• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern HAND of Fate! Superheroes and Mutants

Pariah Stark

The Sad Reality

P7LKKL.jpg

Does a toned-down, nitty-gritty superhero roleplay peak your curiosity? HAND of Fate is exactly that at a detailed level! The roleplay will be centered around two-person teams that occasionally group with other teams for larger assignments. I'd like to think of it as a vintage Men In Black feel... with mutants instead of aliens. That's not all, though! Jazz music, old school mobsers like Al Capone and hell what would it all be without the mafia teaming up with some mutant baddies? Oh, and that's just the tip of this iceberg.

Sound interesting?

Everything is ready to make characters. The IC launches as soon as (if not already) I get the teams to plot the first assignments. Any questions? Drop'm in the OOC and we'll see if I have answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have definitely caught my interest. I'll be lurking for the time being though. =w= b

Update: I have created two characters already. One is a Mentor, one is a Rookie. As of now, anyone who makes a character for either slot can immediately be paired with one of mine and we can begin. Since the roleplay only starts with pairs of two before larger groups are made (for the sake of versatility, so that you always get to interact with new people while also forging great character development with another), that means all someone has to do is match me to begin. :D Character creation isn't really all that difficult, either. My CS is heavily coded, buuuut, it's a cakewalk. Also, take any liberties you want with adding to/editing it - I just want it to have the basic information presented. One request is that the large block with your codename in it remain there, however, feel free to edit it however you want in terms of color, border, background, etc. I just want it there so I can scroll through characters and easily find the one I want. :D

Alright! So, I've spent a majority of the morning doing a FULL revamp of the Overview and Lore (HAND Agent Field Guide), and personally, I think they look considerably better. Everything is easier to read (in my opinion), looks a lot better with solid themes and pictures and I did my best to actually make the field guide sort've look like a book. I tried accordion vs tabs, but accordion came out on top due to the functionality and the cleaner look to it. Tabs were cool and actually made it feel more book-like, but had a lot less versatility and didn't work as well with the rows. Anyway, less coding talk (unless Mr. Yuu wants to give input, since he's the resident codemaster) and more about the only thing I didn't really touch: the character sign-up tab. I actually kept this one fairly plain and simple. A lot of black and white boxes, some slides for useful information and the character template. While I loved shaping the other pages, I want to keep character creation as fundamentally simple as I can. Unless I directly add information to it, don't expect it to change. Tho, if there is something you want, you could toss me the idea and I miiiiight add it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back