go straight (4 minutes left)

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #ef233c; [/class]
Ahn Sun-mi
outfit
[]
interactions
Cat + Hel-ro + Tae-oh + Joon
tags
VALEN T. VALEN T.
Sun-mi likes to think that letting go requires more love than holding on (or maybe, that is what she wants to think in this aftermath of a breakup). She does well convincing herself that it was not meant to be in the first place and that she does not need Choe Sang-hun in her life –- right until she doesn’t. Right until she becomes painstakingly aware of his absence and a swell of unbridled emotion threatens to crack her ‘everything is fine’ veneer. But that does not happen. Sun-mi has worn a mask for too long to let it fall, stakes too much on being contained to let these emotions run rampant. It’s her strength and weakness all the same. As desperately as she is to make people think of her as strong and dauntless, she never lets people know her inner turmoils. Not even if they are drowning her. And Sun-mi does realize that if you wear a mask, you can never be truly happy - but in her life, she also has come to know if you don’t, you can never survive. So maybe that is her biggest flaw ( and the one they can both blame for the separation )

Sun-mi knows she can play the blame game and point it all towards the world, make everyone and herself believe that this road had already been paved before her. That it was her unjust reputation and the whispers against their relationship that caused this ruination. But that wouldn't be the whole truth, would it? It were her own damn insecurities that got the best of her and her own stubbornness that refrained her from conveying it to her then-boyfriend. Sure, it was a sequence of events that gave more power to these personal demons, but in the end, it was her own-self that decided that this me-and-you-against-the-world-circumstance was not worth it. That they were indeed too different a person to have a future together.

But that doesn’t stop the numb feeling from residing within, doesn’t halt past memories from entering her mind as she comes across a photo of them together in her phone. It leaves her wondering with a heaviness; had she done the right thing? You see, the issue with Choe Sang-hun, the thing about him that made her fall and hate him a little all at once; he believes in her. Without hesitation, without reluctance. Like Sun-mi is someone so good, like of course she'll do well in whatever she puts her mind to. She can tell herself that she can do this or that, put her mind to her goals with a ferocity only called frightening but - she never truly felt at ease until Sang-hun looked at her and said she could do it. You can tell yourself so many things, but sometimes all you need is the word of another. And the thing is, her and Sang-hun - they were so good it ached. Like two unsuspecting puzzle pieces, nestled together in peculiar harmony. Yet… sometimes, certain forces chip away at the pieces to the point of no longer fitting together. And perhaps that is their destiny.

Still, they were too integral to the other's lives not to bleed into each other's relationships. And it was only given that such a tight-knitted group of friends would plan something just before school starts again. A Jeju trip filled with fun activities. Only, that was pre-break-up. After the separation, Sun-mi was certain to skip it, lost money be damned, but after hearing from her best friend that Sang-hun was no longer attending, she slightly wavered. It was not until after Cat’s persistent pleads, coupled with her trade-mark puppy-eyed expression, that she finally caved in.

Bad choice.

Sun-mi restlessly shifts in her seat, eyes unfocused as she valiantly tries to calm the rolling ball of anxiety in the pit of her stomach. Despite saying yes, she doesn’t know if she’s quite ready to face the rest of the group yet, doesn’t know if she can look them in the eye and pretend everything is normal, because it isn’t. She has no choice, though. Cat made her promise to show up, a promise that has now marked her left arm with a small wave symbol. To break it would not only mean disappointing her best friend, but also contracting bad karma, and neither is something she wishes to do. So here she is; sitting on the bus to the airport. Collecting all the bravery she can muster, fake or not, while chanting a particular string of words like a mantra in her head. Everything will be fine. (Tell yourself a lie enough times and you might believe it.)

Her eyes shift to the window that allows a view of the life that is bustling outside, but she does not look at that. Instead, her gaze is drawn towards the reflection in the glass staring back at her. It takes a split second – one second too long - to recognize the identity of the girl. A set of tired eyes with a sunken darkness beneath that even three layers of foundation could not mask, dyed light brown locks born from an impulsive decision and lips smothered with lip balm in hope to magically alleviate the chapped skin. It was a look, alright. A futile attempt to brandish an appearance that would repel any questions that bordered the ‘are you okay’ axis. Maybe - hopefully - the desperation in her look would do the job all the same. It doesn’t matter as long as she didn’t have to talk about her feelings, as long as she is not given the opportunity to say things she can’t take back.

