• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern GRAD NIGHT - 1995

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

giphy.gif

Interactions: Mickey, Chel, Rod
Mentions: Geun Sae Geun Sae BELIAL. BELIAL. Lia Lia
Heather "Kitty" Kitts

Heather grinned, “Don’t sweat it, Mick, I’m a big girl. Pretty sure I could find my way there,” Playfully rolling her eyes, she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear - “Besides, if Chel’s coming, you know she’s got a ride somewhere. Girl’s got half of Newby in her contacts.” Kitty surveyed the crowd again, in time for Rodrigo’s shout. The cheerleader soured. While they were friends out of participation, a group centered on sport and afterschool training, Rod’s loud call was enough for a spiteful glare from the newly garnered attention.

Her upset turned to Chel, mimicking a line across her throat in a jagged motion. Kitty would’ve crucified herself for that well-guarded childhood friendship, though the sisterly sentiment was alive and well for a squabble. Still, they had a ride.

"Rod is in deep,” Heather muttered, watching them go off together across the field - moving from pinky-promise to wrapping her arm around his. “My heels are sinkin’ in the grass, don’t stress those two. Shame Rodrigo got that big scholarship deal right, still, guess they could write one another.”

She gave Mickey a warmer smile, “Y’know Maggie’s all alone, we oughta go see how she is. Billy’s probably talked her ear off with all that party plannin’ - might not be your cup-a-joe but nobody oughta be left by their lonesome on graduation day. Or y’gonna walk out on me for them teammates of yours.” Kitty emphasised the gentle accusation with a prod, offering her best distraction to lighten the mood. “Maybe we should get Alek and Maggie together - give them a nudge, they’re both coming right?”

ezgif-6-3f82149154.gif

Interactions: Jennifer
Mentions: BELIAL. BELIAL.
Colt B. Callaway

“Rottin’ in a trailer?” Colt’s jaw pulsed, “Y’think y’can just talk down to me since you got out? Ever crossed your mind I ain’t wanted none of this?” He began to descend from the doorway, heavy steps meandering closer with squared shoulders until Callaway dwarfed Jennifer. Silhouetted, tall, all stale bourbon and dark scowl.

“Know what it's like to never be somebody, Jen? You’ve always had that. Jennifer Johnson got money. Jennifer Johnson gonna be a big deal. Jennifer Johnson, she got a legacy. Her daddy paid for it.” His fists closed up, leaning in, “I fucked up the chance. I fucked it up.” Colt abruptly turned his head, “My momma died and you never even showed to the funeral. Wanna know the only place they ever thought to help me? Huh?” Callaway gripped her by the upper arms, strength flexing as muscle pulled taut to bring her that little bit closer, “Prison. They had to wait till I was locked up to begin askin’ what's wrong. ‘Cause I thought for a long time I shoulda died by Dunne, you woulda been happier for it. I wouldn’t be waitin’ around to drink myself to death.”

Their new intimacy brought his voice lower, “Fuck you, J.J. You fucked me up. Ten years is a long time to realise that once you were gone, you were gone.”

Callaway sighed, watching her hands tremble; the soft dipping of her lips under a nervous bite. At long last, he released her, “Kids still idolise that whole thing y’know. Ain’t unusual. I got them high schoolers who badger me ‘bout it at all hours - ‘course, don’t make it any easier but it’s like befriendin’ a flock of crows. Stops 'em gettin' shot if they wake me up.”

He tucked one thumb into the top of his belt and nodded back, “‘Spose I oughta thank you for gettin’ me out before sunset.” His prior anger had all but dissipated to a defeated, blank expression. Perpetually melancholy. No path to follow, no family, just Newby County lock-up and painkillers washed down with booze.

Colt began to shift away, “Y’want a drink?”

Around 12:00 pm - May 19th, 1995

Rosa parked her car outside the Willbey household, heart pounding in her chest. She took out her key ring, pulling up the third key on it. The only other key she had needed in her adult life. House key, car key, and the key Joseph had given her on one of her first visits back to Newby, back to see him. Her hands shook so badly that she couldn’t fit the key into the lock. Her vision was blurred by tears and lack of sleep. She tried to breathe but her lungs wouldn’t do their damn job.

When she finally got the key into the lock, turning until it clicked, she felt a little more relieved. But her brief relief was washed away by the coppery smell inside the house. “J-Joseph?” Rosa called out, taking trembling steps inside the house. It was probably nothing. He was a taxidermist and a hunter, it wasn’t unusual to smell blood on the premises. Even though Joseph tended to keep the meat where it was cold, and his boots weren’t in their place by the door and there was mud tracked into the house, almost as if he had forgotten them in a hurry....

That's when she spotted the stain on the floor. Dark red with the scent of copper all around it. Her eyes trailed to the origin and her mouth opened in the most terrifying scream. Tears trailed down her face as she ran away from the body of her friend. It wasn't what it seemed. It couldn't have been. Joseph wasn't suicidal. He was happy. They were happy together. She'd never even told him. The love of her life and she'd never even told him. She ran out of the house, getting into her car and driving to the police station.

She didn't know how many traffic laws she broke, only that the only person who ever tried to understand her was dead on his kitchen floor, throat cut and knife in hand. Rosa slammed the door of her car, startling her cat once again, before she ran inside. Every muscle in her body burned, her throat was rubbed raw. She could barely see with all the tears in her eyes, running down her cheeks.

"There's a dead body at the Willbey House!" she gasped out, breathing heavily. "J-" she stopped to take a breath. "Joseph Willbey is dead!"

