• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern God Save the Queen

gluten

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Closed RP w/ ShurikenPhoenix

Dani sat idly in the backmost left seat of the classroom, running her fingers over the various profanities scratched in to the hardwood surface of the desk, some scratches by her, most from over ten years ago. It was around 10:32 AM according to the yellowed wall-clock hanging in the front of the class room, but she couldn't be sure, most of the clocks batteries haven't been changed since they were put up. Dani absentmindedly chewed at her thumbnail as she watched the thin red second hand struggle to tic away the minutes on the water-damaged clock.

"Danielle Ramos?"

Dani clenched her teeth at the use of her full name, but shot her hand up in response to Mr. Teller's voice calling attendance. Mr. Teller was a spindly middle-aged man with a nose that could possibly stab someones eye out and eyes so sunken he looked like a corpse straight from The Evil Dead. Everyone assumed he smoked crystal like most lonely men trying to desperately hold on to their youth that was left high and dry back in the 60's. He wasn't a bad man, he just did his job teaching the shittiest high school in Brooklyn then went home and cried about his life.

One thing that did get on Dani's nerves was his homework policy. No homework? Instant detention.

Dani wasn't one for doing, well, anything school related so detentions were a common occurrence in Mr. Teller's class. Not that she ever went to detention, which earned her even more detentions. They were really piling up.

Dani knew the drill, Mr. Teller would walk down each row, one hand out awaiting the few pages he would receive, other hand ready with a pad of detention slips.

When he reached Dani he gave her a brief look, handing her a detention slip before she even opened her mouth. Shrugging, she crumples the slip and stuffs it in her pocket, smirking smugly up at Mr. Teller.

"Oh, I would attend this time Dani, you'll get suspended if you miss another detention." Mr. Teller says attempting to sound strong, but stuttering over his words and looking down at his feet.

Damn.

He wasn't lying, if she skipped out on another detention she would get suspended for at least a week.

Dani zoned out the rest of the class period, writing down the homework for tonight, fooling herself promising she would actually do it.

Once the bell rang signaling the end of school the class quickly snatched their bags and scuffled out of the room, bumping shoulders and yelling the whole way out the door. Dani slowly picked up her worn green military style backpack, shoving her notebook in the pack and zipping it up.

She drags her feet as she walked towards the detention hall. Dani opened the doors and scoped out the rest of the students that were in the room. A few regulars, Tony Bleths, the jerkoff safety for the high school football team, Andressa Barns, a nice girl but always smoked in the bathroom, and another kid in Mr. Teller's class that didn't do his homework, but Dani couldn't remember his name.

There were lot's of fresh faces too, most looking absolutely horrified that they were even in detention. Ah, the innocence of the newbies.

Dani took her seat at a table right behind Andressa, they talked for awhile about cigarettes and how the gym teacher, Mrs. Schardoni, who was in charge of detention, looked like a slightly fatter Paul McCartney. They weren't really good friends, but they were part of the same crowd, often seeing each other at the usual hangouts for their clique.

Conversation soon trailed off and Andressa turned back around and started reading some torn up looking book. Dani looked around at all the other kids in the room, silence lulling the room. She sighs and slumps her head onto the table, it's going to be a long three hours...

Hayley bit her lip over and over again as she hurried toward the detention room. Her, detention! She was mortified at the thought of it. There was bound to be a plethora of delinquents, some of them who may even carry weapons and all she knew was that she did not want to be apart of that. She had a reputation to uphold as an outstanding citizen if she was going to go to Juliard one day. Her perfect record could not be tarnished.

All she had done was answer an innocent question. It was David Chrisler, the cutest guy in her English class. He had asked her how to pronounce 'thou' whilst they were supposed to be reading Romeo and Juliet in silence. Well it was not like she wasn't going to help him out, especially when he had given her that look. Mr. Bixler had her at the exact wrong time and walked over to her table, putting a detention slip on her desk.

