Harry Potter RPG

Lord of Chaos

Elder Member
Supporter
For the past few weeks, I have been working on a Harry Potter RPG. While a few others already exist, none quite fit what I was looking for in a game. Hogwarts: the Roleplaying Game is a rules-moderate RPG about playing students at Hogwarts - although a GM could adapt it to other schools or even adult life. It eschews long lists of stats and spells in favor of focusing on characters capabilities, what sort of things that person could do, and how well they can do them. All of the rules I can think to include are present, and hopefully in a usable format. I would love to get any feedback, advice or criticism regarding these rules or their presentation. I hope to make a fun game that everyone can enjoy.

There isn't much setting information in this book at the moment. I figure anyone playing it is probably familiar with Harry Potter.

All of the art in the book is taken from Harry Potter chapter images. The cover was found via google image search. If you own the image, please let me know so I can remove it or give you credit at your choice

View attachment Hogwarts RPG.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
For the past few weeks, I have been working on a Harry Potter RPG. While a few others already exist, none quite fit what I was looking for in a game. Hogwarts: the Roleplaying Game is a rules-moderate RPG about playing students at Hogwarts - although a GM could adapt it to other schools or even adult life. It eschews long lists of stats and spells in favor of focusing on characters capabilities, what sort of things that person could do, and how well they can do them. All of the rules I can think to include are present, and hopefully in a usable format. I would love to get any feedback, advice or criticism regarding these rules or their presentation. I hope to make a fun game that everyone can enjoy.

There isn't much setting information in this book at the moment. I figure anyone playing it is probably familiar with Harry Potter.

All of the art in the book is taken from Harry Potter chapter images. The cover was found via google image search. If you own the image, please let me know so I can remove it or give you credit at your choice

View attachment 240644

Good so far, I'm not as experienced at really breaking down and giving feedback on mechanics though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just updated the RPG in response to feedback. The link in the OP should reflect the latest changes. Here is the changelog

Changes 2017-01-28

Clarified some rules
Fixed some grammar mistakes
Added Apparating and Magic as possible escape options
Added circumstantial modifiers to Defense
Allowed duplicate potions to be made faster
Added the ability to Make Money over Free Time
Added links on the table of contents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back