• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hades and Persephone (w/ClumsyStageManager)

Sasil

May the Dread Wolf take you.

Watching. Waiting. Patience.

That was all he had to do.

For when you love someone, you must be willing push past all the barriers.

Who cares what she may lose?

As long as it was with him.

Nothing else matters.

With me she will stay forever.

Don’t deny me, understand that I… I am a monster.

I am a monster.

“So the roses go to Yian…Did the man get in trouble with his wife again?” Persephone asked mindlessly to her mother as she sorted through the delivers of the day. Demeter ignored her daughter watching the flowers for a moment before turning back into the conversation. Flashing a smile towards her.

“Yes, perhaps he has. But I’m not about to question his motives if it means that he buys flowers, right Persephone?” she added causing Persephone to flinch nodding her head along.

“Of course. Well, hopefully with these he will get out at least a little bit.” She smiled before holing the lovely bouquet in her arms, she cradled the flowers to her chest, treating them like her own child. A wrong move would prove to be disastrous in the eyes of the lovely flowers. That was the last thing Persephone would want to do. “This the only delivery for the day?” she asked her mother who had made her way behind the counter.

“So far. Hurry back though I don’t want you to be out to long. Don’t talk to anyone either.” Demeter said with a serious tone in her voice frowning towards her daughter. She knew very well that Persephone had a habit of running off and doing her own thing after a delivery.

“Of course mother.” She spoke in her normal sing song voice hurrying out of the store and down the rode she normally walked. A light breeze blew past her cheek causing her to smile as she looked up to the sky.

“Such a beautiful day.” Tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear Persephone hurried down the worn path.

Hades was pacing around his throne room, he was wearing a black toga with gold trim. Things had been well dead in the Underworld lately and not in a good way. Trying to think of ways to liven things up was proving more difficult than he had originally thought. There were the furies and the fates who were welcome in his realm, but they kind of had their own thing going on. "What was it Zeus was saying.." he pondered, it had been several decades since his last visit to Olympus.

"That was it, You should get a wife hahahaha."
Hades said doing an unfaltering impression of his brother. But, then again maybe he had a point nothing else was working and Zeus was supposed to be wise...Might as well see what he has to say when I tell him I am actually considering taking his advice. This required a trip to Olympus, and well Zeus was a ladies man; not that anyone with half a brain would mention that to Hera the old bat.

Hades arrived and was greeted by his brother,
"Hades, long time. What brings you up here?" Hades cringed, there was nothing worse than feeding his ego but here goes nothing, "Actually I was doing some thinking and you might be right, I should get a wife." Zeus stared at Hades in disbelief, Hades was kind of a hermit, and the girl was more than likely going to have to spend most of her time in the Underworld he was hopeless.

Being family Zeus decided the only way for Hades to have a wife was to give him one of his own daughters but which one, Zeus smiled she could be perfect.
"Hades, it makes me happy to see your finally listening to me, and I have the perfect girl to marry you." "Really, well that's a surprise; who is she?" Hades asked cautiously. "Persephone, my daughter! You and she'll make a great pair." Zeus happily replied. Now Hades was the one staring in disbelief. Yeah that was going to go great, there was no way Persephone would willingly come to the underworld with him or her over baring mother would let her leave the flower shop they ran. On the other hand he had his brother's blessing and that was all that really mattered, so he would just abduct the girl and take her to the Underworld and tell her this was her father's idea. That, that could actually work. "Zeus, I absolutely agree with you, I can't wait to go and spend eternity with her." Hades smiled, while working out the best way to go about kidnapping a Goddess.

They shook hands and Hades left. The sooner he got to Persephone the sooner he could get back home, and there was less chance of having to deal with
Demeter. Hades headed towards the flower shop but kept a good distance didn't want to get to close. Not to mention it looked like Persephone wasn't even there. Just great well he headed down the worn path a ways odds were she would come back on this road and there were some nice wild flowers to look at. He ventured off the path and sat in the shade of a tree, watching and waiting for her to come down the path.

Persephone wandered down the warn path into town, the flowers she clutched close to her chest. Living a little out of town could prove to be a pain—at least for some people but she loved the walk. It was close to a forest she found herself always getting lost in. And she wasn’t talking about the bad kind of lost but the kind of lost that one enjoys being with yourself—your very thoughts.

