Chitchat Has anyone been written up for a stupid reason?

horsefan824

Off in my own world
I was wondering if anyone was written up for a stupid reason. I was written up in middle School for refusing to run in gym class but the reason I refused to run was because I was having an asthma attack so the gym teacher wrote me up for refusing to run then to make things worse the school nurse then refused to give me my inhaler Eve though I was having a asthma attack and needed it

We all have some dumb reason we were written up in school. I personally have several to be fair so I could give a few out. But by far the funniest one was how I was tired of a fatass gym coach of ours yelling and bitching out people for not being able to handle the workout we were doing. This lard tub of a guy is sitting down, eating donuts, and yelling at us to do this and that. Some kids as you know, were not as fit as others and couldn't handle it, so this guy starts yelling at them to stop being weak and push through. Seeing that just irritated me so I stopped my workout, and as soon as he yelled at me I challenged him to do the stuff he was making us do. For the fit kids like me and few others it was easy, but so many kids in class were not. Instead of getting off his ass to actually try doing what we were doing, he tried ordering me to do 2x what we were doing. I stood there and told him it'd be easy and that seemed to just make him more mad. So I said word for word "Well big guy, you wanna come down here and try for yourself? I mean if you can yell at the others for not doing it, I assume that means you're yelling at them since you can do it and show them yeah?" Aaaaand bam, instant in school suspension, 2 days. But what I find funny, is before this guy became our coach, another guy got fired because kids were complaining that he was being too hard on us. Of course it was only the fat, unhealthy, or lazy piece of shit kids that complained.

I have never been, but my little cousin's school called up her mother to complain that my cousin hadn't worn socks to school that day. Mind you, this isn't a Catholic or other type of private school, there are no uniforms. They just thought it was "inappropriate for the climate."

They also suspended her for what sounded to me like aggressively tickling a boy. (My cousin says she was just tickling him. The school says she was digging her fingers into his neck.)

I got written up for drawing nudity even though it was actually just a barely started character.

Never got written up, but I have done something that I’m a little not proud of. I had to give a presentation in a class that I wasn’t prepared for, so instead of accepting my fate my crazy ass decided to chug ten cups of ice cold water and give myself an asthma attack during lunch so I could go to the nurse and get out of it. That’s probably the worst thing I’ve ever done.

I have never been, but my little cousin's school called up her mother to complain that my cousin hadn't worn socks to school that day. Mind you, this isn't a Catholic or other type of private school, there are no uniforms. They just thought it was "inappropriate for the climate."

They also suspended her for what sounded to me like aggressively tickling a boy. (My cousin says she was just tickling him. The school says she was digging her fingers into his neck.)
My mom got an e-mail from a teacher for a similar reason as your cousin. Of course, he was wearing shorts and a tee shirt in 30 degree weather.

My mom got an e-mail from a teacher for a similar reason as your cousin. Of course, he was wearing shorts and a tee shirt in 30 degree weather.
Hahah, that's ridiculous! Both the email and the attire :P Why'd he do that? Wasn't he cold?

Hahah, that's ridiculous! Both the email and the attire :P Why'd he do that? Wasn't he cold?
I don't know why. He just never seems to be cold. Most of the time it takes convincing to put long pants on. I don't think the teacher thought my mom was neglecting us or anything. I went that school and knew the teacher who sent the e-mail pretty well. She had seen me dress appropriate for the weather.

I got a detention for arm wrestling in class my freshmen year in high school. We weren't even told to stop either as he just saw us and wrote us up. Something tells me he wasn't having a very good day as it was just a few days later that he was gone and we were forced to have a substitute teacher for the rest of the semester.

In my third year of high school, I was once sent with a letter home to my parents to say that a friend and myself had been disrupting class and needed to learn to grow up. In actual fact, we had just been informed 5 minutes before the class started that our best friend's dad had just been killed in a motorcycle accident. Naturally we were upset and my friend began to cry, which obviously set me off. Our teacher took great offence to the "disruption", regardless of the fact that we were trying to make as little noise as possible before I quietly raised my hand to ask if we could step out for a moment... Thankfully, my dad saw the letter and tore it up, he even made sure to have words with this teacher the following week at a parents evening.

