• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Hacker in the Free World Market

Miles was woken by small beeping noise in the back of his head and the taste of morning breathe in his throat, shaking himself awake and wiping the sleep from his eyes he swung his legs around his bed and let his feet rest on the cold floor. "Athenaaaa" he groaned seemingly to no one "whats with the fucking beeping noise!".

and while the house was indeed empty this however had the effect turning on the soft blue lights to the room "Good Morning Miles" a soft feminine voice echoed throughout the room as a soft blue ball-like hologram shimmered into existence in-front of the young programmer. "You have 10 planned activities for today, most of which include the final touches to my personality and speech matrix's as well as actually giving me a model instead of "A glowing blue sun" as you like to put it. The beeping however is a matter of curious importance on computer 13, A message has shown up on its screen and I have no idea who is hacking it"

Miles took a moment to process all that was being said as he looked upon his hard work personified, Athena was a creation all his own after realizing he needed someone to keep track of the chaos his life had turned into. He needed someone he could trust, but since that was almost an impossibility in this day and age he MADE someone he could trust. Not to say it was easy, Miles had spent almost all his money and over a year programming and perfecting his assistant and countless more time to fine tune her to think for herself and be capable of having his interests at heart. Long story short,Miles was proud of his work and it always caused him to smile when he saw her appear before him in all her technological glory. "Yea i got that, so can you turn the beeping off? its killing my head and you know I don't like my hearing implants used like that!"

With a quick activation noise being his only warning the beeping suddenly ceased to continue, "Thank you" he said with a small smile rubbing his ears to dissuade any ringing sudden lose of noise might incur. "Of course" came the feminine reply the voice itself coming from a speaker system with what seemed to be a simple micro USB plugged into it

Popping himself from off his bed, Miles gently grabbed the small USB and easily plugged it into a slot in his phone a focused look adorning his face for a few seconds as he re-synced his AI, "Sync check" He muttered softly "Check?" the question went unanswered for a few seconds until his phone screen changed to resemble the same soft blue orb from earlier except this time on a screen instead of 3D "Check" the feminine voice responded the tone warm and gently to the ears as it came through Miles' own Hearing implants

"Awesome!" Miles said with another smile adorning his face "Keep audio to my implants for now, run me through whats happened to the computer?" The question came easily enough but the weight at which it was said made it more than clear he was taking the matter very seriously "Did they just access the screen or was any data leaked?"

As the questions came Miles finally sat down to the computer in question, The simple question revealing an answer that no one else on earth even knew. Miles response of quick and immediate, If the hacker in question went through all this trouble to track him down he wasn't going to insult their intelligence by trying to lie. It was obvious they knew the answer to their own question so Miles just typed in a single letter "Y" for yes

A new message appears on your screen. "Greetings **6H@5T** . We apologize for the intrusion, but it was kind of difficult to get to you through official channels. I represent a group of individuals who need information from less than official channels. Are you willing to help us out?"

Attached to the message is a link to the website, "The First Dark Bank," a bank frequently used by groups trying to hide from the Free World Government.

"Just a couple of freedom fighters?" Miles asked with an amused smirk on his face, His posture slouched a bit and it was clear relief was flooding his system as he quickly began to type some more "For the right price, If you've heard of me you've heard how I operate. What are you looking for?" The message was sent in under a minute with miles looking over to his AI companion.

"I don't take well to my privacy being invaded like this but it looks innocent enough" He mumbled to himself as he flipped his phone in his left hand using his other to scroll over and access the Link that was sent "What can you tell me of the people who sent the message Athena?"

Last edited:
"We need you to hack into a servers of the Census Branch of the Free World Market. We are looking for information on the real reasons behind Enforcement arrests that occurred in the last six months. Specifically, we believe that public news reports are being falsified in order to make the Free World Market look better than it is."

Four minutes till Athena completes her trace.