Being alone was something Persephone had grown accustomed too. She loved the feeling of being alone. Doing what she wanted and when she wanted, as long as her mother allowed it. Though it proved to be a little repetitive.

Perhaps one day she would get to see something, do something interesting. Perhaps her mother would allow her to do something worth getting up in the morning. Maybe, just maybe one day she would be allowed to have some friends and make her own decisions.

“That may never happen.” Persephone mumbled to herself looking down to her feet and sighing to herself.

It was a few hours later that Persephone left the house of the Yian. “Hopefully that will keep you out of trouble.” She spoke Yian chuckled under his breath shaking his head.

“One can hope. Be careful walking back sweet Persephone.” He spoke bidding her farewell. With one last nod she hurried back towards the house. She stopped near the field of flowers though finding herself drawn to them. The sun was shining and the light breeze allowed her normal smile to spread across her cheeks.

With a spin of happiness she quickly feel to the flowers staring at the sky, her orange fire hair spilling out around her head.

“What could ruin a day like this?” she asked herself closing her blue eyes.

Hades continued to wait and wait. He was growing more impatient; he didn't like being here he like the Underworld. Although there was some nice senery, there where gardens in the Underworld and some orchards too. He did appreciate things in nature, but things were just to bright topside for his liking.

He finally spied someone furthein up on the path, a woman she had gone off the path to look at the flowers. That had to be her; who else would be on this path. Hades changed his appearance, a toga is kinda of a give away that he was a god of sorts and well most gods didn't like very much. So he now looked like an eighteen year old, in a plain black t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and black converse shoes.

He carefully approached the woman, getting closer he knew she was his prey. He did his best to look innocent, and none threatening. Finally he came to where she was laying in the flowers. "Miss, are you alright?" He asked. Tilting his head as he looked at her she was beautiful. She will make an excellent addition to the Underworld. Odds were she wouldn't know who he was he hadn't been away from the Underworld in quite some time, but he was ready to grab her if she tried to run.

He would much rather lure her away with the promise of more beautiful flowers in the forest. Then once they were in deep enough he would grab her; reveal who he was and listen to her scream as he spirited her away to the Underworld, where she would remain for all eternity as his bride. He couldn't help but smile a little to himself.

Persephone had her eyes closed when a sudden voice broke the silence she had grown accustomed too. Peering through squinted eyelids she saw a young mean leaning over her. “Oh yes, quite.” She admitted sitting up and fixing her hair before standing to her feet. Brushing off her clothes she finally turned her attention to the young man who had found her while enjoying the sun’s rays.

“You must be enjoying the sun like me, it is incredible warm for a fall day.” She admitted taking a deep breath and turning her back to the man while she looked around once more. Her home wasn’t far if anything strange happened while conversing with this man she could run away and her mother would more than likely come to her rescue.

But she wasn’t afraid; this was probably one of the first conversations she had had with a man in a very long time.

“My apologies, but I don’t know who you are?” she asked tilting her head to the side examining the dark haired boy. There was something…awfully peculiar about this man. But she couldn’t put her finger on exactly what it was.

“I’m Persephone.”
The proper introductions always made a person feel welcome right? This way she could get to know the name of her stranger. Once she had a name he wouldn’t be a stranger anymore! For that reason alone Persephone could feel the excitement burning in her chest, while meeting new people frightened her, being left alone was something she feared more.

Hades did not like the fact that it was hot and sunny but she couldn't know that. Had to be "normal" and that ment liking thith sort of weather. Things seemed to be going well, so far. Hades smiled, "I'm Herald," he answered, " it's nice to meet you Persephone. It is a nice day, but I not just out for that; there are some interesting and beautiful things in the forest, but you've probably already seen them." He sighed doing he best to sound a little defeated. Maybe if I play to her sweet caring side she will pity me, come see what I have waiting for her.

Herald of all the things he could have called himself he went with that. Not that there anything wrong with the name it just well it didn't have a ring to it. Oh well to late now. Focus on being young and harmless don't get distracted from your goal.
"But if you haven't see the blue rose bush, I would be happy to show it to you." He added with a soft smile.

Hades hoped he was convincing, the sooner she trusted him the sooner they would both be in his home. Who knows maybe even have a get together with the Fates and Furies to welcome his new bride; to her new home. Yes, that could be nice; maybe a stroll by the river styx.