And now here she was, about to enter hell on earth. Her hand reached for the door handle and she breathed deeply as she opened the door, seeing the array of different kids, some looking just as terrified as her.

Mumbling an apology for apparently being late, she took a seat at the middle of the hall and buried her nose in her homework, ignoring everyone else as best she could.

Dani lazily looked up at the sound of someone new entering the room.

Hmm.. What the hell is someone like that doing here? Dani raised an eyebrows, staring down the new girl from behind. Her hair was long, and shiny looking, and from her clothing she looked like a well to do kind of girl. There wasn't any holes in her clothes, and her hair was brushed neatly down her back. She looked like the kind of girl that lectured Dani about the importance of females having long, flowing hair to impress men with, and that piercings will never get her a husband.

Dani already didn't like her, but she was curious, what was she doing in detention? Upon entering she muttered an apology for being late, the most Dani has ever said to Coach Schardoni was a grunt and a shake of the head when she asked her if she was alright after taking a punch from another kid during detention.

Dani silently picked up her bag and slid out of her seat, sneaking over to the new mysterious girl and taking a seat directly next to her. She blatantly stared at the side of her face with narrowed eyes.

Hayley continued scribbling notes on her homework, trying to ignore the people staring at her in surprise. Unfortunately a lot of the kids in detention knew her as 'that brown-nosing goody-goody Sandra Dee girl' or sometimes just Sandra Dee. She despised being referenced to Sandy from Grease. She had been such a nice girl until she met that delinquent and went off the rails. Hayley knew she would never do such a thing. Her parents would be mortified if she did.

As she tucked her long blonde hair behind her ear, she spotted an unruly looking girl walking right over to her. She stiffened as the girl dared to sit next to her. She was not the kind of person she wanted to get mixed up with. "Uh excuse me, but please don't sit here. I really have to concentrate on my homework," she said, as politely as possible and avoiding direct eye contact.

"Hmm... Nah, I'm gonna sit here anyways, doll." Dani said smoothly, giving her best shit eating grin she could muster, even if the girl refused to make eye-contact. Now that she had a better view Dani took the opportunity to observe her face, she had soft features, innocent eyes and a smile that was awkwardly quirked to the side; as if she was trying not to be rude but was really bad at hiding her lack of comfort.

After a few beats of silence and watching the girls reaction to her bluntness, she posed a question," Whatcha in for anyways? You don't really look the part of the whole bad girl stereotype, too much sugar and spice." Dani snickered, scratching at a rip in her jeans, slowly making it tear into a bigger hole she would have to sew up eventually.

Hayley winced as the girl refused to move and shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

This girl looked as though she belonged at one of those...pug rock concerts or something. Wait, maybe it wasn't pug rock...Hayley was pulled from her inner monologue when the girl asked her a question, ripping a hole in her already tattered jeans as she did.

"I was talking in class, but I was only trying to help David Chrisler with his Shakespearean text," she said defensively, her pale green eyes looking defiantly irritated at the injustice. It was nice to vent to someone.

"Ah, that's rough, you in honors classes or something? I heard those teachers are hardasses..." Dani didn't have many friends in honors classes, her sister was her only source, and apparently the teachers have sticks so far up their butts they mark you tardy if you aren't directly in your seat by the time the bell rings.

David Chrisler, he seems familiar, must be some jock or debate team champ.

Dani rolled her eyes, probably her boyfriend or something, the perfect princess and her beautiful prince. Truly a match made in heaven.

Hayley could not help but looked offended and shocked at her use of language and her eyes widened a little. "You know you really shouldn't speak that way about the teachers," she reprimanded, but after some hesitation she added,

"But, well...it can be a little tough in honors class. They expect us to be perfect."

Hayley truly had no idea why she was talking to this girl so openly, but even though she heartily distrusted her, she was easy to talk to. "My name is Hayley Anderson by the way," she said with a small, hesitant smile.

