• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

German Girl x Jewish Boy (Holocaust Roleplay)

literary dreams

Moody Hufflepuff
Roleplay Type(s)
10995185_924542457577000_1614580759_n.jpg

Emmaline Rose Muller

When your raised in the time of a building war, it's hard to believe in anyone but the person who is leading your country. For sixteen year old Emmaline, that was Adolf Hitler. Emmaline looked to no one else, he was going to make Germany great again. He said it himself! But like the children of Hitler's reign she was blind to truth, somewhere a mere town away Jewish families were being torn apart by the very man Emmaline placed all her trust in.

Emmaline's father, Emeric Muller held a secret from his daughter about his past in WW1 when he was saved by a Jewish man; he promised the man his life... Now that that same man's son is forced to run away leaving his mother in the hands of Nazis to save himself... Emeric is going to see into the past through the boy who shares his father's eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmaline's POV

It was an late Sunday evening, in the Spring (my favorite season). The last of the Winter snow had cleared up earlier that day, the moonlight now lighting the puddles of water left behind. I was already dressed for bed in a long white lace night gown my mama had made for me, that is before she left papa and I. My blonde hair was braided to the back, out of my face. There was nothing much to do, maybe... read a book and have some hot chocolate... I might just read.

I walked down the squeaky old stairs that lead from the bedrooms down to the living room, kitchen and the dining room. Papa was watching the old colourless Tv

"Evening papa" I greeted him smiling as I walked to the nearing bookshelf picking up our copy of 'Ballet Shoes'. I looked at my father who was still staring at the Tv, utterly engrossed by it. I shrugged off the thought before heading back upstairs to my room, I heard a knock at the front door but left it for Papa to get. My hands were already opening the book and my eyes glued to the words as I walked to my bedroom.

Meanwhile I heard the front door squeak open.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The man in his forties got up from his rocking chair where he had been watching Tv and slipped on his slippers before approaching the door. He slowly unhooked the chain, opening the door just enough to see the person on the other side. 

"What do you want?" the man questioned bitterly, unknowing of who the young boy at his door was. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer

This roleplay is in noway me romanticizing what occurred during the holocaust and it should not be treated as such. 

This is merely a plot I am interested in, and I was inspired by the Book Thief (NOT COPYING!!!)

Also if you do join this roleplay don't feel pressured to know everything about history in germany, most of the information I'm just looking up on the internet if I feel I want to be historically accurate.

I find this interesting, I just can't help but wonder what sort of background you'd want me to put in with my reply. I want to make it as descriptive as possible unless I should add, like, a separate description/background.

/monthly_2016_12/large-2.jpg.32abb42aeaf441c76d7fa6332c91dd99.jpgAvi Nikolas Lakowski

You grow up, you learn, you live, you thrive. Avi was only sixteen. He didn't understand - he especially didn't expect it. What was it? It was unexplainable. It was perfect in the eyes of everyone except the Jews.

It was Adolph Hitler. The man of beliefs, laws, lies. Well, in Avi's opinion it was all lies. It was a mindset that brainwashed the population surrounding him. Turning the backs of Germans against Jews, forcing people into hiding, to run. Bodies being taken and piled up. Fear increased. Because of one main and his followers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week before that Sunday was when Avi's fears came to life. The sixteen year old's father had died two years ago of an unknown illness. His body had gone lifeless in his own bed, with his son leaning right over him, and catching the last wisp of his breath leave his mouth. He remembered it vividly, crying for his mother, who had rushed in with a wet cloth in her hands. But she was too late. There wasn't anything more that she could do.

It was that same week ago that they'd been running, hiding, moving from house to house in hopes of finding places to hide. "Stay in the shadows," Avi was always told. During the day when he first woke and at night just as he went into his own deep slumber. That was exactly what he did. He was  surprised he wasn't found but then again only being around 5'9 for his age, he kept himself hidden behind coats in the corner of a closet. The Nazis raided the attic they had been hiding in, and Avi of course followed orders and stayed where he couldn't be seen. It worked though he paid the price of hearing his mothers screams as she was dragged away by men who'd have done the same if not worse to him as well. He sat there for who knew how long, waiting for the noise to die down. Even when it did he stayed put for ages. When he found the sudden courage to crawl out, everything was a mess, thrown around and torn up. Disheveled. That was the start of everything for him. Where it really began.