He smiled things were already looking up, but he knew one shouldn't count one's chickens before they hatched. Often the one who was patient and on gaurd was the victor. He look at the flowers and trees waiting to see how Persephone would repond, to his offer.

Persephone gave another large smile towards the man. “Herald. That’s an odd name. Not a bad one, just…Not a name many people have. Though I suppose Persephone s no better.” She chuckled shaking her head at her rambling. It was something she often did when she was nervous of the situation she found herself in.

“I go into the forest all the time, well at least when my mother isn’t looking. It’s a peaceful place there.” She admitted taking a deep breath and looking towards the forest before him again. he looked, somewhat defeated that she had been in the forest before. Almost instantly she felt bad for saying anything. Walking up to him she put a hand on his shoulder shaking her head.

“Blue rose? I don’t think I have seen that one. Is it very deep in the forest?” she asked taking her hand off his cold shoulder. Odd, he seemed…really cold even with being in the sunlight.

Biting her lip she weighed going into the forest at that very moment. On one hand she would do anything to see something different; and a blue rose was something she hadn’t seen yet. But her mother would worry and grow angry if she did not hurry back to her side in their home/store.

But this was her chance to see something exciting; with someone new. So with throwing caution to the wind she nodded finally.

“Yes, I would like to come with you. Just quickly though.” She added starting to walk towards the forest turning to look at him. “Are you coming?”

He smiled, good it was working. He was a slightly surprised that she had touched him even just on the shoulder; being the god of the Underworld people and gods alike usually avoided touching him. He smiled "I like the name Persephone, and it isn't too far." He happily replied. Hades walked up to her pleased things were progressing as planned.

He thought about holding her hand ,but decided against it. He knew his touch was cold and he didn't need her asking any unnecessary questions.
"Oh and we will be quick." He added, as they entered the forest. It wasn't a lie per se, they would be quick. She just wouldn't see any blue roses, he hoped they didn't grow wild. He wasn't the most knowledgeable when it came to flowers.

He smiled he half expected her to be full of questions, then again with a mother like hers she was probably looking for an excuse to go on any adventure even a short one. He accidentally let a chuckle escape, while he thought, she was going to have an adventure alright, just not the one she'd planned.
"It's not to much further." He said hoping she hadn't heard him laugh.

Just a little further he thought, and you'll be mine. It was almost a shame how easy things were going. Then again the Trojans thought they'd won that war, and then Athena ' little pet came up with that horse.
"We' re almost there, the roses are really extraordinary." He said not wanting her to get suspicious or concerned.

Persephone followed Herald deeper into the forest. Though it was deeper the sun still shone through the tree leaves, animals could be heard scurrying around on the forest floor and high up in the branches. Perhaps they were running from the sudden intruder in their forest. Quite possible, Herald didn’t seem like someone who walked in the forest very often.

“I always thought Blue roses were something the Gods only had. If I found one my mother would more then happily pay a high price for them.” She spoke thinking out loud.

As they kept walking they went deeper and deeper soon they passed the part of the forest that Persephone normally visited; entering the darker parts of it. The part that feared her the most. It had unnamed beasts and was said to be cursed—at least that was what her mother would say. More than likely she said it just to keep Persephone out of it. Getting lost would mean trouble for her mother.

“Are you sure you know where you are going?” She asked rubbing her shoulders, and slowly her steps into the forest. “This doesn’t seem like somewhere a rose would grow—not enough sunlight or water would get through this dense of tree coverage.” She mumbled stopping completely and looking up to the high tops.

After she spoke Hades turned around and looked at her, "You know what I think your right." He replied. He grabbed her arm sighed, pulled her close and wispered, "Oh and I would much rather you call me Hades." He moved away slightly still holding her arm , he just wanted to see the fear in her eyes really, maybe hear her scream.

He quickly opened a portal to the Underworld, and pulled Persephone through it with him. Once through he let her go, once she calms down a bit I'll tell her what her daddy said. Oh I really should get him a father of the year mug or something Hades mused.
"My dear Persephone, before I forget, you can't leave not unless well I let you. But seeing as you are my wife, I just don't forsee that happening. " He laughed.

He waited and for the shocked, surprise, maybe even horror to appear on her face. This had been a great day despite having to see Zeus and remain topside for longer than he would have like. Dare he say let alone think he was actually very happy he hadn't been this happy in years. He gave her a cruel smile. It's good to be home he thought.

