• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here

StarxLight

Call me C!
(Discord: Join the Harcourt Ball RP Discord Server! )

Harcourt Hall was generally a very quiet place, most other times of the year. The gardens, although beautiful, usually did not have people to walk through them. The dining rooms left empty and the many bedroom suites left in the dark, gathering dust. This was not the case after the last frost of the season, however. In preparation for spring the hall came to life. Gardeners tended to the gardens, carefully coaxing every flower to bloom. The bedroom windows were thrown open and the maids hurrying through each one. People are everywhere. Lady Harcourt moves in from her main manor to oversee the preparations, and every year when the flowers begin to bloom the matches arrive.

As soon as one dismounts their horse, and steps out of a carriage they are swept away to be shown their rooms and to prepare. All of the young adults participating are kept separate until the first night, lest any feeling develop before matches are announces. Lady Harcourt has always thought that the best way. The parents leave their children for two weeks in her care, before they arrive,and she does not tolerate any interference in her line of work. By the time everyone has arrived, the sun has begun to set. And so the ball begins.

The ball room looks exquisite, the marble floors polished and arches of flowers hand from the tops of every window. There must be thousands of candles lit, placed in glass jars, some coloured and some not to create a dazzling effect. different colours shine and flicker through the room. The doors at the back of the room are closed, but once opened will reveal a beautifully tended rose garden, a lovely pond covered in lily pads in the centre, small tea lights floating on top of them. There is ample seating, small tables for five or six scattered along the right side of the room. Behind them, pressed against the wall is a long table loaded with food. Ranging from soups to roasts to sweet desserts designed to be shared. IF one looked to the left upon entering, there was a small bar, two bartenders pouring champagne into flutes that sat upon trays for the waiters to hold. The band was next to the door, already playing gentle music.

Delivered to each person's room was a flower. For the ladies it was to be placed in their hair or held in a hand. For the gentlemen and women, it was to be placed in their breast pocket, or given to their match. Each pair has a unique flower, and this is how they are to find one another.

Lady Melissa and Lord Thaddeus were presented with red roses.
1570326686199.png

Lord Elijah and Lady Adalia with Camellias
1570326723617.png

Lady Elodie and Mister Vincent with Lavender

1570327621554.png

Katarina and Rosaline with Purple Lilacs

1570326866185.png

Josephine and Eliza with White Lilacs

1570326951401.png

Lucas and Matthias with Cala Lillies
1570327109634.png

Ezra and Farah with Wax Flowers
1570327247249.png

Anabella and Francisco with dark red carnations

1570327412633.png

All that is left now, is for the matches to meet!

Attachments

• 1570326660784.png
    1570326660784.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1570326786278.png
    1570326786278.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 3
Matthias had been a nervous wreck the whole time, as his mothers overbearingly fixed his clothes, and his hair. After about six minutes, his mothers backed off, and smiled that loving parent smile, as they gazed at him. He was wearing a light blue suit with a white, long sleeved shirt underneath. It was the first time, in a long time, that he had dressed up this nicely. He playfully rolled his eyes at his mothers, and hugged them. He knew he was going to miss them, and the shop while he was gone, which was going to be two whole weeks. He didn't really know how to feel about the whole arranged marriage situation, but it would help his mothers from worrying. He would do anything for the most important women in his life.

The three Abbott's went out to the carriage that was waiting for them outside. They all stepped inside, and sat down in silence, unsure what to say to each other. The ride was quite long, but it wasn't unbearable. The long ride was worth it, as soon as they said goodbyes, and Matthias stepped out of the carriage, his eyes were met with pure beauty. The place was absolutely astounding, the decor, the lights, and Matthias was most taken aback by the flowers that were displayed. Flowers of every kind flaunted their whimsical nature. He was breathless, after his moment of awe, some folks came over and hustled him over into the building.

They brought him through some halls, past some rooms, and they stopped at a nice wooden door. He stood there in front of the door, unmoving and dumbfounded. One of the people sighed, and opened the door pulling him inside, and slightly fixed his appearance, placing a beautiful flower in his breast pocket, which he realized it was a Calla Lily. He smiled at the person, and thanked them for helping him out. The person simply nodded, and told him to wait here for a bit, and when he went to the ballroom, that he was to look for someone with the same flower as his.

He simply nodded back, and sat down on his bed to regain his composure before attempting to do anything else. He was nervous, and a little frightened. What if his other was mean or hated him? He got up, and paced the room, running a hand through his curls.