He remembered his father giving his mother a note while he was sick, and his mother giving himself the note when they'd gone on the run. So he opened it now that he was surely alone out of pure curiosity. But all it did was give him a name and address to head to when he was in need of help. Which was how he ended up at the Muller's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you Emeric Muller? My father told me to come looking for you, when I need help. You owe him a favor." The teenager's voice was deep yet shaky. He was worried of course - that this was the wrong place, wrong man, and in a matter of time he would be left for dead. "My father is Nikolas Lakowski." He added quickly in nothing but hopes of clearing up the situation more. There was no doubt about how he felt. He'd lost everything and this man would be his last hope. But then again, Avi had none of that left nowadays. The way he'd introduced himself was a poor choice. Whatever this man chose to do with him.. Avi assumed it would ruin him for good.

Attachments

• large-2.jpg
    large-2.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

5950778_orig.jpg

Emeric looked at the boys face that was only lit by the small porch lantern that flickered in the gentle wind, those eyes... He knew those eyes too well. The boy knew who he was. He was utterly speechless, he stood there shocked... The man that had saved him almost twenty years ago, his son... was standing right there. Finally he came to his senses "Get inside" he muttered with great haste, as he placed his hand on the boys shoulder pushing him inside. He slammed the door behind him, and quickly rushed the boy down into the basement.

"You must not speak.. My daughter cannot find you" he hissed. As they stopped in the dimly lit basement, Emeric stared at the boy "You look just like your father" he said quietly "Quite frightening actually" Emeric gave the boy a nervous smile. Emeric was quick to change the subject "You stay down here. Never go upstairs, unless I say so. If my daughter were to find out about you-" Emeric sighed "I am sorry. With everything that is happening-... I'll whisk you up some hot chocolate" Emeric stammered to find words "Hot chocolate makes everything better" Emeric spoke as he walked back up the stairs.

Of course that was something he used to hear often, that he looked like his father. But at this point in time the freckle faced boy had only one vague memory of his father's face. And yet barely any of what he currently looked at. Yet it was clear to anyone who passed him - his pale, pasty skin was covered in dirt smudges. His short dark hair was knotted and messy, unkempt to keep it plain and simple. His blue eyes which used to be bright with happiness was dull, light. Lifeless, as empty as his chest felt in the space his heart was meant to be. The last thing he had expected was to be welcomed, even if he was told to stay quiet, and he was nothing but grateful. It made a smile inch on across his dry lips as he looked towards the older man before him. Though as soon as he'd turned to go upstairs, the words of the warm drink rang in his ears. When was the last time he had something to drink? Or to eat for that matter? He questioned in his mind, uncertain, though not willing to voice it at all. He didn't delve much more on the idea as his hand crept up to feel at his face, he couldn't see himself, no, but the sense he gathered of his own features seemed to comfort him. "Chocolate. That's hot." He spoke softly to himself, his voice hoarse as he moved to sit on the floor of the man's basement awaiting his arrival.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emeric was shaking nervous as he began heating the milk up for the hot chocolate, he was so anxious. But finally he made it, he went to go back downstairs but stopped to think. Maybe the boy would want a snack, he nodded quietly before grabbing a muffin that his daughter had made earlier that day. Then he walked downstairs "I got you a muffin as well" he announced smiling "You're probably hungry, you need your strength" Emeric blabbered on as he handed the boy the muffin and the hot chocolate. "My daughter made the muffin earlier today, it's fresh" he explained as he sat down on a stack of firewood that was in the corner of the basement.