Persephone flinched; she flinched so hard when he moved so suddenly that her breath was caught in her chest, his cold hand on her arm stole the last of it. What had he been telling her? Hades. The fear appeared on her face. It couldn’t be the Ruler of the Underworld—he never left his cold prison of death. He had a job there, he had been more then happy—or so she had been told.

But from the look on his face the moment he opened the portal she knew that wasn’t the case. He wasn’t going to be happy till she was in the dark place with him. “Please! Wh-Why are you doing this?” she whispered a few tears streaming down her face as the world beneath them seemed to collapse and they fell. Persephone tried to pull her grasp away from him to escape to the ground just out of reach but the moment she almost did the world closed and the pitch black engulfed her eyes clouding her vision.

Once her eyes adjusted as well as they could she collapsed to the ground scurrying away from the man who stood in front of her—very much afraid but fighting the urge to cry in front of him.

“Why have you done this? I couldn’t be your wife—you do not have the blessing of my parents nor has a ceremony been put in place.” She spoke trying to be brave but it sounded too wimpy like a squeak of a mouse towards a cat with a smug look; about to catch their pray.

“It’s too dark...I don’t like the dark.” She whispered covering her eyes and pulling her knees to her face to hide the look of fear from the man. She didn’t want to show her fear—but it was to late for that.

"You don't like the dark, well that's easy to fix." He replied, he snapped his fingers and a fire came roaring to life on the other side of the throne room, and the torches on the twelve pillars sparked to life. Hades smirked oh this was just what he needed. She was going to be oh so much fun to play with.

"As far as your parents are concerned, your
wonderful father thought we'd be a good match. The ceremony can wait until you get more accustomed, to your new home." Hades smiled. Perhaps the stroll have to wait until she had calmed down a bit. As much as he wanted to stay and watch her, he did have things to tend to.

Before he got started though he thought it best to try and find some common ground, help her come to terms with her situation.
"There are gardens here, and orchards as well, you can go walk in those if you like, just go out the door and head west." He told her.

He sighed and sat on his throne, picking up a stack of papers that were on a small table next to the throne. He scanned some quickly, other he took his time with. After getting some work done he glanced up to see how, sweet innocent Persephone was adjusting, or if she had gone out into the gardens.

Easy to fix? Wasn’t the underworld made to be dark and menacing? That was what Persephone had always thought was the case. But sure enough, true to his word, Hades brought a little light to the darkness. It wasn’t the best light considering it was just torches that caused more shadows but it was better than nothing she supposed.

“Thanks for the light.” She mumbled wiping her face and taking a deep breath. Standing to feet she almost wanted to sit back down when he mentioned her father. Zeus. Yes, she had been told about him a few times—not often though considering her mother wasn’t a fan of the man.

“Why would my father send me to marry a monster?” She thought watching him closely before taking another breath. He seemed like he was enjoying her pain, but why wasn’t she surprised? He dealt with the dead for all entirety.

Many questions swam in her mind but all she wanted to do was get away from the man, she wanted to be alone. Pity she yearned for company other than her mother’s for so long and here she was; having that dream fulfilled only to wish it gone from her sight.

But if what he said was true…Persephone would never see the light again. A knot formed in her stomach at the sheer thought of it.

At the mention of orchards and fields Persephone nodded her head ignoring him as she walked by. She was still not going to give him the impression she was to afraid—besides perhaps there was still hope. If she wandered enough in this Godless place maybe she could find a way out.

It could happen right?

Walking for awhile seeing the stone walls and torches that lit up while she walked soon she found herself door that she hoped was what Hades had been talking about. Placing her hand on the cold wood she flinched ever so slightly when it creaked open.

To her amazement she noticed a field alright—but it wasn’t like the ones on earth. This was a dark sky and the grass seemed to be a dark shade of green, almost black. No flowers seemed to grow here due to lack of sun and trees were non existent.

A place of just dead grass; she supposed she shouldn’t have been surprised but she was.

Making her way to a rock Persephone sat on it looking up to the ceiling, or was it the sky? She couldn’t really tell. No sparkles of the stars greeted her so perhaps not.

