• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hardships at Talon Outpost - An Antarctic Scifi-Thriller

MrReaves

Steamlord
In the frozen heart of the Antarctic continent, a tunnel system was discovered deep below the ice by drillers, leading all the way down to an enormous doorway hewn from black stone and decorated with script that matches no known language. By some miracle, the secret has so far been kept from the world at large, but this peace may be fleeting- especially as an influx of funding has led to the establishing of Talon Outpost at the site, a fully equipped scientific and archealogical research center intended to uncover the mysteries of the tentatively named "Nightgate".

A selection of the world's finest (and politically uncompromised) scientists, archeologists, language experts, engineers and other facility workers have been brought in to begin the work, after a long process of signing strict NDA's. Their missive; to learn everything there is to know about the Nightgate, and then unlock it to see what could possibly lie beyond. The work is not just incredibly difficult and beyond the scope of anything done before; it is also dangerous, between the whispers of espionage, mounting evidence of sabotage and the extreme climate of the continent.

When an unprecedented snowstorm cuts Talon Outpost off from any contact or outside intervention, it falls to the few brave lead researchers to keep a cool head and complete their work on the most impactful find in human history, even though someone- or something- seems hellbent on keeping them from achieving success... with lethal force if needed.

- - - - -

Hello, everyone! Whilst I get my RPs in order I thought I'd add one more to the pile. I hope some of you are excited to take part in this one!

In this RP, our characters will be the lead researchers taking a crack at the mysteries of the Nightgate and what lies beyond. But they'll need more than a good set of brains; survival skill is a must-have in the heart of Antarctica! Your character can have practically any nationality, but they will have to be quite independently minded rather than nationalistic. They could be well established and respected, or they could be fringe geniuses who drew the ire and amusement of "proper" researchers. Whatever their methods, they are among the most capable and knowledgable in their respective fields.

Let me know if you're interested and I will have an OOC thread with character templates up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back