(Police Station/Sheriff McKenzie Geun Sae Geun Sae )

12:15 - The Sheriff's Station
LivelyLightheartedAfricanrockpython-max-1mb.gif
Sheriff McKenzie sipped the black coffee from his mug. Still recovering from his nasty hangover, he pushed back his unwashed hair and flipped to the next page of his newspaper. Since the case file of ongoing and open cases of Newby county had fallen to just two stabled reports sandwiched between an empty manilla folder. Since 1992, Newby hadn't had a single violent crime. Not one assault, murder, altercation, or accident that couldn't be taken care of with a few words and a few sober friends. Even in '92, the worst offense was an accidental misfiring of a gun at the downtown bar when Lewis Peltzer got in a scuffle with Daniel Mchugh. Even further back, the town hadn't seen anything even remotely approaching the ferociousness and scope of the Grad Night murders of '85.

Mckenzie remembered the night vividly. Not that there was much to remember. He was a younger deputy at the time, not young by any stretch of the imagination, but younger nonetheless. He and Sheriff Burke received a call to drive down to Lakeshore Drive. There was a shootout, and just like that, it'd been over. For Mckenzie, the real battle of the Grad Night murders was the swarming locust he called the press. Mckenzie remembers waving off of reporters from hospital beds and shooing them away from memorial services. What rotten bastards those newscasters are.

Now in his old age, Mckenzie spends his days finishing crossword puzzles and occasionally answering disgruntled calls from Newby business owners about the meddling kids from the middle school and their graffiti. He'd been halfway through an especially challenging word search when the familiar voice of a trouble maker caught his attention. The visibly pregnant Nanami waddled into his office. "Um, hello, Sheriff McKenzie? We need to talk.", she whispered.

"Morning Nanami, how can I help ya?" He said, unbothered by the lack of urgency in his own voice.

Shortly after, there was the slamming of the Station's front door. Footsteps pounded on the floor into Mckenzie's office.

"There's a dead body at the Willbey House!" she gasped out, breathing heavily. "J-" she stopped to take a breath. "Joseph Willbey is dead!" Rosa screamed, tears flowing down her face.

Sheriff Mckenzie let out a breath of air. "What is this a reunion?" Mckenzie sighed, "Nanami is this what you were here to tell me?"

He got up from his chair and put his hand on the crying girl's shoulder. He reached for the radio on his shoulder "I Need both deputies and an ambulance down to the Willeby house ASAP."

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Walliver Walliver

Last edited:
Jenny Johnson
d07e36dc7652b1395ad4d51b1c05d3ab4fe6cdaf.gifv

a6cc96ff962137e8188dd785bbe3c78613d17c5c.gifv

97735e7a93c4aa426a13c2385d231fed7246edbe.gifv

Location Trailer Park
CompanyColt
Tags idalie idalie
She'd stiffened once he'd grabbed her, the words becoming harder and harder to swallow. Jenny went deathly still, measuring the dull ache in her arms from the ferocity of his manhandling. Anyone else and she'd probably have rebelled immediately, a slap thrown left and a punch to the gut with the right, but with Colt she could only brace for the blows.

His hurt had been apparent once upon a time, almost as ferocious as it was now. She knew what she'd said to him, and how it would have severed their connection completely. It's why she had done it. She didn't need her high school sweetheart, someone she loved, to chase her down when all she wanted was to be free of it all. To hear that he figured he'd ought to have died, that it would have been better for her, would have made her cry if she wasn't so terrified at his outburst.

He seemed as convinced as she did that the papers were just some prank, or some scare. Nothing to be harmed over... Hopefully. Though her gut bit at it.

Colt released her, already slinking back into whatever recesses of his mind held darkness. She saw him drop it-- to act as if nothing that had been said had happened. Had he really been waiting ten whole years to say this? And had his mother really died, and she'd had no idea? Address, numbers and emails to contact had been changed, of course, to avoid press hounding and any memories of Newby to come back. Perhaps it was the throes of trauma and being just a teenager that she hadn't realized how hard she'd slammed the door in his face.

It was opening now, just slightly. Y'want a drink?

Folding the letter back into the envelope, with a sigh, Jenny pocketed the thing in her coat. After a breath, cheeks still red from the confrontation, she shrugged her shoulders and nodded.

"Um... Yeah. I don't... I don't mind." She could pepper excuses all she'd liked, but the honorific sense of guilt kept her rooted to the spot, merely to follow as he signaled inside. "Colt I... I didn't... I didn't think any of this still... I would never want you dead, alright?" The comment had stood out. After all the death they shared, it felt the most like a slap than anything, even him wallowing away in the town.

She stopped him, grabbing at his arm lightly with one foot up the steps of the trailer. "Y...You meant a lot to me. Mean a lot to me. You... saved me, dummy."

Her stomach still burned with icy shame, but she let a smile fall on her lips to try and defrost it.

Suddenly she felt a kid again, seventeen, calling him dummy and punching him in the arm when he was being goofy. He'd always made her smile. Stupid things, sweet things, veiled compliments spread over the shared air of the backseat of his car, nested into each other. Summers long since passed. Summers kept in secret. I'll stop the world and melt with you.

Jenny's hand maybe lingered a little too long on his arm, giving it a gentle squeeze, before dropping it to her side.

Rodrigo "Rod" Martinez

C35F3F9F-C09C-459E-9FC7-FBC299FF3C68.jpeg
That brief interaction with Mickey and Kitty disappeared from Rod's thoughts the second he was alone with Chel once more. He watched her chatter about the end of their school days and how shitty it was that they weren't still full adults anyway, nodding the entire time. But he didn't know if he really shared her happiness at leaving school. He'd made a lot of friends there, gone to a lot of amazing parties, played a lot of games with the football team. It was hard for him to turn his back on it all. Above all, the football field and the locker room had become places where he felt more comfortable than at home. A safe haven of sorts.

