• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern GRAD NIGHT - 1995

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Rodrigo "Rod" Martinez

B4976642-9FC5-425F-A3CA-95049E3F58C2.jpeg

Rod wished his stepfather hadn't thrown his stereo out the window the week before, after a fight where he'd refused to turn down the music he was listening to. He loved music. But it was obvious that he wasn't going to get his hands on a new stereo until he'd moved out of his mother's house and managed to buy one with his own money, so all he could do for now was play with Billy's stereo for a bit whenever he had the opportunity.

That afternoon, as Mickey and Billy were in the Browns' spacious kitchen trying to count the drinks that had been bought to the party, Rod was standing just ahead with the stereo remote, jumping from track to track on Pearl Jam's most recent CD, released in November of the previous year. He would listen to thirty or forty seconds of each record, moving his body to the beat of the song and singing along before moving on to the next track, waiting anxiously for the moment when one of his friends would yell at him to pick a fucking song at once and start helping with the party instead of standing there doing nothing. The entire house seemed to shake to the loud music.

"Quit arguing girls, you two are sissies." Rod yelled at his friends as he listened to their melodramatic conversation about how they would miss each other in the future. He didn't have any patience for that sort of thing at the moment. All he wanted was to enjoy the rest of the day without any worries about what his life would be like from now on, just for a change.

He especially didn't like Mickey's remark about the reasons why Chel wasn't asking Billy to marry her. Although Rod's face was as calm as ever, showing no hint of annoyance, he didn't want to think about his friend getting anywhere near the girl they both liked. Even more so now, when Rod could still feel her soft lips against his own and the sweet taste of the joint they had shared on his tongue.

Corduroy, Bugs, Satan's Bed. Rod kept going through the songs, a soft smile on his lips, which widened the moment Mickey asked him what he expected from that night. Why had everyone decided to ask him about the future that day? He hadn't been able to answer that question very well for Chel earlier, and he wasn't quite sure what to tell his friends either.

"Man, I don't have very high expectations for tonight. As long as I don't have to take any motherfuckers in an alcoholic coma to the hospital, I'll consider the party a success." He jested, although he was likely to be too wasted himself to take anyone anywhere. The music continued to play and he turned up the volume even more. I don't want to limp for them to walk, never would have known of me before. I don't want to be held in your debt, I'll pay it off in blood, let I be wed. I'm already cut up and half dead…

"Well, of course I'll also be happy if Billy's hot mommy decides to come back from Chicago early and end the party. I know she's usually chill, but man, do I get hard when she's mad." Rod said at last, with a dreamy sigh, an obscene gesture and a sneer in Billy's direction.

Tags: Geun Sae Geun Sae

Last edited:

61528b6144752c01f6eb938abb7f6f247ef9fc02.gif

Interactions: Heather (mention: Nicole)
Mentions: idalie idalie
Chel Lucas

Some time later and Chel was still a little bit giddy, and still quite high, from her moment under the bleachers with Rod. They'd made their way back out, and her stomach had weird butterflies to it. Definitely not just hunger from the weed, either, she resented this feeling for how it seemed to set her off. Her brain was disturbingly acute to the world around, more than weed should allow it to be. Wandering back home with Heather, though they lived far enough part that it was a good stroll when they'd bid adieu-- it was all she could think about. That, and what the hell that meant tonight would be. They'd probably kiss some more, or so she hoped but... but like, what if it goes... further? She despised to think of it, more so from the embarrassment of it, and figured she'd bring it up with Heather later.

It had been some time since they'd proper hung out, and getting ready for the party was keen time for it. Chel returning home was a whole lot of quiet stumbling, as well as beginning to pack and roll whatever she'd need to bring for later. Then getting ready? Well, that would have to be at Heather's. Chel wanted to blast music if she was going to do it, and her mom was still sleeping (Bobby had gone home already, a twelve hour drive back to the coast).

They'd agreed to destress for an hour or two and then meet up at the corner store to get some of their own snacks and goodies. Stupid shit to snack on, since Chel was already feeling famished.

So there they were now, Chel leaning against the half sized shopping cart as they weaved through the aisles. A few bags of snacks here, some hair products, one bag of cheese puffs opened already and looped under her arms. Popping them back, Chel had gotten to the stage of her high where she was just chatty, going nonstop at all. Of course she'd already told Kitty about Rod.

"Which is fuckin' buggin', right? Like... Rod's super cool and all, a real romantic I guess but... I dunno, man. It was really... really awesome. But everyone's really cool too! I've never... What if things have to happen? He was my friend yesterday and now he's kissed me and doesn't have to mean anything but I'm kinda thinkin' it's gotta now. " Chel rambled, suddenly all at once beginning to get worried. "And I mean, I dunno, clearly Mickey's got three legs for you-- where's your crisis?"

Chel grumbled, now sliding an extra bag of cheesy puffs into the cart. Licking her fingers as she stuck her hand in, she scarfed some more down. "Oh, by the way-- we should try and stop by Nicole's. She probably wants to catch a ride. I didn't catch her at grad, but she's prob all bummed out everyone she hangs out with is graduating. Sounds like it would majorly suck." The concern was there, but not nearly enough. They knew each other, and Chel did reach a limb out every once in a while, but part of her wondered if that girl was ever gonna make it-- really make it.