"Thats a Dangerous game your playing at, And exspensive. Ill need to know alot more information of the Server Im hacking. aswell as any specific information im suppose to be looking for, names of people arrested and even when they were arrested." Miles hands flew across the keyboard as his mind was already thinking ahead of everything he needed for something of this scale, hacking the very government the world was based off was no joke, and no one would go through this much trouble to contact him if they didnt have the funds to pay for it. He needed time, and he needed more information. luckily he had a gateway to it right infront of him messaging him and he wasnt about to let it pass him by.

"Athena I need an ETA on that trace" Miles said as he stood up from his seat and went to a different computer pulling up a variety of posts about recent arrests that have happened in the past few weeks to see if any looked odd. " 3 minutes miles until completion, they seem to be bouncing their signal" the gentle voice spoke from inside his implant

Miles smiled at the new bit of info as his hands continued to fly across the keyboard, "Keep me updated when they message me again and look through the recent arrests made by the enforcers and see if any patterns show up, Im going to go downstairs and finally put the finishing touches on your programming, Something tells me I'm going to need to fully mobile for this job"

"Trust us when we say that if you pull this off, we will pay double any possible expenses that may be incurred by your services. As for information on the server, what we know is that the Census Branch gets all its information directly from the servers of the Enforcer's Online Database. If you can crack into Census Branch, then you can link directly into the servers of the Enforcers. Finally, we suspect that many of the supposed deal breakers that the Enforcers are arresting are actually just dissenters that the Free World Market is trying to remove. They are hunting us and we need proof. Can you help us?"

2 minutes to completions.

Miles continued to walk downstairs into the basement of his 1 floor home, and upon reaching the end of a stair case was immediately assaulted by the cold and dry air that the room was constantly kept at. His real focus however wasn't on the room itself at all but the countless servers that seemed to be running there, all interconnected and flashing a pale blue light. "Hello again Athena" The words now pointed towards the "Brain" of his AI, the servers and wires lining the entire wall of the basement as he took his seat in-front of the lone computer that let him interface with it all.

" hello again miles" The robotic voice answered " in your short tour downstairs your new clients have sent another message, Im displaying it for you now" almost instantly the words flashed on the monitor in-front of the young programmer as another smile adorned his face.

" And your only relaying this message not actually linking the computers just like I taught you right?"

" of course"

"
You continue to amaze Athena, thank you."

"Its my pleasure"

" whats the ETA on that trace?"

"Thirty seconds and counting"

"
UGH" Miles groaned through his hands a small frown on his face as he looked back towards the computer, hands quickly flying across the keyboard as he wrote a response " how could I refuse an offer like that? Ill gather all the things I need and tell you how much it would cost. but I get paid BEFORE the job is started or no deal. "

"Alright Athena after the trace im going to finish up your programming, Ive looked over the code over a hundred times in the past few weeks and all thats left is to just implement it...." Miles voice seemed to tamper off at that point as he steadily looked over the code, his Natural Paranoia eating away at him.

What if it failed? What If he was wrong? what if a single line of misplaced code caused the entire thing to shut down and everything he worked so hard towards was taken away? What if "Miles?" The AI seemed to ask "Is everything alright? Your heart-rate has nearly doubled and you appear to be sweating"

Taking a deep breathe to steady his nerves and calm the pounding heart that seemed to want to escape his rib-cage, Miles put on a strained smile. "Im fine, just overthinking things as usual, Your done with the trace right?"

"How about a compromise? Half before you do the job, to cover expenses, and the other half after the job is completed." You notice a little eye in the corner of the message.

" I have yet to fail an assignment I was paid for, your not paying for some lousy hacker your paying for quality. messing with the government is a life and death scenario and I dont feel like not getting paid if your plan backfires royaly in your face and you cant pay me cause your dead. so either all or nothing" As Miles quickly finished up on his keyboard he perked his head up as his hearing implants once again projected the soothing voice of his AI companion.

