Gonna Take a Break For a While

cojemo

2000 IQ Killjoy Detective
Sup everyone,

I'm just going to cut right to the chase as I've never been one for unneeded fluff; I'll be leaving this site while I sort things out in my life. For the few people I've talked to on here this shouldn't come as a huge surprise, as I've mentioned taking a break to deal with things before. However, no matter how many times I tried I just kept coming back against my better judgement. I've had a lot of fun here, and even though I've been a pretty quiet person I've met some great people that I respect a lot, so leaving that for even a little while was hard for me to do. However, this time I'm more determined to deal with things and stick to my word, with this very post being a written motivator to keep me away until things are dealt with.

The main reason I've come to this decision now is because things have become more serious when it comes to what I'm dealing with. Without getting personal, things have been difficult for a long time now, and more and more problems have been popping up because of things I've ignored. This stems back to, as far as I recall, shortly after I was already a part of the site, and things have been getting worse and worse over time. I need to start focusing on the things that matter and free up my mind, along with get rid of some unnecessary stress. Trying to keep up with roleplays and put out a post I'm proud of has been taking a toll on me recently. Sadly, keeping this up isn't helping me, so I have to let it go.

Normally my stubbornness and pride would still keep me RPing here, but these problems have made it extremely difficult to do so. I've been finding it extremely difficult to focus on making a post or find inspiration. Not only that, but I've been joining RP's that I've found interesting, then dropping because I just couldn't find any motivation to continue. My ability to continue this has been crippled, so there is no reason for me to keep trying in vain to make this work.

And now is the section where I give thanks to the people who've made creating this thread so difficult. This isn't something I'd usually do, but since there's a chance I could be gone for a VERY long time, I feel almost obligated to do so. I've always been a rather quiet person so this is a rather short list, but just in case I'll write it up anyways. Well then, here we go.

Farewells

@Prizzy Kriyze You've been someone that I've found easy to just casually talk to from the very beginning, something that I'm sure helped me out in the long run around here. You seem like a nice guy, and I hope things go well for you in whatever you do.

@Servant We haven't roleplayed together much, but from the little we did you showed you had great ideas. From your character to your RP's they were all very interesting and had that spark of fun and imagination that made reading your posts very enjoyable. It's a shame everything I was in with you never lasted long, but that's just how things go. Take it easy.

@Queen Rai I've already told you this many times, but you are easily the best writer I've met on this site, including myself. You kept me roleplaying and inspired me to improve whether you know you did or not, and I couldn't be more thankful for that. I know you're busy with your own things, so I hope all of that goes well for you. It's been a pleasure.

@The One Eyed Bandit You ...... wait, why am I tagging you? You suck, get out of here.

Ah, I'm just joking. Partially. As far as character creators go, I consider you among the best I've encountered (behind me, of course). You're just a fun person to interact with overall, though surprisingly we never actually roleplayed together all that much. Hopefully that To Aru roleplay we've been vying for pops up eventually! Anyways, have fun with what you do.

I hope I'm not missing anyone, and if I am I apologize greatly.

Hmmmmm. After reading all of this, it all seems like one huge jumbled mess that makes little sense. I've never been one for these goodbyes, and it turns out I'm not very good with them either. However, I think I'm not going to change or edit any of this, as it conveys the scattered state my head's been in for a while and how it's been as I've written this up. I hate to admit it, but this hurts. I love doing this, but I know that I need to take some time off and cool down. I'll probably lurk around here for a week or so. However, I probably won't want to stay around too long or else risk getting sucked back in. Anyways, have fun everyone, and hopefully I'll see all of you when I'm feeling better.

Oh, wow, wasn't expecting this when I woke up today. Though, it doesn't come as a surprise. OH SO YOU'RE TALKING SHIT ARE YOU?. Have to say, I'll miss you and your CHEEKY ASS, er, competitive ways... And I'll super miss having someone one this site who likes Index as much as I do ~_~ WHAT I'LL REALLY MISS IS BEATING YOU IN CHARACTER SHEETS, NERD. But, yeah, I get you, I came close to doing this same thing late last year. But MY better judgement, did not win out, haha.

