• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Gestalt Rifts: The Saviors of Lazlo!

So I've put up some info in overview about the political situation.

I'm hoping everyone is working on a sheet rather quickly, though I still have to do mine!

I am trying to decide between a Cyber Knight/Anti-Monster and a Cyber Knight/Hover Tank pilot. Both have great possibilities to them. The hover tank pilot has the ability to blend in out of his mecha and have personal contact in a way that the Anti Monster can't, but the AM is a magic cyborg that regenerated damage in a matter of minutes and doesn't need repair the way the tank will. Which one to choose?

Sherwood said:
I am trying to decide between a Cyber Knight/Anti-Monster and a Cyber Knight/Hover Tank pilot. Both have great possibilities to them. The hover tank pilot has the ability to blend in out of his mecha and have personal contact in a way that the Anti Monster can't, but the AM is a magic cyborg that regenerated damage in a matter of minutes and doesn't need repair the way the tank will. Which one to choose?
What book is AM in?

I'll take a look and give you my thoughts, because I was already going cyborg/tech-mage

World Book 6 South America. If you want a difference between our characters, it makes my choice easer. I can just choose the MechWarrior.

Sherwood said:
World Book 6 South America. If you want a difference between our characters, it makes my choice easer. I can just choose the MechWarrior.
AM+Cyber knight might be a bit much because both give mdc skin and MDC regeneration, you would be a pretty damn immortal front line fighter with rather odd stats.

Its fine if thats what you want to play, but I have found, big immortal bruiser, boring in the past and worry you would quickly tire of it.

Not a problem. Like I said, it solves my quandary for me. I'll keep working on the VHT pilot for the game.

Alright, I am working on a True Samurai/Nega-Psychic and I've been able to find their respective PDFs, however, I am not quite sure how to start.

I discovered that you will have a ton of skills. Having so many is a good thing, so you can trade some in for attribute bonuses. Start off getting the stats bought, and determine which one(s) you want highest. Then, use your Other Skills to raise those other stats to a good working level. Skills are next. Once all of those are done, you'll probably need to focus in your psi powers.

Btw, I have my character posted and about 90% done if you want to take a look at it and how I set it up.

I've begun working on it, first putting in the skills and then working from there.

So a hundred points to place anywhere in my attributes as I wish right? And then the skills I don't want are converted into three points for any attribute?

So I want to play a Cyborg/Tech Mage.

I want you guys to follow my logic and decide that it is fair though, if you think it is at all any abuse of GM power and shouldn't be allowed I'll stop it.

Cyborgs lose 90% of PPE, I will assume this works both ways going forwards and what I would already have.

Cyborgs can not cast spells: Fine I will cast no spells.

Cyborgs can not operate TW devices: Exception in TW devices says unless, those items are powered by ley lines or have a PPE Storage.

So the idea, is that my robotic body is a PPE storage of whatever PPE I roll. (I'll pay for it) and that I can , by using the appropriate skills and taking the appropriate penalties I can build TW device functions into my body, that can be paid for by ley line or the storage.

I could still cast no spells, but I could operate devices built into my already prepared body(To be fair any cyborg with a TW partner could do this, I'm just doing it to myself)

Sound fair?

[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]I've begun working on it, first putting in the skills and then working from there.
So a hundred points to place anywhere in my attributes as I wish right? And then the skills I don't want are converted into three points for any attribute?

[/QUOTE]
Yes and I'd like your opinion on the above.

Sounds good to me, however do keep in mind that this is all new to me. I'm still trying to figure out how my character is going to work.

[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]Sounds good to me, however do keep in mind that this is all new to me. I'm still trying to figure out how my character is going to work.

[/QUOTE]
Starting with stats and skills is good those are both important and central, Sherwood and I are here for any specific questions you have as well.

I did that in the spoiler tab for my bonuses, hit points and such like that. That way I can show where I got my points from.

Zedalb said:
Yes and I'd like your opinion on the above.
Sounds like you are a TW battery. How large of a PPE storage see you talking about, and how does it get replenished?

Sherwood said:
I did that in the spoiler tab for my bonuses, hit points and such like that. That way I can show where I got my points from.
Sounds like you are a TW battery. How large of a PPE storage see you talking about, and how does it get replenished?
Well replenished, the easiest way would be my own reserves I lose 90% but keep 10%.

It seems that when it says a cyborg can't use TW devices, that means using them to activate there abilities.

Since normally they couldn't charge on with PPE anyway, I think I could with my 10% probably not at combat speed given circumstances, but even as full conversion I have some PPE and as a TW I can still do something with it. (Just not cast spells or activate TW items, seems I can still use PPE in crafting and to put into things)

And how large depends on what I roll, the intention is to make it so my new body, holds whatever little PPE I can generate.

That doesn't sound unreasonable. I just didn't want to see your Borg becoming a ppe vampire, siphoning points from others to recharge himself. My character wouldn't work with someone like that.

Sherwood said:
That doesn't sound unreasonable. I just didn't want to see your Borg becoming a ppe vampire, siphoning points from others to recharge himself. My character wouldn't work with someone like that.
Nah, not really certain thats viable when I lost 90% of magical ability, draining from others doesn't seem doable.

I did however find TW BIONICS.

In the bionics source book, theres TW devices that are bionics, fuck yes I'm getting some!

[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]Alright, how do you determine HP, SDC, and ISP?

[/QUOTE]
You class gives SDC (each should give some)

Your HP is equal to your PE

And your ISP is also class based (if any)

Yeah, I just found the ISP stuff.

I saw that @Sherwood rolled for Hit Points as well, but that may be specific to the character.

Maybe it would be better to ask what I am supposed to roll for.

@Sherwood[/URL] rolled for Hit Points as well, but that may be specific to the character.

Maybe it would be better to ask what I am supposed to roll for.
He probably got a bonus to HP from class, some do.

If you class has any bonuses that are in dice format, you roll and add that.

Which die do I use for Attribute Bonuses, as well as for Attack and the others, or does my class tell me that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back