• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gates of Arcania

Tranquility/Frost/Elvangora
11587629763_6e8de62fd6_b2-png.359744
elsa__male_version__by_unitydrawer-d7q7b1u-jpg.359735
father-son-thranduil-36474901-374-500-jpg.359740
Serenity, Alastier and Adrian all felt sick from the travel but Serenity felt the worst. She wasn't used to feeling ill and so she actually vomited upon arrival. She was on her hands and knees with her head lowered to try and make sure that she wouldn't vomit later on people. That would be way more embarrassing than just vomiting on the ground. After a while she stopped vomiting but she was in no shape to get up. She was not very strong at the moment. The others though, they seemed strong and steady enough to even stand. Alastier and Adrian were both a bit wobbly but Alastier was able to collect himself a bit faster than Adrian could. He didn't seem too afraid of the growling and snarling wild k-nines before them, but inside he was terrified his allergies would kick in. He was very allergic to dogs and cats, but for some reason, even though there were cat-people near by, his allergies weren't acting up but he was sure these dogs would do it.Adrian, however was calm for a whole other reason. She/he was in nature and felt at peace, even with these wild animals facing them. Adrian watched their movements and tried to count how many there were and if she/he could take them on for the most part. Surely because they were in a group these wolves would not attack. They would try to separate one of them from the group and pick them off. Right? But then again, she had never seen wolves in real life before. "Anybody got any bright ideas on how to get out of this situation?" she asked.

Fantasy looked at her fellow Outsiders, bewildered that everyone was looking at her for advice.

"U-Uh... why are you guys asking me?! Isn't it obvious?! We have to fight! C'mon, guys, didn't I explain--"

The teen stopped mid-sentence, a gob-smacked expression on her face.

".... Oh sweet Deities, I forgot to tell you guys about Powers..."

Fantasy basked in her shame for a few moments, before being dragged back to the present by the distant growls of the Lupine.

"Well, the good news is that Lupines act pretty similarly to wolves back home - they won't attack us as long as we stick together! ... I think...."

She laughed a bit nervously.

"At any rate, let me try and explain the basics! Y'See, in order to make sure Outsiders like us don't get killed right off the bat in Arcania, we're all given some sort of Power. This Power is based off of something that makes us unique: like a stealthy person gets invisibility, or a pyromaniac gets fire magic. In my case... I received something that I call Balance."

Here, the teen paused for a moment before shrugging slightly.

"Before you ask, I'm not sure what gave me this Power, but here I am! As for what it does.... er.... It's a bit difficult to explain. Um, let just..."

Fantasy extended her hand forwards, her palm facing up towards the sky, and concentrated for a moment. Within seconds, a small ball of pure magical energy and light appeared, and the teen smiled.

"As far as I can tell, I can use a variety of small-scale magic stuff, like pushing things or making a ball like this, whenever I want! The bigger scale stuff, like actual combat oriented magic.... that's a bit of a hit-or-miss thing. There's also a few other stuff, but..."

Dismissing that final statement with a shrug, Fantasy quickly dispelled the ball and looked over the (currently conscious) members of the group, a cheerful yet determined look in her eyes

"Well, you guys get the idea! Now then, while we have the time, let's try to figure out what each of you guys have before--"

The teen was cut off by a sudden snarl off to her right. Before she could react, her right arm suddenly had a pair of teeth clamping down onto it.

{Fantasy: - 1}

"OW OW OW!!! GET IT OFF!!!"

As Fantasy attempted to pry the jaws of the Lupine off of her arm, the others appeared to take that as their cue to begin advancing towards the group.

**This will also be found at the beginning of the RP!
How to RP EncountersCongratulations! You just encountered a bunch of dastardly villains/very hostile wildlife that really want to end your life! Assuming that you don't want to succumb to such a fate, please take note of the following points:
  1. Everybody can withstand 5 hits from the enemy per encounter! This number may increase or decrease depending on the character's circumstances (I.E. Being sick, wearing stronger armor, got healed, etc).
  2. If your character hits 0, they aren't dead! They're either unconscious, or physically unable to keep moving. It's up to you on which one it is, though!
  3. If you're attacking a character that doesn't specifically belong to anybody or have a name (AKA a generic enemy NPC), assume that your attacks are successful. Also, feel free to RP that character's actions, words, and whatever else is associated with them!
  4. When attacking an NPC that does belong to someone/have a name, please respect the fact that your attacks may not be successful, and do not attempt to RP that character's actions. It's rather rude.
  5. Please indicate if either your character is hit or an enemy has been taken down through the the use of brackets (EX: {Character: - 1} , {Enemy NPC: - 1}
  6. Finally, keep things interesting! Nobody's perfect, especially if they have little to no prior combat experience. Let them make mistakes, or get roughed up a little!
Understand those rules? Good! Now, let's go punch some baddies!