97735e7a93c4aa426a13c2385d231fed7246edbe.gifv

Interactions: Colt
Jenny Johnson

It was... weird. They'd spent the last near however long just sitting and... talking? Ten years passed, no words exchanged, and after one flimsy attempt at a prank sent to their doors, they were back to... whatever this was. Maybe Jenny figured it was stupid fate, though she was less inclined to believe that. Sometimes things happened without rational explanation. This had to be one of them. Though she'd turned down a beer at first, knowing better than to mix her meds with liquor, she'd conceded by the time he'd polished off his second. One beer wouldn't mess with her, she figured.

And she laughed, a lot. Probably for the first time in a long time, a real genuine laugh coming out of her. She'd caught him up enough on the life of Jenny; she talked about her job: working with troubled kids in troubled homes ('Being my own hero to someone... After everything'), and where she was living and... even casually mentioning that she'd just never had the chance to settle down with any man ('I've never felt right enough... Not inside. No one's really cut the bill'). There was no need to mention any of the really awful stuff, though, she figured. While she was here... Colt had this image of her, she could see it in him. It was flawed and yet, stacked up by stained glass. The Jenny that left Newby wasn't the Jenny that sat before him, not anymore. He'd left his rage outside and replaced it with a beer. He was not the Colt she remembered either.

But like time tended to do, some wounds were mended. Jenny did her best to steer away from any conversations going toward the past-- knowing good and well that digging up things that were long since buried would only be bad news. Besides, they'd new ground to reap. What good would the past bring?

She sat across from him at the trailer's table, having already discarded her overcoat in favour of lounging about in her cardigan and tee, legs tucked under her side on the bench. Curling her fingers around the can, tapping it lightly with her ring finger, Jenny tilted her head to smile at Colt. One of those real smiles, shrugging her shoulders.

"God, it's... It's so fucking great to... And after all this time. But I just needed to... Let time handle things. You know? I don't think either of us would have wanted to... Really get to know the people we've become if it wasn't the right time. I dunno... Growing up has that weird way of painting your rose tinted glasses all black. The things that looked really good just... seem to fade into the shadows. You cling to them. It's stupid and I'm rambling because I've had one drink..." She paused to tilt her head again, blonde hair falling to a curtain, laughing as her cheeks pinked. "But... When you've had time to really... I don't know, try and move on... You can savour the past a lot more. What I mean to say is... I'd really like to go out-- I mean-- hang out."

Her cheeks turned even redder, Jenny dipped her head low to hide herself with a hand. She shook it away, looking back up. "Maybe haunt some old stomping grounds. The good places only, though. Otherwise I'll have a whole manic breakdown!" She laughed shrilly at this (but it was one of those meta-ironic jokes that were just sincerity disguised). Coughing to settle it, she moved to retrieve the removed coat, beginning the rounds to depart for the afternoon. It already felt like too long since she'd checked in on Sam or the babes. Plus, the girl'd probably lose it if she knew that Jenny was off at Colt's all afternoon with no warning... As much as she just wanted to stay, as dingy as his trailer was, just to talk.

There was this smell that lingered beneath the odd, stale smells that permeated. It had taken her thirty minutes and a trip to the bathroom to realize it was the aftershave he used to wear as a kid. It hadn't changed one bit.

Last edited:
~Justina Ishimoto~~Two Hours Earlier~
2019-07-12 (8) (Cropped).png
As her Pager had gone off, she reached into her purse to grab it and see who was paging her. It was a quick message from her Sister, who was telling her that she'd be leaving campus as she wanted to go talk to the Sheriff about the thing that showed up in the mail, which Nanami had opened up before the girls left for the Graduation Ceremony. Justina became a little weary as she had gotten a glimpse of what her Older Sister had stuffed into her purse before they left. Brushing this thought aside as she could just talk to Nanami about it later, Justina decided to focus on who she was currently hanging out with; Cameron. She began cradling her belly, gently rubbing her thumbs on the material of her dress. "I think the change of scenery will be good for you. It'll likely feel refreshing when you get there and school starts back up." She responded, hoping to encourage Cameron to be more excited rather then dejected. "Change is scary, I know. But I can't really make a comparison between going to school out of state and...having babies." She chuckled, glancing back down at her belly, unable to see her feet at all, granted she hit that milestone like a month ago. "Besides, I think a lot of us are going out of state in the coming weeks. I'm gonna be here for a while though, you know, since I'm gonna be giving birth and all."

