General Chat

It's funny enough that whenever I write Alaric, I think about what kind of music he listens too, uncharacteristically enough, he probably digs the classics? I'unno, it'd probably be waaay too far into the future, but like Frank Sinatra is like number one when it comes to mind. Ahaha, it's also cause he strikes me as the pretty strong corporate figure / scary godfather, that it's the simple things that make him ... almost human? Pfft.  Probs, digs a good glass of champagne or wine, takes his mom out to jazz / blue houses, and just spend the night together singing and reminiscing about the good ol' days. (Momma's boy? // Liability?) Cough.

I dunno, what kind of music does your character listen too? 

I also wanted to mention stuff about the rp, not just my late night(?) early morning rambling. The first GM post will be posted on Saturday of this week (02/04), I just wanted to let you all know, so ya'll don't think I forgotten about you. Pfft. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask! Also, there isn't going to be any specific posting order once the GM post is up, so you're all free to post as you please.

@Nai Maybe Alaric listens to like ... Acid Jazz Sinatra. I like to think Evelynn likes a smattering of everything, but mostly she likes technically skilled musicians, and hard, driving bass-lines.

My only questions would be:

1) How much freedom do we have to create NPCs?

2) How conspicuous are our characters allowed to be? Do Alaric's employees go around shooting people down in the street?

3) How afraid of law enforcement should our characters be/What is the state of law enforcement?

@Nai Oh, I had a few tech questions too, for Evelynn's loadout. Can she have;

-A Micro-wire vest, which is a super-thin body-armour that can stop small-arms fire the way a traditional vest does, in that it becomes less effective as it's hit, and still hurts like hell.

-An off-market smart-phone bracelet with black-market apps for bypassing certain electronic locks, hacking certain types of computer login, cloning and tracking other phones, and copying credit card/wireless payment fob information.

-A surveillance "mask" that stops any recording device from capturing her face or voice. The device is concealed in a set of stretchers.

Hey! Some extensive plotting and troubleshooting is going on, and @Nai is in the process of getting stuff set up. It will be awhile longer before the RP starts (hopefully we get some more people in that timeframe too), so we'll keep you updated. <3  Let us know if anything changes on your end.

Hey! Some extensive plotting and troubleshooting is going on, and @Nai is in the process of getting stuff set up. It will be awhile longer before the RP starts (hopefully we get some more people in that timeframe too), so we'll keep you updated. <3  Let us know if anything changes on your end.

If you need help plotting, I'm down ... Though I'm at work.

@Nai Maybe Alaric listens to like ... Acid Jazz Sinatra. I like to think Evelynn likes a smattering of everything, but mostly she likes technically skilled musicians, and hard, driving bass-lines.

My only questions would be:

1) How much freedom do we have to create NPCs?

2) How conspicuous are our characters allowed to be? Do Alaric's employees go around shooting people down in the street?

3) How afraid of law enforcement should our characters be/What is the state of law enforcement?

Update for Neon: Perhaps the video I provided, will help in regards of your technical questions. (Also, I approve of all of your tech gear, especially the over-the-top smart phone.) 

1. Freedom regarding NPC creation should be taken lightly, you're welcome to create characters for the reason of easy disposal, but of course, if you do decide to make a NPC. I'll only require the basic requisites and I'll create a separate spread for NPC Characters. NPC's should also be made for either furthering the plot, your character development, or death/action sequences. [In other words: Don't make your mother's character an NPC CS.]

2. Your characters have been picked up by Alaric because of their potential, you're meant to uphold a professional vibe when it comes to performing your job, but of course, what you do on your spare time doesn't correlate with what is expected of you at night. I'll also like to mention, Alaric's corporate persona and his Godfather persona, are two very separate characters. The people who work for him in a political/corporate setting will do nothing but that, whilst those who are involved in the gang will simply do the heavy lifting. You have freedom to do as your wish, but if your character goes around shooting in broad daylight, I doubt Alaric will come save your ass, or better yet, he will and he'll punish you himself. 

3. We're set about 100 years into the future, and rather than explain the vision I had in mind. I will show you: Click Here this is totally me not being lazy, but if you have any more questions I will go into more depth. Remember when I said, you'd get a fancy new phone? Yeah, there's an expansion on that. As for how law enforcement works out, it's essentially the same, except because Alaric own such a huge portion of the world's economics. You're technically protected, but that doesn't mean the cops won't chase you if you fuck up.

YES! HELLO!! I'M NOT DEAD. I've been busy with some current RL affairs, but I am back and kicking. The RP is not dead, but of course, throughout my absence RPN has decided to make an update regarding HTML coding reverting back to BB code, which I'm sort of worried about because of how it could affect the roleplay. Which, hopefully, is little to nothing. I didn't bother reading the Darkwiz post. Sorry not sorry bb.

If anymore questions feel free to ask, I'll be available starting from here on out!

If you find any mistakes in this post, pls ignore. I tried to get this out as quickly as possible. Didn't bother to check punctuation or grammar. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there! Looks like I'm late to the party and man... this black and white switch is going to take me some getting used too. @ _ @

Huh, maybe it's only the mobile page, but there should be a little button down there at the bottom tjat says theme. You may have to reset it all the time though ...

Nah, even on my mobile and web browser, if I try to change the theme it still remains the same. But I appreciate your attempts to help. Thanks :))

This thread in particular is set to night life, haha. That is the personal preference of Nai, and when it isn't night life... alot of formatting issues occur from people who aren't? Idk. Weird site stuff. Everything as far as planning and trouble shooting is in fact done, welcome to the RP Aster, which will probably start this weekend. (Hopefully Saturday night, in the AM). Nai's computer is toast, lol. They're having to replace it. Aster mentioned our invitation to Skype, so in accordance with RPnation's rules, you private message me your Skype name. . (Skype is so much more useful for OOC talk)  Anyone, at this point, who is no longer interested in the RP, whether it be: a different schedule, died down excitement or whatever the case. We prefer that you let us know. 

Uhh. Aside from that there isn't much to say. I could accept Aster's CS, but I want Nai to have time to look over it. 

Thanks for the welcome and damn, I guess there's no helping the theme then. Can I make a suggestion to use discord instead of Skype? It's easier to use imo and you can create different text channels for different topics (plot, char rs, general, etc.) Not that I mind using Skype... it's just a suggestion.

Yes yes, the rumors are true, my laptop is the toast. It's been acting up and it officially died on me yesterday night. So at this point I need to go buy a new one. --- for now, I either have do everything through mobile until I get a new laptop, which won't take long.

But, in regards to the rp. all I need to get ready is the gm posted and the last two character sheets. As well as look over @Aster character sheet.

@FreckledWizard had addressed this earlier, but if you've lost interest already please do tell. There's a majority of you that I already know the situation of so I'm not too particularly worried about this rp status, but @KurtH6355, if you're scared of it's death... fear not, for even if my laptop has died my will to write has not. 

db5e344e-a986-48bd-ac53-5043713a8e11.jpg

Yes yes, the rumors are true, my laptop is the toast. It's been acting up and it officially died on me yesterday night. So at this point I need to go buy a new one. --- for now, I either have do everything through mobile until I get a new laptop, which won't take long.

But, in regards to the rp. all I need to get ready is the gm posted and the last two character sheets. As well as look over @Aster character sheet.

@FreckledWizard had addressed this earlier, but if you've lost interest already please do tell. There's a majority of you that I already know the situation of so I'm not too particularly worried about this rp status, but @KurtH6355, if you're scared of it's death... fear not, for even if my laptop has died my will to write has not.

I still wanna do this so I'll be patient. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back