• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern (OPEN) Goodbye, Virginia (Am. Civil War Soldiers Turn Western Outlaws)

Winter_Wolf

you had me at whiskey
(Here, have a Civil War themed song while you're at it: Johnny Boy's Bones - Colter Wall ft. The Dead South)

The concept is that near the end of the American Civil War (around 1865), a few soldiers from both sides end up forming an outlaw gang and strike out west. Maybe they fear going back into the ranks or are tired of their treatment, maybe they don't think it's worth fighting on anymore, or don't have anyone or anything to look forward to once the war ends, and if they survive. They'll also have their expectations for the west. Wealth? Women? Reputation? Purpose? A combination?

Either way it won't be clear sailing, the army/government/law will have a beef with deserting outlaws, and most likely some victims or disgruntled people will resist. But there are opportunities out west for a bandit gang...

I hope this sounds interesting! As can be expected, if there's enough interest I'll post character sheets, main, and OOC threads.

Character thread: Realistic/Modern - (OPEN) Goodbye, Virginia CS - Civil War Outlaw Gang

Last edited:
For Dixieland we'll take our stand, to live or die in Dixie. To arms! To arms! To live or die for Dixie!~

Hopefully more will join. I've always been a fan of historical settings. Considered me intrigued. Private Sushi reportin' for duty!

For Dixieland we'll take our stand, to live or die in Dixie. To arms! To arms! To live or die for Dixie!~

Hopefully more will join. I've always been a fan of historical settings. Considered me intrigued. Private Sushi reportin' for duty!

Yep hopefully more will join indeed! Thanks for the 'great idea' (didn't realize that form of 'liking' existed).

So excited! CS is up! Awaiting others~

Lol I was actually making one thinking I would be first, then yours popped up. Good to see. Just a quick note though, in your CS you mention "the dissolution of the Confederacy"--maybe I wasn't clear, but the war is still going on at first, and the Confederacy still fighting, just not for long. The RP will start sometime between mid-late March (which for context is a bit after the Siege of Petersburg) and early April 1865 most likely.

I posted it—please let me know if you need me to change anything or make corrections—I researched a lot while writing it but it was difficult since I don’t currently have access to a computer!

I posted it—please let me know if you need me to change anything or make corrections—I researched a lot while writing it but it was difficult since I don’t currently have access to a computer!

Looks good!

Hopefully we can get at least one more person, maybe a Southerner with a gun to even it out somewhat (2 pistol armed Yanks, 1 axe armed Reb)

This seems super cool, but I'm not really that up to date with my civil war history, would that be to much of a hindrance?

This seems super cool, but I'm not really that up to date with my civil war history, would that be to much of a hindrance?

No not really. I'd be open to answering any historical questions, but with the Civil War coming to an end before too long (we start March 26, 1865 which is a day after Petersburg fell, and several days before the fall of the CSA capital at Richmond, Lee would surrender soon after that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back