-----------------------------------------------------

Emmaline POV

Downstairs had gone seemingly silent from what I could hear from my room, I expected my father had answered the door and it was the pesky neighbor's kid playing another one of his pranks and he was now back in from of the television. As I made my way down the stairs into the living area, he was not there, and when I entered the kitchen... He was not there. I furrowed my eyebrows, but when I was beside the basement door... I heard him talking, was my father going insane? Well-... Probably. I thought for a moment, I should probably go down there and talk to him. It was one of the only moments he was away from the television. 

Avi's eyes lifted from having settled on his hand to focus once more on the older man. He was already quite sure that he would enjoy his stay. If he was even using the word in the proper context. Honestly, enjoy probably sounded like an overstatement but this was the highlight of his week. To feel safe. Even if this man didn't truly care about him, it was nice. "I'm sure your daughter has as kind a heart as you do, Mr. Muller." Avi spoke up softly, his arm tensing as it lifted the mug of hot chocolate to his lips. It was piping hot and despite the slight burn, made his lips wet and felt great as it went down his throat. And then the muffin which tasted much better than what would have killed him. Nothing.  He didn't think the stay could get any better from that point on. But after realization that being happy would perhaps cause worse things to happen to him. Nothing good would come out of making himself comfortable. Something bad was bound to happen. All of the emotions was all it took to make that one muffin taste bitter.

"Call me Emeric. No need for formality. As for my daughter, she is very kind-hearted... However she follows Hitler, and I don't know how she'd react to seeing a Jewish boy" He explained. Emeric thought to himself quietly "Only sixteen-... I probably ignore her too much" Emeric thought out loud. Before hearing the basement door squeak open "Papa? Are you down there?" the voice of his daughter echoed to him. Emeric's eyes widened "Hide!" he whispered as he ushered the boy into a cabinet nearby, he fit perfectly and Emeric closed the door before turning his attention to his daughter who was making her way down the last few stairs.

She held a lit candle in a brass candle holder, lighting up her innocent face. "Who were you talking to?" Emmaline questioned curiously as she looked at the cabinet her father had been quite frantic around only moments ago, her lace night gown covered her from head to toe, but she looked much like a porcelain doll.

"Oh myself" Emeric replied.

"Yes, Mr. Muller, I apologize. From here on I will call you Emeric by your wishes." Avi stated proudly, nodding his head stiffly. The last thing he wanted to do was upset the man and therefore did his best to please him. If what the elder man asked of Avi was to call him by his first name opposed to being so formal? He planned to do just that. This basement was the young man's last hope and he would do everything to keep it. That didn't meant Avi had no manners to begin with because quite frankly he did. That's merely how his parents raised him. It was only hard to show when nobody bothered to care at all. Listening to the man speak about his daughter, he could not help but frown. Especially when he heard he voice of said girl as he was shoved into the cabinet. The wooden door was creaked open just enough for his blue eyes to peak out and catch a glimpse of her. However he kept as quiet as possible.

Emmaline looked to her father with narrow eyes. "I'm singing in the Nazi choir tomorrow" Emmaline spoke trying to change the subject, Emeric nodded trying to seem interested. Emmaline nodded "I just hope they put those Jews in their place don't you?" Emmaline said smiling, Emeric nodded "Of course, Emma" he responded. The nodded smiling, her eyes noticed the cabinet door open. She approached it slightly but was stopped by her father's hand "You should go to bed" he told her sternly, Emamline's eyes didn't leave the cabinet... She swore she could see eyes, maybe she was seeing things in the darkness... Just maybe. Emmaline took a step back and nodded to her father "I see you tomorrow? In the crowd, watching the choir. Hitler will be there, I cannot wait" Emmaline said before hugging her father tightly before running back up the stairs. Emeric nodded "Tomorrow" he whispered to himself, before the basement door close. He sighed before opening the cabinet door, he hated himself for agreeing with his daughter. "I'm sorry, my boy" he said softly apologetically.

