Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Snapping line: day 1 evening
  • "well..." looking to the members of your assembled group. "I thank you for your time, if you have any special request please leave them with Mr. Wavechasser. Now if you will excuse me, the hour grows late and I have many things to do tomorrow."
    He leaves the room through a previously unnoticed side door leading into the street.

Skerrin takes the time to go over the local area with the group, and explain more minor details, such as the limited approaches to the house. After a few minutes it seems as if his job is done,.

"I would like to thank you all, from myself personally. Young Master Anders is very dear to me and this means a great deal. Given your recent actions, I know we can rely on you to get the job done." There is an almost paternal tone to his voice, yet his face remains a buisness like mask.
    "If you will excuse me, I must return to him, before it is too late."

Left alone in the keg room of the snapping line, your thoughts dwell on what the morrow may bring. Wealth? Fame? Death? Only the gods will know.
    The rest of the night passes without incident and slowely you all make your way back to your abodes...

Hoolwatch Tower:
    Sil finds themselves in front of a 60-foot-tall tower. The first defensive building of Saltmarsh, it still serves as an armory and lookout as well as the official base of the town guard. The Marines have also made their temporary home here.
    On your left as you enter the building is a job board, every page neatly squared with the one next to it.

Your meeting with Captain Stoutly is brief but purposeful. You have their support looking into the Sea Princes slave ring, and they wish to be informed the second you know more. You also find out that the previous nights fishing ship went down. There are plans for recovery within the next few days, as it sunk in the harbour creating a problem for larger ships. The quartermaster issues you your rations and ammunition for the trip and wishes you luck.

Alchemists Mansion: Day 2 Morning
  • The road to the house winds through the rocky coastal terrain, often offering a view of the sea below. Low clouds press upon you; occasional patches of sunlight appear out over the water. A stiff wind blows in off the waves, carrying the briny stink of churning salt water. Last night's storm has moved on.

The decrepit house sits on the highest ground in the area. Around it, a stone wall has crumbled in many places, exposing the interior grounds. An ornate metal gate lies open at the end of the road, swaying slightly in the wind. Wild flora grows throughout the inner yard, but all the years cannot hide the evidence of a well-tended garden that once sat here. Near the house, the rotted wooden roof of a water well rises out of the tall grass.

Week 2
  • The individual members of the group had seen to a productive week. Saltmarsh had become a pot ready to boil over. The week started with a group of fishers accosts dwarves and other outsiders, demanding they leave town or else. It wasn't an uncommon sight to see as tensions had always been high in the town between the "Traditionalists" as they liked to be called and the "Loyalists". However things seemed to be building toward a breaking point, the open aggression was quickly dealt with by the town guard. The tension in the air could be cut with a knife, the right spark and this situation could become a full blown riot.
    Armed militia have started to walk the street, rumours of marauders striking out from the Hool Marshes ransacking land based trade route and murdering travellers abound. Eliander's orders have somehow added even more tension to the already volatile situation...

It is under these circumstance Dagger has been requested to deliver missives to each of you from the town council. In the fine pressed enveloped bearing wax seals, is a request for your presence to meet with the council on an urgent matter. It would seem your work for Anders Solmor has opened a door into the local political scene. And so those of you who have chosen to attend the meeting find yourselves sitting in an anti-chamber outside the main council room. Raised angry voices of an argument can be heard through the thick wooden doors. It seems now would be an appropriate time to catch up with your friends, and discuss whats happened the past week while the council is indisposed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back