“Next stop: Gimpo Airpoirt”

The robotic announcement draws her attention and Sun-mi instantly rises up from her seat. Grabbing the small suitcase that was situated next to her seat, she heads for the doors as the bus nears the stop. As soon as the doors open, she is welcomed with the gust of a wintry breeze. Her frame shivers lightly as the cold trespasses her coat and hits her skin, and she heaves an icy breath, before stepping outside. Her quick steps take her to the entrance of the airport, its large building forming a nexus. Sun-mi is thankful for the warmth that envelops her as she enters the building and her gaze travels across the large hall.

“Sunny!!” a high-pitched voice echoes, capturing her attention. Her head turns and she soon catches the sight of a bright Cat waving enthusiastically. The western-looking girl immediately rushes to her side, followed by another – much calmer - female.

“I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages! Oh my god- your hair ! When did you do this? How come I didn’t know about this???? AH I love it ! You look so pretty !!” Cat gushes as she pulls her into a tight embrace.

“ you’ve seen me last week Cat…” Sun-mi chuckles while patting her smaller friend on the head, ” but thank you and sorry for not telling you. I didn’t even plan on doing it to be honest. It just happened one day, I guess.”

“ It suits you,” the other girl, Hel-ro comments with a hum.

Sun-mi smiles. “Thank you..” her eyes avert. “Have the others not arrived yet?”

“No, they are here! Well, not here here. Tae-oh and Yoon went to the bathroom and – oh there they are!”

Sun-mi follows Cat’s line of sight and quickly spots the two males walking towards them. Both seem slightly surprised to see her, eyes slightly widening with eyebrows raising, but that surprise quickly makes way for a smile.

“Sun-mi, nice to see you ” Tae-oh greets as he squeezes her shoulder.

“Yeah, didn’t think you would still be joining.” Yoon blurts, only to receive an elbow in the ribs from Hel-ro. “ but glad to see you are of course.” he quickly adds, before shooting a glare into Hel-ro’s direction.

“ Don’t worry. I wasn’t sure myself either.” Sun-mi admits, eyes averting.

It is then when short yet awkward silence began to run between the group and Sun-mi can practically see the remembrance of her and Sang-hun’s break up entering their minds. An unwelcome twinge of guilt materializes within, knowing very well that with the break-up, she has caused a dissonance in a prior perfect harmony. But she pushes it aside and clears her throat, eager to break the silence [ and hopefully their train of thoughts] “Anyways, since we are all here. I guess we should check-in?”

“Uhm, about that…” Cat speaks up, smile sheepish and voice hesitant. “ There is still one coming.”

“What? Who?” Sun-mi questions, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. This was the group. She can’t remember anyone else being involved other than….

No
[div class=link]coded by christy.
[/div]

Last edited:
hover over img on right
Choe Sanghun
Mood
dubious >.>

outfit

interactions
cat, tae-oh, yoon, helro

tags
[class=1]height:300px;width:100%;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/eiGgVU8.png);background-size:cover;background-position:50% 50%;position:relative;box-sizing:border-box;padding:10px;cursor:default;[/class] [class=2]height:100%;width:100%;overflow:hidden;[/class] [class=smth]background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 1);height:100%;width:100%;overflow:hidden;text-align:justify;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;box-sizing:border-box;color:black;display:none;[/class] [script class="1" on="mouseenter"] fadeIn 800 smth [/script] [script class="1" on="mouseleave"] fadeOut 800 smth [/script] [div class=1] [div class=2] [div class=smth]
Kitty Kat
u R cmng right???
no wait thats not a qn u HAVE 2 come
evrthngs already PLANNED u cnt bail now!!!! ○(;><)○ ☆
HUNNIE ANSWWERRRRR
i btr c u there tmrw mr (╬ Ò﹏Ó)
9:49 PM

Those were the last series of texts Sanghun had received last night (not including the spam before these, of course) about his attendance tomorrow. He'd sighed, watching them flood in the private chatroom, pushing the previous ones out of the screen. She'd sent them in tandem to one another, not waiting between each text for Sanghun's immanent reply; not that he had any intention of replying which is why he opted for the word immanent instead of prospective. Cat, however - oh, sweet, lovely Cat - had no idea that Sanghun had been reading them in real-time, having turned his read receipts off a few weeks ago, and had kept spamming his phone until he turned the notifications off as well.

