• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hand of the All powerful

Annabelle crawled for what felt like forever befoer collapsing again and falling out of concourses. She was completely passes out, and unable to wake if she tried.

Nothing came to Annabelle this time as she lay quietly on the ground in slumber. It would seem as though everything had halted. There was no noise in the mist, and the house did not float any closer or farther than it was when she stopped.

The only difference now was that Annabelle was close to the mountains, where she could possibly climb up to get to the house once she woke. However, there were likely to be monsters like the ones that roamed around in the mist. Possibly even worse. Whatever happened, it wouldn't be happening until she woke from her slumber.

Bell awoke houers later and gathers her thing then she started twkres the mountains again where she began to climb. She climbed slowly for several houers befoer stoping to take a break and check her progress

Bell was about a quarter of the way up one of the Midnight Mountains -- still far from the top -- and nowhere near the flying house. It was still visible and well off into the air, but it hadn't moved this time as she climbed up the mountain. It merely hovered in place on its small land mass and overshadowed the mountain range. It wasn't all the way at the top of the mountain either, but it was far enough away from the mountainside that Annabelle could not simply jump and reach it. She'd have to get creative to find a way to get to the flying house. Maybe something up the mountain could help her.

Upon her walk up the mountain, through the mist Annabelle would be able to see a short old woman hunched over and in a shawl. She was covered in thick clothing and walked with a stick. Her nose was large and long with a wart on it, and her face was barely able to be seen because of the shadows of the hood of her shawl and also the covering of the mist. When Annabelle got close, the old woman asked, "Child, what are you doing here? These mountains are dangerous for those unprepared to deal with monsters from the mist..."

The old woman did not know what Annabelle meant by 'losing her mind', but the curiosity got the best of her. "What do you mean 'lose your mind'? You seem very rational to me... Besides trekking up this mountain alone," the old woman said. "Have you been cursed by a malevolent spirit?" Many different things could have happened, but the old lady was superstitious. "Or perhaps, there is someone troubling you that you must escape from?" She tapped her stick lightly. "Tell me, child, just where are you going up this mountain? Unless you seek the city on the other side, there is nothing for you in the mountains, and you may fall deep into it if you go into a cave." The woman told Bell a crucial piece of information. She didn't seem to be bad, but upon closer inspection... She didn't seem to be human, either. That would explain her nose.

"I need to get to the house mam, the child within had put a curse on my mind for A reason I am afrade I do not know...perhaps I can Detour tho, what is in this Town?" She asked.

Listening to the young Annabelle, the old woman nodded her head and stroked her chin. "House? Why, you couldn't mean..." The old woman suddenly looked terrified, turning slowly toward the floating house that was off to the side of them. "M-Manor Malfortuna?!" Seemed like Tabitha's presence -- or at least her residence -- was known to the people of the land. "Child... You're asking for a death wish, trying to reach Manor Malfortuna," the old woman said. "Not only is it impossible to reach on foot, but it is also the home of the Queen of this land... She watches over the whole land from Manor Malfortuna and keeps order about the city which you wish to go to." The old woman's eyes were wide with shock when she thought of what it meant to be cursed by the Queen. "Whatever the reason she has cursed you, child, it is still a death wish to go inside of her manor without anything to protect yourself, or some special powers."

Now, the old woman was knowledgeable, as she was both inhuman and also elderly, meaning she'd seed and experienced many things. She had information that would be useful to Bell. "The city you wish to reach is named 'La Crysta, the Crystal City of the Dusk'. Sometimes just 'Dusk City'. It is powered by the infinite mist that is all across this continent and is the old place on the whole continent that does not have any mist, and therefore has no monsters. It is highly technologically advanced, and they use things that harness the power of manna and technology together called 'Magitek'." The old woman took a breath, for she was tired from explaining about the city. "It is just over the mountain. The light of the sun does not touch this land at all, and the Blue Moon keeps us in perpetual night. But the people of the city are so advanced that they can probably equip you with what you need if you are planning on attempting to enter... Manor Malfortuna." Even now, the old woman seemed shaken by the thought of anyone willingly going to the Queen's manor.

"I am a Goblin," the woman said, revealing her green face, "And I am the elder of a goblin town that exists on these mountains. My people can help you pass through the mountains without getting attacked by monsters, but we cannot dwell too far away from our home, so we cannot take you all the way to the city, if you wish to go." It was all up to Annabelle at this point. "We know shortcuts among the mountain paths, but as I said, we cannot take you anywhere but the other side of the mountain." She paused. "Are you still going to go to the city, or are you going to attempt to get to Manor Malfortuna on your own right now?"

The old woman nodded her head to Bell, placing her hood back over her head. "As you wish, child." When Annabelle insisted upon compensation, the old goblin woman just laughed a little bit, then said, "Don't die." Her words were ominous, but true; that was what Annabelle could do for her.

The goblin woman started to walk, hoping Bell would follow behind her before she was lost to the mist. Before too long, other goblins emerged from behind rocks and out of a cave, seeming to have been there the whole time. "These are my kinsfolk," the goblin lady said. "We were walking along the road and saw your silhouette in the mist." The woman chuckled some. "We were going to jump you, you know, and I was sent out as a decoy." The goblin folk gathered around the old lady and Annabelle, accompanying them on their walk. "But now that I know what your business is, I feel pity for you and your situation, and want to help you." They would come across a rocky path that was off of the normal pathway up the mountain, and the goblins all started to jump on the rocks. "This way," the old goblin lady said, jumping surprisingly far for her age. The rocks weren't that far apart and were very large, so Bell could easily jump from each one and walk along them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back