• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Gremoria

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
I have an idea for a sort of space exploration roleplay. I would need four other people to join me.

The idea is that five beings of different species awaken on a spaceship with no idea how they arrived there. They are locked out of most of the ships systems and have to figure out how to gain control of the ship to figure out where they are and where to go. On their way home, they can visit other planets and meet new species.

Each person will create their own species and character. I want us to each have a species that is unique to us.

I'll design a species sheet for basic guidelines to use when doing so.

I'm also up for ideas if you have any. I have some pictures for reference, but not for everything so if you want to help design the layout of the ship, I am all eyes.

I'll put what I have so far in spoilers so you can take a look and see if you like what you see.

The Gremoria. This is a ship of incredible design, originally meant to be a luxury spaceship. People of all species would travel the stars in comfort and style. State of the art technology provided both protection and comfort. The ship's on board computer is the most advanced system known to any species and with it's AI could practically fly and maintain itself without a single crew member.

This amazing ship disappeared. The day before it was meant to be sent across the stars with a full crew and passengers, it vanished from the port it was moored in. Security footage revealed nothing but the vanishing of the ship. At one moment it was there, the next gone. The systems designed to find the ship all inexplicably failed at the same time.

Unknown to anyone, the ship reappeared light-years away from any civilized system. The on board computer was quiet, still set in its lock-down mode. This meant that only basic systems such as life-support were running. The engines were on but at their lowest setting, providing simple power for lights and other minor systems.

This was all standard regulation. It was designed to keep the ship from being stolen without authorization while the pre-launch tests were run. The day before a ship's launch, it was emptied of all personnel for diagnostics. Emergency systems were tested by removing all oxygen, dropping the temperature to space temperatures, and even simulating hull damage. This tested the AI's response time as well as it's priorities.

The safety of the crew and passengers was the main priority, then the maintenance of non vital systems. This included keeping life-support active as well as maintaining the ships engines and integrity. This system was activated only if there was a living creature aboard the ship.

The final log from the ship indicated that there were five living beings, each in random locations on the ship, though life signs indicated a near death state.

Aboard the ship, five stasis pods suddenly deactivate, the doors slowly opening.

cruise_liner___prometheus___by_smirnovartem-d34zl8l.jpg

tumblr_mjyx7zKcpc1r5ajivo1_1280.jpg

d331ad0d_Kelvin_type_bridge_28concept_art29.jpeg

Please don't post a species on this topic. This is just so you have the template for when I start the roleplay. I'm going to be putting my species after the species creation spoiler as an example of what I'm looking for in the species you make.

Feel free to delete what is in the parenthesis after you've read it. It will make the sheet look a bit neater.

Species Creation

Name:

Age ((How long they've existed as a species)):

Appearance ((Most common physical traits among the species)):

History ((Mainly how they managed to reach space fairing age as well as first contact information)):

Religion ((What they believe created their existence as well as feelings towards other religions of other species. This can also include multiple religions as most planets wouldn't have a single religion)):

Science ((How advanced are they? Each character species will have reached space fairing age and know about the other species, but each species also has different areas of technology. Some specialize in weaponry, others in defense, possibly even medical advancement)):

Government ((An explanation of how their government works or if there are multiple factions, explain how that works. This would also include their feelings towards other species)):

Homeworld ((Where are they from? The name of their world and even some description of how it looks)):

Abilities ((The natural abilities of the species. Water breathing, night vision, minor elemental manipulation, ect)):

Weaknesses ((What makes them weak. Physically or mentally)):

Other ((Information that wasn't touched upon above, feel free to add whatever you feel is necessary)):

Name: Seliar

Age: The species itself is as old as the oldest star, though each grouping of generation is born with the birth of a star. Throughout the time of it's life, a star will give birth to one of theirs, a spark of it's heart. A Seliarian vary from millions of years old to several seconds old.

Appearance: These are energy beings, born from the heart of a star. Their raw form is the form of fire. It is a beautiful form, one they are very proud of. But this form lacks the capabilities to converse with other species. Because of this, they developed a more physical form.

Each physical form is different, generally modeled after the dominant species of the solar system they are born near. If there is no life in their solar system, they will borrow the appearance from the nearest solar system.

A major tell tale sign of their species is the appearance of the color red somewhere on their person. Skin, hair, clothing, it is different by each person. Despite taking this physical form, they still adore their energy form and want to be as close as possible, even if it is only in color.

History: For history, the Seliarians have always been a curious species. They want to know more about the universe they live in. Because of this, they have set about travelling the known universe. But the Seliarian species is limited by the distance they can travel without assistance.

As energy beings, they can travel through the vast expanse of space without the need of ships, but doing this requires massive amounts of their energy. They can travel to any solar system within the distance set by this limitation. After a certain distance, they must return to their birth star to regather the energy they spent.

Because of this limitation, the species will make contact with the dominant species of their home solar system to gain passage on their space faring vehicles. Living in stars means they have no tools or metals with which to build their own ships, so they are reliant on other species to satisfy their curiosity about the universe.

