• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Happy Things Always End (Zombie Apocalypse rp)

October 20 2015

Elizabeth Blackwell had just finished decorating her house for Halloween and she had to admit she was very impressed. She had loved Halloween since she was a little girl and she wanted to make it very special for her and her family. She sat down to watch TV for a while and gasped when she saw the news. "People have started to show a very aggressive and unusual behavior. Some witnesses say that they saw people eating each other like it was a normal thing. We'll have more information after this commercial break". Elizabeth turned off the TV and rolled her eyes. " people eating each other? The sad part is that I'm not surprised. After all, we were the ones who created wars and dangerous weapons."

It was about a week before Halloween and Adeline Carter was very busy making some last minute decorations. She was currently in the Tech Lab of her high school, finishing her final wooden pumpkin of the evening. With one last cut of the band saw, the finished decoration popped out of the board of wood. "Ahh... Finally," Adeline sighed in relief. She held the finished masterpiece up to inspect it. As she was inspecting the pumpkin in fine detail, a voice crackled over the intercome, caused Adeline to drop her project. As the wood thudded on the floor, a voice echoed through the room, static on the intercome.

"The school has been compromised. Repeat: the school has been compromised by violent citizens. Calmly make your way to exits immediately. I repeat-" Adeline heard an unhuman growl over the woman's voice. A scream followed. Then silence. But Adeline was already working. Quickly, she picked up a hammer and crudely attached it to a wooden pole. She sharpened the other side of the pole to a delicate tip. Finally, she picked up a nail gun on the table and slung her back pack over her shoulder. Her preparations complete, Adeline raced out into the decaying twilight, her family on her mind. She ran down the dark streets in vain, hoping she could make it home, but doubting she could.

(Sorry for any spelling errors when I'm on my phone. I'll go back and fix them after I make the post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian was bored. That was the only word that could describe what he felt during math class, the only way he would use math would be to count the minutes until he could go home. 20... 15... 13 minutes until class ended but a scream made everyone stop focusing on the class and his class was in the hallway in less than two minutes. Everyone was running and screaming but Brian couldn't understand what was happening until he saw a kid covered in blood eating his English teacher. He ran to the exit as fast as he could and ran to his sister's house. As he ran through a dark alley he saw a teenage girl who looked like a normal person and ran towards her. "Hey! Can you help me please? I just saw people eating each other and... I think they are monsters or something!"

Adeline whirled around wide eyed at the voice behind her. Finding it was just a young boy, Adeline allowed her muscles to relax. She kept one hand on her makeshift weapon as she spoke to the boy. "Yeah, yeah," she told him. "I just escaped from school...." she paused and shook her head. "It doesn't sound good." She glanced around the dark alleyway. It was turning night much faster than she expected. Darkness began to close in on the pair. "Where do you live?" she asked the boy. "I was heading home, but its much too far away. I'll protect you on your way home, if thats where you're going." She tightened her grip on her weapon and spoke firmly. "Just tell me where and II'll follow as best as I can."

((Posting order or no?))

(No)

Brian smiled at the girl and nodded. "I think everyone went crazy but I don't know why. All I know is that Stacey Crawley was eating my English teacher. I'm going home to meet my big sister if you want she can drive you to your house. She has a car"

"Well, that would be much appreciated." Adeline leaned against a wall. "My name is Adeline," she told the boy. "Do you want to get started towards her house then?" She looked warily at the sky. "I'd like to leave as soon as possible. I feel like it'll be safer from the monsters while we still have light left." She gave the boy as reassuring pat on the back. "I'll be right behind you," she said softly.

"I'm Brian, her house is really close so I think that if we start walking now we would be there in five minutes " Brian said smiling and began walking. "Have you killed any monsters yet? Since you have a weapon I thought you might've done that. My sister has a gun too but I'm not supposed to touch it". After a few minutes of walking, he could see her sister's house and her sister coming out with her gun and when she saw him she ran towards him and hugged him. " Brian! I was so worried about you!" She noticed the girl that was with him and smiled. "Thank you so much" Elizabeth said with a smile and Brian smiled at her too. "Can you give her a ride to her house? She needs to see her family". Elizabeth nodded and pointed at her car. " sure, tell me where to go".

(@albinope )

Sitting in his room staring out the window. Aaron was contemplating what to do next. He could leave to find someone and not be alone. Alone that's what he was alone so lonely no one around. He was broken from his thoughts by a wetness on his hand. His tears stained his face without him noticing why is he so weak why cant he just brave this out and go to a safe zone. Yes that's what he'll do find a safe zone okay first he needs to leave the house. Aaron stood up and wiped his tears he them went to go down the stairs. Aaron stopped suddenly on the stairs he remembered his family he could not see his family like that again. So Aaron walked back into his room and jumped out of his window. When he landed he felt his foot twist He then pulled his bamboo staff from its strap and used it as a crutch then continued walking down the street. to god knows where.