I was written up in my pre-calculus class for back-talking the teacher.
Thing is, I only back-talked because he gave me an F on a test that I aced. It never said I had to show my work, and so I did most of it in my head.
I thought the lesson was easy, but apparently others had shown a ton of work. So of course I was expected of cheating.

There was also a time I had to repeat 6th grade just because they thought I wasn't mature enough to go to the high school part of the school.

I got written up because my friend sat on my lap. This wasn't during class, and school hadn't even started. They didn't have a seat where we were waiting for the first bell to ring so they sat on my lap and I got written up for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also got written up for having a chain on my hip because it was "noisy" despite having at least ten students in the classroom with key-chains and bracelets louder than that single chain. This also wasn't a school that had strict dress code regulations. .....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then there's the time I got written up at work for "sleep standing" when I had just gotten to the time-out station, was two seconds early, and decided to lean against the wall so the lady who got there with me could go first. Very first write up, but ended up losing my job over it. Even though it was obviously just a bullshit excuse used to ask me to resign so my boss could hire her niece, it's still stupid.

Last edited:
I got a week's detention because the English sub was on her last nerve, she had barely had us for two minutes that day. She hates how challenging we were because our class are top set who always receive high grades and have opinions of their own. She said if anybody started talking over her, she would hand out detentions.

My friend's bag was next to me and she was on the table in front of me, she thought that we were allowed to sit anywhere but the teacher moved people around and she got placed in front of me, she asked for her bag back because she didn't want it on the floor, she had food in it for lunch. I did a public service because no-shit-body should disrespect food like that and I was the first name she wrote down! For moving a bag two centimetres before me! I tried explaining it to her but she was threatening to call my parents and I literally sat there and told her to do it.

My parents aren't necessarily strict but they care alot about my education, even the minor tests that don't count towards anything, a phonecall home for something this stupid wouldn't have affected them. And she lied to the fucking principal and said I talked over her, I was trying to make the class laugh and throughout the whole lesson I was being disruptive! Good thing is that teachers soon saw how she couldn't teach at all, or handle her classes even though she kept on bragging about how she taught so many schools worldwide and had twenty years experience. Like, you only teach something when you can't do a career in that subject. She got fired. Thank God.

I got a week's detention because the English sub was on her last nerve, she had barely had us for two minutes that day. She hates how challenging we were because our class are top set who always receive high grades and have opinions of their own. She said if anybody started talking over her, she would hand out detentions.

My friend's bag was next to me and she was on the table in front of me, she thought that we were allowed to sit anywhere but the teacher moved people around and she got placed in front of me, she asked for her bag back because she didn't want it on the floor, she had food in it for lunch. I did a public service because no-shit-body should disrespect food like that and I was the first name she wrote down! For moving a bag two centimetres before me! I tried explaining it to her but she was threatening to call my parents and I literally sat there and told her to do it.

My parents aren't necessarily strict but they care alot about my education, even the minor tests that don't count towards anything, a phonecall home for something this stupid wouldn't have affected them. And she lied to the fucking principal and said I talked over her, I was trying to make the class laugh and throughout the whole lesson I was being disruptive! Good thing is that teachers soon saw how she couldn't teach at all, or handle her classes even though she kept on bragging about how she taught so many schools worldwide and had twenty years experience. Like, you only teach something when you can't do a career in that subject. She got fired. Thank God.
That's insane! Did you have to serve the week's detention or did she get fired before you could?

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful yep, the situaion happened a month after my detention.

I seem to have gotten the stories mixed up. I actually had an IT teacher who was the head of the faculty, you could tell that he didn't enjoy teaching and just set us some online work instead of helping us understand it. I felt sorry for him really, coming into a classroom everyday and teaching something that he wanted to have an actual career in. First he got a suspension because one of the kids snitched on him for being too laid back. But then after multiple complaints he got fired, but now he has his dream job. He works with IT as well I guess, he's a director of small movies.