When Cameron asked her if she wanted to hang out, Justina was more then happy. Her hands then shifted to her lower back, her thumbs close to her now non-existent hips. "Mmmm, I'm up for hanging out for tonight. It's my last day being pregnant and its grad night. We should make the best of it since I'm gonna be stuck in the hospital for a few days starting tomorrow afternoon." She said. "And I'm down for staying away from the grad party. I don't really condone underage drinking anyway. And you're right, all the loud noises won't be good for the triplets. And it'll be a while until they can get hearing aids at all. Those aren't cheap either. Is it alright if you drive though? Because I can't drive comfortably anymore...Not with this big-ass belly." She sighed, shaking her head before looking down at her belly. "Never in my life did I think I'd get this humongous, not gonna lie."
~Nanami Ishimoto~
~The Bar~
2020-02-06 (3).png
About two hours after the encounter with Sheriff McKenzie and talking with Rosa outside of the Police Station, Nanami ended up agreeing to go with her to the Bar, mainly because she, in no way, condoned drinking and driving, so she volunteered to be Rosa's Designated Driver even though her very pregnant belly made it difficult for her to drive, though to be fair she was able to get to the police station. It just sucked driving with the steering wheel like an inch away from the belly and being unable to determine the amount of space between them. When they arrived, Nanami did not think that the Bouncer would allow her into the Bar due to the simple fact that she was pregnant and it was very apparent. On top of that, she also explained that she was the designated driver and was looking out for a friend going through a rough time. Once they made it to the counter, Nanami was relieved to finally be able to sit down, but was a little unhappy that there was nothing to really support her back. She ended up settling with leaning on the counter and drinking water. Although there wasn't too many people, Nanami blushed when her stomach growled very loudly, embarrassed to death because the Bartender was a few feet away and probably heard it...and unfortunately for her, he did... About ten minutes after that, he came back with a Basket of French Fries and told her that it was on the house. From there, she just had her tall glass of water, fries and going to the restroom every thirty minutes or so...which sucked.

It was certainly very awkward to be at a bar while pregnant, but Nanami was determined to look after her friend, who was now on her third glass of whiskey. For the last half an hour, they reminisced about the late Joseph Willbey. Nanami's mood went downhill when Rosa talked about how she was planning to propose to him, though her expression softened once her friend started talking about the pregnancy. "Well, I can tell you now, growing another human being is not easy. You have no control over your emotions or your body. And I currently have two of them growing inside of me. The two worst things about being pregnant though, for me at least, is not fitting into my pants and...going to the bathroom every thirty minutes. But hey, you get to wear cute dresses and those look good with the big belly, so that's a plus." She said, resting one hand on her swollen belly.

When Rosa talked about how one of her students recently had twins and how she got to babysit them on occasion, Nanami was even more thrilled about her babies coming into the world. But for now, it was just the waiting game as they continued baking in the oven. "Then I look forward to when you get to meet my children for the first time. But now that you mention it, I..." She frowned as she began cradling her belly, looking down at it.

Soon, her mood went downhill and suddenly she started crying as she remembered that there would be no one there with her in the delivery room, as her pregnancy was a result of a one-night stand in Europe. Sure, her Sister could, but she had her own babies to take care of and who knew how long it would be until it was time for her to deliver her twins. Her Sister was going to be induced tomorrow afternoon and then there was the postpartum recovery. As these thoughts continued to cross through her mind, her hands moved to cover her face as she lost control of the crying, straight up blubbering. "To be honest, Rosa, I'm scared. Not of giving birth, or being a horrible Mother. But I'm scared of being in that delivery room by myself..."

Interactions: Rosa Esther (Nanami) & Cameron Yates (Justina) Walliver Walliver

Aleksander Herrington

EHeZ.gif

Afternoon | Mills Park

Even though he feels a bit more comfortable with his feelings for the time being, a part of Aleks might still be trying to stop him from going back home, maybe as pure survival instinct from that memory or just to keep this freeness afloat for the time being, to avoid everything from that bloody scene, but it's fine. After all, what he's doing right now, is something Aleks should've done a lot more earlier, he got the idea after seeing Maggie say her goodbyes to that... ghost... before they left the school after having a good talk and going their separate ways, it does feel a little weird to call it a ghost as he's doing this, but... he's finally visiting Mills Park.

Aleks isn't sure what he's looking for right now, as he wandered around to where it should be, his suit stuffed on his trusty messenger bag he's always used for school, his casual muted sweater in show. The park is somewhat near his home, so it shouldn't take too long, he's a little late on his plans to get home, but it should be fine, Dad is probably not going to care much this night anyways.

There it is, the oaktree.
Some memorials lie there, surprisingly enough, maybe not as much as in that night, but it's still a surprise for Aleks who was never here to see them. And not just for Stacy, but for the other victims as well, including his brother.

Aleks tries to avoid this place... but it's time for new memories, right?
So it's time to take out the old ones.
It may be slow... but it's a start.

Aleks felt a little guilty over not having anything in hand as he kneeled over near the mementos, but... he feels like he might never have this courageous feeling again, so he needs to do it as soon as possible.

"..."
Aleks looked a little uncomfortably at the offerings as he thought in silence.
How should he do this?

"...Um... Hi."
"...Sorry for everything that happened, hope you guys are, uh, happy, despite everything and wherever you guys are..."
"...Zeke, sorry that you're seeing me like this, and..."
"...A-And... And I graduated, so that's some... Good news..."
"...I'm a little scared... and tired... But I'll try, ok? I'll keep trying."

Aleks realized that he was waiting on a response.
But he should know there would never be one.
So... he remained kneeled, for now, just imagining what would happen now.
...What kind of warm hug would Aleks receive after getting home?

2:02 - Billy’s House
latest
Billy rolled his eyes. While he found the musical styling of Pearl Jam to be ruckus and depressing, he’d let it slide. While Billy typically took the helm of the stereo and was happy to DJ, he knew Rod would appreciate a little display of his music taste for once. As long as it wasn’t the weird freaky Nine Inch Nails shit Mickey liked to play, it was fine by him.