Halloween was coming up. Luckily, today was Claire's day-off from work. With the baby in her belly getting bigger every passing week, it was tough to stand for long periods of time. Yesterday, during her Doctor's Appointment, Claire found out that she was having a girl. So far, she was having a really weird morning. As she grabbed her purse, Claire overheard the news saying that there were people eating each other and such. It gave her an unsettling feeling as she began holding her belly in a protective matter. Suddenly, she heard banging on her door. She grabbed her Handgun before approaching her door. When she opened the door, her neighbor burst in, she noticed a few large bite marks on the arm. At this moment, the TV began blurting out all kinds of Information. Sounds like a new breed of Virus had been discovered, which was also highly contagious and that if she were to encounter an infected person, to destroy the brain. She then looked at her neighbor as she held her belly and slowly started breathing heavily. She turned the Safety off and pointed it at her neighbor, who gave her the nod to shoot. Claire reluctantly pulled the trigger as blood splattered all over her Nightgown. Afterwards, she decided to get a change of clothes. In particular, a pink dress, a hat and dark brown sweatshirt with the sleeves partially raised. Lastly, she barricaded her Windows, locked her Door, barricaded it before making a break for her car in the Garage. She was greeted by scenes of carnage as she drove, with people either fighting or fleeing from the crazy ones. What she saw made her want to puke. But worse then that, she was scared for her baby. "Its okay hun, we're gonna be fine." She said, caressing her belly as she drove to find a safe place.

Adeline shook her head. "No, not yet. I just made it just in case something bad was to happen." Adeline fiddled awkwardly to the side as the siblings reunited. She smiled at Brian's older sister as she thanked her. "It was my pleasure," she said. "And yeah, a ride would be very appreciated." Adeline waitied for Elizabeth to start moving to the car. Once they were ready to go Adeline will give directions.

Akira sat back in his chair, rubbing his temples. His small office was stifling, thanks to a broken air conditioner and people constantly entering and leaving. Nothing seemed to help- not fans, or propping open the doors. Nothing. The blueprints in front of him didn't seem as easy to read as they usually were, so he decided to go ahead and head home. Standing, he closed his toolbox, slipped his blowtorch into his belt, and walked out the door only to trip on something. Will these idiots ever learn to put their tools... his thoughts came to a halt as he looked at what he tripped over. That's not a tool.

The young man took a step back from the arm, which had clearly been pulled off very recently: the pool of blood around it was slowly growing. When he looked up, he saw his assistant standing at the other side of the garage, breathing heavily, mouth covered in blood. He charged, and the confused mechanic fell back into his office, slamming the door shut behind him. It rattled, barely holding back the enraged cannibal. Akira locked it, before scrambling over to the filing cabinet behind his desk. Atop it sat his only item of value, his family's ancestral sword. He slung it onto his back and pulled it out, his breathing ragged.

The door fell inward, his assistant crashing inwards with it. Akira was ready, his blade raised. It came across the center of his friends' head, slicing through his brain. The body fell to the floor, entirely still, blood gushing from the two pieces of brain. He held back vomit and stumbled out of his garage, forcing himself not to look at the bodies of his other workers, who his assistant must have ripped apart. Akira crawled into his car, blade sheathed, slipping his toolbox into the back seats and driving away. Blood soaked streets surrounded him, as well as other speeding cars, and screaming citizens. Seriously? Zombies? You have got to be kidding me...

Elizabeth smiled at the girl and began walking with her brother to the car. "I'm Elizabeth by the way" she said as she opened the back door for her brother and closed it when he hopped in. "I was thinking, if you and your family want to join us you are more than welcome to. I'm taking Brian to the police department we'll be safe there and my father is a cop so he can help us." Elizabeth finished the sentence and entered the car.

"Really?" Adeline's face visibly brightened. "Well, yes! Thank you!" The teen relaxed into her seat in the car. "I actually have a brother around Brian's age. I hope he's okay." Adeline stared out the window of the car and gasped. "Look!" she said in a paniced voice. She pointed down the street. There was a hoard of zombies, advancing on the car. The smell of rotting flesh and blood descended on the car. Adeline covered her noise with her sleeve and looked out with wide eyed horror.

Aaron was limping down the road when he spotted something that made him want to throw up. He saw... her the girl of his dreams eating someone. He watched as she bit of the persons hand as they sreamed and then when she bit their neck. The person died not to long after and Aaron just watched mouth agape. Then she seemed to get bored of the dead body she stood up slightly sideways and looked at Aaron. Aaron got ready to defend himself with his bamboo staff horizontal in front of him. "Im sorry... katy"

Elizabeth gasped when she noticed the horde of those monsters approaching the car and grabbed the wheel. "I'm going to drive really fast, you should hand on to something" Elizabeth said almost shouting as she began driving as far away as she could from the zombies. When they were far enough Elizabeth saw cars crashing and people running from the zombies everywhere but she acted like she didn't care just for Brian. "Where is your house?"