WARNING: ENEMIES ARE APPROACHING!

Lupines (14)

Encounter: START!!
Allies
Fantasy: 4/5

Jordan: 5/5

Peter: 5/5

Carter: 5/5

Serenity: 5/5

Alastier: 5/5

Adrian: 5/5

Ross: N/A {UNCONSCIOUS}

Enemies
Lupines Remaining: 14/14

Peter turns paler (somehow) as a Lupine clamps down on Fantasy's arm. He feels almost offended that the beast would attack a lady first. So, from the shade, he points at the wolf-like beast, and shouts.

"Hey, you! Do not attack such a lady, foul beast!"

Then, from within the inside of his coast, he feels a rumbling. From the glass containers. Then, a loud bang, akin to a gunshot rings out. A black pellet shoots out from the inside of his wrist, piercing the skull of the Lupine that bit Fantasy.

{Lupine: -1}

Peter is shocked to silence, apparently not expecting such a thing to happen. A cork slides out of his sleeve, followed by a black liquid trickling down his arm. Peter touches the liquid, which gets on his finger. He tastes it.

"Ink? What was that then, that shot out from my arm?"

He shakes his arm, and droplets of ink hit the ground.

Carter hears a Lupine to their side, and before they can react, it lunges out and latches onto their left leg.

{Carter: -1}

They fall to the ground in pain and terror, and the Lupine begins to advance, growling. It’s rancid breath was nauseating for the Cathrine, and they scream again as they kick at the Lupine’s stomach with both legs.

The action sends white-hot pain through Carter’s already injured leg. It wasn’t enough to knock the Lupine down, but it was enough to distract it as they scramble out from under it.

Tranquility/Frost/Elvangora
11587629763_6e8de62fd6_b2-png.359744
elsa__male_version__by_unitydrawer-d7q7b1u-jpg.359735
father-son-thranduil-36474901-374-500-jpg.359740
Serenity still could not function well at all. She was not very strong and right now, of no use in this battle. She was helpless as these creatures surrounded them and attacked suddenly. However, Alastier and Adrian were both trained fighters and could defend themselves and others. Though against animals was a whole other story, but they were willing to try. Adrian spotted a near by branch and grabbed it up quickly to use it as a weapon against the Lupine. When one of them charged at him he quickly swung the branch and smacked the beast mid air to knock it both down and away. "Bad dog!" he said and smirked as he found that the branch in his hand made him feel safer. Stronger. With this feeling he did not realize that the branch in his hand started to grow and flower. By the time he noticed he dropped it out of shock. "What the heck!" he shouted scared of his ability. In his shock his guard was down and this gave one of the Lupine the chance to bite his leg and bring him to his knees but this gave Alistier his chance to pitch in. He grabbed the scruff of the beast's fur and flung it as far as he could but when he did he felt a chill through his arms and it spread through the Lupine and froze it. When it landed it shattered into pieces. This scared him and Adrian both. "Okay.....that....was scary....how the heck did I do that? And can I do it again?" he looked at his hands then to he other creatures that had them surrounded.

{Lupine -1}
{Lupine -1}
{Elvangora -1}

**Note: I live once more! Once again, I apologize for the delay - reality decided that I wasn't busy enough, so... Yeah. Anyways, let's get back into things!

Fantasy startled for a second when a small, black ball of... something (Condensed shadow magic? Some sort of liquid?) shot out from somewhere, instantly killing the Lupine that was clamped onto her arm. With a quick breath of relief, the teen yanked her arm out of the animal's slacked jaws and turned towards who she believed was the source of the pseudo bullet, a grateful smile on her face.

"Thanks - um, er - Peter! While I'm not sure what that was, keep doing it!"

With that, Fantasy swiftly turned around to deliver some advise to the others, being mindful of the remaining Lupines as well as the ones who haven't been killed outright.

"Okay guys, so, be careful! Lupines can be pretty stubborn, so watch out for follow ups if you didn't kill--"

The Outsider suddenly cut herself off upon watching the Lupines that were merely beaten suddenly stand up and - to her immense surprise and confusion - ran off, crying out with a few pained yelps.

