• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Gotham: Abandoned Hope - Overview

AncientWisemon

Ancient Warrior of Steel
Window-to-Gotham-City_NP.jpg

So, people, what we have here is a Gotham/Batman-based crossover and origins RP. I've envisioned it in a way that would distinguish it from other similar RP-s in a certain way, thus creating a creative and original environment for people to play.

So, what's it all about? If you're here, I presume you know something about Batman and the whole mythos and you've also probably seen (if not, then heard of) Gotham, since it's a hit series around the world at the moment. This RP is intended to be a blend of the two, set in a period where Bruce Wayne is just about to become or has just become Batman, with his Rogues Gallery still emerging, one by one. None of the characters have reached their prime at the moment and there is much work to be done.

gotham-arkham-asylum-jpg.jpg

Also, I must add that this is intended as a character driven episodic RP which would allow you much personal space for character development and participation in creating the plot. Each player and each character are cherished and their contribution is extremely valued. That said, one should understand that it means that each player can contribute to the development of the plot and suggest different ideas for it to explore. There is only a loosely fixed setting and outline that you will have to follow, but everything else is up to us! Suggestions and ideas will be taken into consideration and the plot will always be modeled in accordance with our character development. You can read up on the current plots, called episodes, and all the updates - here! Also, there will be several character-related subplots (suggested either by me or by the players themselves), which will be played here.

As far as characters go, you can read all the details here, but I'll add a short overview. The characters are canon-related, that much is obvious, but creativity and originality are especially valued. This means that you can take a canon character and revamp him and his origin story to fit your personal preferences, you can create a completely new character that will take the place of someone well know or you can create a completely original character you think will fit into the whole lore. Each of these is encouraged as is the creating and playing of two or more characters. Since this is an episodic RP, some characters will come, some will go, some will come back so, for you to always be able to participate and develop your characters, multitasking will be necessary. But, that will also add to the diversity of the RP itself.

gotham_103_gcpd_2963_hires1.jpg

This is a detailed RP with a tolerance for good casual posts. What is mostly encourages is good stories; concerning other rules, I can only say that general RP and RpN rules apply and that there will be no further supplements. As for the style, just follow the general guidelines for a detailed RP or, in this case - at least three paragraphs, good character development, proper grammar and a style of writing compatible to the characters. Regarding absences, those announced will be handled with the player himself, while those announced will follow this formula - PM after two days, a Notice after four days and finally me taking over the character and handling the plot after seven days. The player is always free to return, but would have to go through the admission process again and his old character is not reserved (if he/she is still free, he can reapply).

Interested? There's still a lot of spaces open so feel free to join us!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back