• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Grip on Reality

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
Every now and then, a sleeping creature begins to dream.

In a dream, the laws which bind us to a life of normality vanish, and we are free to create havoc in all manners we can imagine. Our spree of fun ends only when we wake up; gravity returns, our powers fade, and we're still ugly.

But what if you woke up, and your dream kept going?

How long could you cope with a sudden loss of normality in your life? What if hammerspace was a thing? What if your life had the same grips on reality as a Western Cartoon? Would you keep a straight face and adjust to the lunacy around you? Or would you aim to make that lunacy even more hectic...?

How would this work though? Is one RPer the dreamer, or are we all dreamers in a connected dream?

Let me see if it works with this explanation.

Let's say that one day you wake up, and in the real world, the laws which keep your life normal have all but vanished. Life has turned into something out of a gmod machinima or looney tunes cartoon. Everybody is the dreamer, for their dreams have broken out into the real world and asserted dominance.

Let me see if it works with this explanation.

Let's say that one day you wake up, and in the real world, the laws which keep your life normal have all but vanished. Life has turned into something out of a gmod machinima or looney tunes cartoon. Everybody is the dreamer, for their dreams have broken out into the real world and asserted dominance.

So the character's dreams are a part of reality now?

*Glances back at Bloodborne-esque nightmares having tea with some mechs* .... This is gonna be gud.

Interested. Sounds great, but I think you'd need to introduce some sort of law and order into it. Such as, people are limited to certain dream abilities (i.e. flight, flawless body, cartoon deaths etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back