"Or-Or maybe not....? Okay then! Nevermind! Just do your best for now, then!"

As she said this, a tiny flash of concern flitted across her face as the teen briefly wondered about what she just saw.

'That was really weird... I thought Lupines were typically one of those 'Fight-to-the-Death' kind of animals...?'

Fantasy shook her head, mentally filing away that piece of information for later consideration.

'Eh, I'll just ask one of those monster-scholar people later! I have other stuff to worry about! Like making sure that none of these guys die on their first day in Arcania. That would be a terrible first impression on this place! Plus, I don't think losing six people in one go would inspire a whole lot oof confidence in---'

Wait a second, six?

'Hold up, wasn't there a seventh new Outsider...?'

Fantasy quickly looked at her surroundings and, upon seeing absolutely zero evidence of a missing (I.E. eaten) group member, sighed to herself.

'... maybe I was just imagining things?'

The Outsider immediately snapped out of her thoughts when a dark-brown blur raced past her, bounding towards the back of a certain reddish-brown Cathrine who still hadn't snapped out of the shock of being attacked.

"Crud-- Behind you!"

Acting on pure instinct, Fantasy shot out a hand and called out the name of the first spell that came to her mind:

"Ignis!"

Instead of a magnificent fire ball like she had hoped, there was a small pop and an underwhelming flare of orange appeared right in front of the Lupine's nose. However, before Fantasy could curse at her Power for screwing things up again, the Lupine jumped back with a fright-filled yip and ran off.

Fantasy stared uncomprehendingly for a moment before a metaphorical light bulb went off in her head.

"I got it! Hey, do any of you guys have a Power that's fire-oriented? Lupines really don't like fire (kinda like most creatures, actually), so..."

Allies

Peter: 5/5

Carter: 4/5

Adrian: 4/5

Enemies
Lupines Remaining: 9/14

"Fire, you say?"

Peter looks down at his hand, and coils a stream of ink around it. Some gears turn in his head. This is the ink he uses with a fountain pen, and many fountain pen inks are flammable. Lighting it on fire? He just watched Fantasy cast a fire spell! It seems like he has the capacity to influence ink and form structures and such with it. He creates a cylinder of ink around each of his arms, and braces himself He asks what must be a disturbingly strange command to Fantasy.

"Excuse me, Miss Walker! I need your assistance! Could you please cast that fire spell again, but aim it at me this time?"

If Fantasy does help him, Peter braces himself as fire sears his arms, creating a great pillar which he then points directly at the Lupines.

{Peter: -1}

"Back off, wolves. We do not want a fight, but if you are not going to turn tail..."

He points his arm at a Lupine, and sets it on fire. It runs away, burning up.

Histrio was about to enter the library just as the explosion, well, exploded. He was knocked forward, scraping his cheek on the cement and getting a stain of dirt on his sweater. Histrio quickly got himself to face the direction of the explosion.

"What. . ." He said, before feeling himself being drawn to the explosion. But he had a report to do for an important class. He looked between the library and the origin of the explosion.

(That's all I've got for now, sorry!"

**Note: Well, this is embarassing. Once again, I apologize for the random disappering act! I'm trying to not let this become a habit, I swear.
Alright, enough delaying! Time to RP!

Fantasy stared at Peter for a second, unsure if she heard her fellow Outsider correctly.

"You... You want me to do what now?"

Upon receiving no further elaboration, the teenager shifted a bit, clearly confused and uncomfortable, before aiming an unsure hand in the other's direction.

"E-Er... well, if you're absolutely sure about this..."

With a small cry of Ignis, Fantasy stared in anticipation as a familiar unimpressive spark of fire appeared in general vicinity of Peter's clothes.
That was when his arms were surrounded by two pillars of flame. Fantasy jumped back in surprise before promptly yelling at Peter with an aggravated expression on her face.

"UH-- WAS THIS SERIOUSLY YOUR PLAN??? SETTING YOURSELF ON FIRE?! DUDE, WHAT THE HELL?!"

Before the elder Outsider could go on a further tirade, she cut herself off when Peter quickly set one of the Lupines on fire. As she watched the creature run off with a pained yelp, she tilted her head to the side in thought.

'I... well, I guess that works...? I did ask for fire, after all... But, then again, that was extremely reckless...'

Fantasy quickly made a mental note to lecture Peter after the battle.

'Speaking of battles... Those Lupines are looking rather flighty, finally.'

