• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Genshin au.

OOC
Here

Hyena

(this is from the interest check)
A small group roleplay of adventurers who travel the world of Teyvat helping people along the way (maybe) and accomplishing their own goals. I think it would be neat if they became great friends, but I know this can all depend on the characters that come to the table. This would be something where we work together to come up with plots and build our characters up or break them down for them to rebuild themselves again. If this is something that interests you, please post and let me know a little about your character(s) you'd be interested in bringing.

I'm looking for this to be a once a week (soft) requirement for posting. Really as long as we're talking and communicating, I don't think nor want to put a hard requirement on post frequency. I want you to want to post and have fun. I also ask for a couple paragraphs, quite manageable. As we are going to largely be in a planning stage before we get into the meat of a roleplay, you can expect more of us talking and sharing our ideas and character creation.

Currently, I'd only be looking for 3-5 other people as a standard adventuring party is made of 4 people/characters, but I'm cool to go up to 6. I would like for our cast to each have a different vision (element).

Current questions I have for the crew;
1. should we lump ice and water together? Or leave them as separate things?
2. Do we want to present style and level of technology in the canon world of Genshin or do we want it more before the times where those such as the Adeptus and Yokai were more around (blatantly)?

my character; Junji
Junji was a young dragon before he was casted out from his [?]home[?]. Stripped of his powers and most of his identity, he's now a 'snake.' He does not understand to why, as his memories are fragmented which only continues to keep him frustrated. He's determined to learn what caused his descension, and to serve those who he believes wronged him. He uses his vision's element (ice) to emulate a dragon (for example, he can give himself wings but he can't actually fly). He can however turn into a snake (So, he was/is like an adeptus I guess, something like that). ON top of that, he's trying to learn how this world works and having to deal with, tolerate people. He's not the most pleasant person but he's not heartless either.

I think a good place to start is where/how our characters will meet which I think we can do once we learn about them a little more when y'all share them. 😁

To answer the questions:
1. Depends, but I think we should separated it.
2. I think we should keep it more such to the Adeptus and Yokai. This is just personal preference though.

Other than that though, do we just have to create our character and put it here?

To answer the questions:
1. Depends, but I think we should separated it.
2. I think we should keep it more such to the Adeptus and Yokai. This is just personal preference though.

Other than that though, do we just have to create our character and put it here?
Kind of like a talk about your ideas/characters thing more than an official CS at the moment. As I wanna talk about our characters and what people want to do with them, what plots and things we want to do. Goals, and how they will join each other together as a team

I encourage you to check out the oc thread to talk more about what ideas you might have for this character. Sounds fun, I hope I didn't come off like you "have" to make it like the canon Traveller's story too. My main worry would have been the switching between all the elements which you already mentioned sticking to one. ;)

As the story is meant to follow a group travelling together, would you be wanting your character's sibling to be appearing every so often like a shadow they're trying to chase? Another idea is if neither remembered exactly what their sibling looked like, and they are travelling the whole time with each other looking for their lost sibling. 😂

oooo what if when they were tossed in Teyvat they lost some memories along the way, so while they know that they need to look for their sibling, they can't really remember their name or what they look like, which makes it hilarious if they are actually traveling with said sibling.

oooo what if when they were tossed in Teyvat they lost some memories along the way, so while they know that they need to look for their sibling, they can't really remember their name or what they look like, which makes it hilarious if they are actually traveling with said sibling.
That's a great, has me laughing. I am open to the potential for Junji being the sibling, but he is a dragon (or well, he was a dragon, he's currently a snake) so I don't know if that affects your plans you may have. He already had some things about him that make it possible to fit in with your idea (first post). I think he wouldn't even remember or even think about a sibling though in the beginning, that's a bit of information he wouldn't even have yet (that he has a sibling).

That's a great, has me laughing. I am open to the potential for Junji being the sibling, but he is a dragon (or well, he was a dragon, he's currently a snake) so I don't know if that affects your plans you may have. He already had some things about him that make it possible to fit in with your idea (first post). I think he wouldn't even remember or even think about a sibling though in the beginning, that's a bit of information he wouldn't even have yet (that he has a sibling).
I mean I was thinking of using Hydro as my characters element and I wouldn't be apposed to her being a dragon as well if you're okay with that? His fractured memories and his decreased powers could be a by-product of them being tossed into Teyvet.

Maybe! Let's see what other people come up with too so we aren't hastily decided. Their elements will work well together (hydro & cryo). I kind of like the idea of them being siblings more and more though so if no one pops up to say they want that spot, I'll take it! 😁

I think I can do away with whether or not water/ice be separate or the same thing and will just keep them separate.

What's your opinion on this:

Do we want to present style and level of technology in the canon world of Genshin or do we want it more before the times where those such as the Adeptus and Yokai were more around (blatantly)?

Maybe! Let's see what other people come up with too so we aren't hastily decided. Their elements will work well together (hydro & cryo). I kind of like the idea of them being siblings more and more though so if no one pops up to say they want that spot, I'll take it! 😁

I think I can do away with whether or not water/ice be separate or the same thing and will just keep them separate.

What's your opinion on this:

Do we want to present style and level of technology in the canon world of Genshin or do we want it more before the times where those such as the Adeptus and Yokai were more around (blatantly)?
Okay sounds good to me!

I like the idea of exploring the times where Adeptus and Yokai were more common.

I would like also to open it up for others joining us or reading, that maybe your characters could also come from another world and get thrown into Teyvat too if that is something you are interested in. That could be a plot for all, and it doesn't even have to be the same world? 🤔

Hello! I'm very interested in this. In terms of characters I have two OCs that would fit this, one is an electro-user and the other doesn't have a vision. I am also happy to create an entirely new character as well! Also, I am open to doing sibling characters as well!

I have a Cryo Polearm character who would only appear to handle serious threats, part of his backstory involves a strong monster that he took out, and a Dendro claymore who is a researcher cataloging plants.

Oh I love that for the dendro! They could probably keep everyone on the know for the plants they know are harmful or helpful.

We can make a centuar work.
I also encourage you to look up kirins and qilins, they are awesome!

Alright, I'll also take a look at Kirins and Qilins too!

Here's my centaur oc! Her backstory isn't fully done yet but this is just the general idea:

Vision: Dendro or Geo
Weapon: Catalyst
Melody was born near the Whispering Woods. All of her relatives are all astronomers or astrologers, and Melody was no exception to follow in their footsteps. She was a obedient and helpful child but was also curious of a land outside the Whispering Woods. She was only able to explore beyond the woods because she got lost when she and her herd were moving to another clearing.

Last edited:
I am going to make a character sheet so we can have some guidance on building our characters.

We do have mentioned already;
Cryo
Hydro
Electro
Dendro

Hoping for some;
Geo
Pyro
Anemo (looking to bring an Anemo character)

I will update the interest check later today 💕

Here's what I have whipped up so far. II wanted to avoid adding anything too extra,, but you can add more details if you want to.

Name
- their element (Pyro, Hydro, Cryo, Anemo, Electro, Geo, Dendro)
Affiliations
- is your character part of any known groups such as the Knights, etc.
- if not, you don't need to put anything here
Personality
Appearance

- include a description
- you can include pictures or art as well. Please provide credits to the artists of artworks and illustrations.
Background
Other Information

I am tempted to have a sibling or something...but idk who will do that with me...

yes I do! I have a demihuman OC who would fit perfectly into this rp! Lemme just make the cs for her then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back