And given that Rod's future was still uncertain, his secure past at school still seemed to give him some kind of refuge.

He barely knew how to respond when she asked him what five things he wanted to do before he died. Rod had never wasted much time entertaining abstract ideas, anyway. "Shit, Chel, I dunno. You know I'm the kind of guy who prefers to take it one day at a time." He replied. But the glimpse of the joint she had with her convinced him to make at least one attempt to answer the question, as difficult as it was.

"Lemme think. First thing, I wanna be famous. Maybe I can become a well-known football player or something?" Rod pondered, stepping behind Chel into the space beneath the bleachers, thinking this might actually be the last time they did this. "Second thing, I wanna keep in touch with all my friends at Newby High. I don't want y'all to forget me."

Rod himself knew he would never forget them, no matter what the future held for any of them. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed as he tried to think of a third thing. He was running out of ideas quickly. "Third thing… Holy shit, this is gettin' hard. Third thing, I wanna become independent and be able to leave my fucking family behind." He ended up saying. No more fights with unbearable stepsiblings, no more stepfather humiliating him, no more mother who didn't defend him and thought he should kiss his stepfather's feet for the money and comfort he gave him.

"Fourth, I wanna meet new people, experience new stuff." He went on, moving even closer to Chel. And then Rod said the last thing on his list, which also seemed to be the most important thing at the moment. "Fifth and last thing, I totally wanna kiss you right now."

Tags: BELIAL. BELIAL.

Last edited:

Aleksander Herrington

EHeZ.gif

Noon | Football Field
+ Margot Rooks

Looking around amongst his fellow classmates and, well, 'friends', so to speak definitely did wake in Aleks an existential sentiment of loneliness, as much as he'd never admit it, he truly feels alone. In a blink of an eye, he just threw away what should've been his formative years, where he'd gain his most trusted of friends as Aleks dreamed of his future achievements, reaching the skies, but that didn't happen, what incurred instead was a life that only hoped for a change of heart as he could only shrink to himself.

But what should he have done? All odds were against Aleks since the beginning, how could he have fought something so heartbreaking alone?

Alone.
It's always that word that Aleks describes himself as.
Maybe if the future changes... Then the past will too.

"...Dad left you to your own too?" Maybe Aleks was just too bored, but either way, he spoke out to Maggie with soft eyes and an ever so slight smile, seeing her nearby in the field. Loner recognizes loner, so to speak.

themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

Last edited:
The Cat Man The Cat Man
It took Maggie a moment to process the question, and she looked up from her mirror with a small start. "Huh? Oh! Um, yeah." She gave a small, embarrassed smile of her own, hurriedly shoving the compact back into her purse. "Yeah... had a meet with a publisher today. Vicky was- able to get some video, but she just left to get some lunch, " she rambled, moving her purse so he had room to sit next to her.

She had always felt safe around him - and they had sat in the quieter corner of the cafeteria together during lunch enough times to have more than a few conversations. Maggie's smile faded for a moment. "So, um - sorry, you've probably gotten this - too much, but - how are you holding up?"

Aleksander Herrington

EHeZ.gif

Noon | Football Field
+ Margot Rooks

"...That's, um, good."
Aleks answered the best he could in response, a little stiffly and blunt as he awkwardly shuffled closer to her, not nearly enough as to take the space of her purse but not as far away considering small talk standards, whatever that could entail nowadays. Either way, he felt some sort of relief in response to Maggie's comments, Aleks wouldn't wish his suffering onto anyone else, especially someone like her.

Aleks feels like he's being selfish whenever he thinks he's relating to Maggie's issues with her father, since it's clearly different enough that hers would actually send someone to at least film something from this moment. It's not like Aleks hates his father... He just wishes he'd talk to him before he left in the middle of the ceremony, even then, Aleks also feels selfish for judging his father.
There's a... lot of thoughts that Aleks just can't face right now, so many things remain uncertain.

For example:
'How are you holding up?'
One day, Aleks knows he'll have to answer something else than that monotonous syllable followed by a blank nod, but not right now, it's too much to feel for to answer that.
So... For now, just the same as always.
"...Ok."

Last edited:
The Cat Man The Cat Man
The redhead didn't seem convinced, but stayed quiet - they were his own problems, and she didn't want to pry unless he was open to it. She gave a small smile, changing the subject. "So, um... has Billy made his whole pitch to you yet? I - think he's making the rounds around the whole student populus. Like the Mari Lwyd, but giving out invites."

~Nanami Ishimoto~Too Little Too Late
06ntcoco1_1515198909.jpg
Once the aging Sheriff made eye-contact with her, Nanami's blood did run a little cold. Since their last encounter ten years ago, it looks like the Sheriff has since become a grumpy old man. Well, maybe not old, but age definitely caught up to him, even if things have calmed down a lot since the Massacre, which the town had become notorious for. Perhaps she and her family would move away from this town after she and her sister give birth? Sure, her Sister was being induced tomorrow morning, but Nanami, as far as she was concerned, was playing the waiting game with her own babies. Who knew twins would be this stubborn! As she cradled her swollen belly, Nanami took a deep breath. "Someone sent me this in the mail." She pulled the photo of her eyes being crossed out with blood and the note that was written on it, about how she and her babies would be next.