“Jesus, Rod if you come back to the reunion wearing flannel and your hair down to your shoulders I think I’ll gag.”

He finished off his bottle, quickly setting it down and cracking open another one.

“Sure you don’t wanna slow it down a little?” Mickey voiced.

Billy sneered at him. “Cheers to the best night I’ll never remember.”

He took a gulp from the bottle. For Billy, getting drunk tonight was a mission. It was a mission he was eager to accomplish.

“And by the way, speaking of my mommy, since one of you doofuses made a long distance call last time and I had to pay the bill, I’m disconnecting the landline.”

Mickey’s head poked up. “You sure that’s a good idea? What if your parents call?”

Billy smiled. He reached into his shirt pocket and fetched a thick brick of plastic and buttons from it. “Relax mom, my dad’s letting me borrow his cell. If anyone needs a ride or anything I’ll let them use it. Speaking of which, Rod you’re on key duty. If I see a single sloppy bitch or drunk fella get in their car your ass is grass.”

He took another swig of beer. “And one more thing guys. I made sure to invite everyone. Even Maggie and Thomas, and that pregnant girl from our English class. Can you guys promise to play nice tonight? Just make sure everyone feels welcomed.”

Lia Lia

Last edited:

Rodrigo "Rod" Martinez

92782CC8-822B-40E4-95C8-2331758060A2.jpeg

Rod wasn't even listening to what his friends were saying. He was sure it was just a bunch of bullshit as usual. He moved his arms pretending to play guitar and kicked the air, though he'd never even touched many musical instruments in his life. What he liked most about Pearl Jam wasn't even the music, it was the fact that Eddie Vedder had been born in a small town in Illinois just like him, but he'd managed to go away and accomplish amazing things. Despite not being a musician, Rod liked to think that he would also get the fuck out of Newby to become a great athlete.

Sweat had already started to run down the back of his neck, because he wouldn't stop dancing and moving around. He'd always had a hard time staying still and was even used to hear the coach yelling because he kept jumping up and down during practice, but that day he was particularly hyped up, probably because of the party and the hope of what could happen between him and Chel when the two of them met again. Rod only stopped moving for a moment after bumping into a picture frame on the wall, which fell to the floor and shattered into several pieces.

Muttering profanities, he bent down and picked up the frame. Then he grabbed a bottle of beer from the table and took a big gulp to help with the burning sensation in his dry throat. He turned his attention back to his friends as soon as Billy said he'd be disconnecting the landline because one of them had made a long-distance call last time. Rod smirked. He'd accused Mickey of doing it at the time, but it had actually been himself, who'd gotten drunk and had the excellent idea of dialing the number of a girl from Oregon he'd met on a vacation trip two years earlier. And he didn't regret it at all.

Then Billy made a comment about Rod's responsibilities during the party and he groaned. "Come on, man, you know I hate key duty." He complained. But he would have hated any kind of chore other than making out with Chel, drinking and doing drugs, so whatever. At least he'd have an excuse to unleash a little aggressive energy on the bastards who tried to nag him to get their car keys back during the party. Despite his own protests, Rod begrudgingly nodded.

"And if you want me to go easy on Thomas and the other losers, you better tell them to stay out of my way. If I think one of them is begging for a wedgie, I won't resist it." He warned him, taking another sip of his beer. He'd been against inviting those people to the party, but ultimately he'd had to accept Billy's ideas, since the house was his. But he also wouldn't promise anything he wouldn't be able to fulfill. It definitely sucked that all those nerds had run out of homework to do and had decided to start partying.

"And no offense, Mickey, but those friends of yours are the worst of them all. You know, the ones from the creative writing club, or journalism club, or whatever the fuck you guys do together." Rod continued. "I kind of understand that you have to join that kind of boring club, since you're disabled. But I can't imagine why a bunch of people with two good legs would waste time on shit like that."

giphy.gif

Interactions: Chel
Mentions: BELIAL. BELIAL.
Heather "Kitty" Kitts

Heather lazily chewed a strip of strawberry gum, rolling it across her tongue from one side to the other while the girl’s head tilted; fingertips drifting across labelled prices running along each shelf. She’d be on a greyhound coach two days from now. Not something she’d told Chel or Mickey, not even divulged to Rod. People who, in her eyes, had greater plans. In likelihood, someone would put their foot down or make a better argument than she knew how to debate, a persuasion in favour of not throwing her life away for an uncertain future in an uncertain city. Though perhaps Mickey deserved to be told - but his invitation was simply one borne out of leaving home.

He’d be sitting by that river soon enough, whisked off to college and all it had to offer. There’d be no reason to ruin the mood with it.

The shopping cart rattled along the linoleum flooring of the corner shop, Kitty inspecting a cheap bottle of nail polish in a shade of lavender pastel while Chels wittered on with this and that thrown into the trolley-bed. The cheerleader blew a small bubble with a sharp pop, “Like, think about it, Rod’s totally been interested since forever ago, you two get so messy together when you’re at parties,” Heather nudged Michelle by the arm with a crinkle of the snacks under her arm, “It’s the night for it, he’s got that scholarship right? If you wanna keep him exclusive, or totally not, and you always know if he’s crazy over you he’d call an' visit,” A packet of peach rings landed with a light thwump.