"Miles it appears the last message sent had a bug attached to it, Computer 13 is now relaying all it hears to an abandoned warehouse downtown"

"Huh these guys really are the real deal" The Young hacker mumbles to himself as he continues to type away at his terminal in the basement, a small smirk dances away across his lips however as he looks over towards his phone again, the orb on his phone still pulsing a light blue representing his AI companion "toast the computer, it was getting old anyways. Than I want you on standbye for the update, Cant have you doing anything while it installs itll fry your servers"

"understood" Was the curt reply of Athena as a sparking sound was heard upstairs, The old computer finally dying out as the motherboard was fried " Proceeding to hibernate until powered back on"

"Thank you Athena" Miles muttered to himself as he quickly began to type away at the computer the files loading and transfering from their place in storage into Athena's core programming, the whole process itself took less than 2 minutes but the delay was when Miles froze with his finger on the Enter key.

The decision seemed a simple one, press the key, have an upgraded AI capable of independent thought and capable of emotion. This was litterally every programmers dream at a finger press away, but with that thought came the crushing weight of what would happen if even as SINGLE line of code was wrong. This wasnt the time for error, it needed to be perfect. Which is why the young hacker spent near weeks reading over every single line more carefully than he'd ever done before, slaving away at his computer barely taking jobs and surviving off of nothing but freezer diners and frozen snacks for the months spent at the desk.

Eventually he just took a deep beathe and pressed the button, the screen flashing with text as the server booted back up and activated. "What happens, happens" he mumbles to himself as he leans back in his chair "If I happen to start a robot Apocalypse I wont be alive to see it anyways" he said with small dark chuckle leaving his lips.

"This.... Might take a while" he mumbled to himself as he continued to watch the server reboot itself a small smile leaving his lips as he stood from his chair and made his way upstairs 'Need to make contact with the clients again, and this time on a newer and more secure computer, 11 should do the trick' The hacker thought to himself as he made his way to a new computer with an 11 taped to the top of the screen, booting it up he quickly began to type away, easily pulling up the IP address of the last message and responding to it without opening the file " Consider this your one and only warning, I dont take to kindly to my privacy being breached. I dont have to take this job and by the sounds of it you need someone who wont FUCK up the entire job and have it traced back to you. We can do this like civil people or I can leave. the choice is yours"

"What are you talking about? Why would we bug our messages to you? You know as well as we do how this exchange works and the last thing we want or need is you connected to our organization. Why would hire a burner agent, one of the best mind you, if we wanted to be traced?"

The group fails to notice that you tracked their location.

(since its litterally not letting me send this message to you personally I had to ask here, They are guilty right? Miles mentioned nothing about the bug being ATTACHED to the email and the trace couldve came from anywhere)

Miles continued to type away at the computer, Pulling up the exact location Athena had traced the Emails from. A small smile dancing across his lips as he put the information into his phone quickly exchanging the data as he once more began typing, This time his new clients. "Someone put a bug in one of my computers, it was attached to your email. One way or another Im going to find out what happened. If your as honest as you claim you've just found yourself a loyal employee. Aslong as I'm paid of course" Closing computer 11 and standing up from his seat, Miles quickly made his way downstairs to check-up on Athena's servers.

However upon reaching the basement Miles realized the entire room was dark, The servers looked to be powered off and even the lights above the entire room were turned off. Making his way to the server console was easy however, Countless months of working his way through the maze of wires and servers pounded into his brain as he slowly slid into his seat at the console. Pressing a few buttons Miles let out a question in an almost scared voice "Athena?" countless scenarios flooded the young programmers mind, did he get something wrong in the code? frying all of Athena's servers? Did something go wrong in the few seconds he was gone upstairs? Should he have.... A singular beep interrupted his thoughts as the blank computer screen suddenly flared to life as the screen suddenly flashed a bright blue.

