• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern guess who? (a slasher rp)

Walliver

Two Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
7:36 PM
10/13/23
The Franklin Residence

“Dude, Rachel was totally eyeing you today! Come on, maybe you should try to relax just a little!”

Darren rolled his eyes over the phone. Callum was always trying to set him up with some girl, claiming that he’d be a little less up-tight if he “finally got some.” He was probably right, but Darren didn’t have any time for that. He needed to study for his exams. Hence why he was about to turn off his phone and hit the books for the next three hours.

“Okay, Cal. I’ll call you later.”

“The grind never stops for you, does it?”

“Nope.”

And with that the call was ended, and the nightmare began.

-/-/-/-
8:42 PM

Darren rubbed his eyes, yawning. Only an hour into his study session and he was exhausted. Maybe he needed to take a break. He reached for his phone, which he had left on the bed next to him. His hand closed around empty space.

“Huh?” He patted the space around him for the familiar black case, but came up with nothing. He sighed and closed his textbook, setting it on his bedside table. He had probably just put his phone somewhere else and forgotten, or maybe knocked it over onto the floor somehow.
A quick check of the floor beside his bed disproved the second theory. Darren looked around the room. His desk was empty, except for the rest of his textbooks and a few pencils. The phone wasn’t on his dresser either. Maybe he had left it downstairs…

“Come on, Darren! It’s just one kiss!”

He turned sharply towards the door, panic settling in. No, no one knew about that conversation, no one knew what happened. That night was private, sacred. No one was supposed to know. He slid off the bed, taking cautious steps towards the door.

“Cal never has to find out about us. It’ll be between the two of us for the rest of time.”

The hallway was full of pictures. Darren and Stacy, kissing, hugging, and doing so much more. Her lipstick stains on his neck the morning after. Stacy wearing his hoodies. Shots of Cal from afar, completely unaware.

“No! No one was supposed to know about this!” Darren shouted, tearing down the hall towards his parent’s bedroom. More audio clips played, more words that were never supposed to leave that room.

“Come on, Dare. Cal is so boring and you’re so…new. Take a chance on me, baby.”

He opened the door. His own face, devoid of emotion, greeted him with a knife. The last thing he heard before the darkness enveloped him was the sound of Stacy’s laugh.
-/-/-/-
Okay, so I just watched a movie last night and I was obsessed with the plot. It’s called “There’s Someone Inside Your House” on Netflix, if any of you are interested in watching it. Watching the movie is not a requirement but it’s a killer movie- pun intended.

Basically, this killer wears a mask of their victim’s face and airs out their dirty laundry for the whole town to see or hear. Suspicions arise, friendships are broken, etc.
My plan is to rp this idea out with you fine people. The idea has been itching at my brain ever since I saw the trailer, and I thought y’all might get a kick out of it.
First, some rules:

#1) I cannot stress this enough, but no meta knowledge. IC interactions are the only way the characters are going to get any clues. Anything said in OOC is for OOC only and cannot be applied to IC.

#2) Abide by RPN rules. Yes, this is a slasher type RP and there will be gore, language, anything else you might find along the lines of Scream or Halloween. That being said, RPN rules are the standard and cannot be broken. Any attempt to do this will result in a kick from the RP (not to mention RPN’s own consequences).

#3) I, as the GM, have final say on character deaths/survival. I would recommend that you make at least two characters, or prepare yourself to spectate for a majority of the rp. I’ll probably either do a spinner wheel or dice roll on who lives and who dies, so it’ll be as random as possible. Again, at least think of making two characters.

#4) No “final girl” type characters. Everyone in this rp has a potential to die, including any of my own characters and any NPCs, no matter how much you love them. No one can be invincible and no one has any plot armor. Sorry.

#5) Most importantly, have fun!

Btw would y’all prefer the OOC on here or on Discord?

CS thread here

interested!!! this looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back