“Why would my father think this man would be a goo pair for me? What have I done to deserve this?’ she whispered to herself feeling a tear stream down her cheek. “I hope mother is alright, if only I could get a message to her.”

So she left after all Hades mused, well that's good. It wasn't good to stay all cooped up, all the time. He left her alone until he got his work done. He stretched, and left to find Persephone. She probably didn't get too, far and he hadn't heard Cerberus growl or anything.

He headed to the gardens, nothing quite like this anywhere else. Why would anyone want to leave here? He walked bare foot through the grass. He wondered if she would try to escape. Probably, well she'll find out sooner or later that's easier said than done.

There she was sitting on a rock, he walked to her "I know, it's going to take you some time to settle in, but it's not that bad. Oh you will want to stay away from the pools one of them erases your memories." He said, and looked around at his dark garden and smiled there was death and decay. "Just going to go out on a limb here, but I am guessing you would rather see some of the living flora and fauna, I would be happy to show, if you're interested." He suggested look off into the gloom. Probably best to avoid,the pools, and Cerberus for now then again who didn't like dogs, sure he had three heads, and was more of a gaurd dog then a family pet, but that made him even better.

Persephone found herself sitting and staring at the ground playing with a lose piece of grass between her fingers. “Perhaps I could make the flowers grow…But that still needs sunlight and this place has anything but that.” She mumbled to herself.

Mussing herself really wasn’t working that well for her at the moment. She found herself falling into a pit of despair in her own mind. But perhaps she could go exploring. As long as she stayed away from Hades for a long time things would be alright.

Course that thought disappeared when his voice cut through the eerie silence. Looking up at him she frowned rolling her eyes. Why was he acting like this was al alright? Oh right, he was an evil son of a bitch that was what.

“Perhaps it would be best to forget everything.” She mumbled under her breath. At least then she wouldn’t miss the world above so much. That idea would have to stay in the back of her mind just in case things got to bad.

“Your limb is correct but I don’t think anything you could show me would make me feel any better about being here. You stole me from my world, keeping me here against my will.” She hissed glaring at him.

‘But seeing as I have nothing else to do I will walk with you. Just don’t even think about touching me.”
She warned taking a few steps back. Where had the spunk come from? Never had she spoken to anyone like that let alone the king of hell. He could throw her into the River Styx if he so wanted too. Hopefully this new spunk would leave and she would resume the person she was before.

“Lead on my Lord.” She spoke taking a breath and crossing her arms over her chest.

Hades smirked so she had some fight in her after all. That was good it wasn't fun when they just gave up and accepted their fate. " Yes, yes I'm a cold heartless bastard who imprisoned you, you're going to have to do better than that to wound me." He started walking, and gestured for her to follow.

"Oh, and don't flatter yourself, it's really not attractive." He chuckled, like she could tell him what to do. He ruled this wondrous void. He continued to walk on. He thought she might enjoy the pomegranates. They were alive, well for the time being he was going to have to get more of them, he quite like pomegranates.

Things didn't last long in the Underworld, well unless you belonged there that was, or were a god, but none of the other gods seemed to like it here except for Hades. The doom and dread that filled the air it was like a symphony to him. Though it probably depressed anyone who dared enter his realm.

Hades was almost skipping through the dead grass and wilting flowers.
"I do like that you called me "my lord", you should do more often." He teased. It had been a long time since he had had this much fun. Tormenting the living had some real perks to it.

Persephone closed her mouth when she realized that he was taking much pleasure in the way she was fighting back. He enjoyed that she was callng him ‘My Lord’ and all of these things considered she just wanted to kick him in the nuts. But that probably wasn’t something she would ever do.

Persephone just wasn’t that kind of person and while her heart was slowly going into distress from her predicament she wasn’t going to resort to violence. Even if it would probably, at the time, feel great.

Even though he said he wouldn’t touch her, though she hardly took his word for it, she kept her arms crossed over her chest as she followed her new ‘Lord’ through the wilting grass. Looking behind her she saw her steps of green, attempts of grass trying to spread across the underworld. But nothing came—nothing would in this dark realm she supposed.

A sweet smell caught her by surprise though—Pomegranates? They smelt sweet and delectable. “I don’t know if I want to call you that if it gives you so much pleasure.” Persephone added still keeping her eyes on the trees that bore the fruit.

“Why would you keep these down here anyways? Does even the God of the Underworld fancy sweet things?”
she asked actually interested in what he had to say on the matter.