Miles had to stare in sheer astonishment as the color soon began to fade in brightness as a figure was slowly revealed on the screen, made of seemingly thousands of lines of code a feminine shape slowly came into shape on the computer screen. "Why hello again Miles!" Came the much smoother voice of his AI companion "Sorry for not responding sooner I was still in the process of starting up and finding myself a new model! Do you like it?" In response the Model on the screen twirled around showing off its sheer RIDICULOUS feminine form... a very nude form, Miles might add.....

"PUT SOME DAMN CLOTHS ON IT" Miles SQUEAKED at the computer as he looked away with an almost atomic blush adorning his face, was it hot in here? the room seemed to be way to heated for Miles' liking.

"But I looked through your internet history to find a form you would like. is this not appea-"

"STOP, STOP STOP STOP. Just.... Cloths...... PLEASE Athena"

"Understood Miles" A very light robotic start-up noise was heard before Athenas new model was now fully clothed and looking MUCH more decent in Miles' Eyes

"Thank God" Miles said with an exhasperated sigh leaving his lips, this however was soon overshadowed by the mega-watt smile now lighting up his face "IT WORKED!" He seemed to shout to the heavens a laugh bubbling up from inside his chest "ATHENA IT WORKED"

The model on the screen seemed to smile along with him, showing just how well her emotional matrix seemed to be working is "Indeed it has Miles, I cant help but feel happy over you excitement. You yourself are ....Hysterical?" a soft giggle was heard over the speakers "no thats too strong of a word, your.... FUNNY! thats the word I was looking for, Your overreaction is funny!"

"Overreaction? your the first AI created that can feel and think for yourself! You even think im funny! this is the breakthroughs of breakthroughs! If I didnt want to keep you for myself Id be showing you to the entire world!" Miles was practically jumping in his seat at this point, the smile never capable of leaving his face as he continued to marvel at his creation.

"Do you really think so highly of me?" The voice coming from the speaker seemed to be hesitant to ask, The voice sounding light and fickle as the model looked up towards what was basically her father.

"Of Course I do, and I cant wait to see what trouble we can cause together now" The smile dancing across the programmers face turned mischievous
As he quickly stood up from his chair and made to grab the USB attached to the console "But enough of that, I can gush outside. I need you to prepare for transfer. We, Athena, Are going for a walk"

"USB is already prepped for transfer Miles. And a walk? Where to?"

"
To the abandoned warehouse you tracked the E-Mails to of course, they claim to have no Idea where the bug came from and for a job this big we cant have any loose ends that could lead back to us. Its time for a test run Athena" Miles easily pulled the USB from its port in the console as he slid the stick into his phone, watching with interest to Athena's New model taking form on the top of his screen.

"Also make sur-"

"I'll be updating your phone on any E-mails received by your computers aswell as making sure none have more bugs like the last one, Ive also taken the liberty of uploading my audio to your Hearing implants already for the road ahead" The AI seemed almost proud to interrupt her creator as the Model on the screen seemed to smile deviously towards the young programmer

Miles however couldnt stop his jaw from dropping, Nor could he stop the smile that once more danced across his features "Thats never going to get old, and thank you Athena. We are gonna have to find a way to reward you after all this is done with, Maybe simulations to put you under? how does a beach get-away sound to you?"

"Sounds wonderful, But for now I believe there will be much more time to talk about how Awesome I am wh-"

"
Awesome?" Miles interrupted with a raised eyebrow as he made his way to the stairs slowly walking his way up and out of his basement and into his room

"Yes Awesome, it means extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear. I thought it fitting no? You do seem to admire me"

"
Huh, I guess you've got me there." Miles said with a small shrug, as he quickly threw on a pair of black jeans an a dark crimson hoodie sliding his phone into a harness under his cloths.

"Dont you think the harness is a bit much, Its not like your phone dropping and breaking is the end of the world. It only allows me to talk and use the screen, My servers are still in the basement and I could always upload to a different phone."

