• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Halp!

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer
Roleplay Type(s)
I really dont know if this is a bug but this just started recently where I would refresh the page of RPN and all of a sudden the page breaks for like a few seconds before responding. I know its not my browser because im on other rp sites (2) and they dont do what rpn is doing. Think of the loading as like...: -----&----- the & represents the kink I get when it loads. I dont know how or why but..its a bit annoying >.<

My guess would be a slow loading time. I've never encountered this myself though.

The funny thing is, it loads the page, but then it stops responding on the tab itself. ;-;

Are you referring to the double scrollbar? That is the only "abnormality" that I can replicate with my PC. It's happened to me since the site's most recent layout update.

Don't worry about it.

Out of curiosity, what browser are you currently using?

IE but i've been using IE ever since I joined and only had tiny problems which were fixed/fixed themselves. I think this is the first real problem I had since the new layout

Britt, sometimes there are hiccups when loading various parts of a site. It could be the stylesheet, it could be the scripts, it's probably not the HTML. If you haven't done so already, I suggest checking that your web browser is up to date. If you're able to do so, test RPN in a different web browser and see if the same issue occurs.

a screenshot? I dont think if thats possible.... xD

welian said:
Britt, sometimes there are hiccups when loading various parts of a site. It could be the stylesheet, it could be the scripts, it's probably not the HTML. If you haven't done so already, I suggest checking that your web browser is up to date. If you're able to do so, test RPN in a different web browser and see if the same issue occurs.
its only on some pages though..when im refreshing a thread/PM its fine, but in some places it'll do that kink

I would suggest using a different browser and see if that changes anything.

If you are using a PC, there should be a 'prt sc' button somewhere on your keyboard. While the page is loading, press it. Then, upload the image somewhere and post it onto the site if it is possible.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]its only on some pages though..when im refreshing a thread/PM its fine, but in some places it'll do that kink

[/QUOTE]
Good! That narrows it down. It's probably a script that IE is having trouble with that is on those particular pages.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]still want a screenshot of what the non-responding thingy looks like or?

[/QUOTE]
If you can nab it, that would be fantastic.

zvcvcx10.png
thats all I could grab of it. If I clicked on the tab, the page wouldnt be there, it'll just be pure black

Eeeeeeexcellent.... I've had that hanging happen to me before, not on RPN but on other sites. I'm fairly certain it's an issue with loading certain scripts. Unfortunately, I don't know what you can do about it. You can try making sure your browser is updated, restarting your computer, maybe clearing your cache. That would be a good place to start.

If the list that welian mentioned does not work, try another browser (Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox). You seem to be using an older version of IE. I tried for a good solid 10 minutes looking for my IE on my PC and it's now called Microsoft Edge. It worked fine, so it is probably an issue about an outdated browser as welian suggested.

The reason why I dont wanna update my IE is because I tried...was it 11? idk but it looked HORRIBLE and broke most of the sites I was on. So I stuck with this version. If anything, i'll TRY to move to firefox xD but im not ready

-shrugs- It's definitely something worth trying if it something you're truly concerned about. Otherwise, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use the older browser, as long as it's not interrupting your enjoyment of the site!

[QUOTE="Britt-21]The reason why I dont wanna update my IE is because I tried...was it 11? idk but it looked HORRIBLE and broke most of the sites I was on. So I stuck with this version. If anything, i'll TRY to move to firefox xD but im not ready

[/QUOTE]
That's fair. I would suggest you also look into the Opera browser. It runs lighter than Firefox or Chrome, and tends to have excellent compatibility.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]I heard that was a bad browser O.o

[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah Opera used to be shit. But they fixed a lot of that in the past year or two. Anyways, get back to me on that load hang, okay? I want to make sure yourre able to use the site properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back