I don't want to go, he'd lied thought, turning over to his side, hand tucked underneath his head, phone tossed to the other side of the bed, I don't want to go. Sanghun had been one of the first people to suggest the trip in the first place: him and Yoon, another addition to their closest circle of friends, had taken the responsibility of organizing it on themselves.

Dammit, he'd groaned, facepalming himself for his choice of wording once more: 'their closest circle of friends?' He needs to get a grip, there is no 'their' anymore: they're back to being simply 'his' and 'hers.' It is, admittedly, going to take some time to get accustomed with again, after having acclimated to the former for over two years now.

Kitty Kat
r u sulking again (o 〒﹏〒)o
nOOO DONT BE SAD
BC SAD OPPOSITE IS DAS AND DAS NOT GUD
if i told u she's sad too wud that make u feel btr
10:09 PM

Maybe.

If he were to believe it then maybe those words would work as a lenitive for him, scratch away at the tension pulling his muscles taut. It's a big, hypothetical if situation though because Sanghun knows that she, Sunmi, would never admit to that. Or perhaps, she would, especially to Cat. The fact that he's uncertain about something as small as this shows that perhaps, he didn't know her as well as he'd thought he did. It explains why she left, he'd sighed again, turning over to now lay on his back with one arm folded beneath his head, staring at the empty ceiling above. It explains why he never understood her side of the story (he did, oh, he did, but it's always easier to place the blame on someone, and he knows he'd never push it on her.)

"Promise me you'll be there," Cat had asked him sternly over the phone last week. Sanghun had only gone quiet. Didn't you tell me she decided to not come because I'd be there? He'd wanted to retaliate but his end of the line had remained silent, quiet static rumbling over the speaker. "You paid for this, you know," she'd continued, "I told Sunny you're not coming to get her to join, I won't lie to you." It's always a treat to hear cheerful, bubbly Cat being serious; at the same time though, it's a little alarming too. "She's already promised me she's coming, Hunnie so can you please just... drop it? You can't avoid her forever, and I know you know that." Getting lectured by Cat of all people wasn't how he'd foreseen his spring break to go. She'd only groaned at his lack of response, "I don't care, Hunnie, you're coming. Promise me you will."

And then Sanghun had spoken, muttering a barely audible, "I—I can't, Cat, I'm sorry."

Thinking back to all of it, Sanghun isn't quite sure himself what he'd denied Cat that day - the promise or the fact that he'll make it - because look at him now: standing with his wardrobe doors thrown open, a pile of clothes heaped on the bed, unzipped suitcase sitting by his feet. Maybe it's the masochist inside that convinced him to just get up and go. Maybe it's the selfish, greedy part of him that wants to see for himself, whether what Cat said holds any truth to it ('if i told u she's sad too wud that make u feel btr,' he keeps rereading that) wanting to see he isn't the only one suffering here, isn't the only one emotionally affected.

He admits neither of those reasons to himself - a different story rolling on thin-film in his head, all together: he's going simply because he doesn't want things to become too tense between them (again with the them) and the sooner they learn how to be friends, how to behave normally around each other (or how he learns - he's not sure about what transpires on Sunmi's side) the less strain it'll put on their group of friends.

It doesn't help that he decided he will be joining them earlier that very morning and has only an hour to pack and get dressed because their flight leaves at nine, they have to check-in before eight, and it's currently a few minutes past seven (Sanghun wouldn't even be up this early if he'd slept in the first place.) He reaches for his phone, blindly searching for it underneath the mountain of rejected clothes. He sends Cat a quick text only so that they don't end up leaving without him.

7:11 AM
Alright fine

He doesn't blink even once before the replies are sliding in.

Kitty Kat
WAIT WAIT WAIT WHAT
UR CMNG?!!?!?!
YESSSSSS
☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

only if you exchange seats with me

Because if it wasn't already known, they planned their trip before Sanghun and Sunmi broke up - they'd picked seats right next to each other, and while he thinks he is going so that the discomfiture they have to face later when they do inevitably cross paths on-campus again can be done and over with now... he doesn't think he's quite ready to be in such close proximity to her so soon (and it hasn't occurred to him how they'd reserved one hotel room for themselves as of yet.)