Heather glanced over, tucking hair behind her ear with a spaced expression of thought, “Mickey is real sweet, don’t get me wrong I’m just being realistic, Chels. Like he's cute, but his brains are bad news for sure,” Kitty popped another loud bubble, winding it off her lips with a mixture of raspberry gloss. “But he’s going off to do his own thing, and I can’t sit around doing nothing - so I’m just … totally going to enjoy myself tonight, yeah?”

The blonde paused by another magazine rack before twisting on her heel while grasping a copy of bold pink text; pop culture quizzes and celebrity scandal, “Ugh, Nicole, I so missed her at graduation too. I saw Billy talking to her but like, she dipped out. She knows we always get ready at my place - still, her mom is working or something tonight, too, right? Wouldn't hurt to swing by."

ezgif-6-3f82149154.gif

Interactions: Jennifer
Mentions: BELIAL. BELIAL.
Colt B. Callaway

With Jenny it felt like they picked up right where they’d left off. She had good tales to tell, Colt leaning forward with that intent look on his face as he nodded and broke into frequent laughter - catching Jen up on local gossip, the events of ten years tumbling out his chest and onto that trailer-table between them. Yet it was the fact she’d never moved on, not completely from the sounds of it - no husband, long term boyfriend or hidden fiance in the wings. Callaway admitted his own misfortunes with love had started and ended abruptly every so often. Messy breakups and short-lived engagements. Never married. No family, save for a goddaughter of sorts, Nicole who he’d made an effort to remain sober in the daytime concerning childhood appointments and occasional babysitting.

Who hadn’t wanted to be babysat with an unrelated uncle and his menagerie of speeding fines and unattended AA meetings? Hell, he was a rundown, no-good fella who took it in stride. Nic hadn’t been quite so excited those past few years to see him, however. All to do with growing up he supposed, but rearing kids wasn’t his thing anyway. He’d taken his mother’s approach to it, letting them get on with their own upbringing. Colt chose to omit Chels and her offers of pot over the events of 1985. Hell that little neighbourhood weed rat probably knew Jenny better than he did with the talkative highs if she ever retained what he’d told her.

While Jennifer was that same girl he’d known all those years ago, you could define where maturity had altered her softer looks, the way she held herself and spoke with precise articulation. Clever, defined words resonating with something bigger and brighter than highschool diplomas. Helping kids lucky enough to get seen by a professional, a real care and compassion illuminating the shadows under her eyes. This Jen had a direction, a focus on something more than the past.

His attention couldn’t be deterred much from her smile.

“…I'd really like to go out-- I mean-- hang out."

Colt felt his chest seize at the opportunity, “You oughta stay, Darlin’. Tell that sister of yours you got caught up in errands -” He rounded the table, “Jenny … savourin’ the past like this, I,” A hand ran through his hair with familiar habit, flattening the mess to approach her in the small trailer where he grabbed at her arm. “I jus’ - maybe I ain’t been able to paint them rose glasses of mine black. I think I always been blind.”

His palm skipped down to her wrist, tugging closer, “On my account, visit one hauntin’ ground I ain’t forgotten, Jen. I know - I know we done moved on, we’re downright ancient - call it closure. I’d like to sit by you in any place, any bar, any time and finally get 'round to buyin' you a real drink that ain't stolen spirits. I'm a big mistake but just make it one more time, we can forget 'bout it as easy as we did the first time.”

-Afternoon, The Rooks Residence-

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets by on you-" Maggie softly sang to herself as she brushed through her hair, trying hopelessly to figure out something more casual for the party - sure, it was a couple of hours away, but Margot was nothing if not prepared. She had changed into an oversized, pastel purple sweater over a frilly buttoned up shirt - she looked more like a porcelain doll than anything else.

Hearing the door open, she frowned, stepping out into the hall. She crept towards the front door... and let out a sigh of relief. "Hi Pop." She hurried over, giving her dad an awkward half hug. "I thought you weren't supposed to get back yet?"

The older Rooks responded with a tired smile. "Well, I wasn't expecting them to accept my draft so quickly, bee. Is Vicky back yet?"

"Yeah! Yeah. Um, we just had lunch. Hey, uh, can I ask you something?"

Doc frowned, taking off his coat and hanging it up. "It's not about that - ghost tour thing, is it?"

"No - uh, one of the boys in my class invited everyone to this party, and - maybe I could go?"

"...you know people there?"

"Yeah, there's, uh - people from writing club there, I think."

"Okay. Take the pepper spray, okay? And stay near the girls, don't let any of the guys get you alone. I've heard horror stories about things like that. And if you think someone's been near your drink-"

"-throw it out?"

"Good job! And if you feel threatened or if someone starts following you, get somewhere safe and call me. Or Vicky, and we'll come and pick you up. Code word?"

"It's cold here."

"Good."

Maggie smiled, seeming a little relieved. "Yeah! I'll - be careful. Pinky promise."

61528b6144752c01f6eb938abb7f6f247ef9fc02.gif

Interactions: Heather (mention: Nicole)
Chel Lucas

Chel made an internal groan, stomach clenching, when Kitty confirmed that Rod had been sick on her. They'd had some fun fucking around high, sure, but she really hadn't thought much of it. Just... fucking around and finding out. Being stupid, silly, enjoying the moments. But she was probably her own brand of stupid for thinking it didn't mean anything.