Lady Elodie sat in front of her mirror in the strange room that she had been given, watching her maid carefully tuck some of the lavender in her hair. She looked elegant, and she supposed her mother would be proud. Delicate curls (In truth hair that wouldn't stay up) curled around her face, while the rest of her hair was tucked up in a neat up do at the back of her head. She hoped the maids would help her take out all of those pins later. The rest of the lavender was in her hands, just in case. She was please that it complimented her dress. She was wearing a light shade of purple, accented with silver trimming. The dress was long and flowing, it had almost no stiffness to it. Thank goodness. The lace of it covered her arms and er chest, although the bodice underneath still allowed for her collarbones and a little bellow that to show. She was not wearing "Heels" but simple silver slippers so that she could move around with ease.

"Do not be nervous, My Lady." her maid said, as she stepped back "It will all work out in the end."

Elodie Laughed, but she rose from her seat "I do not think I can stop being nervous if I tried! I meet my betrothed today." she said, taking one long, deep breath before pushing her shoulders back and turning away from the mirror. "Never the less. It will come no matter now nervous I am." She looked out of the window to see the sun setting, and look a moment to relish in being alone for a moment, as her maid ducked out of the room. She then turned and left her rooms, shutting the door gently behind her.

She tried desperately not to think of all the things that could go wrong as she walked through the halls, and found her way at the entrance to the ballroom. What if they were cruel? Would it be a man or a woman? Did they want a family? would she be expected to give up her well earned position working at her family business? As she stepped into the ball room, a waiter handed her a glass of champagne. She sipped at it, although she made a face at the taste. She walked further into the room and realised she was the first here. An anxiety gripped her chest and she looked around, trying to find something to do rather than stand Idle.

After a bit of calming down, and soothe talking, Matthias opened his door, and wandered through the halls. After getting lost a few times he found the ballroom, and peered in. He saw only one other person in the room, a beautiful girl in a light purple gown. Being very friendly, and charismatic, Matthias walked into the room, and called out to her waving his hand. "Hello! Miss?" He noticed in her hair was a beautiful bunch of Lavender, just thinking about it, he could imagine it's touch, and pretty smell. Once he was right in front of her at this point he smiled his bright, Abbot smile, complimenting her. "I'm Matthias Abbott, pleased to make your acquaintance, you look absolutely ravishing." He dipped his head down slightly in politeness.

Adalia had spent almost all day, hours upon hours getting dressed with her maids. This was Adalia's least favorite part of any day , but for something as special as this she knew she was going to suffer. Every time when a maid tightened her corset she groaned until she had a snatched hourglass figure. Her stockings above the knee with a ribbon garter tied just below the knee. Her maids put on light pink cromwell heels She looked to her side as her maids put on her petticoat before putting on the actual gown itself. The gown was a beautiful light pink color with a bodice that gave way to a voluminous tulle skirt falling in gentle pleats. A very long and tasking process that she doubt any woman could actually enjoy partaking in.

Adalia looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. She almost wanted to throw up with how nervous she was. She walked a bit ways forward in front of a mirror as the maids began to style her hair.
" I cant believe this is happening right now! " Adalia said in an almost whimsical tone. " In such little time I will meet the man I am to wed. "
One of the maids who was styling Adalia's thick hair was being combed into a braided up do. " Please do not fret my lady, you must not doubt your parents decisions. They would never do you wrong." She said in a very comforting tone.

"I suppose... I... It is hard to believe that there was a time that I was such a small child , and so innocent and naive. And now I'm a grown woman about to go through the next journey of my life." Adalia choked up a bit before clearing her throat. She could not help but be scared , This was something new and so many emotions that come along with it. By the time that Adalia had snapped out of her one daze she looked into the mirror to see that her hair was done. Adorned with pearls and one single Camellia flower placed behind her ear. She thanked her maids as they all said there goodbyes and left the room.

Now she was alone. She opened the small jewelry box she had brought with her and took out a pearl necklace as well as pearl earrings to match with her hair adornments. She took one last look at herself. Her light blonde hair, Bright blue green eyes and soft skin where accentuated by her accessories. She could not lie and say she was not feeling beautiful. As she got up she took one deep breath and left her room. All she could hear was the noise of her heels hitting the floor before she stopped in front of the ballroom already seeing two people inside. She gulped and walk inside.

She didn't even know whether to approach the two strangers. And grabbed a champagne glass, sipping it nervously. Upon closer look she saw a gorgeous girl in a beautiful gown. and next to her an equally handsome man in an also fetching suit. She walked up to the strangers and upon closer look realized none of them had the same flowers as she had and almost sighed in relief. At least she could loosen up before meeting the soon to be most important person in her life.

"hello." Adalia said as she did a small curtsy to the both of them. "My name is Adalia, So sorry for butting in , I would just like to make myself acquainted to the both of you wondrous people. "

Elodie almost cried out in relief when Matthias walked in but managed to calm herself. She noticed their flowers did not match and relaxed her shoulders in relief, as he called out. She noticed how smart and handsome he looked, and was sure that his intended would be lucky. Similarly, his words were sweet and kind. She blushed but smiled "Thank you, It is a pleasure to meet such a charming man" She nodded her head back at him, following the rules her mother gave her. Return the greeting you are given, and for goodness sake, smile! Just as she did so, another beautiful person walked through the door. She smiled, what she hoped was a welcoming smile at the lady.