Kitty Kat
i mean
if thts wht u want (,╯︵╰)

That's how Sanghun, after a quick Google search of the latest time he can check-in, at around eight-thirty, is wheeling his purple hand-carry suitcase over the grey airport tiles, heading straight for the domestic flights' terminal. After a few quick security checks, Sanghun's pulling his phone out again to appear busy, to avoid looking around the departure area (because he knows his eyes will betray him, voluntarily seeking out a certain raven-haired woman.) He stands idly by the end of the room until a notification is popping up on his screen:

Kitty Kat
STAND RIGHT THERE I C U!!!!
8:41 AM

Shit.

"Sanghunnie!"

Shit.

His fingers are mid-typing, No don't come here please, and if he'd finished writing that text faster than Cat's arms cames to wrap around him, that would've been the quickest text he ever sent anyone.

"I almost thought you weren't going to come!" The girl who's now attached to his front squeals, rubbing her head into his chest, "I'm so glad you're here! It would've been so boring without you!"

"Hey," comes a familiar voice from in front of them, tone half-offended, half-joking, "What are we then? Dead meat?" Cat turns around to stick her tongue out at Tae-oh who chuckles in response before nodding over at Sanghun, "Hey there, man. Didn't think you'd be joining us." causing the male standing next to him, Yoon, to elbow him right in the ribs, hissing a, "Payback, you shit."

"Well, someone here has an obvious favourite," a more feminine voice calls out, and Sanghun can only smile sheepishly at Helro. She snickers, "But you might want to let go now, Cat, else, the fire alarms might start going off."

Now it's Cat's turn to sound offended, furrowing her brows as she does untangle herself from Sanghun, "Hey, we agreed not to bring that up."

Not to bring what up? He would've asked conversationally if it weren't for three things: him almost choking on his own spit when Helro had flashed him a cheeky smile, waggling her brows right after the words left her mouth, which was promptly followed by relief that no one heard his breath stutter because Cat had started speaking, and finally, him being more than proud of himself for how he hasn't stolen even a single glance at the fifth party of their group... yet.

He's just jinxed it, hasn't he?

...Shit.

Shit because maybe, he shouldn't have come in the first place: Sunmi looks... different. Good-different, fuck, always good-different: she's died her black locks light brown and it suits her.

"You're staring, mate," Yoon leans over to whisper once everyone's chatting amongst themselves, sauntering over to the departure gates that, according to the announcement, are about to close soon. There's a smartass comeback stuck between the ridges of the tip of his tongue but it never manages to make it out because... Yoon's right, isn't he? Maybe I shouldn't have come.

"Cat," he tugs at the back of her shirt to slow her down.

She whips around, almost smacking Sanghun's face with the ends of her hair. "Yes, Hunnie?" She asks with that ever-present, childish lilt to her voice, and that juvenile sparkle in her eyes, and for a fraction of a second, Sanghun hesitates, unsure if trusting Cat with the process was the wisest option available to him (let's be honest, it probably wasn't, and he will most likely regret this later.)

He takes his plane ticket out, offering it to her, "You said we'd switch."

Cat blinks. Once. Twice. Her gaze flits between the glazed paper in Sanghun's hands and the solemn expression he wears on his face, and then bursts into a fit of giggles. "Sorry," she brings a hand to cover her mouth, pinching her lips in an attempt to stop laughing, "Sorry, sorry, it's just that... You're so adorable!" Instead of switching like she'd said before, she simply skips ahead to join the rest of their group. "We'll do it inside!" She yells without looking back, and Sanghun's stomach twists uncomfortably.

There's a myth that you shouldn't eat before a flight, right? Or... is he confusing that with the one about swimming?
[/div] [/div] [/div]

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #ef233c; [/class]
Ahn Sun-mi
outfit
[]
interactions
Tae-oh & Hel-ro
tags
VALEN T. VALEN T.
Sun-mi likes to think she has gotten used to the solitude of a single’s life again, that the ghosts of her past relationship no longer haunt at arbitrary times. There has been a life before Sang-hun, a life spent alone but not lonely. A life where she basked in the light of being independent of people, blissful in its own way. Sun-mi is convinced that life can be obtained again, that the walls that have crumbled down over time can be build again. There’s a cognizance, and she knows retreating back into a castle of isolation is detrimental, knows that you can’t kick emotions out till it comes back tame. But she does it anyway (because anything is better than feeling the sharp ache of heartbreak). Sun-mi may seem dauntless in anything, but she’s a coward in many other ways.

