• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Guilds Of Saoirse

Adamented

The One, the Only.
Guilds of Saoirse
Saoirse

Saoirse is a world in turmoil and chaos, and after generations of darkness very few still remember the day of Caille, the day discord crawled out from the core and cast a veil over the light. While the sun still rises each day, the surface is tainted with the presence of unnatural beings with hopes only to wreak havoc on Saoirse's inhabitants. A dark and mysterious presence stronger than the rest is easily grasping control over this realm followed by only bloodshed, disease, grief, and loathing, it strikes fear in all that hear of it. This fear is what the discord feeds on, and for a long time after the events of the day of Caille, there seemed to be no hope for any of the natural beings of this world, held back by cowardice.
Eventually, this cowardice gave way to a new generation, one that found praise in great Deities that guided their step. This generation crawled into the arms of their saviors, begging for forgiveness for their cowardice and a solution for their suffering. In this new light, the Deities came to many different conclusions. Bel, the sun goddess, believed the natural races of Saoirse should take back their home realm and rid the surface of such crude dark beings, lead only by honor and noble intentions and guided by chosen Vassals of the Deities. Barinthus/Arausio wanted co-existence, that the new races would be accepted and could be tamed to live alongside the natives in a way that would no longer promote bloodshed or conflict. Sucellus wanted to do nothing, to let destiny decide their fates, as many of the other Deities agreed. The fourth option, while most varied on the others, was brought to attention by Sulis, who wanted the world to burn. Sulis had proposed to wipe the world of all inhabitants and create new life.
The Deities told their followers to form Guilds and carry out their will, though after a while contact was dropped and the Deities seemed to disappear entirely.

Characters
Féileacán, better known as Felicia, is the young heiress to the Guild of Solasgreine, a Guild of honor and nobility.

Guilds
The Guilds of the Deities are Solasgreine of Bel, Súilínuisce of Barinthus and Arausio, Bogása of Sucellus, and Fhionnuisce of Sulis.

Humans were the only race until the day of Caille, these are the new races:
Elf, Tiefling, Changeling, Shifter, Dwarf, Dragonborn, Halfling, Dark Elf
(will be described in the official thread, they are mostly d&d races but I have changed a lot)

So let me know if you're interested!

Interested. What is the roleplays format?

Plot driven along by you, or sandbox-y where the players make their own story?

Over all theme of the world? The description gives me a sense that it's pretty Dark Fantasy in an unpleasant world, but I could be wrong.

Is the roleplay combat focused? As in, is it an option to play a character without fighting skills?

@Foxgirl Jay
Roleplay format is semi advanced (or what RPn calls "casual"), so responses should be a minimum of one paragraph, but can be as long as you like really.
As for plot versus sandbox, it's a bit of a mix- my dedication to the plot in the bit you read above is the guiding point, from there you guys are free to make your own stories. The main plot idea is that the end goal is either to make peace with the new races or eradicate them, but other than that it's entirely your guys' playground- I might make some world-building comments in my roleplay posts, but I encourage everyone to do that. So I guess I'd say it's mostly sandbox-y.
The world theme is dark medieval fantasy. Like dungeons&dragons Curse of Strahd or a toned down version of the Dark Souls games, if you know about those.
Combat exists but it's not necessary for every character to be a fighter.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back