The lady in question was beautiful, her hair as carefully crafted as her dress. and she was wearing some if the finest jewellery Elodie had ever seen. The flower tucked behind her ear did not match either. "Hello." she replied, curtsying in return "No intrusion at all, you're quite welcome. we were just introducing ourselves. I'm Elodie Hale." she took a sip of her drink and said "Better to have friends here, or at least know people other than our intended, I imagine. You both look lovely." she added.

Matthias smiled as the beautiful woman blushed, and returned the greeting. He learned her name was Elodie, a pretty name he thought. He turned his head upon hearing another set of footsteps, and smiled ready to greet the next lovely woman. He waited for Elodie to finish her sentence before speaking to Adalia. "Ah, and I am Matthias Abbott, lovely to meet your acquaintance Miss Adalia."

He felt nervous on the inside, but made sure that nothing, but pure confidence presented itself. He thought for a second, trying to come up with a conversation starter. "So, welcome to what defines our whole future, eh? Quite nerve wracking.." He positioned himself so that he was facing both women, allowing himself, and them to be heard.

Upon hearing what Matthias said Adalia twirled her glass , looking at the beverage inside. "Honestly.. if I may say such a thing.. It is all so sudden. This is supposed to be the happiest time in our lives. But I truly can not help but feel nervous. The change is so sudden after all. " She cleared her throat before saying. "But enough of that negativity! I am sure that after seeing you two that the person who is holding the same flower is going to be unbelievably lucky."

"But to put my life in someone else's hands. Without even knowing anything about them.. If it where up to me god willing I would of found the love of my life like my father did , by chance." Adalia said chuckling at the end. But she could not help but think that this was just the norm for people of a higher status that marrying someone purely for business or climbing the latter is more important than love. Of course her parents want her to find someone to love but her father always did put the business first.

Matthias listened attentively to Adalia, and nodded his head understanding her words. "I completely understand. I feel nervous that my other person is going to hate me or something. It is quite nerve wracking, but at the end of the day, me doing this is making someone happy. That is enough for me, no matter what happens." He smiled, hoping that maybe the way he could relate to her words could help calm her nerves a bit. He tilted his head, and smiled his big Abbott smile. "But do not fret Miss Adalia, any man or woman would be head over heels for you. Keep standing tall, and speak with a confident tone, and you'll get everything you desire!" There he went, complimenting someone again. He hoped folks didn't think he was creepy. He feared he got that overbearing trait from his mothers.

He was smiling so wide, his eyes crinkled up. He dipped his head in a small bow as he excused himself to get a drink. He didn't like any alcoholic beverages, and went to go find something other than champagne, he was craving some tea, but he doubted there would be any here, in this fancy place.

Elodie lowered her head, looking at the polished floor for a moment and took a few breaths, her hands shaking. "My Grandmother used to say that the happiest times are usually clouded with nerves." She downed the rest of her drink, and smiled at the other two. She laughed a little, feeling the nerves fade a little and said "I sure hope so. Your intended is just as lucky as ours." She said, sincerely. She smiled and waived a little as Matthias excused himself, and turned back to Adalia. After a moment's pause she leaned in a little and said "Have any of you heard what we are supposed to do for three weeks? Or is it all balls and dinners?"

As soon as an attendant noticed her glass was empty it was taken and another pushed into her hand. This one had berries floating in the drink, and was a light pink colour. She blinked and looked a little shocked. While she did grow up being served, it was never this instant or constant. She felt as though she was being watched "I do hope there is at least some activities. I know we are all supposed to get to know our spouses before the wedding's but I can not bare the idea of sitting idle for just under a month." then, when the attendant had waltzed off "I do hope they are not trying to get me drunk."

Looking over the deep green suit and smoothing out any wrinkles that may be even hinted at Ezra was trying to keep his mind from running away from him. He had no clue who he was suppose to be matched with, simple having Wax flowers neatly tucked into his breast pocket. The key to finding out who he was presumable going to marry. At least if they hit it off that is. Silently he cursed himself for not simple going out more, though the shop took up his time. The room he was in was nicely furnished and he knew this was the room he will be staying in for a while. Exhaling he went to sit at the edge of the bed. He still needed to make sure his hair was just right, though he knew after he did that then he'd have no other reason to stay in the room which felt comforting compared to the situation he was in.

