Have The Sims Games Gotten Worse?

I've been playing Sims since the first generation, and while there were many things I loved about Sims 2, Sims 3 will probably remain my favorite. I get that Sims 4 was built to be easier on people's machines, but the lack of customization really bothers me and I feel like I'm playing a console game rather than a PC game. I bought the base game and a couple expansions during the Black Friday sale last year, and while I messed around with it for a few days, I haven't felt any tremendous urge to return to it because it felt like it was lacking a lot. I'd like to feel more interested in it, but it's just not there. Some of the newer features are pretty nice, though.

I think that they are all good games. They try to cater to the constant change of gaming, which in certain titles have leaned toward games appearance over the actual playability of the game. Sim's is trying to offer the best look possible with-in a limited amount of space, which is of course understandable. The expansions are probably just a solution to that limited space option. However, in future installments I would hope the need to have millions of different expansion packs won't be necessary. Also I would love to see them give you more of a chance to individualize each character. Sim's is a life simulation, and I would love to see a closer portrayal to how life is.

Sims 4 is releasing Vampires tomorrow, it doesn't look that bad honestly. 

Does anyone remember Sims Castaway? That is one of my favorite games. As far as the number series, I enjoyed all of them. Sims 2 was probably my favorite, but Sims 3 had so much stuff to do. I don't really like DLC for Sims, they're expensive and if I need DLC to make a whole game then I'm not going to get it. While Sims 4 is beautiful, it gets boring very quickly. 

But Sims Castaway is still my favorite. I need to play it again. 

Personally the first sims will always be my favorite. I have 4 and its like many others way too easy to just put in a cheat code and have all the money you ever wanted but that is beside the point. You don't have as much to do anymore as you did in previous games and for that I miss that more. Also I miss seeing people die and then their ghosts stay to haunt you for life D:  and babies burning by oven setting on fire. XD

I think the price and the 'it was done three times before already!' have both led me to outgrow my Sims obsession. I wish there was a better reason for me to not like the Sims 4, but it's mostly just... it's all been done before in The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. So much so that any new tidbit added in is not worth the high price and has gotten stale in my eyes.

I've never been able to dislike an entire series of The Sims. I've played through all of them, and there's something I love about each of them.

They are following the generic EA game logic:

DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC

EXACTLY. I think this is part of the reason that I enjoyed this version of the SIMS less than other. There's just so much dlc. Granted there were expansion packs before hand but now it just seems like they have a dlc for everything now.

While the game does look better and I love how detailed the customizations are now I just found it far less engaging than I have before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back