And then this happens. It’s a habit she thought to have abandoned within this past week, yet it creeps up on her from the shadows ( old habits die hard, right?). It’s like her heart knows, and involuntarily, her eyes follow. Her breath stills for a moment as a figure enters her vision and there is a flicker of an all too familiar feeling – one that tells a realization that must remain unspoken for the sake of… everything. She has missed him. It’s unfair, unfair how his mere presence could evoke warmth to burgeon within – even though she’d sworn to not feel anything anymore. And… fuck. How does he even manage to look this good in an outfit that should sport a basic look? Her fingers grab the handle of her suitcase just a bit tighter and Sun-mi has to bite down the urge to run towards him, back into the arms that became such a comforting place.

Luckily – or unluckily – reality comes crashing down, and Sun-mi has to watch how Cat performs the act she had to refrain herself from enacting upon. An unwelcome coldness seeps into her bones at the sight and she has to look away to maintain a veneer of neutrality. Her heart pulses with… what is it exactly? It feels like a medley of regret, melancholy and anger – but she isn’t quite sure who the latter is directed to ( Sanghun? Cat? Herself? ).

Sun-mi is under no compulsions that it was her that made them fall apart, that it was she who disappeared after a terse apology. He wanted to know her, to understand her, and while they know each and every nook and cranny of the other, Sun-mi knows very well there are pieces of her she’s kept so under lock no one has ever seen them. A vulnerability she couldn’t bring herself to share. It’s an openness she lacks yet something that Cat has abundance of. Sometimes, Sun-mi did think that she and Sanghun were two puzzle pieces meant to slot together, but that is until she remembers life isn’t that easy, and that they’re always growing, always changing. And the thing is, the factor that pushed her over the edge, Cat and Sanghun seemed to fit together no matter what. Their personas matched in ways hers and his could never, and it hurts to think about it, but if there is ever a world where soulmates existed, Sun-mi probably wouldn’t be his.

There are echoes of words in her head, all speaking how unusual their pairing was or how Cat would fit him much better. It would be a lie to say it didn’t affect her own friendship with Cat, though Sun-mi could never bring herself to ever hold any ill emotions towards the female. Hell, she could not even quite blame others for preferring Cat over her. As much as it hurt, there is a sliver of truth behind all those statements or jokes. Sanghun and Cat deserved each other ( maybe even more than she and he did) and if they got together, Sun-mi would support them ( even though it might kill her on the inside).

So no, she could never hate her best friend – but she can be angry at her for setting this up while it was clear she was not ready to face him yet. Ah, fuck… How is she even supposed to face him? Annoyance is the overwhelming feeling, but in with it is a raging river of anxiety that quickens her heart and churns her stomach. Throw in a healthy dollop of heartache she hasn’t properly processed yet, and the finished meal is an emotional whirlwind barely encased within her corporeal body. It must be written over her face, because there is suddenly a hand on her shoulder, causing her to stiffen in response. If this didn’t already give an indication of her unease, the relief that washed down upon her once she discovered the hand only belonged to Tae-oh would’ve done it.

“You know…” he leans slightly closer, “ you can still bolt if you want. I’ll distract them.”

Oh, Tae-oh… Kind, sympathetic Tae-oh. Aside from Sanghun and Cat, Sun-mi probably gets along with him the most. He is smart, empathetic, and always someone that you can fall back on to defuse the situation or to help you out. His offer makes a hint of a smile appear on her face and her eyes briefly travel back to Cat, before shaking her head.

“As tempting as the offer is, I’m afraid I can’t back out.”
She rolls her left sleeves up to reveal the symbol that marked the promise she now regrets making.

Tae-oh lips form a small ‘o’ and he lets out a small chuckle.

“Let me guess, the puppy-eyed expression did it?”

“ What can I say? She has a weapon and knows how to use it.” Sun-mi rolls her sleeves back down and permits herself a small sigh, “so yes, guess I have to go through this – thank you for thinking about me though.”

Tae-oh smiles and squeezed her shoulder.

“No problem, that’s what friend do right?”