It wasn't that he was nervous about meeting people, he rather enjoyed that part. No, this was from the reason he was here. If it was a simple greet and see how things go it would be fine for him. Having the knowledge that he is getting paired up for marriage however, the fact that he spent most of his life with gears and the ticking of clocks to accompany him to now having a person to stay with him the rest of his life. Soon to be person to spend his life with that is. If it goes well. He knew there was nothing to do to get out of this. It's not the fact that he didn't want someone, but the pressure to make sure he is well received and even then they will need to learn about him. Actually learn about him, not some polite chatter.

He shouldn't be sitting in the room like a child. Standing back up and going over to fix his hair he breathed in. Slowly exhaled as he knew he needed to head down and meet the others. He hoped he wasn't the last one to show up as his steps carried him to the door. Posture was good, everything was fine. He needed to head out. Opening the door as he walked out and making sure to shut it behind him he was pep talking himself all the way to the ballroom. Once he went through the doors he saw only three other people in the large room. It was absolutely stunning. Never going to a ball himself simple because of his time begin at the shop he couldn't help but stand in place as he looked around. Pushing his attention back to the people who were there he looked each one over.

They were, well it seemed a bit like a fairy tale. Even if the room was full of people he figured he would still be drawn to them simple from their attire. A bit of worry for his own entered his mind, especially if one was going to be his partner. Deciding he should get himself a drink instead of standing there like a fool much longer. He didn't drink alcohol much unless it was at social events. This certainly classified as a social event. He looked over at the two ladies still conversing, he wouldn't butt in to their conversation as he didn't want to be seen as rude. How ever he did notice the other person seemingly trying to find something and decided to see if he could help. Walking over he made sure to make himself known. "I'm sorry to pester you, but you seem to be looking for something. Do you need help? Ezra Conray, at your service,"

Matthias had been looking around for something appealing to drink, but everything was either too hard to pronounce or looked too bubbly. He jumped a bit when he heard a voice from behind him, a deep one. He gulped not knowing if it was the person he was supposed to be marrying. He turned around slowly with his bright Abbott smile, and greeted the man who was named Ezra.

"Greetings Ezra, I am Matthias Abbott, and you are no bother. I was just looking for something to drink, something like tea. I am not a fan of alcohol, have you seen any?" Matthias only relaxed, once seeing the difference of flowers. Ezra, the man he was talking to, had Hoya Carnosa's, also known as wax flowers.

Matthias's smile changed from bright to humorous, as he thought about their meaning. He randomly pointed at Ezra's flower, and looked up at him. "Lasting success, well um..that is what your flowers are associated with because the vines grow to about three to four feet."

He laughed nervously, already embarrassing himself in front of impressionable people. He scratched the back of his head, and dipped his head in a small apologetic bow.

As the other turned around he noticed the flowers weren't the same, much to his relief. "I'm sorry to say, I have not seen anything except what I'm holding," emphasizing this he held his glass of champagne up. "Although I don't know if we're suppose to stay in the ballroom, perhaps we could head out and explore to try and find some," In truth he certainly did want to look around the place, though he didn't want to exactly make it seem like he was trying to get out of it.

Not only that he certainly didn't want to get another person in trouble simple from his own curious mind. Now, having someone fully on board with his own curious mind and getting into trouble was certainly a separate thing. As the attention was shifted to the vital key to his future he looked down at the flowers which where neatly in his breast pocket. "Oh? Really?" his gaze turning back to Matthias before continuing. "I'm not very well versed with flowers myself. That is fascinating,"

He wasn't expecting the other to bow their head in an apologetic manner. He wasn't too sure what the other had done to even result in that. A smiled which reached to his eyes was firmly there as he waved his hand as if dismissing the display. "There's no need for that. It's not as if you did anything wrong. If you'd be kind enough, I'd love to hear what your flowers meaning is," As he said this he looked to the flowers which seemed so elegant in Matthias's breast pocket. While he certainly wasn't someone who was well versed in flowers, he certainly was someone who'd love to listen to conversations on it.

Matthias smiled as Ezra offered to wander the place to find something to drink. He was more than happy to leave the ballroom, he felt out of place, and everything was happening so fast. Ezra seemed nice, and he didn't even mind Matthias's flower talk, in fact he seemed sincerely interested. "That sounds nice, let us find some, and I could tell you more about flowers."

Matthias first looked down at his own flower feeling nervous because it reminded him that someone else was wearing it too. "Well mine is called Zantedeschia aethiopica, otherwise known as a Calla Lily. They mean, innocence or passion. Cheesy stuff." Matthias walked toward the doors that would lead them out of here. He walked alongside Ezra as he started to regain his confidence.

"So what do you do, as a living Mr. Conray?" Matthias didn't like rambling on about himself, and he found that people were more happier talking about themselves, and their own lives, so that made Matthias happy too. He gazed at the well organized building around them, everywhere he looked was a new jaw dropping discovery. He wanted to meet the one responsible for this soon, so he could compliment them.