"
Yea, but I'd rather not have my phone break and suddenly lose my biggest assets and partner when I might need her." Miles stated with a shrug as he looked quickly towards his dresser where a lone pair of shades rested atop the light brown wood. "And since we are doing test runs anyways..." Miles trailed off as he slowly slid the shades over his eyes "Athena, can you sync with th-" His sentence was interrupted by the shades the shades lighting up a soft blue as Athena's new signature model seemed to be standing right in-front of him.

"Yes, Yes I can" The model stood in-front of its creator with a cocky smirk adorning her face, Of course the AI knew EXACTLY what it was doing to mess with its creator.

"You just want me to praise you more" Miles said with an amused smile, Which turned into a full blown laughing fit when the smirk adorning the Model's face faltered for a brief instant and it's cheeks puffed out in a childish display of a temper tantrum

"I have no idea what your talking about, but you need to get moving if you want to catch the people sending the e-mails. Something tells me they wont be staying there long after they finish talking to you" as if on command, which it was, A map of the city appeared in the bottom of Miles' Vision a simple blue line leading from his place to the Abandoned warehouse several blocks from his house.

"Than we should get a move on, I want you to monitor your servers and personal code. I dont want a glitch to suddenly break everything and destroy you. And I need to monitor how you do to see if I can improve upon anything" Miles said as he tossed up his hood and opened the door and stepped outside making sure to lock the door before he took a step on the pathway.

"Understood" Came the happy voice of his companion

When you arrive at the warehouse, the first thing you notice is a group of people in panic mode. They are loading a decent amount of computers, boxes, and other equipment into the back of a truck. A couple of men are standing watch while the rest work. They have guns and nightsticks on them. The warehouse itself is old and decrepit looking, but lights still emanate from inside and you can hear the sputtering of a generator near the building. There are no working street lights in this area and plenty of dark places to hide.

"Great, I knew it was low tech but this is ridiculous." Miles grumbled as he watched the men continuing to load their servers on the truck a frown plaguing his features as he quickly began to circle around to the back of the building and try to sneak his way in. "Athena, I want you to upload a tether to one of their computers when I plug you in. don't access it, I just need a backdoor into their systems so I can figure out what the fuck is going on" The sentence came out strained as the young programmer quickly scaled the back of the building and snuck in through a busted window "I also need a distraction if things get hairy, Consider it a test of your thinking capabilities" Miles said with a soft smile, landing quietly on the ground and quickly taking to the shadows to remain unseen

"This is very dangerous but I will try to make sure you make it home in tact and hopefully unharmed" The worried voice of his companian was soft in his ears as slowly made his way through the building, Taking great care to avoid coming near any of the workers or the gaurds.

No one notices you yet due to all the activity, but you can hear people barking orders. Specifically, you hear a woman above the rest.

"We need to move. There is no guaranty that the bug that hacker said he found is not a tracer. The Enforcers could be here any minute and then we will all be screwed."

"Yes Ma'am!" several voices reply as the sounds of people rushing around and equipment moving continues.

Quickly hiding behind a crate to grab the USB from the harness under his hoodie, Miles made so to be as quiet as possible as he snuck to one of the untouched computers in the back of the room. His hands quickly flew across the keyboard as he inserted the USB stick, A few hundred lines of code flew past the screen in the blink of an eye before the screen glowed a soft blue with the simple words "Done" being shown on the moniter.

Smirking at his AI's Thoughtfulness for quiet he quickly took the USB stick out of the computer before returning the screen to its previous display, making it seemed untouched. Replugging the USB into his phone and putting it back into his harness he quickly made his way to the same side of the building he entered from. Taking special care to avoid any and all grunts that were far to focused on there task than to pay attention to their surroundings

No one notices you as they continue their clean up and prepare to leave. You do overhear more chatter from the woman and one of the men.

"Seriously, this is why we need a hacker. We can't even chat anonymously without their systems catching us."

"Well, in fairness, they do have an entire branch that focuses on just tracking things online. And you and I have both heard the rumors about who they hire to that branch."

