• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Haunted City 1×1

Keksi

Cookie Queen :)
Usually road trips would mean boring rides of burying oneself into solitude and headphones, or, if lucky enough, sitting behind the wheel for 10 hours, navigating through traffic on the gray concrete plain, wishing that a flight had been booked instead.

Add a few years, move away, and not taking that annual manditory family trip will lighten the thought of travel. There are no brothers to evilly grin as they jostle and poke when sleep is trying be obtained, as well as no sisters trying to convince the other siblings to be a canvas for their makeup attempts of the newest trend.

With her best friend beside her, who was currently at the wheel, Alina felt relaxed as they drove down the open road. It was the beginning of fall; leaves began to paint themselves vibrant reds and yellows. She and Kyle could talk all day, yet still have more to discuss. He was one of her first friends when she moved to the States, and after all of that time, still one of her closest. Without a doubt, she loved him, and time spent with him. Also, since she spoke an extra language, she liked sprinkling German words into her sentence, because it gave her the chance to teach him something new and listen to his voice as he attempted to speak her native language.

Kyle was used to driving, in fact he loved it. The cool wind on his face, windows down, music up, well normally. This time he decided to keep it quiet in case one of them wanted to talk about.. anything. The great thing about the two of them, was even in a dead quiet car, it didn't feel weird or uncomfortable, quite the opposite actually, he was comfortable being with her, otherwise he probably wouldn't have agreed to going on a long road trip just the two of them.

Kyle decided to strike up a conversation, as just watching the mostly empty road wasn't much fun. "So, be honest, how siked are you that you have me all to yourself? I mean scale of 1-10." He jested. "I mean you're great too and all, but you know.." Kyle smiled at his friend, cheekily before he return his gaze to the road.

Alina chuckled, then reached over and gently ruffled his hair. "You dork! I think this week will be very fun, but with you being here," a large grin spread across her face as she paused, "this trip is already better than I expected." She grabbed her cup of tea that she had purchased at the last Starbucks they had come across, and took a sip of the warming drink. "I can't remember the last time I went to Canada," she mumbled, watching the beauty around pass but reappear with each turn and bend. And then, of course, there was the friendly male beside her who was too adorable to not occasionally glance at...

"What about you? Are you excited to have me to yourself, Kyle?" She stuck her tongue out, her tone half-mocking his question. Internally, Alina was relieved that the drive would only be a couple of hours long, and the traffic would lessen as they moved away from Seattle.

"First off, it's sir dork to you." Kyle spoke up, in a humorous manner, 'fixing' his hair, "And of course, I love having my sidekick with me."
He winked,then stuck his tongue out at her in retribution.
Alina and him hadn't been alone together in quite some time, usually it was them and friends, or them at school, usually the two didn't soly share in each other's company. A more sincere smile occurred on the boy's face after that thought.

"What are you most excited about?" He spoke mostly to continue the conversation, but he was also genuinely a bit curious. They had talked a bunch about taking this trip, seeing the sights, and such, but not really her main motivation for going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back