He was delighted that Matthias seemed just as on board with wandering the place as he was. Not only that, but they were willing to part with their knowledge on flowers. This made Ezra feel as if the whole event was rather nice, though the thought of having to meet the person who held the flower that is twin to his own was still there. At the very least it was pushed to the back of his mind as Matthias talked about his own flowers meaning.

"Innocence or passion? That truly is cheesy," saying this as he started to walk along side Matthias to the doors that would lead them out of the ballroom. He supposed that having rather cheesy meanings to the flowers given would be expected in what they were participating in. Listening to the other ask him what he did it seemed rather weird to have his last name spoken when addressing him. Well this place was suppose to be for the proper to come together and marry mostly for their families sake. He gave a small glance around the hallway they found themselves in, it certainly wasn't filled with much other people.

"Please call me Ezra," quickly adding on as he realized that he still was with another person of higher status. "If you'd like of course. As for my living I myself am a horologist. Most of my day is spent making clocks or fixing those that break down. I often do some bigger projects with them when requested to by families. I suppose you could say it takes up a good bit of my time. It's the family business though, so I often have my parents to help me out. What about yourself? I'm assuming it has to do with flowers. Well that or you certainly took to them,"

While he talked his gaze went about the places they were walking through. It seemed so elegant, certainly much more than his own place. Of course he had a very nice house, it was simple not like this. It's as if the whole building was painted instead of being real. A beauty of art that you just so happen to be able to stroll through. Even if things did not go the way he wanted it to, he was certainly glad to have been able to walk around such a place.

Rosaline had been feeling many things since waking up. Firstly, she was in a strange place, with different maids and almost no one could understand her save for her pesky translator. Secondly, her translator. It hadn't even been an hour and she was already sick of the girl. And lastly, today was the day she'd be meeting her betrothed. All day, as Rosaline primed and prepared herself for the ball this evening, all she could think about was meeting the woman whom she was to spend the rest of her life with. Rosie was no stranger to awkward encounters with new people. In fact all encounters with new people were awkward. Not many understood or cared to understand her disability and have I mentioned how much Rosie hated her translator? Nevertheless, as maids scurried in and out of her rooms, trying on dress after dress, hair style after hair style, all Rosie could think about was how terribly nervous she was.

Finally, the maids settled on a gorgeous lilac gown to compliment the lilacs in her hair. Rosie toyed with the extra lilacs in her hands as servants busied around her, applying the finishing touches. Beautiful diamond earrings and a necklace to match. She had hoped that the flower she would have gotten would have been some kind of rose. Being her name and all, but she supposed the pretty purple flower would suffice. A maid tried to say something to her but Rosie obviously couldn't understand. Rosaline looked around for Molly (her translator) but she wasn't in sight. Rosie was half relived, half annoyed that she had disappeared somewhere. Rosie quickly looked around for a pen and paper to write with the maid. Apparently, she had been trying to give Rosie directions to the ballroom.

Rosie clutched the lilacs and directions to the ballroom with white knuckles as she made her way through the halls. Unfortunately, Molly had only been waiting outside the door and was ready to go as soon as Rosie was. So not only was Rosaline full of nerves, so was the half-wit next to her. It took them quite awhile to find the hall, but once there, Rosie was awe struck. The whole palace was gorgeous. Fantastic gardens and beautiful rooms, but Rosie had never seen a ballroom so magnificent. She suddenly wished her family were here to see it. Charlotte would have loved everything about this place. Thinking of her family calmed her nerves a bit, as it reminded her why she was doing this. Her father wanted her to be happy; Rosie would do anything to make her father proud. Right away, she noticed people talking. She quickly scanned the room to find lilacs, but alas, she saw none. And so her nerves calmed even more. She wouldn't have to talk to them straight away. That was good at least. As soon as she had made her way towards the center of the ballroom, an attending ran up to her and offered her a glass of what looked like alcohol. Rosie politely took it and as the attending walked away, she downed the glass in one go. If she were to make it through this night, she was going to need a lot of lucubration. She handed the glass off to Molly and asked her to dispose of it, in hopes of getting rid of the girl for at least a few minutes.

Last edited:
Matthias noticed that Ezra seemed to relax as well when they decided to leave. They both had been inspecting the building with respect, and awe which would be expected from how amazing the place looked. He chuckled as Ezra joked about the chessy-ness of the flower's meaning. The sound of his laugh wasn't forced nor was it faked. Matthias loved the casualness of the conversation they were having, it was a perfect way to distract his mind from the night ahead of him. "Just Ezra? Oh, okay I can do that."

