Advice/Help Group Roleplays?

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me how group roleplays actually work. I've no experience with them. I've been thinking up some roleplaying ideas, I've only done one on one, and I'm wondering if some would do better as group roleplays. I haven't been roleplaying for years like most people here.

The posts are still the same. You describe the environment, the other rp'er, give a reaction, and perform some sort of action to either respond to a situation or advance the plot. It's just now you have 2 or more people who are also doing the same thing. Group roleplays are different in that they can have grander plots and do cliche things like having a fellowship of adventures like lotr. There's also a lot less pressure on one person to make things exciting,but at the same time there's issues with varying levels of motivation, desires, and seriousness of the players involved. Whereas in one on ones, you have a great degree of control in regards to who you rp with. In groups it can be a crap shoot, especially if the gm lets in people without screening them. So you may get lazy people. People who don't give notice when they are about to leave. Trouble makers and so on and so forth.

But in the end it's all in the pursuit of that really cool story every roleplayer dreams of. Where multiple people get together and form an awesome story they can be proud of. Whether you get there or not, depends on the gm and players alike. There are a lot more variables to consider in group rps. And this isn't touching on combat systems, rp progression systems, rp money and shops. All of which add to the already convoluted and shaky foundation most groups have to begin with.

S socially-awkward

Very good question. I will answer it for one cookie. Allow me to illustrate my point a bit better...

Imagine this:
1x1 roleplay... but there are more than two people!

That's about it, really. Can I get a cookie for being very helpful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back