My English sub actually left the school because of us! And before she went she wanted to leave things on good terms so she told the whole class to spend the lesson writing a letter to her about what we like about her and what we've learnt while she was teaching us. A lot of us wrote 'nothing except how Americans say mom instead of mum and that she has her own record label.' she got upset and went BALLISTIC. She gathered the teachers up, who were confused when they were called to our classroom and she started calling us all liars and very difficult to work with.

I can't even describe that drama with any words but one of the English teachers there (who I had the year after this situation, thank God) literally said to her face, "I'm no lawyer, but I'm going to try and see if a school can push for a restraining order."

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful yep, the situaion happened a month after my detention.

I seem to have gotten the stories mixed up. I actually had an IT teacher who was the head of the faculty, you could tell that he didn't enjoy teaching and just set us some online work instead of helping us understand it. I felt sorry for him really, coming into a classroom everyday and teaching something that he wanted to have an actual career in. First he got a suspension because one of the kids snitched on him for being too laid back. But then after multiple complaints he got fired, but now he has his dream job. He works with IT as well I guess, he's a director of small movies.

My English sub actually left the school because of us! And before she went she wanted to leave things on good terms so she told the whole class to spend the lesson writing a letter to her about what we like about her and what we've learnt while she was teaching us. A lot of us wrote 'nothing except how Americans say mom instead of mum and that she has her own record label.' she got upset and went BALLISTIC. She gathered the teachers up, who were confused when they were called to our classroom and she started calling us all liars and very difficult to work with.

I can't even describe that drama with any words but one of the English teachers there (who I had the year after this situation, thank God) literally said to her face, "I'm no lawyer, but I'm going to try and see if a school can push for a restraining order."
That English sub sounds insane. What sub would have any class write a letter about what they like about them? Most teachers I've had who wanted us to write letters to them, wanted us to say what we learned in the class or how the teacher could improve.

I was almost written up all because the sub got so close to me while I was working on my project on the computer (It's a computer class so nothing suspicious there) then I asked him in a calm voice if he needed something. He then got so angry and told me I was so disrespectful.

Then another time, I was absent from class because I was sick while my English class had a sub. Apparently, the class wasn't behaving, but I got in trouble even though I wasn't there.

-I got written up when I screamed in the hall because a kid slammed my locker on my fingers.
-I got written up for asking to go to the bathroom because I was feeling ill, then got double detention when I threw up on my desk.
-I got suspended when I called a kid a 'jerk' for throwing a gym shoe at the back of my head.
-I got humiliated in front of the class for asking to go to the bathroom by a substitute teacher.
-I got written up by a math teacher for not finishing a problem in the 30 seconds before class was over, then got publicly humiliated by that same teacher several times in the coming weeks.
-I (my parents really) had to pay for a $80 textbook because another kid ripped it up in full view of a teacher.
-I got written up for grabbing a kids collar and telling him to 'f**k off' after three instances of harassment all of which I reported to the office with no repercussions given to that kid.
-I got written up for telling a teacher that a kid starting a rumor about me and describing what he looked like but not being able to give his name.
-I got kicked out of the competitive science club because my group member was texting and I didn't tell the teacher.
-I got publicly humiliated by a teacher for accidentally burping while a student was presenting.
-I got written up for politely correcting a teacher when she had an incorrect fact, (but the assistant principal dropped that one.)
-I got a call to my parents when a kid pushed me off a lab stool; the teacher said I was involved in 'horseplay'.
-(This one was weird) Someone spilled a bunch of dried rice in the bathroom. I went to the bathroom during class and walked in to see the rice, confused. i went to the toilet and when I came out there were three angry janitors who said I vandalized the bathroom. Later I explained myself and got my punishment 'reduced' to a detention.
-I got written up when I went to the back door of the school, saw a teacher and knocked for her to let me in. She opened the door, allowed me in, then told me "I'm not allowed to let you in through this door" and wrote me up.
-I got publicly humiliated by the principal of the school during an assembly, who singled me out while giving a speech about students who 'caused trouble'.
-I asked a kid how to solve a type math problem during lunch and showed them my homework. The assistant principal saw me and walked me to a teacher and humiliated me in front of her and her class saying I was cheating.
-I got written up for having a drawing I made of Darth Vader in the cover of one of my binders, which my teacher said was 'inappropriate for school' and 'promoted violence', and she punctuated her point by tearing up my drawing in front of the whole class and throwing it away.