Matthias was slightly put off from the request, he thought that fancy folk were prone to having others call them in a respectful manner. Now, Matthias wasn't of low status, but he didn't consider himself to be high status. He was somewhere in the middle, high enough to survive, and he always tried giving to others, and you didn't really see that from other wealthy people. He was just a flower shop boy, not some prince or anything, the idea almost made him laugh out loud.

He also responded to Ezra, and his follow up question quickly, before turning the conversation back to the man. "Ah, clocks? That sounds quite tedious, and must take someone with great patience. I definitely don't have the intelligence for something like making clocks, and yes you are correct, flower business is my forte. What do you like to do when you aren't making clocks?"

He smiled, and decided he didn't necessarily want tea anymore. The search for the warm beverage made him lose his desire for it, he kind of just wanted to go outside soon, and breath in, and out. He wouldn't suggest it though to Ezra, he didn't want Ezra to think he was a wuss or something. What kind of man needs to calm his nerves? He should just man up, and take his situation with a grain of salt, right?

Right-

Elodie noticed a girl walk in, a gown in a similar purple to her own. This woman was again beautiful, holding lilacs. She noticed the flowers were not the same and felt a burst of impatience. If she just knew who her intended was she would not be as nervous. If she just knew what she had to face, even if it was awful it would be better than this. Her hands shook more, and she drained her glass again and set it down on the nearest table and excused herself, muttering something about needing air. The attendants must have noticed her face getting pale and the two ornate doors to the garden opened. Elodie turned to notice, and as soon as she saw the door, she rushed to it and sat on it and leaned against the door frame. A glass was handed to her and this time as she brought it to her lips she tasted water. She closed her eyes and finished the glass, waiving off the concern of the attendant in question. This did not seem to please the woman who, huffed and turned on her feet. Immediate another replaced her and Elodie could feel her legs getting weaker.

She could hear her mother scolding her, even though the woman was in a different country. How rude she was to excuse herself, what if Adalia had been offended? What if she needed her in the future? Elodie's breath was coming faster now and she was leaning fully on the wall. God, what a first impression she would be making, having a fit if hysteria at the idea of meeting her future partner. Another glass of water was pressed into her hand as well, with a piece of fruit that she happily took, but did not make a move to eat.

At the fact that his companion went along with his request even with the rather informal way he said he'd rather be addressed, he felt himself smiling. He was no stranger to the way that you always seemed to need to talk to others and how to address them. He often did work for rather rich people and in his time of being addressed Mr. Conray he always felt that it just seemed too.. He wasn't really sure what in all honesty. He supposed he simple had a general distaste for it just as having to dress up all the time got to him. It probably tied into how much he wished to just talk how he wanted instead of playing a careful game.

Of course he still needed to make sure he didn't go overboard. After all such a request is more than likely not too heard off. He supposed the way the other just jumped onto explaining his flower in a casual way was what got him to relax more. It wasn't any of the usually stiff talk that he's use to. "I would say that clocks take patients, especially the smaller ones. Although I'll politely disagree to the next statement. While I won't say putting together clocks is the easiest thing in the world and it does require studying, I think you'd be more than capable of learning if you truly wished to,"

Pausing as he took a sip from the glass of champagne. With how quickly the other went back to him he wasn't sure if they simple didn't want to talk of them self or if they were more curious about him. "Well in any spare time I may find myself with I have a few things I enjoy doing. I took up horseback riding which I've gotten moderately well off at in the least. I enjoy reading any books I can pick up whenever I can. I tend to like to stroll around town at night as my shop keeps me in the daytime," he decided to leave out how he often liked to jump into water or try to find trees to climb. It was childish at best.

He looked to Matthias in question. He didn't think a simple what about you would be wanted, instead. "Do we have any overlapping interests?" he still wasn't sure if the full attention on the other was wanted or not. He also figured they may be nervous. Who wouldn't be at an event like this?

Matthias liked how wise Ezra was with his words. He enjoyed that Ezra thought about what he said next, as if he was choosing the best words to say. Matthias wasn't sure why he found that to be a nice trait, maybe just for the simple fact that he seemed invested in the conversation, and not just chatting for reputation. "Well I think it is fascinating to think of all the little parts that goes into making a clock go around, and just thinking that if you miss one part, the whole clock won't work as best as it could be if it was whole."

Matthias tilted his head as he pondered out loud to Ezra, "Kind of like our world, don't you think? Makes me think we all have our own purposes." Once again he smiled that Abbott smile, which made his eyes crinkle. Matthias listened to what Ezra liked to do, and he showed his interest by nodding his head, or his eyes would light up.

Once asked a question about himself again, it made Matthias confused. Did Ezra really want to know about him? He thought it was very different from the conversations he normally had, but he went along with the specific question.

