• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hancock: Heroes (Unwanted)

Serenity_Black

Cappuccino Queen
We have lived for thousands of years. Over time we have had many names, gods, angels... but now we are called superheroes (Thanks Hancock). At one time there were many of us, now we have dwindled, but one of us has stepped into the light, one who uses the name of Hancock. Though he had a rocky start, and was called a nuisance, now the humans revere him as a hero, maybe it is time for the rest of us to come out of the shadows? Maybe we won't have a choice.

Okay, so... the idea is that there ARE more superheros like Hancock and Mary (and no, it is not an option to know or play those characters, they will not be in the RP), and now it is time to come out of the shadows and become something, some might be heroes, and some might be villains. Of course since we're following this idea, yes there will be soul mates, so you will either have to avoid that character, or decide to be with them and allow your powers to fade away and become mortal. Others may attempt to live in the shadows

I might be interested and it been so long since I watch hancock. Do I have to re-watch it or you can give us a basics ? Also If I do Female character . Can her soul mate be female ? Instead male

[QUOTE="dela agius]I might be interested and it been so long since I watch hancock. Do I have to re-watch it or you can give us a basics ? Also If I do Female character . Can her soul mate be female ? Instead male

[/QUOTE]
You can rewatch it if you want, but as I remember they didn't really give a lot of information about their pasts, so it's just kind of guess work. But we will go over the basics. As for the female character question, it's fine, but it would probably be more of a rarity, so it will probably be more male/female pairings than others. So I will allow a few same sex pairings. Do you have someone in mind that would want to play your soulmate, or will you play both, or just pick someone?

Well I Guess I either play both or just see if anyone would be interested . And why would it be rarity ?

[QUOTE="dela agius]Well I Guess I either play both or just see if anyone would be interested . And why would it be rarity ?

[/QUOTE]
Rare because majority population is heterosexual.

(Is in cohorts with the OP)

[QUOTE="dela agius]But Do they state in the movie that a majority of their race is heterosexual ?

[/QUOTE]
No they do not. But in general population homosexuality is maybe one in ten so we are basing it off of humans which are the closest we have to comparison for them.

Redemption said:
No they do not. But in general population homosexuality is maybe one in ten so we are basing it off of humans which are the closest we have to comparison for them.
Well in comparison being homosexual ain't rare. So If your trying to compare it to human then it shouldn't be rare then. And The reason I am being a bit touchy on the subject as I am homosexual myself .

[QUOTE="dela agius]Well in comparison being homosexual ain't rare. So If your trying to compare it to human then it shouldn't be rare then. And The reason I am being a bit touchy on the subject as I am homosexual myself .

[/QUOTE]
My mistake on wording. I was going to amend it in my response but got distracted helping to adjust other aspects. I should have used the word uncommon prior, being a bisexy man myself I understand and apologize for the oversight.

It okay. All-though I don't like the word uncommon . I prefer it then rare :) . Thanks.. I Also have another thing I wish to state. its that we only have 2 powers . Why ? Shouldn't the rp be as-loyal as the story ?

[QUOTE="dela agius]It okay. All-though I don't like the word uncommon . I prefer it then rare :) . Thanks.. I Also have another thing I wish to state. its that we only have 2 powers . Why ? Shouldn't the rp be as-loyal as the story ?

[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I just hate the English language in general. So many definitions for the same word and interchangeability of words that maybe aren't so interchangeable.

And we would love to have it just like the story, though to be honest we don't have specifics as to what the others are like, the sampling was only two of this population and specific circumstances on top of that. Too bad they never did the sequel, we would have more to work with and around. We do limit it to three abilities though on top of the immortality and hard to mess up factor, this is to keep things in check because these characters can be easily over powered. We have no issues with the 'heroes' being generally stronger and better all around than humans but if everyone has crazy strength, can hear anything anywhere, and all these powers that are easily matched with one another it might not be as fun (and controllable).

Maybe we can move this conversation to the OCC of the rp and try to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back