milca-sample-01B2 (2).jpg
She then set the note on his desk so that he could have a better look at it. As she began cradling the swollen belly, Nanami wanted to cry, mainly because she was just terrified of how someone could threaten a pregnant woman. Before she could elaborate any further, she was interrupted the loud bang of the front door opening followed by someone bursting into the Office. When Nanami turned around to see who it was, she recognized the woman immediately. Rosa Esther...She was stabbed that night, but survived the onslaught. But why did she look so distraught? The look on Rosa's face made Nanami's blood run cold as she began holding her belly in a more protective matter. But as soon as she yelled out that Joseph Willbey was dead. When Sheriff McKenzie asked if that was what she had come to tell him, Nanami shook her head. "No, I came here to tell you that whoever sent me that photo on your desk with blood-writing is planning to target the survivors of the massacre ten years ago. But...With what Ms. Esther just told us...I think I'm right..." She said as a few tears rolled down her cheeks. "What are we going to do?" She asked, now completely terrified as she caressed the belly after feeling a few kicks against her hand.

Interactions: Sheriff McKenzie Geun Sae Geun Sae | Rosa Esther Walliver Walliver

12:18 - The Sheriff's Station
LivelyLightheartedAfricanrockpython-max-1mb.gif
Sheriff Mckenzie couldn’t help but chuckle to himself. “I’m sorry dear, I don’t mean to sound callous at all but I think what you need to do is stop watching those scary movies.” He lifted his mug of black coffee and took a sip. “I mean, I’ll have to launch an investigation and wait for the Coroner’s report, but I think it’s fairly obvious what we have here a suicide.”

He reached his hand out to Nanami this time in a pitiful attempt to console her, all while keeping his eyes on Rosa. “I know you two were close darlin’. Ya gotta be after what you two went through. Life after tragedy ‘ain't easy.”

“Willeby was a known schizophrenic. Hell, half our calls every month were Willeby ramblin’ on about some nonsense. I don’t want to say it was inevitable but - well, you know.”

He reached for his gun on the desk, placing it in his holster and taking one last sip of coffee. “I have to get going girls, gotta get down there to that Willerby house. You take time to let yourselves heal. “

Mckenzie sighed, I’ll call you first thing tomorrow morning.”, he reassured the women. “I know how you feel. From my experience, it always helps to talk to someone who’s been through the same thing. I’ve heard that that Jones girl is back in town. I don’t know, just spitballin’ “

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Walliver Walliver

--

e1bcb6b43b0111b16ac404269db76151--kerr-smith-dawson-creek.jpg
Mickey could feel his heartbeat in his chest. An absent-minded smile had begun to form on his face. With Heather’s arm wrapped around his, he felt like Cassanova. He paused for a moment to wipe the sweat off his clammy hands on his gown.

“Shame Rodrigo got that big scholarship deal right, still, guess they could write one another.”

Mickey bit his lip, he thought about spouting out a snide remark, something mean-spirited and bitter. But for once in a very long time, he had nothing to say. Sure, Rod was still a flaming pain in Mickey’s ass with narcissistic tendencies, but that just wasn’t his problem anymore. After today, he wouldn’t have to deal with anybody's bullshit ever again. And as much as he looked forward to the road trips he and Billy planned for the summer, Mickey couldn’t help but also feel a sense of relief that their friendship was drawing towards its conclusion.

Billy was a good friend, but Mickey was going to be an adult soon and he needed adult friends. He needed friends who didn’t get drunk and throw up in plant vases and friends who knew what a preposition or a verb are.

Mickey’s cloud nine was undercut by a familiar sting in his leg. It was the same sting that ran through his knee when he stood for too long, especially whenever he tried to walk straight.

“I’d love to but uh, I need think I need to sit down for a little,” Mickey said softly, looking down at the grass under his feet. It was a bad look, like a lot of other things he did. Bad looks seem to fit him well. “My legs kinda killin' me and I gotta help Billy and Rod out with party prep.”

He looked back up at Heather one more time, his eyebrows burrowing in a mixed expression of concern and humiliation. “I’ll see you tonight. I might dress up a little but there’s no pressure or anything.” He paused, then reached his hand up to push a strand of blonde hair the wind had blown into Heather’s face. “We’re probably gonna make a liquor run in Lexington, any favorite drinks you want me to pick up? Just for you and me.”

idalie idalie

Last edited:
Chel Lucas
61528b6144752c01f6eb938abb7f6f247ef9fc02.gif

b867510c4d7a80fa98f13352abb5920fd9293669.gifv

smiling-kiana-madeira.gif

Location The Highschool (Under the Bleachers)
CompanyRod
Tags Lia Lia
Shuffling over to some slightly out of the way corner beneath the bleachers, leaning her shoulder against one of the posts, Chel quickly whipped said joint out as well as a lighter she'd shoved in her boot. Beneath her grad robe she wore a fairly nice pair of trousers, men's that were a few sizes too large and held together by a gaudy belt with some hideous buckle, and some ruffled blouse her mother had insisted on her wearing. The thing proved a good soak for all the smoke that was probably going to latch onto it. Good thing she kept that perfume tucked into her bra.

Snapping the lighter with the joint between her lips, she gave half a look over her shoulder as Rod began to list off the things she'd requested. Each one earned a nod from Chel, agreeing and seeing the reasoning behind it. From what she knew, he definitely would do better leaving Newby. It would be good for him, and she hoped she'd see him on some stupid magazine cover in ten years for Sports Illustrated or something. Real success, measured in the things that people cared about. Looks. Talent. Fame.

