• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Gangs of the East End - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
William Russell
hjnkjh-png.385731

Will heard Jacky asked Evelyn about her boyfriend and he couldn't help but scoff as he turned his nose up. Liam hadn't made a good first impression on Will the previous night so he could only hope Evelyn would come to her senses. The lad seemed too sure of himself and the way he stood around chewing his gum had only come across as cocky to Will. Still, he forced himself not to butt in, knowing Evelyn wouldn't appreciate his opinion.

Focusing his attention back to Timmy, he smirked when his brother said he didn't have plans for the day. "I ask because maybe it's time you started pulling your weight in the family business," he said, sitting back and folding his arms. "I know getting drunk and sleeping with women is fun for you, but maybe it's time to calm down a bit? I'm planning on extending business and I need you to do some work too. I also need you to be alert, because the darling Morgans get quite tetchy when they're not having free reign of the city."

Interaction: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Timmy)
Mentions: NanLia NanLia (Jacky) Bellz Bellz (Evelyn)

Desmond Forbes

rsz_1richard-armitage-hannibal-jpg.380354

Desmond couldn't help but smile at Margaret's correction. He was glad that his intrusion wasn't unwelcome; it was quite different for the two to meet in the "outside world", as it were, as opposed to the Alley Cat. In fact, now that he found himself in this situation he was suddenly rather anxious. Speaking to Mags at the bar was easy, with its unspoken mutual understandings between the two. Out here, it was... different somehow. He managed to shake off the feelings of apprehension, responding to Mags' question.

"No, she made it home quite safe with her mother. The... misunderstanding with her 'admirer' was resolved," he said with the slightest hint of a smirk. The waitress arrived soon after with a menu, handing it to Desmond who thanked her before quickly ordering a bagel and tea. As the waitress once again departed, Des glanced at the book Margaret had laid down. "Good read, I hope? I didn't intrude, did I?"

fcccf4ba63b4948f29146014c736e9e8--joseph-gordon-levitt-beautiful-men.jpg

Hearing his brother mention pulling his weight in the family business made him raise an eyebrow. Where was this all coming from? He was perfectly content with doing little things and thought Will was doing a pretty stand up job alone. Then he started to bring up his partying habits and sleeping with women. Why did it seem like everywhere he went someone was trying to lecture him into settling down? It's not as if he didn't want to, but he simply couldn't. He hadn't met the right girl yet, but being the way he is he wouldn't say so. Instead he just chuckled then narrowed his eyes at his brother with a cocky grin.

"Are you taking a piss, mate? Do you not know who I am, talking about settling down. I like being free; easier to do the things I have to do that way." He told him before settling into a seat. He stretched his legs out and put his arms behind his head. "I don't think we should talk about this with the girls around, eh?" He knew that they probably knew about what they did, but he still felt it better not to get them involved anymore than they needed to be. He nodded his head at the two females then to the door. "How bout you girls gossip about Evie's new bloke and weddings and such out there, hm?"

William Russell

hjnkjh-png.385731
Will internally groaned as Timmy responded by chuckling and then asking if he was taking the piss. He didn't have the patience to deal with his brother's attitude today, especially not now he knew the Morgans will have received his own bold taunts by this point. He was about to respond about the one-night stands and inability to settle down, when Timmy suggested the ladies left the room. At least they could agree on that. Will sent Jacky and Evelyn a gentle smile then waited for them to leave the room before he spoke again.

"Alright, let's forget about the women and your inability to commit. Just don't come running to me when one turns up on the doorstep holding out some bastard child you've fathered. That won't be my problem," he assured him. "You need to help out more with the business, don't you agree? I can't keep doing this shit with limited help from those who are happy to spend the profits. So what are you going to do, Timmy? Any ideas of how you'd like to help me and the rest of our family out?" he pointedly asked.