Well well, she's going fight tooth and nail to the end so it seemed. "What ever you say honey. Oh and yes I do like sweet things, pomegranates are better than ambrosia at least they are to me." He was curious why she had taken an interest in his taste in food. Probably just to see what would be available to her in terms of living plants.

Well at least she was talking about something other than the whole kidnapping thing.
"Do you like pomegranates as well? I'm going to have replace these soon, I'm afraid that they don't last to long, although they might last a little longer with you here." He pondered, green things seemed to like her. Maybe this was the key to keeping her somewhat content. Hades knew he couldn't torment her all the time, so he might as well give her something to help her forget her situation for a little while.

He walked up to the tree and grabbed a pomegranate. "
Would you like one? They aren't poisoned or anything." He added, not that she would believe him. Why did people assume that he would like do something like that, especially if they were already in the Underworld? Right, the whole Lord of the dead thing. It didn't really matter she was a goddess anyway, and he was usually more concerned with those that would one day enter his realm as ghosts, or those who would be tormented for all eternity.

The truth was Hades didn't mind nature, he could also appreciate things of beauty. Given that he hardly ever left his home, and with his reputation not many would be privy to these facts. Not that he minded he liked to keep to himself, and enjoy things either from afar or bring them to the Underworld for his own pleasure, even if it was just for a short time.

Persephone looked up to the tree and then towards Hades once more. He was offering for her to eat something? Well, she was hungry though she hadn’t realized it until the moment of food was brought up. But did she trust him? And this new nickname was a bit annoying. She didn’t like it one bit.

“I would like on…But please don’t call me honey.” She spoke frowning as she spoke. “I find I have to be in the right mood for Ambrosia, but I still enjoy the taste.” She admitted falling into her normal mood when talking about plants. It was her passion after all, other then painting anyways. “I would never have thought you would have liked sweet things.” She admitted before his comment about her having a green thumb.

She supposed she did have one, plants grew at her will but even considering that she still wasn’t able to really grow something without the sun and the right amount of water. Was the water here poisoned? She supposed not it would be odd if it was. Perhaps if you drank from the River Styx it would be but this seemed to be pretty far away from the river Styx.

“I would but I can grab my own.” She added before walking up to the tree. Sadly thanks to her small size she couldn’t reach. Tapping her chin she walked to the trunk of the tree and shimmed up it without much problem. Once on a sturdy branch she sat on it comfortably; taking a big bite of the fruit while swinging her legs back and forth slightly like a child would.

“These are rather good considering where they grow and such.”
She added pulling out the seed. “If I plant this, would you let me grow it?” she asked tilting her head to the side and watching him.

Hades shrugged he just called her honey to push her buttons, not quite the reaction he had hoped for. He watched her climb the tree. "I have a wide range of tastes and interests, it just not public knowledge." He said. Well she seemed in better spirits. Almost childlike, uh children so happy all the time it was almost sickening.

"What exactly do you mean concidering where they grow, what's wrong with it?" He asked slightly offended. It was a wonderful tasting fruit, and if she was trying make some comment on the area it was growing well he couldn't see anything wrong with it. Clearly she was just being driven to insanity, from the shock of the kidnapping.

Even though she seemed right at home in the tree. That probably couldn't be helped what with her mother, and her own love of nature. Ah, who cares, she'll learn to love it here eventually; the dark, gloom, and the dead.

He looked at her puzzled when she asked about growing the plant.
"Yes , if you want too, I really don't care if you want to grow things; just don't think about leaving here." Well at least she asked he thought. Also he liked pomegranates so why would he care if she planted the seed? Well he'd just let that go. It would probably make her happy, not the worst of things for her to be; it might make her more agreeable and open to the Underworld and all in it.

“I suppose not. But you can’t expect people to ask if you are..well secretive.” Persephone admitted shrugging her shoulders from were she sat up on the tree. She was feeling a little better—well considering everything. She still wanted to throw Hades into something hard but in a tree everything felt better.

“I just meant that there is no sun. Most plant life needs sunlight to really flourish and considering we are…in the Underworld I really doubt that we get much of that here.” She spoke raising an eyebrow at him. Was he offended by her comment? Kind of sounded like he was.