"Well, I don't necessarily have a knack for horses, but I love to read when I can, but I am usually too busy to just take a pause. Although a very strong common interest we have is our love for late night walks. I absolutely adore those." Matthias then leaned in and whispered, even though there was no one around to hear them anyway. "And between me and you Ezra, I like to enjoy things that a child would find fun. I think adults nowadays are too quick to grow up. Being a kid is fun anyway, but don't tell anyone I said that."

Matthias joked about the last part. He didn't really care if others thought he was childish, he was only eighteen after all. He only cared if someone thought of him as too sensitive, and emotional, which was another reason why he perfected his charisma, and smile. No one could ever guess that even Matthias got sad sometimes, how could they with his Abbott smile?

Matthias thought about that with pride. He was good at smiling.

He would admit that he was rather delighted when Matthias started to talk about everything that goes into a clock. Perhaps it was more so the fact that he did this for his living that was talking than anything else. Either way he was still glad. He hummed at the idea of the world working much like a clock. "Our world is truly a wonder. I will agree though, we do have our own purpose much like the gears in a clock. It's always best to take care of them. While the gear turns, it needs others to complete the reason it was put in place. When it all comes together, you can see the beauty that it makes. It takes care to keep it going. Care for each gear that turns and each piece that plays a part and you can have it ticking away forever if you do so,"

He may have gotten carried away as he cleared his throat. He was a bit embarrassed by that, while he truly did love his work he didn't think going on for hours about it was the best thing to do. He was glad that his companion had taken to answering his question which distracted him from the rather silly way he kept running his mouth before. They seemed to at least have two things in common, he did wonder if Matthias had any interest in trying to learn to ride a horse.

When they leaned in he was curious as to why they needed to whisper, that is until they told him the next part. To say he was surprised was an understatement. He'd never guess someone would say something like that. He seemed to be much too use to the company he use to find himself in. "Well..I..." he was at a loss for words as it truly registered to him that he really wasn't in the company of those who he often finds himself needing to be on his toes at all times.

He gave a low chuckle as he shook his head, this certainly wasn't what he expected out of his trip here. Although he still didn't want to press his boundaries he did whisper back. "Well Mr. Abbott in that we are also kindred spirits. I certainly didn't expect that from anyone else here though. I may tend to enjoy the finer things like tree climbing in my spare time. My lips are sealed," holding his free hands up to his mouth, one finger in the motion of silencing someone as it laid across his lips.

Moving his hand back to his side as he looked around the lovely decor he didn't think they were truly making any progress. "Although I'm not too sure we actually know where we are going. Well I'm pretty sure we don't, at least I don't. We could indulge ourselves with some almost night strolls. Of course I'm not suggesting to completely forgo finding you a drink. I'm certainly fine with either way, merely presenting an option," he only hoped he didn't come off as dismissing what had brought them here and in turn making him seem unlikable.

6767175789c921f9249002818dce4f4e.jpg
"Eliza Madeline Green- First post: The Rambunctious Girl Escapes! And uh, gets lost"

Eliza was wandering through the garden with a curious expression, in a rather casual style, quite literally forced into at least a somewhat decent dress by five maids holding her down for it. Wearing the above ankle white dress, flowing somewhat freely with a black mens suit coat she managed to snatch up before running out of the room and away from them with a smirk- it uh, seemed like a good idea at the time, okay!? She argued, mostly to herself. Admittedly now somewhat lost on the large property as she blinked a few times looking around blankly.

Her mid-length blazing red hair tied up in a loose ponytail from the run, as it was previously tight. Reaching up she grabbed the white lilac from her hair and rolled her eyes, throwing the flower over her shoulder behind her as she shoved her hands in the jackets pockets. This was- argh, it just felt like such a joke, the whole setup, and who in the heck thought white would work on her! Like she was some innocent damsel? AH! She just- wanted to punch something. Gritting her teeth as she thought on it, eyes downcast before suddenly looking up at the sound of a light thump nearby.

Looking over she squinted a little to see what was going on in the distance, spotting a girl not much older than herself she noted the expression on her face, well, rather the lack thereof of colour. Finally! Someone in this dang garden?!

Rushing over she chuckled jumping over a few bushes and getting small tears in the base of the dress, arriving in front of the other she gave a gleeful and slightly smug smirk, putting a hand in front of her chest and extending the other arm out straight as she closed her eyes briefly in a rather masculine bow, she always found them much more charismatic than a weird little curtsey. Standing back up she extended a hand crouching slightly to reach eye level of the girls sitting position, grabbing her hand gently she smirked as sheplanted a gentle kiss on it, "M'lady~ haha, sorry couldn't stop myself. lets just drop the formalities, huuh? I uh, was kinda lost- And it seems you're not feeling that well, I've seen my fair share of people on wobbly legs, and I must say you're about one step from collapsing on ta' ground" she spoke with what was clearly some sort of formal speech, and yet her wording matched far closer to something slightly foreign or lower class.