Mentions: NanLia NanLia (Jacky) Bellz Bellz (Evelyn)

Evelyn Russell
Emmy_Rossum_Esquire-16582.jpg!d
with: Jacky NanLia NanLia mentions: William Misty Gray Misty Gray Timmy Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
"Sweet Dreams Mummy." Evelyn sang to her mother as she exited the room. Evelyn's cheeks turned a slight pink at the mention of her boyfriend now her ex. It had been an interesting night for the young woman as she had her eyes opened to many things about men. Opening her mouth to speak, Timmy didn't hesitate to embarrass her greatly by pinching her cheeks like a child and complaining that she hadn't brought Liam around soon enough. Rolling her eyes, Evelyn tried to swat him with her free hand. Turning to Jacky, Evelyn gave a soft smile and a sigh. "Oh well, we were a thing for about 6 months now....until last night actually." Evelyn could see the pity coming on and she quickly shook her head and smiled widely to assure her almost sister in law that it was alright.

"I am the one who broke it off actually...I think I need to find someone who is around my age and shares my interests." She murmured to her before shrugging her shoulders softly. Her brothers made it clear that the conversation they were about to have would be in private and that the women needed to leave. Nodding her head, Evelyn walked with Jacky out into the other room. "My busy schedule was an issue so I decided to make it simple for him." Her eyes went to the clock on the wall and she sighed. "Speaking of busy, I'm really sorry Jacky but I have to get to my other rehearsal now otherwise I'll be late." Kissing her sister in laws cheek, she smiled sweetly before moving to go get changed into clean dance clothes for her rehearsal

Evelyn waved to everyone as she moved out the door. She would walk to rehearsal today, seeing as how it was nice outside and she had time for it. It was also just nice to be able to get out on the town alone without anyone holding her back. Though at times like this, after breaking up with Liam, she wished she had someone her age to talk to, like a girl friend. She held her bag over her shoulder as she continued to walk down the busy street taking in the hustle and bustle of everyone who passed her.

Allison Morgan

50ecdeb7060564636b731ca0d3b395cf.jpg
with: Oliver @ReverseWells; Harvey @Misty Gray mentions:
Allison listened to the conversation about William and shook her head slightly at her brothers comment. "Not just himself killed, but others if he's not careful. Someone who has no regard for other human life is definitely a dangerous man." She noted before Oliver caught her attention. Something about the way he was acting today had place Allison on edge. Having known him all her life definitely helped her understand that there was something that he was hiding. Jumping to conclusions, she felt hurt that her brother couldn't tell her things that were upsetting him...but maybe that wasn't the issue for him. Maybe she was over looking things, her brother would tell her if he was truly upset right? She sure hope he would, as she did that with him. Regardless, the conversation continued on without her saying what she was observing before her. She nodded along as her brother expressed his faith in his proteges work, she too had faith in Harvey's ability to trap the psychopath.

Allison took the vile from her brother with a delicate grasp and looked at its contents. "This sapphire is certainly pretty though." A smile formed on her lips in an attempt to lighten the mood. Allison knew that the business would be messy, and honestly she was ready for it.

Dorothy Morgan

a514e32dc4737febafd0a813cdfa2720--victoria-justice-girls-girls-girls.jpgDottie looked at the clock and sat up straight as she decided it was time to head out. "Well, mum. Whilst I love our chats, I think I need to go out for a bit so I can enjoy myself before school tomorrow. Ugh, I hate being stuck inside that classroom all day. It's like prison." she complained. She walked to the sink and washed her cup as she thought about the rest of her family who she hadn't seen yet today. She finally turned back to Mallory and gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back later. Tell dad I'm sorry I didn't see him, but I want to enjoy my day of freedom before school."

-------​

Dressed in a cute above-the-knee red dress and red wedged shoes, Dottie walked down the street with a smile planted on her face. She loved the fresh air and even though the place never seemed to be be quiet, she still found something relaxing about seeing so many people just getting on with their lives. It was times like these she forgot about her family's business and Imogen's growing fame. She felt normal and free of the responsibilities imposed on her by her family. She quickly looked over her shoulder, half-expecting one of her father's employees to be tailing her as often had been the case. After last night, she certainly wouldn't be surprised if she was being babysat from a distance. She quickly shook her head and was about to tell herself she was on her own today but she was snapped out of her thoughts as she collided with another teenage girl.

