Chitchat Has anyone been written up for a stupid reason?

I have never been but I have noticed schools trying to become increasingly controlling of student behaviour and quick to punish or "write up". A lot of it boils down to the increased level of criticism from parents on the educational system (some criticism is very justified too), which is simultaneously paired with a traditional lack of support at home for the educational process.

You have a very bitter environment where students aren't succeeding because teachers aren't succeeding, sometimes due to the teacher, and other times due to the student or parent. It's unsurprising they can be quick to anger and/or punishment with this considered, and especially when you consider the lack of support from the home environment is completely beyond their control.

In third grade, my teacher loved to publicly humiliate me. I usually cried myself to sleep that year. sadly my parents believe teachers never lie, and they are always right. So it was a really fun year.
I didn't know my months, because I was moved a lot, 6 schools in three years and it was always "you'll learn this next year, You should have learned this last year" kind of deal. My teacher made me stand in front of the class to try and name my months in order, I could not. especially with major speech problems back then. I was written up, a week of detentions, with my entire class making fun of me. I was also sent to the 1st grade class with a note saying I needed to learn my months and to not come back til I did. the 1st grade teacher felt bad and took me to the principal, who had a short talk with both teachers before sending me back to class in which one of the student who sat behind me dumped a container of jelly on my head. I was put in detention for another week for disrupting the class. for another kid dumping jelly on me. the kid didn't get in any trouble.
Same teacher, different day, we sang a lot. out loud. I had major speech problems. I couldn't use R's W's worth anything. I was given a detention for disrupting the singing.
Long story short, that year is still the worst in my memory with plenty more scary stories to tell of.
On to middle school. I frequently got detentions for reading.. >.> during class. Yeah yeah, I understood. I was even moved to the front seat and tried to read under my desk.. obviously I was caught. LOL not all book worms are smart. xD
High school, I got a detention because I told the gym teacher one of her cheerleaders legit poured piss in my locker. She told me I was small enough to fit in my locker so I must have done it myself... makes sense right? My next class i got a detention for wearing my stinky Gym clothes, I told him it was either Gym clothes or clothes covered in piss from the cheerleaders. another detention added on. I ended up running and crying to one of my favorite teachers at lunch, and he volunteered to take detention sessions and went to buy me a set of clothes before the break ended.
Yeup.. thats about it.. 3rd grade was hell and then so was sophomore and junior year because a certain guy had a crush on me and the cheerleaders didnt like it.
and all through this my family was like, "teachers wouldn't let something like that happen! they wouldn't do such a thing! it must be you!" fun times... fun times..
xD

I have never been but I have noticed schools trying to become increasingly controlling of student behaviour and quick to punish or "write up". A lot of it boils down to the increased level of criticism from parents on the educational system (some criticism is very justified too), which is simultaneously paired with a traditional lack of support at home for the educational process.

You have a very bitter environment where students aren't succeeding because teachers aren't succeeding, sometimes due to the teacher, and other times due to the student or parent. It's unsurprising they can be quick to anger and/or punishment with this considered, and especially when you consider the lack of support from the home environment is completely beyond their control.

I've often thought about that. The thing I forgot to mention in my first post was that ALL of that BS happened to me during junior high. The students in my town in Junior high were the absolute worst, the culture at my school was terrible. For as much as I despise junior high school; would not go back there if you gave me all the money in the world, I almost can't blame the teachers and staff for treating me the way they did. If it was their job to deal with the constant BS most of the students gave them, I wouldn't blame them for being a little irrate. I can't completely forgive them them, since I was always a quiet student who just wanted to do their work and be done with it, and I felt like was punished more harshly than most of the actually misbehaved students.

In high school there was only one kid who always harassed me. I eventually got so fed up with him that I grabbed him by the shirt collar and told him to "f**k off" or I would beat him up. The kid never bothered me again, and apparently he reported and tried to get me to be the one in trouble but the assistant principal knew he harassed me and told him he had it coming so didn't press any punishment on my end.

Also in high school, I accidentally brought my friends airsoft laser scope and two clips of BBs to school once in the side pocket of my backpack, but I turned it in at the office and explained to the secretary that me and my friend had gone out in the woods behind his house over the weekend and that I forgot it was in there. I didn't even get a detention for that, just a call home to tell my parents I had done the right thing, when our school's weapon policy said that you could have the cops called on you for bringing any sort of weapon to school.

So I suppose theres the silver lining everyone is looking for. Junior high sucked, but I guess I can't complain about how discipline at my high school was handled.

That and my high school wrote up the kids that actually misbehaved... like all the time.

So this happened a few weeks ago.

I got my third tardy so I got a day of after school detention. Whatever its fine idc so I get out early because I am a senior. Went to the bank to drop off a check then went back to go to detention. Got there before the first wave of buses left so I ran down the hall to make it in time. 3:45 is when this bitch is supposed to shut the door but usually she doesn't until 4. This time she decided to do her job so right when I turned down her hall she shut and locked the door.

Fuck.

Talked with the front desk lady and another faculty member and they both were ready to vouch for me since I was there before the first bus wave left. That meant that I got there before 3:45 but I had to talk it over with my assistant principle.

Shit.

Assistant principle is the biggest asshole that was ever hatched on this Earth. He shoots me down without hearing me or any other faculty member and gives me two days of ASD. Whatever I ain't that assertive so I just went with it. Wasn't my first time getting it anyways so its chill. The next day I decide to wear my running shoes. My running shoes are closer to socks then shoes but they are closed toed and have a sole which means they are within dress code. Assistant principle doesn't like that though or at least doesn't like me. Calls me in and says they are water shoes. No proof or anything he just says they are and tells me to go get some shoes out of my car. I am being pushed to my limits but I go and get my flip flops. Girls wear sandals all the time and people wear jandals all the time too. I have worn my flip flops dozens of times and even talked with the principle about them and he says they are chill. Assistant principle still doesn't like me so he says no. Then he makes a mistake.

Turning it into a character attack he says that I have a pompous attitude and that I think I am above the rules. For wearing flip flops. Fucking FLOPS. He asks what happened between this year and last year since he never had issues with me. I am at my fucking breaking point so I pop off, "I didn't have flip flops last year." I literally saw his face redden with anger. He blows up on me about respect and all that other gay shit. Calls his office aid which unknown to him was one of my friends and tells me to walk to the front office and call my mother to bring me some shoes and to go sit in ISS until my mother brings me my shoes. I walk down and call my mother but I tell her to check me out for the day.

My mother had trouble in school so she understands assholes and on top of that I am not that assertive but my sister really isn't and for some reason the assistant principle had a problem with her too. Because of this my mother really knows that the assistant principle is a super asshole. She understands that so she checks me out and agrees with me that the character attack was completely uncalled for considering it was FLIP FLOPS.

I had planned on not going to school the next few days anyways but this really made me wanna stay home. On top of that I crashed my car the next day which sucked but on the bright side he either forgot about my days of ASD or finally realized he was a shithead. Either way I never went to ASD and he hasn't talked to me since which is super rad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back