• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Genshin Impact x RedOut -// Festival of Velocity Dev Site

OOC
Here
Aight, I’m about to go home; I started sketching some ideas for a potential “native” craft. One idea I had is to attach those green rocks from the floating platforms to the ship‘s undersides, and I want to have a design that emphasizes air flow because Mondstadt.
Aside from that (and it can wait, because if the craft even gets developed, it’s gonna be during the RP), what else is needed before the RP can start? Did you remember your idea about the timeframe?

Edit: If you can't remember your idea, we can try to work out something new. I'd suggest that the SRRL's entry starts either after all the major questlines finish or after the Mondstadt questline. The "after all major questlines" option would allow us to ignore Tevyat's political issues and shift the focus to AG racing, but having the entry happen during one of the major questlines could create some interesting situations

Last edited:
Aight, I’m about to go home; I started sketching some ideas for a potential “native” craft. One idea I had is to attach those green rocks from the floating platforms to the ship‘s undersides, and I want to have a design that emphasizes air flow because Mondstadt.
Aside from that (and it can wait, because if the craft even gets developed, it’s gonna be during the RP), what else is needed before the RP can start? Did you remember your idea about the timeframe?
For the design of Mondstadt’s native craft, we could go for something with a streamline look, similar to that of cars from the early 40’s - 50’s due to their unique take on aerodynamics for the emphasis. Kinda like these
1688675448666.jpeg
1688676177308.jpeg
1688676360289.jpeg
1688676487743.jpeg
Colors of it depends on the color of the Plaustrite ( The floating rocks you mentioned) from the common (Green) to Azurite (Blue/Gray) and Vermillionite (Red-Orange)

Anyway, I managed to recoup some snippets which involves a Region’s festival, I don’t remember which one but overall:

SRRL Officials alongside Construction Personnel appear through one of the structures close by either Liyue Harbor or Mondstadt, meet the natives, negotiate track construction plans, etc

My idea with the native ship is that Albedo gets annoyed at the SRRL folks because they act superior to the natives, just because they conquered and colonized space in their homeworld. So he sets out to create an AG racing craft out of spite, and uses it to demonstrate what Tevyatian alchemy can do.

How much of Genshin's plot do you wanna work into the RP? I have a design doc with some plot points:
-The SRRL tries to build a track through Jueyun Karst but gets sabotaged by the local deities, who encase the SRRL workers in amber or damage the track's supports
-Something something lore snippet about the people's excitement about the SRRL gets reflected in the glaze lilies, those flowers that you sing to

Do you think we could start tomorrow (or this evening for me)? Also, how do you ping people? I wanna notify Kitsuno, because they showed some interest

My idea with the native ship is that Albedo gets annoyed at the SRRL folks because they act superior to the natives, just because they conquered and colonized space in their homeworld. So he sets out to create an AG racing craft out of spite, and uses it to demonstrate what Tevyatian alchemy can do.

How much of Genshin's plot do you wanna work into the RP? I have a design doc with some plot points:
-The SRRL tries to build a track through Jueyun Karst but gets sabotaged by the local deities, who encase the SRRL workers in amber or damage the track's supports
-Something something lore snippet about the people's excitement about the SRRL gets reflected in the glaze lilies, those flowers that you sing to

Do you think we could start tomorrow (or this evening for me)? Also, how do you ping people? I wanna notify Kitsuno, because they showed some interest
For pings, type in a @ symbol followed by the user’s name. It will list the names so you just gotta click on the one you want to ping like so: IMG_0473.png

Anywho, I feel like the superiority act would mostly come from certain teams like Wallace-RG (Crowdbase in general would likely be on a powertrip ever since their side’s victory in the Space Assault Era, which was Technically a prequel space shooter game about the Exodus war during humanity’s journey to a colonized mars )and Behemoth (Canonically has a fanbase entirely made of hotheads), both likely laughing at the idea of Teyvatians in the league. Mechanics and designers from Koen and Sulha might offer to help Albedo smoothen out the edges, though ultimately up to him at the time.

Though I’d definitely see how some people among the workers would act that way too.

An idea about Training Natives for a smaller league would be that it is used with the RedOut 1 Ships, and taught by workers for ESA and Mantis in a militaristic fashion (ESA being the gentler side while Mantis showcases the seriousness in requirements of what it takes alongside the risks)

Jueyun Karst definitely seems like a spot the SRRL would have eyes on, and with the struggle of Adepti sabotage, it likely would lead to interesting culture shock about deities’ existence. I also love the Glaze Lily snippet. I think another good one would likely be a Team Showcase festival, basically a meet-n-greet between Natives and their Regions’ paired teams and ships

I have high hopes we’ll be able to start tomorrow, and honestly can’t wait to do so either

yep!! Sorry about that ah-

Alright, I'm ready! Where do we wanna start?

Maybe an ESA Vanguard would be suited best to explore the terrain, since the ship was canonically designed to explore planets iirc

Edit: also, obvious question, but where did the portals come from? Is that yet to be revealed or is it just gonna be hand-waved?

Last edited:
Should we make Tevyat five times as big as it is in-game? I have a feeling that if we were to take the in-game map as is, racing tracks would get incredibly cramped by AG racing standards

For anyone reading, according to Beetle’s research, an ESA Vanguard could take as little as 33 seconds to travel from Mondstadt’s gates to Sumeru on the 1x Tevyat map. That’s less than certain lap times on some tracks from Redout 2

So what's the plan for the starter post?
Thinking of a prelude. As while those portal gates weirdly appeared around Teyvat, same could be said for some areas (Namely SRRL Complexes and ESA’s home ground) that they appeared around as well. I think it would mark introductions for those on both sides who take interest to the gates, Like Albedo & Sucrose on Teyvat’s side, and the European Space Agency (ESA).

Time passes, whereas cautions and curiosities root in Mondstadt, and Eagerness in potential seen by the SRRL hits highs. And on the day that an expedition was to take place, agreements were made that the right individuals for the job would be ESA’s Ambassador: retired AG-racer Jackson Lark Kapoor, descendant of Lucious (1st AG racing season champion) and Herman Kapoor (One of the 4 engineers who birthed the Vanguard)

Which takes it to the present, right as the expedition begins

I headcanon him to be humble yet ambitious. The type to look at new concepts and take a try at it without fear (like learning how to use a windglider) despite his age. Outside of work he is often found spending time with his family, like enjoying a good drink with his son Lucious or joining Jackson on cruises in his personally owned Vanguard.

He likes his alcohol, and is one to appreciate a good drink with other friends like the fellow engineers who aided in AG racing’s birth, or designers and engineers from other teams.

One word of advice, do whatever it takes to convince him not to make desserts. Last time it resulted in a key-lime pie in which after it was eaten, held the same results as having 3 of everything on the Taco-Bell menu.

I'm sorry, but I'm having zero ideas of what's going on in the thread rn-
I'm very confused-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back