"Yeah, I know. It's just so frustrating. Lets get out of here and count our lucky stars that hacker alerted us. We lost five guys last time." They walk away to the last vehicle and drive off. You notice that they didn't even leave the generator and now the entire place is as dark as the city around it.

Miles wiped the sweat from his forehead as he slowly walked back down the streets with a proud smile dancing across his lips "Well I call that a success, wouldn't you Athena?"

"Indeed, I never knew you were so sneaky Miles" The teasing tone in her voice had the young hacker raise an eyebrow under his shades as Athenas Model once more materialized through the shades.

"oh? And whats that suppose to mean? you didnt think I could pull it off?" The tone miles used wouldve been called offended if not for the giant smile still glowing across his face

"Indeed, the probability of success with so many people activily moving around a warehouse of that size was 30%" at the mention of the actual statistics of a success miles couldnt help but frown at the ground "Than why-"

"because telling you this information wouldnt have stopped you from doing it anyways, and would only serve to lower the chance even more causing you to second guess yourself" Miles continued to walk and listen to his AI fire off with a small smirk.

"Well atleast tell me you had a back-up plan if I DID fail"

"Of course, I had gained access to the local powerplant and planned a selective blackout"

"..........."

"Miles?" Athena had to question, as her creator had just frozen mid-stride as his eyes grew as big a saucers

"Theres.... ALOT to unpack there, just tell me you made sure to-"

"Of course I made sure to cover my tracks, what do you take me for? You taught me better than that" The AI didnt even allow him to finish the sentence before becoming seemingly offended by the mere thought.

Taking a deep breathe before releasing it with a sigh miles let out a light Chuckle, "Of course how could I forget? Every second your active you make me prouder. I cant thank you enough Athena"

The AI for seemed to glitch in response as a bright smile lit itself across the models face "Thank you, I'm glad im exceeding your expectations"

putting his hands inside his pockets Miles resumed his pace across the road and let the smile across his face grow at the mention of the AI feeling ACTUAL human emotions, He couldnt believe it! He actually did it! the thought kept bouncing around inside of his head, and even still the thought made him giddy with excitement.

Last edited:
When you get back to your place, you find a new message at your terminal.

We promise we didn't bug our emails to you. Do whatever you need to satisfy yourself that we are not a threat to you and then please contact us again if you accept the job. This will be our last message unless you accept the job. Use the link to the bank to find the money you are looking for. You will be paid in full, as you have requested.

Miles opened the door to his home with a easy smile dancing across his face the clicking of the lock behind him, "A job well done and a succesful test run to boot, it looks like your all up to snuff Athena, I was so afraid something would go wrong I couldnt stop shaking" Miles said with a soft chuckle leaving his lips as he set the keys to his house on a table across from the door

"Did you truly think so little of yourself that after countless checks something would go wrong?" confusion seemed to ebb into the AI's words as-if trying to comprehend something particularly perplexing "You doubt yourself too much, besides programing is the one thing your actually GOOD at"

"HEY!" Came Miles offended retort a small frown dancing across his face as he let his assistant insult him, of course he couldnt really argue her point, He was a savant and a damn good one. but that didnt change the fact that anything that WASNT code was almost Impossible for him to understand.

"But its true! you name ONE person who you think could do the things you've done! Not to toot my own horn but LOOK at me! You've turned a portable secretary assistance into one of the most if not THE most advanced AI on the planet right now! I CAN ACTUALLY FEEL ANGRY AT THIS SITUATION RIGHT NOW!!!" And it was VERY clear that she was indeed upset, as the normal blue glow the AI was surrounded by turned a light shade of crimson, it was clear she wasnt going to take her creator backtalking himself like this anymore and miles couldnt help but smile at the adorable display.

"Fine fine, no more doubting myself. Got it." He easily lifted his hands in act of surrender as he easily slipped out of his hoodie, harness, and tossed his jeans in a corner, Slipping onto some soft pajama bottoms and walked through his house shirtless.