Adeline grabbed on tight to the side of her door as the car reared left and right. Outside cars were crashing into each other and zombies ripped peoples' inside's. She made a quick decision in her mind. "It's too risky!" she yelled over the roar of the engine. "My house is 15 minutes away in regular traffic and now..." she yelped as a zombie hit the window shield and slid off. "It doesn't matter! Just go to the police station! My dad can handle my brother for now. They'll be safe together." She clenched her hands in her lap.

Akira followed the sounds of the dead's groans, and the panicked civilians screams. Everything was going to hell around him. Silently cursing himself for not moving to Japan when he had the chance, he hit the gas, speeding towards a horde of zombies. He had designed his car to be a muscle car, with low acceleration but an incredible top speed, and heavy enough not to flip. His fingers gripped the steering wheel tightly as his car began shaking, plowing zombies out of the way. After a few seconds, he came out the other side of the horde unharmed, with a trail of broken bodies behind him.

"The police station is really far as well, we're taking risks anyways and they could be in trouble!" Elizabeth said as she began driving to the police station running over some of the zombies. "We'll go to your house once we are with daddy" Brian said holding on to his seat belt and screaming every time Elizabeth hit a zombie. Suddenly, a car crashed into their car making it roll upside down. Elizabeth got out of the car fast enough and Brian followed her, a zombie attacked her but a stranger saved her before a zombie attacked him and started bitting his face. Brian noticed the car that left a bunch of zombie bodies behind and gasped. "Hey! Wait!" Elizabeth grabbed her brother and made him stand behind her as she took out her gun and got ready to shoot if zombies noticed them again but they were too busy eating the humans who didn't make it.

Akira hit the brakes, his car skidding to a halt. His breath came out in short gasps- he had never killed anyone before. Zombies were still people, just... he banished the thought from his head. Someone called out to him, so he opened his car door, holding a hammer in his hand. "Do you need any help?" he called back, gulping as a small group of zombies noticed him.

Two zombies approached Elizabeth and Brian and Elizabeth shot them in the head as she listened to the guy. She wanted to answer but the zombies were getting closer and Elizabeth had to take care of her brother. "Run! To the alley!" Elizabeth shouted as she ran with Brian and waited for him to finish climbing a ladder that lead to the roof of a small building and then climbed after him. "Adelide run!" Brian shouted.

While hoping to get to safety, Claire was nearly hit by a swerving Semi. To avoid being hit, she swerved to her right. Despite her attempt to keep the car in control, she was clipped by a pick-up truck and then she jumped a curb. In the process, she was knocked out cold as her airbag was deployed to keep her from getting seriously hurt, but not before she turned on the Hazard Lights to call for help. As she sat there unconscious, the baby kicked the palm of her hand to tell her it was okay. Luckily she wasn't seriously hurt or anything, but she had a minor scrape on her forehead and her ride was in bad shape.

Another car crashed near Akira, who instinctively ducked. Nothing was going right today. With a frustrated groan, he ran over to the wrecked vehicle and opened the drivers side door. "Are you oka- crap!" The woman was pregnant. He pulled her out of the car bridal-style, carrying her away from the damaged vehicle and the open street and followed the other survivors down the alley. There had to be some sort of way upwards other than the ladder, which he couldn't climb while carrying the injured woman. A feeling of relief washed over him as he noticed a fire escape running up the side of the building. Taking two steps at a time, Akira bounded up the stairs, holding the woman's head close so it wouldn't hit anything.

Everything was a blur for a moment. Adeline's head hit the ground. Then she heard Elizabeth yell her name. Adeline supported herself on one knee and stood up and began to run. Adeline took a sharp turn into the alley. But before she could reach the alley and hand grabbed her from behind. Adeline gasped and blindly swung her hammer in that direction. Her hammer hit with a resounding crack on the zombie's head. Adeline flinched as she was splattered with blood. She fumbled backwards until she hit the wall, the zombie still stumbling towards her. She felt the ladder behind her and began to climb as fast as she could. The zombie grabbed her pant leg. Adeline shook it off but the zombie manage to scrape.up her calf. With a grunt Adeline hoisted herself onto the roof.

((Sorry for some reason I didnt get a notification...))

Claire slowly started regaining consciousness as she felt rocked a bit, as she was in someone's arms. She groaned a bit as she held her stomach. Her first thought was about her baby. Considering that she was really, really out of it, she was couldn't tell where she was, but she saw Akira's face, even though it was very, very blurry to her, so she just closed her eyes. "My...My baby...Is she okay?" That was her first question, as she just ignored the fact that she was being held and carried up a set of stairs. "Please...Tell me...Is my baby okay?" She asked weakly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back