"Yeah. That's what tonight's for. Having fun." She felt sure of it, but for some reasons the words didn't come out quite so strong as she'd thought. Nevertheless, Chel juggled her wallet and the bag of cheesies as they approached the register. At the mention of swinging by Nicole's Chel, nodded.

"Plus, she's probably got some of the shit. Six pockets are better than two," Chel noted with a raised brow, smiling a bit to instill some good feelings back into her system.

They brushed through the purchasing, arms holding bags, and were greeted with the early afternoon sun. Nicole's place was just a short jaunt, the two chatting some more about the night's events without ever glossing over what would happen the next day. Chel didn't want to. It was a day by day basis for the stoner; anything to smother the need to get high and forget about saying goodbye to everyone while she stayed behind, wasting away in the confines of her family home. Hope was out there that one day, with enough, she'd be able to get out. Bobby did. But when would that be?

They rounded to the block, spotting Nicole's home.

97735e7a93c4aa426a13c2385d231fed7246edbe.gifv

Interactions: Colt
Jenny Johnson

Jenny held her breath, watching intently as he rounded on her. Coat in one hand she stood now, once again feeling his impressive blue eyes boring deeply into her. His quickness gave her some flutter in the stomach, as well as some perspective on his account. For the most part, it was working. But he seemed to want it now, and so quickly-- and they'd only just started talking today, hadn't they? They were adults now, the standards were held differently. He held his heart out for her, not unlike their youth.

"I'm a big mistake but just make it one more time, we can forget 'bout it as easy as we did the first time."

She snatched her wrist back, face suddenly contorting into anger. Pulling her lips taut she stood closer, shaking her head and guffawing. "Why do you do that? This whole time, every chance you've gotten you've gone and... devalued yourself. Don't you see how toxic that is? To yourself? To me?"

Jenny set her jaw, pulling her jacket on and wiggling her arms through the sleeves. "You're not a mistake, you're a person. What we had was childish, Colt. I was childish. The only mistake anyone made was going to that... that fucking party that night. But where would we be now? I've done my damn best, ten years now, not thinking about that night. That doesn't mean that I thought of you as anything but a... beacon among that. The doctors saved my life, sure, but you were the last thing I saw before I passed out. When I woke up-- I was alive. They were doing their job. You were being... you."

Her education had jaded her against any extreme emotionality. It was one thing to be able to look past people's appearances and their behaviour, to understand what had hurt them to lash out in their various ways, but it was another to see it in someone she once loved so terribly. To trace it, in part, to your own misgivings. She felt complacent that he'd become... whatever this was, sitting in a trailer with beer cans hiding behind furniture. But was it really her fault?

She didn't mean to hold him to any pedestal, but Jennifer had a sinking feeling that he considered himself six feet under anyway. Losing your mother was one thing, losing your friend was another but... What kept him here? Why hadn't he sought to move on? Had it all truly bowed him? Talking about grad night had already begun to make her shake, and the pulse in her ear was nearly deafening. She wanted to support him, seeing him as he was now, but it felt out of her hands. All she could do was try and set him on the course. They were still young. She had faith if he got out... Maybe there'd be a chance?

Tugging her jacket into place, she clasped the lapels as she looked up at him. "Just because you've stayed here, watching everyone you love leave and die... Doesn't mean you have to too. I left. I know I did. I don't regret it-- I in fact, recommend it. I only regret leaving you without someone to shake you straight. But I'm not going to be part of your unhealthy, maladaptive pity party, alright?"

2:05 - Billy’s House
tumblr_m817seSDsd1rw47tho1_400.gif
Mickey gritted his teeth. For a moment he thought about lashing out at Rod, hurling every insult he could at the meathead before him. He glanced over at Billy though, noting his sympathetic looks towards Mickey. While there wasn't a chance Billy was going to call Rod or say anything, he knew the comment had hurt Mickey.

"Jesus, Rod, can you tone down the roid rage for just one night? Some people just want to have a chill night. And maybe if you got to know some of them you'd know they're pretty interesting people, with plenty of things to talk about besides sex drugs, and drinking."

Billy nodded, "I like Maggie's ghost stories." he uttered before taking another swig from the bottle. "Also, does anyone know where the beer funnel is?"

Mickey sighed and ignored Billy. "But you know, if you wanna spend your last night of high school bullying some wimp you have at it. I'll be by the lake talking it up with Heather." He smiled mockingly, before grabbing the drinks he'd bought for the two of them and placing them in the fridge.

"What time are you losers going to pick the girls up? I think I might take a nap before the party starts."

Lia Lia

Rodrigo "Rod" Martinez

1A398013-F551-4BC9-B23E-732B4714DA79.jpeg

"If these interesting people don't talk about sex and drugs and drinking, what kind of subject do they like? Homework? Comic book conventions? Roleplaying games?" Rod asked, finishing his beer in a few big gulps. His friends could talk all they wanted about how cool some people at their school were, but he simply wasn't having any of it. He couldn't bring himself to feel any sympathy for people who stooped down the school halls, sucked up to teachers, and whined whenever someone yelled at them.

He left the empty bottle on the kitchen counter. Sweat was running down his face and body, but he was still too hyped up and couldn't stop moving. Billy had asked where the beer funnel was and he'd decided to start looking for it instead of continuing dancing. It didn't matter what activity he was doing as long as he kept expending all that energy he had to spare. Rod started opening cupboards and turning every corner of the room looking for that damn funnel.