Continuing to listen as she lit the end, taking a huge drag, Chel thought she'd almost not heard him at his fifth thing. Crumpling her face into confusion she turned around again, fully this time, joint still tucked between her lips. Squinting her eyes, she looked him up and down. In her growing haze she could see he looked serious. Real, dead serious. Her throat seemed to dry from the confrontation of such a moment. She had to give it to him, better to be bold than to wait around.

Plucking the paper from her lips now, still staring at him slightly incredulous, Chel blew the smoke out from the side of her lips, half inhaling with a flare to her nostrils.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaa?" Chel said finally, uttering a breathy giggle that shuddered into a cough. Finding her elbow she hacked a bit, shaking her head to clear the smoke in her brain. "You... you're forreal?"

She smiled, nevertheless. Even if it was... a little jarring. And she was still processing it all.

Holding the joint out, Chel pursed her lips. "Why... Why would you wanna do something like that? You haven't even smoked enough to be buggin' like that." But her smile was inviting and curious... She sure as hell wasn't sure where this came from but... Well, Rod was handsome and he was a good friend. He knew how to let loose, too.

Plus, he'd be leaving. It wasn't like it meant anything, anyway. Chel'd stay in Newby, and she'd make herself forget all about it.

Aleksander Herrington

tumblr_ml0rdozk7P1qkwizdo5_250.gif

Noon | Football Field
+ Margot Rooks

"...Not Billy, but word came to me from Chel."Aleksander is still pretty sure that there's no way he'd leave without being at least invited or something, Billy would make sure of it somehow, he's always trying to make him feel like he's a part of the school or something, some days have been a little nicer because of that guy. "Feel like he'd invite the whole school if he could... Maybe except for that one kid..." His name escapes Aleks' mind as they've never really interacted a lot, both of them being loners and all, maybe he's the only reason why Aleks isn't too harassed by being the bottom of the barrel with Aleks in second-last. A small reminder was made to at least say something to him, but Aleks hadn't seen him so far, not like he blames him for skipping out, he himself barely didn't come.

"...So you coming to that horsehead's party?" A little small joke with a playful smirk, Aleks can't lie to himself, just talking like this... feels much more therapeutic sometimes. "I... think I'll just drop some stuff and get out after chilling for a bit, parties' just not my thing."

Last edited:
The Cat Man The Cat Man
"...yeah. At - least I don't have to sing rhymes over it. I mean, I'm - definitely not staying until midnight or anything, just - dinner and talking with people, you know? For - sure not dancing, though ," she added awkwardly. " Unless tap dancing suddenly becomes - the cool thing to do. Still remember - from like- fifth grade, I think. " Maggie's face went a little pink at that.

Rosa took a deep breath, focusing on anything else than the scene in her mind. Her head was pounding, from crying and screaming and running so far. She felt numb otherwise. Unsteady and untethered. It would be a while before the realization hit, that was how most of her patients described it. That was how the textbooks said it was. She knew there was guilt, there were horrible flashbacks and unwanted memories. But all she felt was... sad.

She remembered her cat, Cheez Wiz. He was still in his carrier, in the car. She walked out of the police station, opening the passenger door. “Hey there, sorry about all the fuss.” she said quietly, taking the small cat out. The orange kitten mewled, sensing her distress. She lifted him up to her shoulder, letting him curl up there.

There was a box buried at the bottom of her purse. A box covered and lined with velvet. A box that held a beautiful but functional ring. But Rosa had always been such a coward. Rosa had never done anything brave or important in her entire life. And she was paying the price for the worst mistake of her life.

“Joseph Willbey wasn’t suicidal. I know it. He was one of the happiest people I knew, he had something to live for. He had his mother, and he had me.” Rosa marched up to the officer she had talked to earlier. “No matter what you want to call him, he wouldn’t kill himself. It doesn’t fit his psychological profile. And Joseph would never leave his boots on indoors especially if they were muddy.”

It came to her, faster than a freight train. “He was running from something, and that something killed him. If you don’t believe me, fine. But that’s my statement, I hope you were taking notes.”

Sheriff McKenzie- Geun Sae Geun Sae

Aleksander Herrington

EHeZ.gif

Noon | Football Field
+ Margot Rooks

"That's good, just, uh, be careful and all." Aleks is a little nervous about the party, even if he's not staying for long, it's been a good while since he's been to one, after all, and he assumes the same for Maggie as well, both being essential loners and such, it can be a lot for both of them. That and he's not stupid, Aleks knows teenagers are dumb and impulsive, who knows what sort of things they could try to do? Purposefully or not, someone could get hurt.

"...Well, that could be a good party trick and stuff, like I can recite the entire 'to be or not to be' speech, that's all I got." Aleks tried to lift her up a bit, saying something he could do, one of the very few things he remembers from beforehand. His brother must've said that melodramatic prose a million times for Aleks to still remember, not like it went unfounded, he did bring home that trophy.
It was probably his brother's happiest day.

"...And of course, thanks for tolerating me, Mom, Dad and Bro! Told you I'd make up for that stink bomb! I love you!"

Just try a million times, right?

"...Think I'll go home now after going around the school one last time." Aleks decisively spoke after a moment of long pondering, lifting himself off the ground. He isn't sure what to feel right now, but... Aleks feels a little more free after talking with Maggie, a weight that feels just a little lighter to carry.
He feels like going home might not be so hard now.

Last edited:

Rodrigo "Rod" Martinez

0067B1BD-D710-4822-B124-A667B3CC1325.jpeg
As Chel choked on the smoke from her joint and practically squirmed in surprise at that sudden remark, Rod watched her with raised eyebrows and a slight smile on his lips. He wasn't the kind of guy who got nervous around girls, even if it was one he truly liked. And shit, even though she obviously hadn't thrown herself into his arms or anything, Chel was still smiling at him in a way that indicated she didn't totally reject his idea. Quite the opposite.