This is majorly dependent on how advanced a species is. They need species who are capable of traveling the stars. If the species isn't that advanced, they will occasionally hide among the locals, studying the species in question.

Religion: They believe that the universe was created as they were, from a single point of energy. The stars, their homes, were created first. This was to provide life for the universe's other species. They believe that the physical form of other species is simply an intermediate place and that eventually, the other species would break free from their stuffy forms and become like them, pure energy.

As such, they do not have any animosity towards other species, just a simple curiosity. It is why they are willing to take on physical forms to enjoy lives of the other species.

Science: Seliarians have no scientific advancement what so ever beyond learning the languages and social structures of the planets they visit. They have no need for medical assistance or scientific growth. Because of this, they rely on the species around them for space travel beyond their own limitations.

Though, as energy beings, they have a certain knowledge about the way energy itself works.

Government: Their government is an age based system. The older the being is, the more experience they have. The oldest, first born of a star is usually the leader. The leader separates control of the star among several of the oldest members. These members then keep control and order among their controlled area.

This is mainly to prevent their people from traveling all at once and causing a commotion among the species of the planets that revolve around their stars. This is common within any star system.

Homeworld: Seliarians do not have a beginning homeworld, from which all of their species originated. Each particular generation is born as their star is born. For those, this is their homeworld. In the beginning, they believe that their star is the only one in existence.

They are bound to the star they are born in. Their entire life is dependent on the life of their star. When it dies, so do they. This is critical to their existence as not even they are aware of how long they have to live. No matter how old one of them is, they will never know the day they die.

Abilities: Being energy beings, Seliarians can pass through walls in this form and travel the void of space freely. Their physical form is a bit limited, though minor manipulation of fire is granted to them. They also have immunity to heat of any degree and when traveling among other species, tend to take up residence in the engine room. The closer they are to a large source of heat, the happier they are.

Their energy form is particularly deadly to most creatures so when in close quarters with them will remain in their physical form.

Weaknesses: Their energy form has no weaknesses other than the obvious deadliness to their more physical allies. Their physical forms are much more problematic. In this form, the grow hungry and sleepy, just as any other creature would. To better understand other beings, they have limited themselves to the point of beign very similar.

The cold is their greatest weakness. They despise intense cold as it weakens them to the point of becoming entirely immobile and unable to use even the most basic of their abilities. It also prevents them from returning to their energy form.

When exposed to high forms of cold, their color changes. Blue hair, tinted blue skin, even their eyes become blue. They are...relatively dangerous as they lose most upper level mental facilities. Their first and foremost desire becomes the desire to find heat, the hotter the better.

Mindless in this desire, warm blooded creatures are the most likely to be harmed, though in this state, a Seliarian is also very slow.

Other: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there no takers? This rp will probably start off slow while we get everything situated, but its bound to be pretty interesting.

That sounds pretty good. I originally created a species of star people. Of course, that disappeared along with the original rp idea I created so I'm having to create everything from scratch again.

I still need three more people before I make this roleplay. I am going to update my first post to include species creation as well as my own species.

Isn't space itself really cold? How are Seliar able to travel throughout space if it immobilizes them and keeps them from going back into energy form? @Seraph Darkfire

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a difference between their physical forms and their energy forms. The physical forms are the ones that are in danger of freezing. Their energy forms are like tiny little stars that burn with their own power source. Changing into a physical form, they spread this energy into their physical form. Spread out like it is, it is more vulnerable to the cold than it is as a single core. It is why their physical forms need to be at least room temperature to return to their energy forms.

They break down this physical body, bringing it back into one whole form.

I'll join. Let me know when you need me to get started on the roleplay, and I'll mull over some species concepts.

Aight makes sense. In your species sheet it didn't specify which form was weak in the cold is all. I'd be interested in joining if this becomes a thing.

Thank you both. With Diamond, that makes four people. We only need one more person and I can begin making the full roleplay.

Erm...I'd be interested in joining, but I'm still thinking of a species... (And this would be my first RP...also, it's 2:27 AM and I'd have to create it tomorrow...)

If someone else can think of a species before I do, then they can join instead... (Unless there's more than 5?)

(...I don't think what I said sounded right...)

tl;dr/summary: I'd be interested, but if someone else can join/make a species before I do, then they'll be the 5th person.

(Also, because this is my first RP, if you guys think I shouldn't be in this one, feel free to reject me. I'll take no offense; I don't really have experience with roleplay, and I could just go find one more suited for me.)

I am looking for a total of five people, but everyone is welcome. And it might not always be five people, I just need five people for the beginning of the roleplay. They may acquire new people on their travels. This ship up and vanished without a reason why and five people suddenly appeared on it without their own knowledge. This can happen at any moment through the rp for newcomers...at least after the first five get access to the ship's basic systems.

Hey still accepting? I can wait till you pick up another person later on, I just want to get a spot secured.

@DiamondJack shark people? Sounds kind of familiar *cough* The Motley Crew *cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back