"Oh no. I'm so sorry!" she apologised, quickly checking to make sure the other girl hadn't dropped anything. When she looked up, she recognised Evelyn from the party the previous evening. She'd seen Evelyn with the Russells, so assumed she was Will's sister. Not that it did anything to alter the current situation, as far as Dottie was concerned. "I'm really sorry. I was daydreaming and I didn't see you..." she apologised. She then flashed a warm smile at the other brunette. "I'm Dottie Morgan. Did I see you at that party last night?" she asked.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Mallory) Bellz Bellz (Evelyn)
Mention: Bellz Bellz (Dexter)

1516675015721.png

Hearing his brothers reaction to his words made him raise a brow. Who knew he was so invested in his life after all? Of course he wanted to make a smart ass retort but bit his tongue back for the sake of not starting some dumb argument. He actually listened to what he had to say and rubbed his finger across his lips. So, he wanted him to do more for the business? It was about time he included him in the big boy games. He would leave a pause, letting his brothers words hang in the air for a dramatic effect.

"Alright fine. Since you begged." He said with a teasing smile. It was now time to use his skills to get some information from other people and he was getting the chance to use it to his advantage. "Well for starters, I don't have commitment issues. Remember the little blonde one I dated for oh 3 months before we broke up?" He waited for another dramatic pause. "Yeah well we aren't talking about it I'm just making a point. Second, if you need my help that badly then I guess I will help contribute my expertise. Everyone has a secret, right? I've got mine, you've got yours and I'm sure the Morgan's do to. Just have to find the right person to get the right information from."

ZLGxKiH.jpg

Jacky followed Evelyn into the living room of the house, coffee in hand, as they had been dismissed from the 'mens' conversation. She didn't mind, truly, not being included in what ever Will wanted with Timmy. She preferred for it to be clear she wasn't a part of whatever it was he wanted; she wanted to keep Tim's trust with her. As with Evelyn, she'd grown closer to Will's siblings over the years of their relationship and while she was almost constantly busy with work at the theater she did her best to keep up with their affairs. She was caught off guard when Evelyn offhandedly remarked that she and her beau had called it off last night; however sweet the pair had looked together at the charity event she understood the younger woman's reasoning.

Almost as quickly as she announced her departure from her relationship she was announcing that she was leaving for work. She, for one, couldn't comment on the girl being as busy as she was - she knew exactly the amount of hard work and dedication it took to make a career in the theater take off, not that she had done much of either herself, resorting to ... other means to rise to fame. She smiled and leaned in as Evelyn kissed her cheek. "Have fun." She wished her sister-in-law well as she took off. She knew Will would find her whenever he was done with Tim, so instead she busied herself with wandering the family home, spying on pictures and searching for those albums Clementine had promised the night before.
Bellz Bellz Misty Gray Misty Gray Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

gaw0eQS.jpg

Maggie was happy to hear that Desmond's charge made it home safely, though she didn't doubt that the admirer certainly got more than he bargained for; she had never seed Des 'at work' but given her line of work she had met many a men who would be put to shame by Des. She glanced to the book as he once more worried about intruding. "Third time reading it," She replied casually patting the cover. "So it has it's merits, but no, you're not interrupting anything important. Just a lazy day off." She smiled as she dragged her coffee closer to herself, adding sugar to the dark brew before stirring it. "What about you? I assume you have plenty of plans for the day?" She paused, glancing upwards in mock thought. "Hmm, I mean you've already checked of 'damsel in distress' from your list in the past twenty-four hours so: lifting cars?" She watched his face with a smile on her own. "Um. Saving a baby from a fire.... What else. Oh! Cat from a tree? I assume after that you'll be serving food for the homeless and then volunteering as a Big Brother?"
Safton Safton

Desmond Forbes

rsz_1richard-armitage-hannibal-jpg.380354

Desmond leaned back in his chair, relaxing slightly as Margaret assured him that he wasn't intruding. He opened his mouth to answer her question regarding his plans for the day, only to stop short as she began laying into him in her usual, teasing manner. He couldn't help the smirk that grew on his face as the faux accolades piled up, crossing his arms and watching her as she spoke. Once she was done speaking, he shook his head with a look of playful grimness. "If you must know, I keep the car-lifting and heroic rescues for business hours, miss," Des remarked with a wink. "Otherwise I'll leave the philanthropy to you and your employer."