“Good because I think I would have grown it even if you had said no.” Persephone admitted shrugging her shoulders and looking at the seed in her hand for a moment. Taking the moment to look at it she suddeny jumped down to the ground watching him.

“Course why would anyone want to leave this place? With all the greatness that can be found.” She said in a sarcastic tone towards him before wandering a little ways away. She found a nice spot of dirt before digging into the soil with her hand. While doing so she enriched the soil with her abilities. With the fact that there was no sun she would have to really enhance it. Even then she wondered if it would really grow or if it would just stay domant.

Once it was buried deep in the sand she knelt beside it holding her breath. The need to weep was still strong. She wanted too—badly. But he was probably watching her.

Hades eyed her, "I'm not secretive, I just don't like people meddling in things that don't concern them. Namely my likes and dislikes, if people found out they could give me a pomegranate or something and I would be moved by the gesture they strike ask for the souls of their loved one I'd say sure take it, and then I'd be out of a job before Aphrodite had a new boy toy." He responded that was the last thing he needed sure it was an exaggeration but it got the point across .

The sun, great just what the Underworld needed sunlight. Hades sighed,
"And exactly how much sunlight are we talking about, it kind of throws off all the work I put into this place. Ruins the whole doomed for eternity, and your dead vibe." He didn't need all the thought into his decaying gardens go to waste with sunlight. It brighten the place up a bit and who in their right mind would want that?

He walked over to her and watches her plant the seed.
"Just so you know there are lots of great things here, you haven't met Cerberus, the Fates, or the Furies yet. Oh but you'll soon appreciate all my home has to offer.

He was now slightly irked.She was poking fun at the Underworld, lots of things were here when he moved in, but he built a palace and the gardens and added lots of other things too. It would be like him insulting her stupid living roses, the ungrateful wench.

"When you're done here I want to show you to your room." Hades said. He knew there was no way she'd sleep in his room, and while Zues was a ladies man Hades was not.

“My Lord, if I can be so bold, that is secretive. You don’t want people meddling with your feelings or your world don’t kidnap people who may or may not want to know those things about you.” Persephone retorted crossing her arms over her chest before sighing and turning back to her plant.

“We wouldn’t need a lot just enough so they can grow healthy and produce more fruit. But I know that’s not possible down here.” She whispered running a hand through her bangs before looking up at him. He seemed rather annoyed that she would even think about bring the sun down here.

Well considering the idea that she was a normal person that grew with the sun, rain and change of seasons he should have known that she would have been drawn to those. She needed it otherwise he would have a very depressed young Goddess.

“While I look foreword to all that…I’m tired and just want to be alone.” She admitted standing back to her feet. It was the truth, the whole ordeal had he wanting nothing more then to snuggle back in her own bed for the rest of her life. But she wasn’t sure how long that would be.

Probably forever.

And he mentioned being his wife, would that mean she would be with him forever? Would that mean…sharing a bed? She swallowed covering her chest with her arms. Would he make her go into his bed?

“Wait...my own room?’ she spoke looking at him puzzled. “I thought you said I was your wife.”

Hades looked off she had a point, one's wife did typically know what their husbands liked. He wasn't entirely comfortable letting her know all about him just yet. Maybe once they got to know one another better, but as it was she might try and use what she learned against him.

"Fine a little bit of sunlight just in this one spot though, this is the Underworld not Florida. It isn't supposed to be cheerful, or sunny." He said, hoping this would distract her from himself. Give and take that'd how relationships worked, well unless you were certain gods. But that didn't matter, as long as she focused on the plant things would be fine for awhile anyway he hoped.

He figured as much emotionally drained, that makes even the god tired.
"Alright, follow me." He started to walk until she asked about her own room. He stopped looked at her and sighed, "Yes your own room, and yes you are my wife. You do now that sharing a bed didn't start until the seventies or something; not only that but considering you are constantly covering your chest when I'm around I don't think you're up for a romp in the sheets just yet. Besides you'll probably pass out soon anyway and then I wouldn't get to have fun. So now that you know I have no interest in touching you in anyway tonight let's just go." He sighed again, and turned and started walking back to his palace.

Sure he was the god of death, and liked not pleasant things most of the time. He wasn't looking forward to forcing himself on her just yet, sure maybe any other day. Today was a first for both of them and he didn't want to push his luck. Maybe she'd feel better in the morning after a good night sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back