"You're beautiful and nice and fun. How could I not want to kiss you?" He asked, looking deep into her eyes and chuckling lightly when she giggled. It was actually amazing that she didn't realize before that he simply spent every waking minute of his days wanting to kiss her. And Rod wasn't even the only person at that school who felt that way. His own friend Billy seemed to be interested in Chel, and he didn't doubt that more people were also in love with her.

When Rod had initially approached her, he hadn't intended to start any sort of friendship. He had occasional contact with her at parties, at school, and at his stepfather's restaurant where she worked, and he was planning on finally asking her out. In the end, he was happy to have a meaningful friendship with her, and he liked it when they got high and watched horror movies together. But still, the hope of having something more had never passed.

In the end, he shrugged. "But if the problem is that I'm not stoned enough yet, we can work it out now." He said, taking the joint from her hand and taking a drag. His mouth filled with the sweet taste he already knew well and his head soon began to lighten.

Rod handed the joint back to Chel. Then he put an arm around her waist and put his other hand in her hair, closed his eyes, brought his face closer and locked his lips on hers.

Tags: BELIAL. BELIAL.

Last edited:
The Cat Man The Cat Man

Maggie watched him get up, seeming like she was going to go back to sort-of daydreaming for a minute, but soon started to stand up as well. "Hey, um..." She stopped, went quiet for a moment. "...um, is... it okay if I walk with you, a little? If - you want to, of course," she immediately added, "It's just that - I probably need the exercise, and - I do kinda wanna - say goodbye to - you know how there's supposed to be the ghost of some teacher's assistant in the library?"

Chel Lucas
61528b6144752c01f6eb938abb7f6f247ef9fc02.gif

b867510c4d7a80fa98f13352abb5920fd9293669.gifv

smiling-kiana-madeira.gif

Location The Highschool (Under the Bleachers)
CompanyRod
Tags Lia Lia
Being high and kissing was... out of body, in a sense. There was the weird sense of being grounded that came with the connection of lips, like a tree rooting itself into the ground; and yet, the otherworldly sensationalism of every other appendage simply evaporating into nothingness. Your head spins, your nerves sing and all of a sudden you're brought right back to where you are. Chel's feet remained planted but she found her balance swaying, and instinctually reaching with the one hand that didn't hold the joint, she pressed back to try and right herself. It was better than than falling face first with Rod onto the ground.

Pulling back she froze, making a face as she tried to reason with what had just happened. Like trying to find the winning component of a prized wine, Chel smacked her lips together, looking up and away.

"That... was out of this world. Like-- I've, ya know, kissed before and all but I've been... so super high that you don't even know what the fuckks goin' on," Chel explained, quickly puffing and pulling at the joint once more. She quickly inhaled it a few times in a row, like puffing on a tobacco pipe, and then continued on with her speech in an inhaled voice. "And... that was kinda cool."

She smiled again, blinking rapidly and holding the joint out. Chel'd already been high but this was a topping off-- or was it still the reeling from the kiss?

"Uhhh... We should... Probably make like a leaf and get outta here." She jutted a thumb out back toward the field. "But like-- you know, if you wanna... I dunno do that some more later or whatever... Or like... whatever... Yeah. That'd be cool."

The lack of vocabulary was made worse by the lightheadness she felt as well as the overall intoxication of the marijuana. Still she felt... giddy, almost. It didn't matter what it meant, or what would come after to her. Not at all. She was just relishing in the feeling of it all. And well, knowing that Rod thought she was beautiful, too. Not even just pretty, or fly. Totally textbook, some guy written out of a movie, she figured.

Nearing the end of their quick puff, she retrieved the small bit of perfume and started dousing it over the gown for effect, after quickly removing the dumb thing-- there was a party to be had, and to plan, anyway.

"Let's bounce!"

~Nanami Ishimoto~~Consolation (Ending Scene)~
4c5ed55b78494f3b1bc79dbe05025085.jpg
Nanami was left with more questions then answers by the time that Sheriff McKenzie had to leave. After he holstered his service pistol, it was not long until Nanami found herself back out in the parking lot once more. As her back and her feet were starting to hurt, she ended up leaning against the back of her car, watching as the Sheriff left in his Cruiser. Was the late Joseph Willbey really suicidal? Schizophrenic. Nanami never pegged him to be as such. A little on the crazy and weird side, sure, but not suicidal or schizophrenic. Memories soon crossed her mind, particularly the day where she stopped a couple of bullies from beating him up and then helping him to his feet after scaring them away. Since that day, she treated him with kindness. In the end, they were all human beings, no more, no less then others. By the time Senior Year started, her patience for bullies wore thin. After a while, she stopped looking for a teacher, stopped breaking up the fights and scuffles. Instead, Nanami would go straight to the brawling herself, lifting a bully off of another student before proceeding to dish out her own punishment for them and it didn't matter who they were. After the more violent memories, came the more peaceful ones, where Nanami offered to help him with his homework, from proof-reading his essays to helping him step-by-step with Math problems. Not only did she want to set a better example for her classmates as their Valedictorian, but she was also a genuinely kind-hearted person. The last memory to cross her mind, was when she was arguing with a teacher for breaking another student's nose and arm as well as give him a black eye for harassing Joseph. "People like you, who suck at your goddamn job, are the reason why my Father taught how to fucking punch properly!"