Indeed they were - if one were to take careful notice, the wolf-like creatures were starting to creep backwards, putting themselves as far away as possible from a certain flaming elf. Fantasy quickly peered at her fellows in curiosity, idly hoping that a few of them also took notice.

'If enough of us charge forward, maybe we can chase them off without anymore violence...?'

Allies

Peter: 4/5

Carter: 4/5

Adrian: 4/5

Enemies
Lupines Remaining: 8/14

-------------------------------------
Meanwhile...
POV: THE DEITY

《Hmm, that should do it.》

The Deity quickly shut the small Path that they had created, making sure that the sole semi-Outsider (《How odd, he managed to avoid the full brunt of the magic diffusion.》) that they had swiped from Fantasy Walker's group was actually somewhere safe on Earth.
What? Just because they had an 'attitude problem' doesn't mean that they didn't have standards. The one that they took back wouldn't have made it very far in Arcania, after all - in fact, he probably would've been killed instantly, thanks to his charm-like Power. They were doing him a favor.

《Though, I'm pretty sure it really was a bad idea to do it now--》

As soon as they thought this, The Deity recoiled back into themself as their domain fractured once more, quickly using their energy to make it whole again.
For now.

《I sweat to the Stars Eternal, I am going to smite that Outsider of Balance when I get the first chance. Honestly, WHAT was she THINKING?! How did she not expect to slam open a blasted Gate when she practically just shoved all of her Power--》

The Deity paused in their mental ranting, suddenly remembering her reaction from the conversation from earlier.

《.... Wait. She didn't know... Huh. Maybe I should've warned her after all...》

Before they could ponder on this oversight, a small flare of magic snagged their attention. Specifically, a flare of magic that was both newly formed... and on the wrong side of the Gates.

《Oh, hello there, you wayward spark. I thought I nabbed all of you earlier.》

For a moment, The Deity briefly considered letting this one go - it was new, after all. Nothing major should happen to it. Plus, they really needed to focus on ensuring that their domain wouldn't be permanently damaged from Fantasy's... mistake.
However...

《Eh... Fine. I'll actually perform my duty... geez, what a pain.》

With that, The Deity formed a Path in a somewhat hidden stairwell that was close to the explosion. As they did, they also attached a minor Compulsion to the general area - one made to attract anybody holding any spark of magic towards the Path.

《And now, we wait and see what happens next...》

She screamed as the wolf lunged at her with its teeth bared, sharp and gleaming white. Its eyes were wild and angry. Hers widened in terror. She held the sketchbook in front of her face,hoping that the wolf would get a mouthful of paper instead of her flesh.

Then there was a pathetic spoof of flame, and the wolf yipped and spun in a different direction. The creature ran away with its mangy tail in-between its legs. Mayren blinked, not really sure what had happened. Everything was chaos; wolves were everywhere and people were fighting them. Fantasy was screaming at the red-haired boy who had apparently set his arms on fire to fight the Lupines. Everyone was either fighting or otherwise occupied, and she was standing there, trembling like a leaf caught in a foul shriek of wind. The Cathrine tightened her grip on the book as if it was lending her courage; she had to help, but she was not a fighter, and had no idea what to do.

What to do? She had claws; that's right! She had claws now, but would they really be that useful against-

A second Lupine snatched her leg and dragged her to the ground. She screamed again and swung the sketchbook at the monster's head. Instead of a successful blow, she dropped the book. It landed in the mud, open to a page featuring a sketch of a burning fire place. Mayren grappled for it desperately. The wolf ignored it and buried its teeth into her leg.

{Mayren/Jordan -1}

Mayren gave up on the book and tried using those newfangled claws to bat away the Lupine's maw. She barely made a scratch herself, but the roar of a black-and-white streak of fire trailing behind her fingers startled the monster and it released her. The creature gave the imaginary flame in her hand a wary look, then it turned tail and fled.

{lupine -1}

Mayren stared at her hand. The flame was small, colorless, and didn't burn at all, but it moved and glowed like a real fire. "Woah...." she breathed, distracted by the illusion she had conjured. Still holding it, she got to her feet, favoring the left leg which the Lupine had tore into. She cradled the fake fire in the palm of her hand. "Guys! I almost made fire!"

Carter hissed again at the lupines when Fantasy had lit Peter on fire.

"Are you INSANE?!" they screamed, but a little too late to stop the fiery... event. They shook their head and turned to Jordan, and then noticed the "fire" in her paw. 'What is it with fire today?' They sighed inwardly.

"H-How did you do that?" They asked the red Cathrine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back