-I got written up when I screamed in the hall because a kid slammed my locker on my fingers.
-I got written up for asking to go to the bathroom because I was feeling ill, then got double detention when I threw up on my desk.
-I got suspended when I called a kid a 'jerk' for throwing a gym shoe at the back of my head.
-I got humiliated in front of the class for asking to go to the bathroom by a substitute teacher.
-I got written up by a math teacher for not finishing a problem in the 30 seconds before class was over, then got publicly humiliated by that same teacher several times in the coming weeks.
-I (my parents really) had to pay for a $80 textbook because another kid ripped it up in full view of a teacher.
-I got written up for grabbing a kids collar and telling him to 'f**k off' after three instances of harassment all of which I reported to the office with no repercussions given to that kid.
-I got written up for telling a teacher that a kid starting a rumor about me and describing what he looked like but not being able to give his name.
-I got kicked out of the competitive science club because my group member was texting and I didn't tell the teacher.
-I got publicly humiliated by a teacher for accidentally burping while a student was presenting.
-I got written up for politely correcting a teacher when she had an incorrect fact, (but the assistant principal dropped that one.)
-I got a call to my parents when a kid pushed me off a lab stool; the teacher said I was involved in 'horseplay'.
-(This one was weird) Someone spilled a bunch of dried rice in the bathroom. I went to the bathroom during class and walked in to see the rice, confused. i went to the toilet and when I came out there were three angry janitors who said I vandalized the bathroom. Later I explained myself and got my punishment 'reduced' to a detention.
-I got written up when I went to the back door of the school, saw a teacher and knocked for her to let me in. She opened the door, allowed me in, then told me "I'm not allowed to let you in through this door" and wrote me up.
-I got publicly humiliated by the principal of the school during an assembly, who singled me out while giving a speech about students who 'caused trouble'.
-I asked a kid how to solve a type math problem during lunch and showed them my homework. The assistant principal saw me and walked me to a teacher and humiliated me in front of her and her class saying I was cheating.
-I got written up for having a drawing I made of Darth Vader in the cover of one of my binders, which my teacher said was 'inappropriate for school' and 'promoted violence', and she punctuated her point by tearing up my drawing in front of the whole class and throwing it away.

I read all of these then read the quote in your signature and I actually teared up a bit. I’m so sorry that you had to deal with all of this bs. Stay strong my dude, and keep smiling.

That English sub sounds insane. What sub would have any class write a letter about what they like about them? Most teachers I've had who wanted us to write letters to them, wanted us to say what we learned in the class or how the teacher could improve.
To say the least, she was a bit of a weirdo. She never really taught us and we learned absolutely nothing in that year. This was in year eight when I was thirteen, we had two English teachers, one would have us most of the time but once every week we went to the other teacher. She was on maternity leave so we got put up with this sub.

I'm not even trying to be a brat and be those types that claim we never learnt anything even though the teacher tried their best, but really. All she did was promote her record label, talk about her travels and mention that she once worked in a suicide helpline and helped many. The last one I was actually interested in seeing as it's a good service, but she only mentioned that once and from then on it was: "I once met someone in Canada who wrote weirdly."
"I once taught a school in Sudan, I think I'm still on the school website." and "This was actually a song I produced with one of my good friends."

I once got written up for being in a class. First off, I’m quite shy and antisocial so I tend to not talk very much unless spoken to. so we had a sub teacher in for a day because our usual teacher was away watching over an exam and all the girls, apart from me, began chatting during the lesson and blatantly not paying attention. The sub teacher didn’t say anything until the end of the class in which she just straight-up picked up all the girls’ daybooks in our classroom (including mine) and wrote in them. It upset me quite a bit but I’m really.. Not a very strong-willed person so I didn’t say anything.

Then there was the time I wrote a 3 page speech then got a bad comment for adding a single line at the end of it because I forgot to write “thanks for listening” and thought I should probably add that in. That too was quite upsetting..

Wearing sweats (out of dresscode) on the day it iced over in Texas. We had black ice. Our school dresscode didn't allow for any winter attire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back