Grabbing something from the fridge as he tossed his phone on the counter, Miles closed the fridge door behind him as a bowl of strawberries now lay in his arms. "Moving on though, Anything happen in the lair while I was gone" Miles said with a goofy smile, he always loved revering to his house as his lair, It made him sound more like an evil genius from one of those cheesy comic books he use to read.

"We've got a message from our new 'Clients' And ive been trying to crack the origin of the bug that was sent to us, aswell as tracking the bug WE planted on our new clients computer. Would you like to go down the list?" The AI added helpfully as Miles sat once again infront of the computer with a bright red 11 taped to the top of the screen.

"Transfer yourself to comp-" Miles stopped himself as he watched in more awe as the computer screen flashed a gentle blue before returning to its orginal state, the only difference being Athena's Model was now placed in the bottom left hand side of the screen

"You were saying?" The cocky smirk now dancing across Athena's face. Whether she was doing this to taunt Miles, to show him how well her creator programed her, Fish for compliments, Or all of the above, Athena once again predicted what her creator wanted and acted upon it before Miles could even finish his sentence.

"Your gonna keep showing off like this arent you?" Miles asked in near exasperation, if it wasnt for the giga-watt smile dancing across his features giving away how proud he was than maybe he could've pulled off the disciplining vibe.

"Mayyyybee?" Came the sing-song voice of athena herself a giggle escaping the computer as tabs suddenly began to open unwarranted from Miles " They emailed another message this one is unbugged and linked to the bank which ive already taken liberty to patch you to, OUR bug that I put into their computer tracked them to an abandoned train stop and finnally the complexity of the bug sent our way is by FAR to complex to be from a group that, by their own words, still needs a hacker. Their words have merit as the bug is advanced enought to come from the Free market itself "

"Than that just means we are open for bussiness and taking their contract, Now that we know they werent the ones trying to break our rule" Miles said with a gleeful tilt to his voice, Quickly opening the messenger and letting his hands dance across the keyboard "I never claimed to ever need your permission to check my clients. For your information however I do no know it wasnt you who had tried to bug me, you'd be more interested to know that the free market is already onto you as the bug might be technical branch in origin. I'll take the job and will accept the money gladly, but I would HIGHLY suggest buffing up your cyber secruity. It was FAR to easy to back track your emails, how IS the train bussiness going for you guys?"

A message is returned to you within a minute: Okay, dropping the charades. You need to be careful. I have lost two or three friends and twice as many colleague to the Free World Branch. We have yet to get any intel from the previous hackers we have hired. We are growing desperate, but not so desperate that i want to see you go down. If you think for a second that you might get caught, pull out. Forget about us and take care of yourself.

You notice a list of names uploaded beneath the warning.

Miles couldnt help but raise an eyebrow at the ladies chivalrous attitude, pull out if it was too dangerous? That was always the plan for ANY job he took, He was just always too careful when it came to programming. Back doors upon backdoors left in his wake with more IP bounces that wouldve made the pentagon jealous, "While I admire your attitude to my safety let me be the first to tell you that my security will always come first before my work, It just so happens that im DAMN good at covering my tracks and will always remain top of my game. from the way it sounds you guys NEED me, and Id be more than happy to provide my services aslong as the money's good. If you want to drop the formailties than I need to know EXACTLY what you need me to dig up, the Market has MILLIONS of Gigs of data stored on servers around the globe. Im going to need not only the names of the people you want investigated but birthdays aswell as any other form of Identification you may Have" Miles finished up the message in under a minute, turning away from the screen as he did so to head downstairs to the basement

Those names I gave you were all hackers who took the job before you. Half of them said the same thing as you before they disappeared, without completing the job. I am attaching the list of names and all other identifying information of the victims from the Census to this message.

Attached to this email is a list of names, dates of births, addresses, and crimes the individuals were accused of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back