Of course Avi had wished anything but to hear their conversation. He found it unsettling if not anything else. He was just too afraid to want to bring it up laterm that dat. Even more so, it seemed to shock him that it was so easy for a man such as Hitler to so easily control a young girl though not the old whose hatred should have been easily influenced. If he was capable of influencing the mind of Mr. Mu- Emeric's daughter that Jews were so bad, he should have been able to do the same for Emeric himself. But now looking back on it he could easily tell the older man waa accepting everything his father said to gain acceptance, and he would just as likely be dead if he didn't support Hitler. Avi didn't even feel the slightest bit guilty from listening in on their conversation with the exception that he had just about been noticed. The girl had wandered towards the cabinet and who knew what she had seen... perhaps it was of him. Either way it made him take a step back until he couldn't any longer, shutting his eyes until he was dragfed with an almost begging whimper as he clasped his hands together. Though he quickly noticed Emeric before him and the girl out of sight. "You say she's kind hearted but I couldn't possibly belive that girl is at all your daughter. Or at least the daughter you know." He said just above a whisper.

Emeric looked at the boy and shook his head "she's a lovely girl. Truly, it's just Hitler" he told him softly. He sighed "I'm going to bring you down some blankets so you stay warm tonight" Emeric said before walking upstairs before quickly returning with a small pile of blankets. "While we're at the Nazi ceremony you keep to the dark corners just in case they come and search the basement" he told the boy as he began setting up a bed of blankets for him. 

Avi could barely nod his head in repose to the man, refusing to argue as he looked around the basement one last time. All the young man could think of was being caught. But I wasn't any of the Nazis he was now worried about, it was Emeric'a daughter. Emmaline, he was sure that was her name at that point. She would be who he needed to avoid. Who would most likely cause the most trouble. But he knew this place was his last hope - if it didn't work out, he would give himself up. There would be no reason to run any farther to an unknown place. An unknown destination. Because if things were meant to work out for him, he would find a way out of the grasp of Hitler. So, that night, after finishing his his snack and drink the brunette laid in the bed of blankets made for him and closed his eyes to relax. The next say as well, he stayed just in the cabinet he remembered being shoved in to rest while they were gone.

Emeric came downstairs "Get up boy" he whispered hurriedly "I've just received word they're searching basements during the ceremony" Emeric spoke. He threw typical German clothes at him "If Emmaline asks, you're name is Charles Webber. You are from nearby, son of a librarian downtown" Emeric spoke quite quickly as he helped the boy into his clothes. "Quickly, Emmaline's already at the ceremony!" Emeric hissed "Hurry!" he rushed as he practically dragged the boy upstairs before placing a hat on his head that partially hid his identity, then rushed them outside.

Avi groaned softly, shaking his head as he took the clothes into his arms. He clearly didn't mind having to change though as the clothes were fresh and hopefully fit his body. Which, to no surprise, they did seeing as his body was so thin anyways. His eyes were still half-closed however as he allowed himself to be dragging and a hate placed on his head. "Where are we going, Emeric?" He asked quietly, looking over at the man as he stumbled towards the street and rubbed at his face. "I don't know where the ceremony is, you know that." He added under his breath as he stood up straight and let out a yawn.

Emeric dragged Avi down the street, a couple of hundred meters down until they reached the large gathering of people. To the right was the choir, children from 5-17 lined up perfectly the youngest and shortest at the front and the older taller children at the back. Emmaline found herself a in a row in the middle. Emeric shoved through the crowd dragging Avi with him, he stood with Avi at the front, which is where you stood if you had nothing to hide. As Hitler would be only a few meters from you. "Just follow as I do, Charles" Emeric addressed Avi by his 'name' giving those around him a friendly nod. "Visiting from Hamburg, he really wanted to see Hitler in the flesh, big supporter aren't you Charles?" Emeric spoke to them as he looked down at Avi to them as he pointed to Avi, they nodded "Welcome" a few of them greeted.

Avi had almost immediately regained his composure upon realizing they were surrounded by others, an eager smile forming on his pale lips as he looked around the crowd. "Yes, sir, I've been dying to see  him in person. It's only what I've been dreaming of for ages." He lied simply, nodding his head as he glanced towards the others with a wave of his hand. "It's very nice to meet you all, it's better to be surrounded by fellow supporters than to find out someone was a nonsupporter." He spoke with a laugh, licking his lips before returning his gaze towards the group of children. "Is that Emmaline, sir?" He asked curiously under his breath, nodding towards a blonde that looked only the slightest bit familiar in the midsection of them all.