As he busied himself with that, he heard Mickey's comment about how he was going to talk it up with Heather that night and sighed. He wanted to tell him that he thought that girl was probably just talking to him out of pity and that she wasn't really in love with him or anything, but Mickey would be hurt and wouldn't listen. Then Rod shut up and gave him a single meaningful look before he went back to looking for the funnel.

At least Mickey was right about one thing. There was a lot to do at that party besides bullying some wimps. Rod thought about Chel and all of his hopes for that night, and decided that maybe it really wouldn't be that bad to play nice for a few hours. He took a deep breath as if he was about to make a big sacrifice and then nodded. "But fine, whatever. I'll behave myself. Maybe I'll also be too busy at the party to have time for a bunch of suckers."

Then he found the beer funnel, as if life were rewarding him for the noble choice he'd just made. Rod flashed a victorious smile, picked up the object and hurled it at Billy in the hopes of maybe hitting him over the head, as he did with paper airplanes in every class they took together and with wet towels in the locker room after practice. "I told Chel and Kitty I'd pick 'em up by eight. But I'm gonna have to go home and take a shower first. I'm sweating like a pig. This house is hot as fuck."

~Justina Ishimoto~The Road Ahead...
2019-07-12 (7) (Cropped).png
About two hours after the graduation ceremony and leaving school grounds with Cameron, Justina had decided to go to a nearby park, not wanting to go home and wanting to relax and wind down before the big day tomorrow. Justina proceeded to waddle down the sidewalk, getting a few stares by some of the others there. It didn't really bother her much anymore, as she was used to it throughout Senior Year as the pregnancy had progressed, but she was much bigger early on due to the fact that she was expecting triplets. At first, because of how young she was, Justina didn't think that her body would be able to handle carrying this pregnancy to term and it made her wonder what ran in her family (and that of whoever she had a one-night stand with). While she was sad that she had to drop her sports, Justina was still happy that she had gotten the prenatal care that she needed throughout the school year, and of course was still very surprised by the fact that her due date was pretty much the day after the graduation ceremony. Hell, she was even expecting to go into labor midway through the ceremony, or at worst, her water breaking on stage right as she is handed her Diploma.

As she got to a nearby bench, the expectant mother straightened out her dress before she sat down as it was getting tough for her to stand any longer. Taking a deep breath, she began massaging the tense belly to soothe the babies and to ease the pain that she currently felt. Sure, this was great and all, but she was ready to have the babies out so that she can focus on losing the pregnancy weight and get back in shape, all while caring for three newborns. From what she heard in the waiting room of the hospital's maternity ward, the only thing she didn't look forward to was less sleep due to being awakened by a crying newborn. As she cradled her belly, she took another deep breath before closing her eyes, wanting to relax and enjoy the peace, away from the partying, loud music and underage drinking that her now-former classmates were engaging in.

Cameron Yates Walliver Walliver (Just don't want to be controlling her because she isn't my character.)

7:00 - Maggie and Cam’s House
Cam sighed as she looked out the window of her bedroom. From across the park, she could see Maggie’s bedroom light. She held the phone a little tighter in her hand as she guided the marker across the lined paper, continuing her doodle on the notebook.

“It looks dark,” Cam said softly, “Where’s your dad?”

“He’s out. Getting some dinner I think. I don’t know he’s been acting all stressed with his new book.” Maggie sighed.

The two had entered their second hour of chatting on the phone. They hadn’t always been friends, but as the school year drew to a close they’d found a certain closeness to each other on their walks home from school.

“At least your dad came to graduation. My parents are totally AWOL.”

Cam scribbled in the shirt on the figure she’d finished outlining.

“Hey, you know that Billy guy? The dumb one? He’s having a party tonight. You wanna go? I know you’re not really into that stuff, but you know.”

Maggie giggled. “Yeah, he seemed really keen on inviting me. I don’t know though, it’s pretty far out anyways. I don’t have a ride.”

Cam smiled. “I have the keys. I could totally steal the ride for one night”. Cam looked out her window. From across the park, she could vaguely make out Maggie’s silhouette as the redhead brushed her hair. “Could be fun.”

Maggie sighed. “I don’t know. My dad would kill me.”

Cam rolled her eyes and reached for another marker. “Well if you change your mind-”

On the line, there was a choking noise - the sound of sputtering over the phone. Cam dropped her marker and looked out through the park to see if she could see anything. “Mags? You alright?”

Silence. From her spot, Cam could barely make out a figure in the window. It wasn’t Maggie - no way it was. It was way too tall. “Mags is that your dad? Hello?”

The line cut. Cam could feel her heartbeat in her chest. Something was wrong. She reached for the phone and began to dial 911. Before she pressed the call button she realized that whoever was standing in Maggie’s window was gone now.

Cam couldn’t shake the terrible feeling. Something bad had happened to Maggie. But what if she was still alive? She couldn’t just sit here and watch. Cam lifted herself from her seat and rushed to the kitchen. She reached into the dishwasher and fetched the biggest kitchen knife she could. It was only a two-minute walk to Maggie’s, she could be there in no time. Who knew how long the cops were gonna take?