The waitress returned with his tea and he took it with thanks, sipping at it appreciatively. Allowing a moment to pass, he cleared his throat lightly before broaching the next subject, avoiding eye contact as he did. "I'm surprised you don't have a date planned. Mister Timothy seemed rather taken with you last night... along with most of the men who visit the Cat on any given night."

William Russell

hjnkjh-png.385731
Will cracked an amused smile when Timmy teased him and gave in after his "begging". When his younger brother mentioned the blonde he dated, he shrugged his shoulders. "Three months? Wonderful. Let's try for four next time, yeah?" he lightly suggested. His brother always managed to bring a smile to his face, no matter how frustrated or irritated he might have been with him.

Will was pleased to hear Timmy would offer his own expertise to help them uncover the secrets they would need. Right now they certainly needed the outwit the Morgans where they could. Things were going to get heavy and it would be comforting to know they had ammunition to fight back with. "I'm glad to hear it," he assured him. "We have something aside from the Morgans to deal with today and I may need that expertise of yours. Some parts of my shipments have been going missing before reaching me and I've managed to whittle it down to men under my own employment. I have an idea which two are behind it and I know where we can find them in about one hour's time. I want to know who is behind this and why." He glanced to the clock, having expected Theo would have returned by now. "We could have done with Theo's presence too, should we need physical backup," he added. As far as Will was concerned, Timmy was a talker and Theo was a fighter.

Mention: KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Theo)

Theo Russell

hqdefault.jpg
Theo walked into the Russell Family home, two duffle bag slung over his shoulders. He had just returned from holiday with his friends, and he was eager to see his family. It only been two weeks, but considering the longest he has been from his family was typically the time he was before he graduated and in school and even then he usually interacted with Evelyn at least once or twice in between classes. It was a refreshing change but he was ready to get back into things with his older brother, Will. He had also missed the fundraiser and he was itching to hear any drama that came out of the night. After all it was basically the social event of the season and Francis always out did her self. Theo ripped his bags by the door and continued further into the house looking for any sight of his family. Theo smiled when her heard his name come from the kitchen. "Did someone say physical back up?" He asked walking in, a large smile plastered on his face as he Joined Timmy and Will, pulling each of them into a quick hug.

"Where is everyone else?" Theo asked looking around, "I expected more people to be awake at this time." He added, walking toward the cupboard for a glass to get himself some water.

Interactions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray (Will)
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Timmy)

Last edited:
William Russell

hjnkjh-png.385731

Will looked up to the door as Theo made his entrance into the kitchen. He got up from his seat and returned his young brother's hug. "Ahh, so the wanderer returns, once again," he remarked. He flashed a smile as the lad asked about what he'd overheard regarding physical backup. "You heard right, TJ. I believe I might have found out who has been robbing some of our stock from us and it's a couple of 'our own'. So we're going to get them to admit it and explain themselves," he said, a devious yet irritated smile crossing his lips.

"Everyone else?" he said, grinning as he looked to Timmy. "You just missed mum. She's just headed up to go sleep after staying out all night. Ain't that right, Timmy?" he asked, nudging Timmy's arm with his own elbow. "Jacky and Evelyn, I think might be around the house, unless our sister went to practice."

Will watched his brother get himself a glass of water. "So, are you going to be able to join us? We'll be leaving shortly."