Dani nodded, she couldn't really empathize with her, she was never expected to be perfect, she did whatever she wanted whenever she wanted and to her parents, teachers, and friends, she was a lost cause. She took all on level classes, slid by with C's and the occasional B, she knew she could do better but never cared enough to put in the effort.

" Hmm, seems more of a Valley Girl name than a prim and proper girl name." Dani commented cheekily.

"I'm Dani Ramos, the most punk rock Hispanic girl you'll find in all of Brooklyn." She then brushes her hand back through her choppy short black hair and winks.

"Oh, you like punk rock?" Hayley said, still being polite. She supposed she saw no reason not to be, other than the fact Dani had just called her a Valley Girl.

"Like...The Ramones?"

Hayley had racked her brains trying to think of the name. She had heard them mentioned in the hallways a few times. Punk rock was not her taste. Neither were most popular artists like Madonna or Michael Jackson. She lived for classical music, especially Mozart.

"Yeah... Like the Ramones." Dani chuckled, hey at least she knew some stuff. While not her favorite punk band, Johnny Ramone was her definite idol, from clothing style to guitar brand, everything was under his influence.

"I can tell it's not really your jams, princess, so what're you into?" Dani kicks her legs on to the desk in front of her, Hayley wasn't a bad girl, she seemed like a real good girl. Dani never was into the whole goody goody sort of girl but she seems like someone that could have a secret side, if she was pushed in the right direction.

Hayley couldn't help but show her disdain when Dani put her feet up on the table, she held her tongue though.

In a way Hayley was jealous of her carefree spirit. She wished she could do whatever she wanted sometimes, like having the confidence to talk to guys she liked for instance, or telling certain teachers to chill out a little.

"I..." She started, blushing. She didn't tell people about her love of classical music. She was already 'uncool' enough. "I really like Madonna and uh...Whitney Houston?" She looked unconvinced herself.

"Bullshit, Madonna is the queen of sex and other devious things a good Christian girl would never imagine doing." Dani shook her head, she wasn't going to let Hayley's crappy lies fly over her head. If she hated anything it was lying, she was always honest, even brutally so sometimes.

"Don't lie, no sense in lying if you aren't good at it." Dani stared her in the eyes, attempting to be comforting but her intensity making her a bit intimidating.

Hayley averted her gaze from Dani, her face turning bright pink. She hid her face behind her hair and went back to looking at her homework.

"I-I like classical music..." She muttered under her breath, her nose now conveniently buried in her work. This three hours seemed to be snailing by, and she did not appreciate the interrogation.

"Oh, so like Bach 'n shit?" Dani raised an eyebrow, not really the most popular music of the times, unless you're like... eighty-seven.

Eh, to each their own.

" Do you play an instrument? I know we have a band at this school." She herself only plays guitar, dabbling in drums a bit but it wasn't her forte.

Hayley looked up in surprise, her eyes lighting up a little. Of all the composers Dani could've mentioned, she hadn't expected Johan Sebastian Bach to mentioned.

"Yes, like Bach, though I prefer Mozart. As for instruments, I play piano and violin. You know, you look like a musician."

Although they were from two different worlds, music was always a topic that brought her out of her shell. Now she looked directly at Dani with intrigue.

"Oh yeah I play guitar, played since I was eleven, my dad taught me." Dani grinned back at her," Violin, that's pretty cool, that means were part of the same musical group."

Classical and Punk we're two very different things but at least this was getting Hayley to come out of her cage, her eyes had a sparkle in them when music was mentioned.

"You should play for me sometime, we can do a duet." Dani laughed, piano and violin were used in classic rock, but rarely in punk.

Hayley blushed and shook her head at the mention of playing together. She was certainly not cool enough to play with a punk rocker, though she wished she could be, even for one day.

"I couldn't play with you, I'd ruin your, uh, music, but I'd love to hear you play guitar." She confessed, wondering why she was even carrying on the conversation.

Dani just seemed so self-assured, maybe by talking to her it would run off on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back