• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Halo: Companions

1stLt HChurch

Just call me Church
How do you guys like the idea of a small squad of Spartans (mainly IV's, as well as III's if someone wants to be one, but no II's) that all have A.I.'s? As like a type of test after ONI figured out how to make more A.I. programs in a quicker fashion. Obviously, this wouldn't be able to happen in the game or lore as of now, but I think this would be a cool idea to rp. Also, well, I have a soft spot for A.I.'s and love rping them. So I can't really help but at least trying this.

So, in this rp, each Spartan will receive an A.I. These Spartans are of a select, trusted few chosen by they skills and mindset, as well as level of sanity since they will be housing A.I., used to try and test what would result if more A.I. were deployed in the field with Spartans. Of course, the A.I. in this won't be quite as smart and talented as BB or Cortana to make up for the fact of their abundance, but they are still very useful and have quite the personality.

That's all I have so far. This rp won't have a set story line either, other than that it might mainly start with the characters going out on missions and such to get the ball rolling. So if you have any other ideas, hit me. I'm all ears.

Two more things: since I don't have an Xbox One or 360 anymore (*cries*), I don't know what all happened in Halo 5. I don't care much if you spoil it for me or anything, but just know that I don't know what has happened in the game aside from the trailers shown (as well as all of season one and three episodes of season two of Hunt the Truth, but I've heard that stuff from that series doesn't show much in the game itself). All I know are the previous games, as well as five of the books (which are Fall of Reach, Ghosts of Onyx, Glasslands, Thursday War, and Mortal Dictata. I'm reading First Strike right now). I don't know everything up to date, but I know some info at least. So, for the sake of that, lets just say that this rp will start around the year 2557 or 58. The other thing I will say is that I will be picking two people to help me run this rp, three if I have to. The reason is because I am on my senior year of high school and am kinda busy with stuff. I would forgo this rp, but the lack of running Halo rp's on this site saddens me, as that was the kind of rp that got me starting with rping on another site five years ago. So I want to at least try this, and leave it in the hands of a few others to run when I can't myself. I will choose who else will help me based mainly on the info in and quality of the players' CS', as well as some other stuff. If you don't want to help, that's just fine with me. Just make sure to inform me about that so I'll know.

Okay! So what do y'all think about it? Do you want to make it happen? Have any other ideas for this? I'm here to listen. Albeit, I'm stubborn, but I'm still here to listen.

[QUOTE="1stLt HChurch]Go ahead. I'd love to hear it.

[/QUOTE]
So with these AI being (kind-of) mass produced I think it would be a good idea for them to be flawed in someway other than just the intelligence. My idea was at random times the AI has the effects of Rampancy as a side effect from the new ONI way. So if the AI was normally calm it could go angry for no reason (anger being the second stage of Rampancy) before returning to its calm state. However the big thing is that he AI are not going through rampancy and it is in fact a side effect of the new ONI way to make AI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I like that. Of course, they couldn't go too mental, because then that could affect the mental health of their host, but having them snap occasionally is a very good idea. It shows the affects of how they were made, almost like how the Spartan III's are more prone to violent outbursts and mental disabilities since they weren't specifically chosen like the II's were. Also, the A.I. could also not be able to take as much of a load of stuff to do and run compared to the older A.I. already in the story, as well not be able to split themselves into as many areas. They can still do a lot, they just can't handle quite as much before they start to become overworked and burn out temporarily.

hmm, I guess you've seen RvB. We could do kind of what the free lancers had with their AI with the armor abilities. So each AI gives us a different ability however what would make this good is that with the AI going on random rampancy sometimes the armor abilities would drop at bad times.

Oh, I've seen RvB. I've been a fan of Halo longer, but I've been watching RvB for five years. In fact, even though I know RvB doesn't portray A.I. in the most correct way, that is still were my want for this came from.

I like that idea, where the characters have an armor enhancement that goes with the A.I. that they are assigned to. And so the enhancement will be affected when the A.I. have an episode. That way, the Spartans will still have their A.I. and enhancements to use, but they will still learn to not depend on them, for they never know when their little friend will have some problems and temporarily become useless to them.

So, if this rp will happen, should we start it with the Spartans going out on missions and such? Then something can happen on a mission or whatnot to make it interesting, and then the story goes from there? And it seems like it might be interesting if the first post for each character is them testing their A.I. and enhancement for the first time once they have received them, just to get a feel for them.

Here's something that I'm wondering, though: should the Spartans have one or two enhancements? Like, one can be their primary and stronger enhancement, and the other is weaker and not as easy for their A.I. to run but it is still useful. Or they just have one enhancement to use. I know that it is more probable that they will only have one enhancement, but still want to juggle the two options around to see what would be best.

I know I should probably just let this die like it was already starting to, but I just want to give it one final revival bump before I give up on it completely. Any takers in this?

I myself am very interested, I just don't know if I will have the time...

If you're okay with someone who may not be able to post everyday, then I'd love to join! RVB is easily my favorite online series, and I fell in love with the Freelancer Saga~ (that's what I call it.) To be honest, I almost passed this off till I read the part of your discussion where you involved similar aspects from the show, to this RP.

It's a shame to see this die so quickly...but I'm on board! Maybe one or two others will tag along as well?

Don't worry, I'm busy as well. I never expect people to reply instantaneously. That's just cruel. So, sure, as long as your are willing to rp, I would love it if this actually went somewhere. I won't actually make it unless at least two or three more people have some interest in it as well, just to make sure it will actually get anywhere. I also still need to actually make the damn thing, which might take a while.

I just had to at least try this idea, because I love Halo, which got me into RvB. And, like I said, I am a sucker for A.I. and people working with them. I mean, come on, Church has been my favorite character since I started watching the show five years ago (you can probably imagine how I handled the final for season 13. It wasn't pretty). And all of the other Freelancer A.I. are very intriguing as well, along with an A.I. named BB from the Halo books (who also just so happens to be a snark. I tend to gravitate towards smart yet snarky characters. Wash is another example. They're just funny to me, I guess). I'm just really glad that you're interested in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've wondered if people would be interested in a Halo Rp and now I have my answer,count me in too....as long as I don't " End up like Florida...Poor Florida.." As for me Tucker And Maine were my favorite characters

I have this unhealthy admiration for Church and Wash. York and Tucker are next in line, with Carolina, Grif, and Doc close behind. And, goddamn, is 479er funny as hell. But the former two screeching idiots definitely are my favorites. They have been since I was a new fan. Their complex stories play a huge role in that. Also, I just can't help but love 'em.

And as for the Halo rp part, I really am sad at the lack of anything Halo rp's on this site. I've been a fan of Halo longer than I have been of RvB, and its what got me into RvB and rping in the first place. So I wanted to make a Halo rp of my own and add a little spin to it.

I'll start working on the actual rp next week once I'm on thanksgiving break (because I will be doing lots of driving), just in case more people join. I feel like making the thread anyway and seeing if more people will be interested once it's made. I have a feeling that might happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back