She jogged to the front door, swinging it open and taking a quick step onto the porch.

SHHK

The burning sensation in her stomach immediately overcame her. She looked to her left and was horrified at the sight. A masked assailant, dressed in the familiar garb of a graduation gown and cap and a plastic Halloween mask was waiting for her to exit the door.

They twisted the knife deeper into Cam’s stomach, pushing her back with all their force.

Cam tumbled back into the home, watching as the assailant closed and locked the door from behind her. She tried to scream, but all she could feel was the bubbling of blood in her throat. The assailant raised the knife up again, swinging it back down with force into Cam’s chest. She cried this time, letting out a grunt of pain as blood gushed from her mouth.

She didn’t stand a chance. The masked figure watched as she tried to crawl away on her stomach before stepping on her back was such force that it made a sickening crack. She yelped out again, before the assailant brought their leg up once more, and slammed it back down onto the back of her head.

Geun Sae Geun Sae

Michael Rooks wanted to die.

The deafening silence that followed once he managed to crawl through the back door hurt more than the stab wound in his shoulder, blossoming red across his shirt. And each fumbling, desperate grab as he dragged himself up the stairs ached more and more as he slowly realized the firewood axe he had would be no use.

Seeing her body only confirmed what he already knew.

Slumped over the vanity was Maggie, blood and perfectly brushed red hair alike pooling under her head. More blood dripped onto her dress, into her lap. She never even saw it coming - a look of simple alarm on her face, blue eyes wide, staring, above a cleanly slit throat. A small note, scrawled in a playful hand, was taped to her mirror.
TOO EASY!

Michael saw red, snatching up the note and ripping it, over and over again. With shaking hands, he dropped the pieces, gently picking up a blanket from the bed and draping it across what had once been his child's shoulders. He plugged the phone in - god, was she scared? Was she phoning the police already? - and dialed the Sheriff's Office.

He barely waited for a reply. His voice was trembling with a mixture of pain and barely restrained rage.

"You're going to send someone over. And you are going to find who hurt my little girl, or I will."

~The Ishimoto Sisters~
heading photo 1.jpg

Two Hours Ago...
Twins and Triplets.jpg
After a couple of hours of hanging out with their respective friends, both of the very, VERY pregnant Ishimoto Sisters returned home to rest, with one scheduled to be induced and to deliver tomorrow morning and the other...simply exhausted as her friend had gotten very intoxicated and she could no longer stand the smell of alcohol. Well into the evening, both expectant Mothers were home taking their respective showers and all. Winding down, the Sisters went ahead to take their showers and change their dresses, shampoo their hair, etcetera. Up next, Justina proceeded to waddle down the stairs, looking to watch TV before going to bed. Meanwhile Nanami had gone upstairs to get ready for bed, still feeling terrible from the smell of alcohol. As she headed towards her room, she noticed that the door had been left ajar. Because no one was home earlier in the day and her parents were out of town, the elder Ishimoto Sister was left a little alarmed. Nanami proceeded to enter the room. Everything was tidy, intact. Sure, her desk was a little bit of a mess, but she did remember that she needed to clean it, hoping to do so before she was due. The window was open too. Now that spooked the expectant mother a little bit. However, she just shrugged and went ahead to close it. Suddenly, someone grabbed her from behind and before she could scream, her attacker put a cloth over her mouth and it wasn't long until she passed out...

Meanwhile, Justina was watching the news and things were looking rather grim. Seems like the Sheriff's Department was scrambling and were stretched thin. One of her Classmates was found dead in his home earlier in the day. That would explain why he didn't show up to Graduation. Soon, more and more news of people being found dead began to surface and the journalists covering the news across town began talking about that massacre that happened ten years ago. She remembered that her Sister had been in therapy because of it and how it still affected Nanami as she entered adulthood. It was a traumatizing time, and now there was a copycat out there, going after people once again. There was no news on the suspect, but so far all the people that have been found dead...died of stab wounds, multiple ones. Before she could grab the phone to call Cameron to check up on her, as they had parted ways after hanging out at the park before she got exhausted, an unknown assailant popped up from behind the couch and put the expectant mother in a chokehold. As she began to flail and panic, a cloth was put over her mouth and she too...lost consciousness...

7:00...Undisclosed Location...
4bd27b9a7d573e18adf46c326538f0f2--close-my-eyes-gold-eyes.jpg
After what felt like a while, Nanami woke up with a headache. Sadly, it was really dark where she was currently at. As her vision cleared, she found herself in an empty room, and her arms were hurting. Something was around her wrists and she couldn't talked. She was gagged too. Looking up, she saw that her hands were bound together and she was suspended from a pipe, She figure out what it was made up. Nanami was soon appalled when she looked down to see her belly, her dress flowing and realizing that her feet were not touching the ground. As tears rolled down her cheeks, as she was now absolutely horrified. Across the room, was Justina, who had yet to regain consciousness. Like her, Justina was also suspended from a pipe, her hands bound together, and she was gagged. Since Justina was wearing a white dress though, she noticed that it was a little dirty. Someone had broken into their house and was waiting for them.

But who would want to kidnap not only one, but two heavily pregnant women? What was their purpose, their motivation? Looking to the left wall, she saw something scrawled in big letters.
"Happy Anniversary, Nanami..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back