After that last sentence had passed, Nanami snapped back to reality. Over in a different parking space from where her car was, she saw Rosa speaking with another Officer, giving him details concerning Joseph's untimely death. After the Officer wrote down a few things in his notepad and walked back into the station, Nanami took her chance to approach Rosa. "I'm sorry for your loss, Rosa. Nothing I say will bring you any comfort, and I know how important Joseph was to you." She began holding her belly as she looked at the cat perched on top of Rosa's shoulder. "I know its no consolation, but I wanted to be here for you if you needed anything to help you through this...tragedy." She sighed, hoping that she didn't step on any nerves with that last sentence.

Interactions: Sheriff McKenzie Geun Sae Geun Sae | Rosa Esther Walliver Walliver

Last edited:
Cameron felt a twinge of sadness at Justina’s words. “Former, right.” she sighed, looking down at the black denim of her jeans. “I just don’t know if I’m ready to move on from all this. Newby is...all I’ve ever known and all my friends...all the friends I have now are here.“ she fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist. “It’s a scholarship to Emory University. All the way in Atlanta. I’ll be...really far from home.”

She shook her head, turning to Justina. “But, worrying about the future only got our parents grey hair and wrinkles. Do you wanna like...I don’t know, hang out or something? Not a big fan of parties myself and I’m not sure a graduation party full of booze and loud music is a good environment for, y’know, the kids.”

———————————

Rosa still felt a lingering sadness, left in the wake of her split-second of courage. The officer left to hand his notes off to someone else, and she was left alone. Well, not alone, Nanami was there. Rosa put on a smile, though it was tainted with sorrow. “Thank you. I know....I know you were a good friend to him. Probably better than I was.” she chuckled morosely.

“I was gonna go to the bar and drink my weight in liquor. It’ll probably be funny to watch, if you want to chaperone.” Rosa shrugged, petting the now-sleeping cat on her shoulder. “I just don’t think I should be alone with my thoughts right now. Never too good when a psychologist gets to thinking about their feelings, y’know?”

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

giphy.gif

Interactions: Mickey
Mentions: Geun Sae Geun Sae
Heather "Kitty" Kitts

Heather made a gentle ‘o’, realising her ask was more than Mickey could handle. The Cheerleader nipping at her lip to gnaw on raspberry gloss, “I didn’t - I’m real sorry Mick,” She inclined her head, hardly willing to mention at times it was easy to forget, “But you’re right, ain’t no biggie, don’t think I’m distracting you or nothing. Right?” Her head popped a tilt, easy joy and disguised embarrassment.

That and she’d be able to dig out whatever hideaway Chel vanished into, followed by Rod no less. Though even before that they’d had to change - Mickey mentioning dressing up putting the self-imposed tension a spike higher. For that, she really would need Chel. At least to make some wayward, nonsensical comment about it while Kitty tore her hair out. There was no such thing as being unpressured for a Kitts.

His hand reached to brush back the hair from her face, apathy exchanged for surprise and another flush, “Cherry cola and vodka,” She hadn’t understood quite how the tips of his fingers were a little rougher, sportsman-worn. “I like it sweet. Whatever you get.”

Kitty leaned in, impulsively pressing a kiss to Mickey’s cheek with a print of shimmered pink left in its wake. “Take it easy,” Heather remarked in a near-whisper, “I’ll see you then, alright Captain?” Her farewell made with a lazy half salute.

ezgif-6-3f82149154.gif

Interactions: Jennifer
Mentions: BELIAL. BELIAL.
Colt B. Callaway

Callaway paused to hear Jenny setting the record straight, half-believing whatever truth she peddled. If only the word of an old love could cure all ills. If he’d died instead of Dias, the future would’ve hurt less. Expectation and undue blame would’ve never rested on the shoulders of an eighteen-year-old boy. Jenny ought to have grieved and moved on quickly, leaving no time for the words spoken in that hospital room. Colt Callaway, 1966 - 1985 had a better ring to it as some tragic martyr’s tombstone.

But Johnson grabbed him by the arm, turning. She just had that face. Every nostalgic memoir, every confession of love, the shape of her eyes and cherry nose. Time had matured her, life dulled the spark but for a second he was staring into a warmth of familiarity that twisted the knife further. If it was only a decade earlier he could’ve leant down, clean-shaven with that half-cocked grin and kissed her. The type of kiss where you laughed, where your lips curled against theirs and lost all sincerity.

“I didn’t save you, Jen. That was them doctors n’ nurses up all night puttin’ you back together.” Colt’s face crumpled, palm overlapping hers with a gentle squeeze, “I ain’t been nobody else's dummy since. Best you know that sayin’ all them silly things,” She pulled away. Leaving a print of warmth, an echo of herself that ebbed and faded.

Colt aimed a sad, sappy smile, “Come on in, I’ll get you a beer. Tell me all about that big city life, huh? Have to start tellin’ people what happened to my girl.”

1:30 PM - East Side of Town

Nicole groaned as she pushed open the door of her home, kicking her shoes off in the entranceway with a huff. She stood for a moment, sighing as she surveyed the empty living room to her right and the empty kitchen to her left. She rolled her eyes and raised her voice at the quiet stillness of the home.

“Helloo? Anybody home?” She called out

Nothing. She concluded that her mother had probably gone out the night before and hitched a ride back to one of her many Newby men in rotation’s homes and stayed the night. Who knew when she’d be home.

As her bare feet stepped along the carpeted floor she pulled the hair tie out of her hair, letting her locks fall down to her shoulders. She was at a loss. Nicole had plenty of time to kill before the party. Maybe she’d call up Heather or Chels, chat them up on what to wear and what to bring. That was, of course, assuming they weren’t too busy with Mickey and Rod respectively.

