• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gay Samurai Boys!

paiyu

Stardust
First, I need to make clear that this is MxM in case the title wasn't clear enough, somehow!

So, I’ve had this idea on the back-burner for some time now, trying to think of ways to make it work out. And while I feel I may have fleshed it out enough to go off of, or, at the very least, to hopefully garnish some attention, be aware that this idea is very much open to change! I love plotting with my partners and making the story something we’d both enjoy, so, if there is anything about the idea you want to change, or anything you want to add, feel free to say so! Also, I will say that this idea is kind of inspired by the anime House of Five Leave, but also the book The Magnolia Sword. So, that aside, here is the idea:

This story will be based on the feudal period of Japan, a time when powerful families (daimyo) and the military power of warlords (shogun), and their warriors, the samurai ruled Japan. However, I am no historian, so for the most part, this story will be of our own imagination.
What I’ve thought of so far is that your character is the head of a small daimyo; his family has been seen as weak for generations, his forebears having sought out peace opposed to conflict, resulting in the clan’s low numbers and even lower status among other families. However, your character wishes to change that. He’s done with the peaceful ways, as they are the cause of (choose some great tragedy, haha! Maybe your father was killed because he was peaceful and refused to defend himself and their family, resulting in the near extinction of their family name?). So, he has began to roam the land in search of the most powerful martial artists he can find.
This is where my character would come in. His family is disgraced due to action taken by his father in what was supposed to be a friendly duel, but turned into a massacre, all over a set of swords. His father wanted them, his rival had them, so he killed him and took them. As a result, their family was exiled and forced to move from their once beautiful family home in the south, forced to move to the north. Once in the north, his father became ill and died, leaving my character as the head of the small, disgraced family. He had great skill with the sword thanks to his father’s teachings, but with the dishonor looming over his family, it was impossible to find any form of reliable work… until he heard of a certain family seeking out skilled fighters to join them. The family was small, but definitely larger and richer than his own.

So yeah, that’s the gist of it! We’d both play as multiple characters to make this work, but our main characters will obviously be the main focus of the story. I’ll leave it at that for now, so if you’re interested in fleshing this out a bit more, message me! I’m sure we can come up with something awesome!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back