Her eyes never once left the other, suddenly reinvigorated with a gentle sparkle, a somewhat childish and genuine air floating around her even she herself could feel in its thickness and felt pleased about, looks like her escape plan had worked, and it even lead her to someone as stunning as this, were all the girls here this pretty?- She shook the thought from her head with a light rosiness briefly brushing her cheeks before it returned to her regular tone. On her hands lay light scarring revealed from out of the sleeve, something she didn't carry much shyness about to be honest, even though others encouraged it.
_________

StarxLight StarxLight

Melissa sat on the edge of the bed as the rest of the maids left her room. She knew none of them and that worried her. Where was Mika? She was supposed to be here to help her. The maid must have been notified of her condition because they were patient and attentive to what she said. More like whispered, but that is neither here nor there. The maid dressed her in a simple dress with a tan skirt and white top with a red corset. It was a bit snug, but it fit. Lastly, the rose was placed in her hair.

The girl sighs and stares at her door for a while as she slowly began to freak out. Where was Mika? Was she hurt? Did she get lost? What if...no...no no no...never again. Melissa stood up and rushed to door before flinging it open and beginning to run through the halls. The poor girl had forgotten her shoes, but she didn't care. "Mika!" She tried to shout, but her condition made it only come out in a soft whisper. Oh no! She was panting and out of breath by the time she made it to the ballroom.

She looked frantically around trying to find Mika and if she was with any of the guys. Her eyes were wide and she stumbled for a second upon entered before collapsing to the ground in front of everyone present. Mika...where have you gone...was her last thought before she went unconscious.

Last edited:
Mika let out a long sigh, she knew she shouldn't of- but, she just needed a break before all this. She felt her cheeks fluster pink as she wandered the halls in the annoyingly uncomfortable 'official' maid outfit. To tell the truth she'd gotten rather used to the more casual design she was allowed back home.

"Is she really- getting engaged off tonight?…." she muttered under her breath, pausing abruptly as she clenched a fist and placed it over her heart with slightly strained expression on her face, why did it have to hurt so bad? They- both knew this day was coming, after all to her family Elizabeth wasn't of use directly, they needed her for connections but due to her condition…. "Stupid- Stupid!" she yelled out quietly, punching a wall with more force than she probably should have in such a beautiful and delicate place.

A moment later cheeks fluttering with a blush as she slower lowered the now slightly grazed hand, feeling the corners of her eyes and mouth twitching at the urge to cry, she knew, she always had known- so why…. Did it still hurt so bad that it had come to this? Surely she couldn't have thought they'd be able to stay together, even- even if it wasn't for her condition, for her families choice, they'd still be of such different class-

The thoughts continued to swarm until suddenly she saw a unfamiliar maid rushing past with what appeared to be frantic concern, following after as if a bad feeling had sunken into her stomach she ran ahead to the ballroom and was granted with a horrid sight causing her eyes to widen in fear, practically sprinting over, not caring for scuffing the perfectly polished rooms floor or wether she was acting 'unsightly' or bad for reputation, Kneeling down onto her knees by Melissa's side.

Gently she lifted the girls head onto her lap as she looked down in concern, trying to regain her professional composure as she pat the girls pale cheeks lightly, cursing quietly enough hopefully no one but herself could hear as she gently rolled her onto her side to face the back to the nearby wall, and subtly loosening the corset underneath to hopefully aid in the ease of breathing. "H-Hey Elle….. Elle it's me~ please wake back up okay? I-I'm sorry I left you this is all my fault" she whispered out through tightened face muscles, "I promise I won't leave your side again while we're here just- be okay?" she continued.
_________

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Who knows how many drinks Adalia had since Lady Elodie had excused herself. Of course there where no hard feelings. She must of felt so nervous that it was affecting her physically. Of course Adalia was also feeling the effects of this almost extreme anxiety. Thank god her parents where not here to see her drown herself in alcohol. She almost didn't notice that there was another girl doing the same thing. Trying to subdue the nerves of what was to be. She inspected her a bit more and saw that she didn't have a same colored flower and could not help but to feel bittersweet.

She started to take a sip of yet another beverage before she heard a thump on the floor. She looked into the glass. "too much champagne." She said chuckling at herself before she actually looked to where the noise was coming from and saw a girl on the floor with a maid trying to assist her. She almost dropped her glass as she lifted up her dress to hurry to their aid. "Is she okay?!" The girls face was flushed and the maid was also distressed whispering to the girl. Adalia couldn't hear what she was saying but she just wanted to help the both of them.

"There is a fainting couch right over there. Help me pick her up so we can get her a glass of water. oh god I hope she's alright." Adalia pointed a little ways to where they where standing before starting to help the girl on the floor get up so they could lay her down on the couch.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Cosmos Cosmos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back