Interaction: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Timmy) KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Theo)

Harvey Woodward

hdf-png.387724

Harvey looked to his watch before finishing the rest of his drink. As he replaced the mug back onto the table, the Morgans would notice the smile that had been briefly hidden behind the porcelain cup. It was a charming and endearing smile, one which would be be enticing to most people. Oliver and Allison, however, would likely be able to see the cunning and crafty subtlety beneath it.

"Well, my good friends, I will leave you both to attend to the laundry shop," he told them. "I have a Russell to catch and I'm sure he'll have graced the streets with his presence by now." Harvey took a pack of playing card and stuffed it into the pocket of his suit jacket. He then pointed to the other two packs. "I'll let you keep your gifts from Will." He reached into his back pocket and retrieved his wallet, taking out enough cash to cover the whole bill plus the tip, then placing the notes on the table.

Once he'd stood up, Harvey's gaze fixed on Allison for a short time before he shared his attention with both siblings. "Perhaps we should all head out for dinner this evening?" he suggested, glancing once again to the attractive blonde. "I'll be in touch later to confirm."

With that, Harvey left the cafe to return to his car and grab a couple of his men before he would head to his intended destination.

Bellz Bellz (Allison) @ReverseWells (Oliver)

1516675015721-png.390865

Timmy didn't even bother with a retort about a relationship. For now he'd let let William have the last word in that matter. Instead he tilted his head to the side in confusion upon hearing about issues in the business. His brother was asking for his expertise in the art of coercion and he was all there for it. "Shipment? Well what's missing?" He asked. "For my party tricks gotta have all the information big brother." Just as he was about to say more on the topic, in walked Theo.

Timothy stood up and gave a large smile before returning his hug. "Well well well. The gypsie comes back to us eh?" He teased before looking to Will after being nudged. A soft chuckle escaped from his lips as he poked his head out the door to look for signs of his mother. When there was none he went back into the kitchen and softly spoke. "Your mum was out very late last night with a mysterious man." He then pressed his hand to his chest, pretending to be offended. "And has the audacity to talk about us." Shaking his head he gave a faux disappointed sigh. "Your mother."

ZLGxKiH.jpg

After some short detective work Jacky managed to find out just what she had been searching for. A slow smile crept across her lips as she set her coffee mug down on a side table and turned her attention to a bookshelf nestled into the corner of the family room. She pulled back the first of a series of photo albums labeled by years until she found one that would have been when William was a toddler. She flipped open the first page and was not disappointed with the candid photos of her fiancee as a child. Prize in hand she wandered back to the couch and slipped of her shoes, tucking her feet beneath her as she settled the photo book in her lap and started flipping through the pages.

gaw0eQS.jpg

Maggie raise and eyebrow as Des suggested she should be spending her morning breakfast with someone else at the table. She rolled her eyes dramatically before shaking her head. "That statement alone tells me you know next to nothing about me except that I work at the Alley Cat." She took a sip of her coffee, settling back in her seat to educate her breakfast partner. "Where to even start... Well. Russells', of any name or gender, will never be considered as dating options. They're too dangerous, the whole lot of them, even those that haven't adopted the namesake yet." She spoke firmly, but the smile never left her lips. "Secondly, anyone else hitting on me while I work and are half in the bag are not looking for a date, they're looking for someone else. Of course present company is excluded in that statement: we both know your flirting comments aren't meant to grease the wheels but keep up appearances." She gave Des a playful wink.
Safton Safton

Theo Russell
93e67a6782c8f5e219ddec03f178a710--let-me-go-dont-let.jpg
Theo internally sighed at the nickname, usually only his mother called him TJ, but he never scolded his family when they did. He nodded along as Will explained the need for physical back up, gears turning in his head at the mention of it being some of their own members, curious as to who. His eyebrows raised when Will mentioned that his mother had been out all night, which in Theo's opinion was not like her, but he brushed it off, she was allowed to have fun sometimes right? Timmy's antics though caused him to actually chuckle. He shook his head and turned out attention back to what the conversation of stolen goods.