Right, Sun-mi thinks but doesn’t say. Instead, she shifts her focus back on their current activity, which is walking to the gate of their airplane. Of course, it is at the moment of boarding their travel transport that a sudden memory comes flashing back. Shit, they planned their seats next to each other. Panic hits, her hearts starts thundering against her ribcage, and Sun-mi suddenly becomes painstakingly aware how unprepared she is to face him, let alone to spend more than an hour right beside him. Her eyes dart around; Tae-oh had walked ahead of her and was now boarding the plane together with Joon. Cat was with Sanghun, so it was too risky to ask her. Then that leaves…. Her gaze turns, only to catch Hel-ro walking a few feet ahead of her.

“Hel-ro!” she calls out and quickens her pace to catch up with the other female.

“Can….Can we switch seats?” Sun-mi asks, while feeling her cheeks burn up in slight embarrassment. “I-it’s just that… I’m not ready yet.” It didn’t feel good admitting how she could not even handle sitting beside her ex-boyfriend, but she would take a small moment of embarrassment in exchange for not having to endure an hour of pure awkwardness.

Hel-ro lowers her eyes to her own tickets, before nodding with a smile.

“Yes, of course.”

Sun-mi can’t help but bow in gratitude, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders, and eagerly switches the tickets.

“Thank you,” she breathes out, and truly means it.

Hel-ro merely waves it off, tells her ‘it’s no problem’ and together, they board the plane. With a new ticket in her hand, Sun-mi navigates through the plane, before sitting down by the window. Okay, this is fine. At least you won’t have to sit next to him. Everything will be fine.

How awkward could this trip really be? Just avoid him and everything will be fine.

( Again, tell yourself a lie enough times and you might believe it.)

[div class=link]coded by christy.
[/div]

Choe Sanghun
Mood
anxious
outfit
interactions
cat, an air hostess, rando sitting next to him, sunmi
tags
[class=1]height:300px;width:100%;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/eiGgVU8.png);background-size:cover;background-position:50% 50%;position:relative;box-sizing:border-box;padding:10px;cursor:default;[/class] [class=2]height:100%;width:100%;overflow:hidden;[/class] [class=smth]background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 1);height:100%;width:100%;overflow:hidden;text-align:justify;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;box-sizing:border-box;color:black;display:none;[/class] [script class="2" on="mouseenter"] fadeIn 800 smth [/script] [script class="2" on="mouseleave"] fadeOut 800 smth [/script] [div class=1] [div class=2] [div class=smth]
There's a nagging feeling in Sanghun's chest that he's finding hard to shake away, to ignore, to smooth out like you would a pulled hamstring. It stays with him throughout his walk over the air-conditioned jetbridge, glued to his chest like the hand clutching his flight tickets. Something tells him Cat's lying; he feels guilty of accusing someone so sweet and innocent as Cat - she's the last person on earth he'd expect to have ill motives - but there was something in her tentative laugh and the way her eyes crinkled when she did that has his eyebrows furrow in confusion. Unfortunately, he can't bring the topic up again the moment he enters the plane because Cat's already raced on ahead to the front of their group, leaving him with Yoon.

He's almost contemplating switching with Yoon but the moment he raises a hand to tap the other man's shoulder is when Cat decides to make a reappearance, earning many displeased scowls as she squeezes past the one-way traffic to where Sanghun is standing. "Help me put away my stuff!" She demands, taking Sanghun's hand in hers and forcing their way back to the anterior end of the passenger line. They're sitting in economy because... of course, they are: they're college students who barely managed to scrap enough to afford this trip, you can't be expecting them to travel business class without having robbed a casino or two.

This is one reason why Sanghun had suggested backing out entirely: because Sunmi had contributed to the overall cost too and he hadn't wanted her to miss out on an opportunity to bond with their friends and explore Jeju simply because her ex-boyfriend was tagging along too which would make the entire situation a lot more awkward. More than it is hanging out with said ex-boyfriend's friends? His mind oh-so helpfully supplies and unlike with the feeling from before, Sanghun is successful in shaking this thought away simply because they're not his friends anymore; they're their friends even if they aren't a 'they' anymore (what a mouthful that is.)

"Thank you, Hunnie," Cat beams at him after he's stuffed both his and her suitcases into the overhead compartments.

