• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hannibal Rp (Closed)

SerenaStark

Marvel's Minon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Serena sighed as she walked in the doors of the FBI university. She was rather nervous as her father didn't know she was there and because she wasn't sure if she was going to be smart enough to succeed in this environment. She walked into the classroom that she had been assigned to. It was rather early so there were only about two or three people there. She sat down quietly and brushed a blonde curl behind her ear. As she sat, a few more people began to filter in. A few of them were talking to others but the rest of them just sat silently waiting for their teacher, Professor Graham to arrive.

@Silent Spring

After spending a considerable amount of time trying (and failing) to sleep in his sweat-soaked bed in the wee hours of the morning, Will Graham gave up any notion of unconsciousness and moved to get dressed. He picked his way gently around the dozing dogs to get into the bathroom, vigorously splashing water over his face and dragging his shaking hands through the mess of curls that was only growing messier on his head.

With dogs fed and let out and back in again, Will popped a couple of the aspirin he kept on the bedside table into his mouth, and pocketed the bottle in his blazer before heading out the door to get into his car. The drive to Quantico was just long enough for Will to begin to shake loose from the hazy grip sleeplessness had on his mind, and by the time he pulled into the parking lot designated for professors, he was more or less alert.

Inside, his classroom had already begun to feel. The feeling of eyes watching him as he walked in still made his skin cold, but it was a feeling that dulled over time. After all, all he had to do was talk at them. There was no obligatory socializing required. Will pulled up his presentation on the projector and set up his lecture notes on the desk just beneath the screen and waited for the rest of his class to file in.

Serena waited for what felt like an eternity. Her stomach was in knots as she had lied to her father about going job hunting. Technically she was trying to prepare herself for the job that she had dreamed of since she was a little girl, but it was still a lie and her father was something of a human lie detector.

She saw the teacher walk in quietly and he began setting up for his class. He was younger than she would have thought him to be. She had imagine an older man on the cusp of 60 or so but he appeared to be around her age. She thought to herself and figured she would try to establish herself. She wanted to see detective work in action. Perhaps he could help her set something up.

The day's lesson was long, but not unbearable. Will went into detail about the typical and atypical profiles of serial arsonists, a topic woefully under-taught in BAU hopefuls. It wasn't particularly interesting to Will personally, but the presentation was comprised of the files of at least four different serial arsonists the BAU had caught in the past, and a few of their cases were interesting and unique.

When Will had finished his presentation, he shut the projector down and snapped his computer closed without so much as a 'thank you' or a 'dismissed.' The students who were used to his antisocial demeanor got up and began to leave, but some of he newer students seemed confused until they realized there would be no more teaching. Will gathered up his notes and stuffed them haphazardly into his bag along with his computer, slung the whole mess over his shoulder, and started to make his way toward the classroom exit.

Serena listened as the instructor give his lesson. She took a few notes in her notebook. He had an interesting teaching style to say the least. He didn't make eye contact a lot with his students and didn't give many chances to ask questions. When his lecture ended he didn't say anything as a conclusion. He simply began packing up.

Serena looked about and saw the rest of the students doing the same thing.

Serena listened as the instructor give his lesson. She took a few notes in her notebook. He had an interesting teaching style to say the least. He didn't make eye contact a lot with his students and didn't give many chances to ask questions. When his lecture ended he didn't say anything as a conclusion. He simply began packing up.

Serena looked about and saw the rest of the students doing the same thing. She quickly began to pack up and raced out of the classroom to catch up with him. "Um excuse me," she said as she walked behind him, "Professor Graham?"

Will winced internally at the sound of his name in an unfamiliar voice. He did not stop walking, as most would, but he did lift his head almost imperceptibly to acknowledge the greeting.

The woman pursuing him was a student, a young blonde woman just come from his class. Even with the quick glance he permitted her, Will could tell she was uneasy. Something about being here, in this place, must've felt wrong to her. Will wasn't concerned with the specifics, and instead continued his hurried pace, waiting for her to either catch up and speak, or abandon her pursuit.

She was rather surprised when he kept walking though he did acknowledge her greeting ever so slightly with a glance in her general direction. Serena quickened her pace along with him in a futile attempt to keep up.

"O right um the antisocial thing," she said more to herself than to anyone else, "Um professor I was wondering if I could get some help with experience. Like an internship or something. Or anything really. You see my father doesn't really believe I can be in this line of work but I think I can prove him wrong with this."

Will's pace slowed until he had more or less stopped to speak to her. He had no interest in seeing any more of this girl than he already had, and he had limited power in the BAU due to his not being a real agent of any sort and more of Jack's tool to be picked up and used when necessary, and put back away when not.

"I'm afraid I don't really have that kind of authority," Will replied drily, without remorse. He was looking at the floor, and his shoes, and his bag, and anywhere but the student's face. He was in a hurry to end this little exchange and get home to his fly-tying kit and gang of dogs, and away from the watchful eyes of students and agents alike.

Serena skidded herself to a stop as Professor Graham stopped in front of her. It was odd though. It appeared that he did everything in his power to not make eye contact with her. It was quite bewildering to her. She kept her smile up regardless of his demeanor.

"O ya no that's fine," she replied quickly, "No problem. Um, but would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I just don't want my time here to go to waste, ya know? I don't mean to bother you I just...don't really know who to go to about that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back