• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Greek Me (ALWAYS OPEN)

ashestothewind

La_muerte_de_Jacinto_by_Giambattista_Tiepolo.jpg

ALWAYS OPEN

Why hello! My name is Grayson, I'm in my early 20s and I've been roleplaying since I was a wee lil thing and I'd like to say I'm pretty good at it being lit to adv lit. 
I usually rp on Skype, Discord, or PMs so that would be my first and foremost go to for mediums to rp on, but I might be convinced to rp on a thread if it's engaging enough. 

Romance is a major thing for me. It doesn't have to be instant or always requited but I do like the dynamics of it and what it brings to the table. That being said I'm open to adding almost any other genre to the rp.

I don't really have any limits, I try everything at least once and with a god or two things can get pretty intense so I'll just match my partners limits. 
M/M is my main aim here, but it's greeks so I might be open to more but it depends on the ship and if we are doubling or not. (Which I am fine with).

Apollo,_Hyacinthus_and_Cyparissus_Making_Music_and_Singing_by_Alexander_Ivanov.jpg

Apollo and Hyacinthus

Hyacinthus was a youth of great beauty and athletic prowess, a prince of the proud and mighty nation-state of Sparta. He won many suitors in his life. Some say Thamyris, a Thracian poet and musician loved him first. Thamyris was the first to ever love another male, and his love for Hyacinthus is therefore the wellspring of all love that is customarily exchanged between men in Greece, particularly in the Spartan regions where Hyacinth is worshipped.

The most well-known and tragic story of Hyacinthus tells of how he came to be loved by both Apollo, the god of the sun, and by Zephyr the young and brash god of the West Wind. Often while Apollo left his lover unattended to oversee one of his many duties as a god of so many aspects, Zephyr would steal Hyacinth away 

His lovers, bored of their own quarreling and each assured of his own success, gave Hyacinth the choice between the two of them, proposing a contest of sorts for his affections. Zephyr made a great show of his power, knocking over trees and blowing dust all about. Apollo produced a shining arrow which he shot into the air and in its wake were remnants of songs and pleasure which stole Hyacinth's attention and with it, the youth's heart. He chose Apollo to be his lover. 

As was accustomed, Apollo was Hyacinth’s mentor and friend, as well as the one who took the youth in his arms and into his bed. He taught Hyacinth poetry and how to play the lyre. But the joy the two most often shared was a game of throwing the discus back and forth, running themselves to exhaustion, naked and sun-baked upon the plains below Olympus. 

It was on one such occasion that Hyacinth’s tale turns sorrowful. Apollo had made an especially fine throw and Hyacinth raced to catch the discus before it fell, eager to impress his divine lover with his skill. Zephyr, who watched in jealousy, seized his chance. He blew the discus off course and Hyacinth failed to catch it and it struck the youth a fatal blow. Even Apollo could not help him, or else did not reach him in time, for the boy died in his arms. So great was Apollo’s sorrow and his love that he could not give Hyacinth up to Hades but instead turned the boy into a flower, white with the centers stained dark with the boy’s blood, so named the Hyacinth

As a deity whose cults are practiced primarily in Sparta, Hyacinth oversees the festival which bears his name, the Hyacinthia, which honors Apollo but which also sets aside a day for mourning the divine hero as well as a day for celebrating his rebirth.

The_Death_of_Hyacinthos.gif

Roleplay Prompts/Ideas

~ Greek Era roleplay of either what we already know that was said to have transpired or to do an alternate version of it where maybe he didn't die or something. 

~ Modern AU: Hyacinth has been reborn. I have a plot for this but it's lengthy.

~ Alternate Fandom Universe. Percy Jackson to be precise. I know not everyone is into PJO or like it but I do also have quite a few ideas for that one as well. 

~ I'm also open to other ideas, plots and prompts. 

K5.15Hyakinthos.jpg

ALWAYS OPEN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back