He only nods, trying not to let his eyes linger on the glazed white sheets she's holding with both her hands in front of her chest. "Your sweater's cute," he can't help but comment although, it's directed more towards the sweater paws (that eclipse the hands that're holding those damn tickets, fuck's sake) than the outfit itself.

She smacks his bicep, frowning, "You're ru—"

"Sir, ma'am,"
a sharp voice interjects from behind them and when Sanghun turns, he notices they're the only three people standing in the walkway. "Please take your seats, we'll be taking off soon," the air hostess huffs, arms crossed over her chest, not the most amiable expression on her face.

"Yes, just a second," he responds to her, sending a pleading look to Cat straight after. He's really not above getting on his knees to beg, right now.

The woman snaps, "Now please. You're disrupting our flight schedule."

"Take it,"
Cat murmurs, pushing her hands a little too hard against Sanghun's chest to transfer her tickets to him. "You owe me for this," she grumbles, snatching the ones Sanghun's holding, looking a little dumbfounded.

"Uh... thanks? I guess?"

"All good then?"
He almost forgot they were still under the scrutiny of this stingy air hostess. She's just doing her job; you're making it more difficult for her. Cat's already retreated to take her seat next to Sunmi, which leaves only one more next to Helro unoccupied. Sanghun gives the uniformed woman a curt bow in lieu of apologizing for being such a nuisance, before ambling down to find his own seat.

Fortunately, he doesn't have to waste any more time in actually locating his seat because their group of friends all booked three rows for themselves, two seats for each of them in each one. Yoon and Tae-oh already have their heads ducked, probably pouring over the catalogues in the flap in front of them. Cat is sitting behind them, where Sanghun would have been if it wasn't fo—Let it go, won't you. But this is strange, isn't it? There should be a brown head peaking next to her - Sunmi and her recently-dyed hair - but... that one, in particular, is... behind even Cat?

Oh shit.

Oh no.

That isn't Sunmi at all, is it?

He squeezes his eyes shut hard enough to see iridescent flecks of static flash behind his lids, excuses himself past the man sitting on the aisle-seat and plops down in the middle one, desperately hoping the person next to him isn't—

Oh, but it is, answers the whiff of gentle perfume that permeates him not even a second after, giving him no time to mentally prepare himself for this interaction. You've had all week, answers the equanimity that soothes him, the familiar scent of Sunmi's perfume being something, he'll admit, he misses. And sure, he had all week to give himself all the mirror-pep-talks he wanted but he hadn't known he was planning on actually joining his friends on their trip last minute so most of this past week was spent with him staring at the ceiling, yelling at his online teammates for screwing up in their CoD match. So being in such close proximity so suddenly without any mental compartmentalizing beforehand is a bad idea. A bad, bad idea when all he really wants to do is reach over and embrace Sunmi and cry, apologize, promise he'll do better as if he hadn't the day Sunmi suggested they're better off being an 'i' rather than a 'they.'

He hears Cat and Helro's snickering from in front of them and oh, he's so pleased that his predicament amuses them.

"Sorry," he blurts out of nowhere, elbows hogging both of the armrests until the old man sitting to his left is nudging and bleating pathetically. God, please give him the patience to make it out alive. "Sorry," he murmurs halfheartedly to the other man, body unconsciously turning towards the brunette on his right - it's always been this way with her: when he speaks, he speaks from his heart, when he listens, his entirety pays utmost attention. There isn't an 'if you want' added to his statement when he says this, already knowing it's what Sunmi will prefer (the fact that she was so ready to skip out on their trip because Sanghun would be there is a decent foundation to base his judgments on, no?): "I'll switch with Cat after take-off," he promises, finally lifting his head to rega—He shouldn't have done that. He should not have looked her, fuck, it's only been a week and, How is this any fair?

He can only hope the heartache isn't showing signs in the pitiful way his eyes always narrow right before he's about to cry. How's it any fair for you to look this perfect while I hurt. He's not going to cry though. Not here. Might have to excuse himself to use the restroom soon but until then, he will suck it up like the man he fucking his and look away from Sunmi.

He returns his attention to the back of Cat's seat, staring at his hazy reflection in the black screen of the small T.V. tucked there. He'll be alright. He can do this.

"Sorry..."

God, he's pathetic.
[/div] [/div] [/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back