "haunted" house.

Things turned on by themselves - lights, sinks, showers, televisions. I'm talking while you were standing in the room. You got the feeling that someone was watching you from the top of the stairs and from the master bedroom window. It felt like something was following you as you went up or down the stairs. Everyone who used the stairs felt this way - not just me.

We sometimes saw shapes - dark orbs shooting across rooms and shadowy, humanoid figures running across the hallway and foyer. My sister and her friend on two separate occasions heard loud voices when they were in the house alone (friend was pet-sitting)

Nobody wanted to go near the attic, or the closet with an attic access door. It just felt really...wrong. Almost threatening. The attic was over my room, and I heard scratching noises coming from it sometimes, and my cats would stare at that corner (though that might just have been birds or squirrels that somehow got in the attic). Most of the stuff that happened actually happened near the attic. My dad claimed he accidentally caught the picture of a small boy in the closet mirror, but he lost it and I never saw it, so I'm not sure on that one.

The worst was that there was a really oppressive feeling in the house, too, that just kind of sapped all your energy and made you miserable. I've never felt that same way anywhere else. It wasn't even an old house (like two years old when we moved in).

Not-so-fun-fact: a few people were murdered by a Satanic cult in another house a couple blocks away from our house, I think in the 80s. Not really related, but kind of an interesting coincidence.

I have a couple, the first is when my first dog died when I was 15, I kept hearing her long nails walk on the floor in the hallway for a good few weeks. I'm pretty sure her ghost walked down the halls, but then again, maybe I imagined it.
Another one is when my grandfather died last year, I kept having reoccurring dreams where he gave me advice on life, like don't marry someone you don't love, and taking care of myself. I still have these dreams every once in a while, and whenever I wake up, I kind of feel his presence in the room. My grandma has more experiences with my grandfather's spirit though since she claimed that he spanked her shortly after she got home to throw my grandpa's funeral.

It's not really scary, but I do occasionally have very distinct and detailed... I guess visions? Like, I remember very distinctly that I told someone not to drive past the tanning salon in our city a few years ago. It was just an odd feeling and a sort of blurry idea, but then there was an actual car crash. More commonly though, I just had mundane situations play out exactly like stuff I dreamed about. I do remember clearly that I had dreamt I was at a friends place, while her mom came in the room with a set of items, and I layed on my back, on the ground. And like, it happened exactly that way, with the exact same words spoken, the exact same lighting and stuff. Apparently my grandmother had those sorta things as well. I don't really think it's any sort of supernatural or paranormal occurrence, but it was quite interesting.
I literally have the exact same thing, it feels weird when something you saw in a vision "happens", especially if it's something mundane like eating at a restaurant. I feel like it's been happening to me more lately, but it's cool that I'm not the only one that does this.

This one isn't so creepy as it is just suspicious. It was late at night and we saw a bunch of orange lights in the sky. We watched them for a bit as they did a bunch of weird things, like move back and forth and divide into three. After a short time a bunch of military aircraft flew over and the lights disappeared. Weirdest part is that apparently a bunch of people in the area saw them, and a the soldiers from the local military base said they were flares. But I have seen flares before, I know flares when I see them. Those weren't flares.

I-am-not-saying_2016_09_01_19_34_00.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back