"I should be able to join you, I have nothing going on today, before we leave though I just have to run my bags upstairs." Theo answered, setting the cup in the sink, "How was the fundraiser?" Theo asked, leaning agains the counter, "Sorry I missed it, I was hoping to be back in time." Francis' fundraiser were always the talk of town for a few days after, and drama never failed to make its way into the night.

Interaction:
Misty Gray Misty Gray (Will)
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Timmy)

(Sorry its a bit short I'm in between classes, and its the only real time I have today.)

Desmond Forbes

1517548137584.png
Desmond continued to lean back in his seat, arms crossed as Margaret prepared to correct his presumptuous nature. He couldn't keep the cheeky smirk from his face as she did so; any other person might have assumed they were being legitimately chastised by the woman, but he knew better. He could see the telltale glint of mischief behind her eyes, the slight but noticeable playfulness in her tone of voice. They were the same things he had come to recognize over the course of their many chats at the Alley Cat; though seeing it here, out in "the world", as it were was different somehow... though not unpleasant.

As Mags finished her impromptu speech, Des let out a dramatic sigh before sipping at his tea. "And here I thought you would have liked a little danger in your private life, Miss Hughes," he said with a wink. "You will certainly have to explain that last bit, though. I'm quite certain that -- were I ever to make a 'flirting comment' -- I would be very sincere in doing so. What 'apperances' do you imagine I'm so fond of preserving?" he said, cocking his head to glance at her over the rim of his cup.

William Russell

hjnkjh-png.385731
When Timmy asked what was missing from the shipment, Will cleared his throat before answering. "Some of the drugs were missing from the shipment two nights ago. I know exactly how much should have been hidden amongst the alcohol, but we only received three quarters. I kept close tabs on the shipment to see if I could catch them out. Josh and Greg were the only ones who would have had chance to take it." He thought things over for a moment before looking Timmy in the eyes. "When we find them, I need you to do your thing first. I need you to try to get them to admit to it or to at least give us a plausible explanation. I want to know what they're doing with the stolen drugs. If they turn violent, which I know Josh can, then Theo and I will step in. If I think they're lying to us, then Theo and I will step in."

"The fundraiser was alright. Francis put on another great show," Will answered Theo. "The Morgans were throwing their weight around a bit, but we're done doing what they want. They don't own London and I don't intend on doing what they tell us any longer."

After a short drive, Will soon sighted Josh and Greg walking down one of the quiet streets to their regular pub. The rough area was relatively neutral, with neither the Morgans nor the Russells paying much interest in the rundown area. Will parked the car up so they could catch up to the two men on foot. "Josh! Greg!" Will called out, beckoning them over so they could speak outside an old, boarded up, former shop. The two men briefly hesitated before approaching their boss and his two brothers. "You both good?" Will asked his employees. They were both in their mid-twenties and though they looked like they could handle themselves, Will didn't doubt he and Theo could easily take them on. "Timmy's got something he needs to ask you," he said, glancing to his brother. He would let Timmy speak and all the while closely observe how the men conducted themselves whilst responding.

Interaction: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Timmy) KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Theo)

gaw0eQS.jpg

Mags watched Desmond as he countered her perfectly, a small smirk on her lips as the man requested not once, but twice to explain herself and her meaning behind what she had meant about her persona and intentions. She raised an eyebrow as he finished. "Well then, I never expected to confuse you so easily, Des." She chided playfully, shaking her head. "But I get enough danger in my work place with unsolicited attraction from men - and women, that I don't really feel the need to bring that into my love life too."

She eyed him a moment longer before decidng to continue on with their game. "Well, Des, to be perfectly honest you come across as kind of a flirt. You know the type: happy to smile and bat his pretty eyes and anything in a skirt with half decent legs. Don't take it from me, though, ask any of the waitresses at the Cat and they'll tell you. Which is exactly why I don't take your flirting as that: it's just you." She sipped her coffee a moment, before setting it back down. "And I don't mind it, truly, I understand just why you'd flirt as much as you do with your 'position' and all, but you don't need to keep those kinds of secrets from me Des. "She leaned forward and patted his hand playfully. "Tell me, honey, how long have you known that you like men?"
Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back