Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MXF

• FXF

• MXM

• Total voters
I play a mix myself, feels like I can get more out of my writing experience if I vary it, so I try to write everything.

I found adding a bit of romance sometimes can make it interesting. I thought it would be just plain awkward at first, but after trying it once, found sometimes it just gives more depth to those characters.

I think any kind of romance in RPs is great but I like focusing on friendships better! But I think romance is definitely something that makes an RP more interesting/keeps it going for longer.

I consider RPing a means to discover, not just create. My character's gender/preference always depends on two things:

1. Themes I'm hoping to explore via research and discovery
  2. Whatever looks coolest when I draw it

In a previous RP setting, I created an asexual character who was assigned female at birth. It was educational in several ways; it is in fact why I call the character "assigned female at birth", whereas when I was creating the character I was using the term "asexual girl".

Hmm...well, I tend to lean more towards playing Female Characters. It's always been a thing of mine, ever since I played Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, along with the Mass Effect Games or just anything with a character creator, but I'll still make Males.

As for pairings: Homosexual, usually FemalexFemale, mainly due to a particular individual I RP'd with.

I most of the time play a gay male character. I usually do MXM for relationships. I usually do multi-character rps. So not all of my characters are male, but my main character is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally play a character that interests me the most. They could be male, they could be female. They could be of any background and have any opinions and interest, but things such as gender and sexual preferences doesn't really prevent me from roleplaying as that character I guess? It's all about their personality for me, and what their goal is.

Though, I do find myself wanting to RP FxF/MxM instead of MxF.

I also find it harder to find people who are willing to RP FxF couples, who are more focused on the fluffier and cuter side of their relationship.

One thing for sure, I prefer playing as the protagonist instead of the antagonist. Which is why most of my characters are good, but I do have one or two villainous OCs.

I have more active male characters than female, but I play my female more than any other character. I rarely focus on romance in RP, however I typically only do MxF. Very rarely I'll do FxF, but never gay males. I just don't do gay men any justice, so I don't try to write them.

I play mainly male characters. I used to play female characters as well but I created my first male character and ever since then I've only ever played male characters. It's probably the closest thing I could come to being male (and this is where all sorts of weird genderqeer stuff comes in which I don't even want to go into)

I have yet to play any romantic pairing though. I would be willing to roleplay out one if it made sense, fit into the context of the roleplay and would mainly be a side plot to my character's main plot. Romance isn't something that I really want to focus on. I'm more into action and adventure.

For some strange reason I prefer to play males; being female myself. Maybe it's because I always end up having to play the male? Either way, I've grown to enjoy it, to see the world from the opposite gender as myself.

As far as pairings go, it doesn't matter much to me, all are welcome.

I've preferred writing as males lately, and usually enjoy platonic relationships the best. But if there's going to be romance I honestly prefer writing from the female perspective, though it's merely due to relatability. I don't write anything other than straight pairings out of personal preference, I like to stick with what I know. I'm not much of a romantic, aha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back