Chitchat Have you ever gotten too into your RP character, that your personality changed for a short while?

When I play, I usually do it kind of like I'm acting anyway! At first, I have to think about it and decide what they would do and how they would react, but as they develop they start to end up with a life of their own and I'm just rolling along with it.

I think because of how i try to get into character when I write, they always end up with a little more of me than i originally intended to put in, but its a great release. My boyfriend likes to discuss his characters with me, too, and we'll banter about how it is theyd handle a situation. Or we'll see someone make an exchange on tv or in a comic and go "lol that's ____". It's really easy to develop and get your writing to feel more in depth when you do that, so i dont think theres anything wrong with it.

Maybe sometimes its just the parts of you that you put into your character being brought to the surface since theyre being emphasised and freshened up by the character

When I was 16 I wanted to challenge myself so I decided to try rping a succubus - I'm was shy and timid but once I got into rping her my demeanor changed.

I was confident and sassy, I felt better in my body - dare I use this word but sexier. I was hanging out with friends one day and normally I hide when people complement me but that day I was seeking attention - people complemented me and I just smiled coyly.

some characters have good attributes some bad - this does happen to me a lot

Last time I got too into a character I actually cried when his best friend died. It was an attack on titan roleplay, my character was an orphan. Him and his best friend were stealing from the military, so they were sent to work at the boot camp. Well she died on the way to the camp, and he just broke down, and I could not stop crying about it.

I am all of my Rp characters in some way or another. But! Yes, sometimes I get way too lost in thought and start exuding the character I am thinking about. Fortunately its never a character that is too out there?

In highschool I wore a british accent for way too long, much to the chagrin of my family and co-workers. That was the worst case of Fictional Personality Smudging.

Ive since figured out that kind of thing is STUPID....but operating in the mindset of your character can be really interesting. Right now I have a character who is THE PERSON I WANT TO BE. Super helpful.

This happens to me fairly frequently!
I will get so involved with developing their personality that I begin to act like them in a way for a little bit

Yes I do! I often make my characters resemble me in real life even in little ways. Little tid bits, or, how would I react in this situation? And with those little itty bitty personalizations make it extremely easy to do that method acting, without really knowing it. Same with my writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back