She waltzed herself over to the fridge, stopping by the living room first to turn the tv on. From the other room, the sound of MTV blared over the quiet home. Nicole had to practically beg her mom to get basic cable, and in Newby small favors like late-night music videos and the real world were a godsend. Nicole thought to herself on the occasion that she should send in an audition tape, anything that could get her out of Newby was an opportunity not worth passing up.

Nicole opened the fridge door and sorted around its contents looking for something to snack on before the party. Shit. She thought to herself I totally slipped on asking someone to drive me

She knew that in reality, she had nothing to worry about. Chances were Heather, Chels or one of the other Newby high football jocks would be more than willing to give her a ride. She knew she needed to call someone soon though, better to call in advance. As she turned the corner her small body was immediately thrown back as it made contact with another, much taller body.

She’d almost jumped out of her skin as she landed in her back on the kitchen’s cold linoleum floor. There before her, also landing on the floor of the entryway was a masked intruder. Nicole immediately recognized the get-up as the same one her father wore ten years ago today.

The masked assailant looked almost as confused as Nicole was, almost like they weren’t expecting her to turn the corner so quickly.

Nicole’s instincts kicked in immediately. She flung her foot directly at the man’s chest, taking the opportunity to get back on her feet and try to make it to the door. The intruder retaliated, grabbing her by the ankle and pulling her down with such force that she slid across the kitchen floor.

The intruder lifted his hand, revealing a sharp metallic blade hidden beneath their graduation gown, twirling the blade in their hand in a cruel display of indifference towards Nicole. She threw her hands up in fear, “Please! I’m not like him I swear! I’d never hurt anybody!”

tumblr_nh9ip5n4aA1u1qld9o1_400.gifv
They looked at her in such a manner, Nicole could have sworn whoever it was, was smiling behind the mask. “What’s the matter?” the intruder mumbled behind the garb, “Don’t you wanna hug daddy?”
They lowered the blade viciously, slashing away at Nicole’s palms before descending on to her. Nicole felt the weight on her body as they kneeled on top of the young girl before plunging the knife into her chest, over and over again. The blade would raise, and swing back down repeatedly, continuing until the kitchen was a blood-splattered mess of walls painted red.

The assailant kicked the girl’s side, a careful move to ensure her mortality. They cracked their neck and wiped the blade clean of Nicole’s blood before grabbing her lifeless body by the forearms, dragging her back towards her closet. The body left a thick, wet, red trail of evidence.

The intruder made one more move of mocking cruelty, stringing up the young girl in the closet by a noose to perfectly mirror Stacy Mill’s death ten years ago today.

2:00 - Billy's House - The Northwest Side
american-pie-seann-william-scott-1562242313.jpg
kerr-smith.jpg
Billy set the pack of beer on the kitchen table with a huff of air. As Mickey stood counting the different bottles and boxes of various alcoholic beverages, Billy had already cracked open a bottle for himself.

"Jesus man it's not even five o'clock," Mickey remarked, carefully pushing aside the bottle of vodka and two-liter bottle of cherry cola he'd bought for Heather.

"Here's to the best times we'll never remember," Billy said with a smile. He raised the bottle up, letting a little bit of foam spill over the rim. "I plan to get absolutely inebriated tonight fellas. And unlike Casanova here, I plan to do it on beer, not sorority girl Mai Tai's and Pepsi cola."

Billy gently punched Mickey’s shoulder. Mickey shot back with a look of disdain. “You ever considered the reason why Chels hasn’t asked you to marry her is because all you drink is beer and protein shakes? Your breath probably smells like dog water.”

Billy punched Mickey a little harder this time. The two shared a smile, and Mickey could help but laugh a little.

“I don’t mean to sound sissy or anything, but I’m gonna miss you, you know that?” Mickey said softly.

“Trust me, Mickey, you don’t have to say anything to sound sissy. You are a sissy.” Billy looked at Mickey and cracked another grin. “But I’m gonna miss you too buddy. Be sure to call me when you’re away at Northwestern.”

“As long as your not too busy Mr. Hotshot football star.”

Mickey checked the clock. With every passing minute, he could feel his excitement grow. Tonight was the night he was going to Heather how he really felt. And he was excited for Billy too, the two of them had chatted about this night since they were freshmen. All Billy had ever wanted was to throw an unforgettable grad night blowout.

Mickey looked up from the table. His eyes were met with Rod, who’d been standing across the kitchen.

“So Rod. I’m getting with Kitt tonight, and Billy’s throwing the biggest and last party of his high school career. What are you looking forward to tonight?”

Lia Lia

2:00 pm- Newby’s Bar

“And he said, ‘Well you should have specified what kind of stuffed animal you wanted!’.” Rosa giggled, finishing off her glass. “That man was a wonder.” she shook her head. She rummaged around in her purse for a moment, pulling out the small, red velvet box. “I was going to propose, y’know. Down on one knee, all that traditional stuff. But I’ve always been such a coward. And now, well...” she waved for another drink from the bartender.

“You are growing a small- person? People? Whatever. You are currently making life in your stomach, which is like- amazing. I always wanted kids. Well, not always. Just recently, actually. But I’ve always thought kids were neat.” Rosa mused, sipping what was probably her third glass of whiskey. “One of my students, Sheila, she just had twins last month. She lets me babysit occasionally. They’re adorable, so cute and crawling around...”

She turned to Nanami. “I bet your kids are gonna be great. Just like their mom.”

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back