Emeric nodded as Avi pointed to his daughter in the choir "Ah yes. There she is" he said smiling. Emmaline looked over to Emeric not noticing Avi, and waved happily practically bouncing with excitement. Emeric nodded giving her a wave in response. Emmaline's blonde hair was in two low ponytails on either side of her head. Emeric looked down at Avi "Looks just like her mother" he said solemnly.

Avi smiled and nodded his head despite the bitter taste in his mouth at the idea that the girl happily supported the man out to get him. "Just as much as I look like my father, I'm sure. It's never a bad thing." He added under his breath before turning his head to look away and down at his outfit. With a fake smile he tilted his head to look at the elder man and nudged his side with his elbow as he spoke low through clenched teeth. "Please tell me that this was not all you could possibly find for me last minute, sir, it's not extremely comfortable compared to what I usually wear." He spoke bluntly.

Emeric sighed "Yes that was all" he muttered "They're my smallest clothes" he replied. Finally Hitler made his appearance with two SS soldiers on either side of him. There was shhes all through the crowd. Then Hitler turned to the choir as trumpets and drums began playing in the corners. The choir broke into song. The song detailed how great Hitler and Nazis were, detailing how to kill the Jewish. It made Emeric squirm as he kept his head forward, he glanced down at Avi to make sure he did so as well. When the song was complete, Adolph Hitler was handed a microphone. 

"My fellow people. It has been done. These 6 years have lead to this moment, our sub-human counterparts the Jewish have filled 50 concentration camps. We shower their evil, and make sure their race do not breed with our children. They rape our women, they take our jobs and beat our children dead. I promise you, Germany... I will make Germany great again, 100 years from now... Germany will be great" Hitler spoke.

"Heil Hitler!" the crowd shouted as what seemed like in unison they all saluted him. Including Emeric and the choir. Over at the choir, Emmaline clapped after saluting, she hugged her friends in the choir as Hitler made his exit.

Avi was doing exactly what he assumed was proper to do in such a situation, kept a smile and head forward, hands directly to his sides. He didn't speak as Hitler spoke, kept his eyes as bright and happy as possible, though refused to look directly at the man that would attack him in any second. The man that sent others after his mother, left him alone, to die in the streets, be murdered, or found and taken away only to die later. He didn't have many options but the one that succeeded was surprising. He found a man willing to take him in after a fair debt to his father. He was much more depressed by the song that the children sang than the speech given by Hitler himself. Perhaps the more detailed description of his plans sung by others, children specifically, hurt him. That the younger generation was easily influenced and supportive of a man's plans.

Avi licked his lips and saluted, barely even muttering the chant underneath his breath though expressed as so much joy that he couldn't muster the words. Though his gaze hadn't returned to Emeric at the end, and instead the young girl who was the man's daughter with her friends. For the strangest reason she stuck out to him but he didn't want to bring that up at all. "Emeric, I would like to get back." He finally spoke sadly, a shake of his head as he turned back towards the man.

Emeric gulped "Yes. Now you're going to be with Emmaline, try not to speak. But if she asks you something... Respond, when we get the house... You go around to the backyard after we go inside, theres a trapdoor, go there and the tunnels lead to the basement" Emeric explained before Emmaline came running over. "Papa!" she exclaimed as she hugged Emeric, before turning to Avi "Who's this?" she questioned smiling as she outstretched her hand to shake his hand.

Avi only had just the right amount of time to nod his head before the girl had shown up in a matter of seconds, quickly flashing her a smile. His blue eyes scanned her face before he took her hand and shook it as gently and lightly as possible before retreating. "My name is Charles, it's nice to meet you. I only came to see Hitler in person, a dream of mine, really." He lied smoothly as he took a glance towards Emeric. "I'm glad I've accomplished that goal." He added under his breath with a shake of his head, returning his gaze to the girl before him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back