I'll miss ya'll, detective. Get through what you needa get through, so you can come back stronger than ever :P

and try and make it back before the next character battle so i can trash you.

cojemo said:
Sup everyone,
I'm just going to cut right to the chase as I've never been one for unneeded fluff; I'll be leaving this site while I sort things out in my life. For the few people I've talked to on here this shouldn't come as a huge surprise, as I've mentioned taking a break to deal with things before. However, no matter how many times I tried I just kept coming back against my better judgement. I've had a lot of fun here, and even though I've been a pretty quiet person I've met some great people that I respect a lot, so leaving that for even a little while was hard for me to do. However, this time I'm more determined to deal with things and stick to my word, with this very post being a written motivator to keep me away until things are dealt with.

The main reason I've come to this decision now is because things have become more serious when it comes to what I'm dealing with. Without getting personal, things have been difficult for a long time now, and more and more problems have been popping up because of things I've ignored. This stems back to, as far as I recall, shortly after I was already a part of the site, and things have been getting worse and worse over time. I need to start focusing on the things that matter and free up my mind, along with get rid of some unnecessary stress. Trying to keep up with roleplays and put out a post I'm proud of has been taking a toll on me recently. Sadly, keeping this up isn't helping me, so I have to let it go.

Normally my stubbornness and pride would still keep me RPing here, but these problems have made it extremely difficult to do so. I've been finding it extremely difficult to focus on making a post or find inspiration. Not only that, but I've been joining RP's that I've found interesting, then dropping because I just couldn't find any motivation to continue. My ability to continue this has been crippled, so there is no reason for me to keep trying in vain to make this work.

And now is the section where I give thanks to the people who've made creating this thread so difficult. This isn't something I'd usually do, but since there's a chance I could be gone for a VERY long time, I feel almost obligated to do so. I've always been a rather quiet person so this is a rather short list, but just in case I'll write it up anyways. Well then, here we go.

Farewells

@Prizzy Kriyze You've been someone that I've found easy to just casually talk to from the very beginning, something that I'm sure helped me out in the long run around here. You seem like a nice guy, and I hope things go well for you in whatever you do.

@Servant We haven't roleplayed together much, but from the little we did you showed you had great ideas. From your character to your RP's they were all very interesting and had that spark of fun and imagination that made reading your posts very enjoyable. It's a shame everything I was in with you never lasted long, but that's just how things go. Take it easy.

@Queen Rai I've already told you this many times, but you are easily the best writer I've met on this site, including myself. You kept me roleplaying and inspired me to improve whether you know you did or not, and I couldn't be more thankful for that. I know you're busy with your own things, so I hope all of that goes well for you. It's been a pleasure.

@The One Eyed Bandit You ...... wait, why am I tagging you? You suck, get out of here.

Ah, I'm just joking. Partially. As far as character creators go, I consider you among the best I've encountered (behind me, of course). You're just a fun person to interact with overall, though surprisingly we never actually roleplayed together all that much. Hopefully that To Aru roleplay we've been vying for pops up eventually! Anyways, have fun with what you do.

I hope I'm not missing anyone, and if I am I apologize greatly.

Hmmmmm. After reading all of this, it all seems like one huge jumbled mess that makes little sense. I've never been one for these goodbyes, and it turns out I'm not very good with them either. However, I think I'm not going to change or edit any of this, as it conveys the scattered state my head's been in for a while and how it's been as I've written this up. I hate to admit it, but this hurts. I love doing this, but I know that I need to take some time off and cool down. I'll probably lurk around here for a week or so. However, I probably won't want to stay around too long or else risk getting sucked back in. Anyways, have fun everyone, and hopefully I'll see all of you when I'm feeling better.
Damn, you had become something of a constant in this sea of everchanging roleplayers, kept seeing you far after most others fell away. I had a weak feeling something like this would eventually happen though, nothing lasts forever, and now that we're here I'm just happy you're openly saying farewell and not just fading into nothing.

You seem like a pretty swell guy yourself, and it's close to two entire years ago since we first met. I hope you'll do alright, and maybe I'll see you again someday.

"Fuck you, Mars bar." - Geno, probably

See you around, ace student

Users who are viewing this thread

Back