• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Harvey's Camp For Troubled Boys (MxM Romance, Angst, SoL, Drama)

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
Hello, all! Thank you for stopping by my Interest Check! Before we go into the specifics, I want to make sure this roleplay is right for you (:

RP EXPECTATIONS
1. This is obvious, but be respectful to everyone and PLEASE follow RPN rules
2. I will not be taking complete control of this roleplay. I want EVERYONE to participate in plotting and such. This does not mean I won't be guiding our RP - I will still be GM - but it does mean I expect you to help.
3. This roleplay will be somewhat detailed, but I'm not going to require three paragraphs if nothing's happening. Let's say at least one full paragraph per post, and that can be adjusted depending on what's going on.
4. I'm not going to give a limit to response times, but let's be reasonable. If you're posting 15 times a day and someone else posts once a week, that's just not going to work out. Let's say once a week at minimum and no faster than twice a day unless everyone is online.
5. HAVE FUN!

BASIC PLOT
If you hung in there through all those rules (O_O lol), let's get to the plot. Our story is going to follow a summer camp specifically for boys that are unable to do anything but cause trouble. It's supposed to be the best place in the country, and every boy that comes out comes out cured of all their problems. Their methods are unknown, but they've seen every personal issue there is to see. Kids that set fire to buildings for fun. Kids that have been suspended from school more days that they've been there. Kids with parents more screwed than them. Gay and transgender kids from families trying to "cure" them are also common, even more so now than when the camp was created. Nobody questions a camp with such a great reputation, and nobody who comes home wants to tell the true story of what happened there. The possibility of going back is to painful to think of.
--------------​
Basically, it's living hell. Violence decides who gets the power and respect among the boys, but it's also severely punished. Hard physical work is daily, and abuse from the camp directors is common, whether it be by fists or by extreme public humiliation. They're forced to sleep in packed cabins filled with more beds than should possibly be able to fit. But despite the horrible conditions, is it possible to find love?

OOC, CS, AND IC UP THIS WEEK IF THERE'S ENOUGH INTEREST! THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY! ^_^

I'm here to express my interest! 😁
Awesome! I got a lot more requests to join than I anticipated, so we'll see what we have when the character sheets and in character are up. Sometimes people that comment on the interest check never actually make a character, and it's also possible everyone will make an exceptional character, in which case I'm okay with having a larger group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back